Author Topic: 南米Project (Nanbei Project: RoSN) [Cancelled.]  (Read 17948 times)

Gusano Wornis

• Member of Team Mystique
南米Project (Nanbei Project: RoSN) [Cancelled.]
« on: March 31, 2015, 11:51:02 PM »
[attach=1]
南米狂悪夢 ~ Rise of Suicide Nightmares
South American Crazy Nightmares ~ Rise of Suicide Nightmares
About the game
Nanbei Project Kyoakumu (or just Nanbei 1) is the first entry in a (possible) Video game series, created by gusano2314 and co-directed by Roka Enzaki. This game is highly inspired by Touhou, Mrs. Estaci?n and Len'en.

In difference to the later mentioned, this series is centered into a more modern setup, where most magic casters, but not exclusively, are males.

Due to story purposes, Stage portions are inexistant here, so it's mostly a boss rush kind of game.

Story
In a city whose name is never speak of, "Franiago", a misterious case has appeared: massive reports of deaths during night time. What's even more strange, is the fact they were "silent" murders at a very specific hour, with no marks or fingerprints. This lead to a conclusion: they died while sleeping.

These strange coincidences made the city go in panic, turning it into a sleepless place, they can't make them stop, and no one knows why this is happening.

Gusano Wornis, a student from Franiago South High School, got worried with the dream murdering, especially because he felt a strange energy since months, and decided to investigate the culprit behind this.

On the other side, Lapros and his friend, Sets'sek were aware of the events, and she was the only who felt the strange energy, She takes some advantage and helps her friend to also solve this mystery.

Characters
[attach=2]
 Protagonist,
Spoiler:
Stage 5 Boss
"The Power of the Wornis"
 Gusano Wornis
 Ability: None, apparently

[attach=3]
 Protagonist,
Spoiler:
Stage 5 Boss
"The Black Duplication"
 Lapros
 Ability: Duplication of himself and other kind of objects, Maniplulation of Darkness (to some extent)

[attach=4]
 Stage 1 Boss
 "The Master of Shapes"
 Michael Derpy
 Ability: None

[attach=5]
 Stage 2 Boss
 "Arrows of the Money"
 Marco
 Ability: Perfect Accuracy

[attach=6]
 Stage 3 Boss
 "The Living Control"
 Dark Matteo
 Ability: Control of Living Beings

[attach=14]
 Stage 4 Boss
 "The Chains of Destiny"
 Sets' Sek
 Ability: Manipulation of Chains, Manipulation of Physical Space

Staff Roll
Game-specific Team
Gusano2314: Game Director, Programmer, Story, Game Design, Graphics, Composer (10.5/18)
Roka Enzaki: Assistant
GhoulMage: Composer (4/18)
Unet: Character Artist Got replaced by KoishiKo at some point.
Janitogloy: Spell Card Backgrounds
Williatico: Composer (0.5/18)

Credits
Codes:
Misc. Code - Sparen
Loading Screen - Kirbio
SFX - Grn, Darkwalker, Gore, Neito
Talk Script - ExPorygon/Ozzy

[attach=8][attach=9][attach=10][attach=11][attach=12][attach=13]
don't mind the spanish screenshots, game is multilanguage.

Download Link (0.5a, last version done before cancellation):
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/gusano2314/p/nanbei-project-rise-of-suicide-nightmares-ver-05a
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:54:06 PM by Gusano Wornis »
carrying dead weight since 2015~

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Re: [Dnh Ph3] Project Gusano [Looking for a music composer!]
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 12:28:35 AM »
By when do you want the BGM?

I release Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation on June 20, and the workload seems to be less than that of NTP. Unfortunately, I don't have an SD-90, so feel free to make adjustments to the MIDIs I send. I also expect some kind of talent back from you.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Gusano Wornis

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 12:35:34 AM »

I release Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation on June 20, and the workload seems to be less than that of NTP. Unfortunately, I don't have an SD-90, so feel free to make adjustments to the MIDIs I send. I also expect some kind of talent back from you.
The first boss theme for at least this april, we can talk in Skype about the BGM.
add me, I am actually in the LOCAA group, so it will be easy to find me (Gusano2314).

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 12:38:44 AM »

If you're worried about the game, which I am assuming such. Then you should probably wait until the game is released.
If you're worried about him not doing well with the creative rights you gave to him, then well...  Don't give him such rights.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 01:00:34 AM »
The first boss theme for at least this april, we can talk in Skype about the BGM.
add me, I am actually in the LOCAA group, so it will be easy to find me (Gusano2314).

Actually, I left LOCAA some time ago. In case you need it my username is Fluffy8x.

If you're worried about the game, which I am assuming such. Then you should probably wait until the game is released.
If you're worried about him not doing well with the creative rights you gave to him, then well...  Don't give him such rights.

I'm actually worried about being too busy with stuff. I'd rather compose music for him when I'm not extremely occupied with my own thing.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 01:05:21 AM »
My comment was more geared towards the

I also expect some kind of talent back from you.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 01:36:05 AM »
My comment was more geared towards the

Well, I'm fine working for free, but it would be better to have some kind of compensation.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 04:55:59 AM »
Well, I'm fine working for free, but it would be better to have some kind of compensation.

...PhantomSong was referring to how you sounded overbearing, because your phrasing made it seem like you had absolutely no respect for Gusano. And don't expect compensation other than credit.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 05:44:44 AM »
Hello Connie, small adjust I made in your post: the screenshots have been removed as img tags because they are creating huge scrolling are slightly anti-mobile filesize. Please turn them in clickable thumbnails if you want to show them.  :)

Gusano Wornis

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 05:49:02 PM »
Hello Connie, small adjust I made in your post: the screenshots have been removed as img tags because they are creating huge scrolling are slightly anti-mobile filesize. Please turn them in clickable thumbnails if you want to show them.  :)
hi hele, just call me Gusano2314, I'm just wearing Connie as an april fools joke.
them in clickable thumbnails
an small question, how to do clickable thumbnails? I don't know since I don't usually make posts here   ???
...PhantomSong was referring to how you sounded overbearing, because your phrasing made it seem like you had absolutely no respect for Gusano. And don't expect compensation other than credit.
^^^^^^ this.

before talking with fluffy I'll ask Mach-Joy (the composer of DRI) and miransu if he can do the BGM, if nobody answers/their answers are no, I'll talk with fluffy
https://soundcloud.com/gusano2314  <- this is my soundcloud, here I put some of my song renders

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 09:29:33 PM »
Most upload sites generate them for you, but if you want to manually make one you need 2 images, the thumbnail img and the actual image which goes like

Code: [Select]
[url=linktoactualimg][img]thumbnail[/img][/url]

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 06:59:56 AM »
I don't know if i able to helped you or not, but i think i can offer you some of my original songs and maybe you can use some of it
But, all of my songs were midi, so literally you / someone else still need to arrange it...

Gusano Wornis

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 10:38:57 PM »
I don't know if i able to helped you or not, but i think i can offer you some of my original songs and maybe you can use some of it
But, all of my songs were midi, so literally you / someone else still need to arrange it...
I would like to hear those songs, but actually I do need specific compositions made for this game, so, if you can do the full BGM, you will be on the team :P
anyways sent me the midis via PM using mediafire or something so I can check them

Gusano Wornis

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 11:43:29 PM »
Updated the post with images and info about the game

Gusano Wornis

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 07:12:03 PM »
Sorry for triple reply/post/whatever you call it, but I need to give feedback about the composers that offered to make the PG BGM:
Vigor
well, from all the songs you sent to me, they only contains a single piano instrument, the melodies are good, but not in touhou-style music standards. some of them are, but with using just a single piano(well, you use 3 channels but all of them are piano or st.guitar)
Fluffy
you have an step more tan vigor in instrumentation(you use drums and more instruments), but you fall a bit in the melodies, but I didn't heard all your songs, only the ones on YouTube, also I don't know if you can bass and strings, if you can do them, we can talk about the songs later.

before talking with you both about the songs, I need to ask the composer of Don't Read It (Mach-Joy) to see if he can do them. if not, ill consider you both for the composing.

What you can do to improve your music
-Get a better midi music composer program, There is a free one called Music Studio Producer, Miransu Uwabami(a very good english-speaker touhou/wanwan-style composer) uses it.
get it at http://www.frieve.com/english/musicstd/download.html (where it says Music Studio Producer 1.25 msp125e.zip (10.2MB), the other is not free)
-Watch Midi music videos, the easiest ones are Wanwan's, yosiyosi's and some of Miransu's songs
miransu's music : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCse1W7tEW16t7qwkn6APBhQ
playlist containing wanwan's songs : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL84BEF65A05266A15
yosiyosi's songs : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL456EC884D2DCA674
-Practice

and that's all for now.

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »
Fluffy
you have an step more tan vigor in instrumentation(you use drums and more instruments), but you fall a bit in the melodies, but I didn't heard all your songs, only the ones on YouTube, also I don't know if you can bass and strings, if you can do them, we can talk about the songs later.

The ones on Youtube are all pretty old, so I'll send you some newer pieces.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 05:47:26 AM »
Sorry for triple reply/post/whatever you call it,
No worries.  :) At RikaNitori there is exceptional unwritten "rule" that Author's of threads are allowed to double-triple-multi post under the condition that is is a "valid" post > news / new update / important info. Of course bumping or doing micro-updates to keep your thread at top will be quickly noticed as 'less amusing'.

I am mostly happy that community members automatically do it right.  :D

Gusano Wornis

Re: [Dnh Ph3] Project Gusano
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 11:54:27 PM »
New Progress on the game!
-Non spellcard 2 made
-Spellcard 2 made(the attachment pic)
-Multi Language System Fully Working!

:]

Gusano Wornis

Re: [Looking for Spriter and Artist!] Project Gusano
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 08:08:44 PM »
Updated with the new help I need in Project Gusano  :D

Gusano Wornis

Game name changed to 南米狂気の悪夢 ~ Rise of Suicide Nightmares

Need a touhou style composer for the following themes:
Stage 2 Boss
Stage 5 Bosses (2 themes)
Must send midi via PM so I can render it to a ZUN style song

Gusano Wornis

[attach=1]
New Images and Relase date for demo!
(my artist is working on the art and sprites, don't worry)

Gusano Wornis

Re: [Need Musican] 南米狂悪夢 ~ Rise of Suicide Nightmares [Ph3]
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2015, 11:01:02 PM »
[attach=1][attach=2][attach=3]
New Progress, Full STG Frame, All 3 Stage backgrounds done!

Gusano Wornis

Gusano Wornis

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Re: 南米狂悪夢 ~ Rise of Suicide Nightmares [Ph3]
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 10:14:08 PM »
I gave it a try. Now a disclaimer: i don't know about danmakufu and i don't plan to change that, at least for now
Spoiler:
Rather, i'm self-teaching C++

I shall guess that you are a native Spanish speaker, and not very advanced in English, i'd gladly help you with translations, maybe i'll dump the script here in the forums. Later.

Aesthetics:
* Screen seems to lack the "enemy" icon on the bottom, the one that moves around when the boss does.
* Gusano's player sprite does not match with the dialogue portrait (color-wise), personally i'd like the player sprites to be smaller, but maybe that's your decision.
* You seem to be using apostrophes (') where quotation marks (") should be; i'm guessing it's because of how the code handles quotation marks (for strings of characters). In C++ the backslash (\) cancels the next the use of quotations as part of the code, but i don't know if it applies here, so don't do anything yet.
* Over personal taste, i'd say that you(r plot) is trying too hard to be edgy, but the story isn't over yet, maybe you'll surprise me.

Gameplay
* It feels that there's an abundance of attacks that have the "point to player" mechanic.
* Maybe some balancing on bombs (to do less damage)
* Peeping on the game folders there are a lot of redundant files, like images for Touhou players (Yukari, Medicine, Nitori, Marisa made by you), along with sound effects, and the data to make them work. There are 2 "PG1gusano" folders with the same contents. These files don't affect the game at all, but i suggest you to take them out of the game package, so it looks neater and requires less memory space (i obsess over deleting unused/redundant files on my computer).

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 11:26:58 PM »
The script crashes on the first spell that I encounter, no matter what I do ... How should I fix this?
I really wanted to play this, but it seems I can't...

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 05:00:29 PM »
Bugs:

Options - Default is Spanish, but when you switch it to English, the volume select screen uses 'Listo' despite the English setting having been activated.
Options - When it goes to Language Select, the cursor should be on the current setting, not Spanish by Default.
Stage 1 Boss - After the event, the boss spawns at (0,0) before warping to its position in the middle of the screen.

Overall, the music, backgrounds, and danmaku are overall very good, but you should really get a bilingual native English speaker to help you translate, because the poor translation does detract from the game somewhat.

Also, even though I managed to 1cc Normal on my first try, you *may* want to consider providing extends or life shards or the like. As of now, there is, I believe, no way to gain extra lives.

But yeah. Overall, nice job!

Gusano Wornis

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2015, 06:51:28 PM »
The script crashes on the first spell that I encounter, no matter what I do ... How should I fix this?
I really wanted to play this, but it seems I can't...
Yeah, it happens in some PCs, its a CircleLifeBar thing.

I fixed it, but Bulletforge is being a f***ot "Upload IO error", so, probably I'll use Mega links,

About the story: it's meant to be a bit edgy, since it's based more on part of my personal life and some of my friends, not everything is like in movies or books, and yes most characters are betas

Bugs:

Options - Default is Spanish, but when you switch it to English, the volume select screen uses 'Listo' despite the English setting having been activated.
Options - When it goes to Language Select, the cursor should be on the current setting, not Spanish by Default.
Stage 1 Boss - After the event, the boss spawns at (0,0) before warping to its position in the middle of the screen.

Also, even though I managed to 1cc Normal on my first try, you *may* want to consider providing extends or life shards or the like. As of now, there is, I believe, no way to gain extra lives.

But yeah. Overall, nice job!

Check'd, gonna fix it.

about the life shards: I made a system that gives you shards

I can't tell when the next version is ready for now, but thanks for the support!

Gusano Wornis

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2015, 07:31:31 PM »

Gusano Wornis

Re: 南米狂悪夢 ~ Rise of Suicide Nightmares [0.5a Soon!]
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 08:59:22 PM »
After more than a year of dissapearing to the english talking community, the project finally is seeing the light again! the main post is now updated with pictures, story and character design from the latest version of the game, 0.5a!.

The game got a 0.03a relase last year, but it was a spanish magazine exclusive, and I was reworking on the entire english translation of the game, so that's why I never updated here.

We're close to finish the main game to start on the extra
Spoiler:
and Mysterious
stage. The soundtrack is 100% completed.

The 0.5a beta will be relased first on the Bunbunmaru Extra magazine, but don't worry, this version will be relased on bulletforge a week after the main magazine relase (so I work on re-translating the omake.txt :D )