Author Topic: Anime Boston 2015  (Read 9031 times)

98digger

• The Master of 9801
  • What? Windows? What's that?
    • The 98th Dimension
Anime Boston 2015
« on: March 30, 2015, 02:53:19 AM »
One week left!

Anime Boston 2015 looks to be just as good as it was last year, and maybe even better. Judging by the schedule, which was recently posted, the Touhou Project panel has secured a 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM time block in room "Panel C" (Hynes) on Saturday, April 4th.

Schedule: http://www.animeboston.com/coninfo/schedule/2015
Touhou Project 2015 panel on AB forum: http://forums.animeboston.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19050

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that this year, there will be an attendance cap. Although it's hard to imagine, apparently AB attendance is reaching the maximum limit of people that the Hynes can safely hold. Hopefully most of you have pre-registered online; if not, be sure that you get there early to register.

Also, on a side note, if you're a Godzilla fan, then you'd better see this:  :D http://www.conventionscene.com/tag/gojira/

Enjoy the con! :D

-98digger

^Notice: I'm bad at writing replies :)    Also: Check out my personal site here: https://themasterof9801.neocities.org/

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
Re: Anime Boston 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 01:54:47 PM »
I have looked forward to this every year since 2007.

I also look forward to a time where things will go smoothly when I'm in control of the hotel rooms. :V

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:21:05 PM »
I just sent up 100 CDs containing Story of a Lost Sky v1.0.1C to Kilga last week for distribution at Anime Boston. I won't actually be there in person, but please pick one up if you can. :)

(Not exactly sure on what the details of how it'll be distributed yet though).

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 03:26:09 PM »
I wanted to go again this year but it wasn't in the cards for a number of reasons.  I hope everyone has a blast!

I just sent up 100 CDs containing Story of a Lost Sky v1.0.1C to Kilga last week for distribution at Anime Boston. I won't actually be there in person, but please pick one up if you can. :)

(Not exactly sure on what the details of how it'll be distributed yet though).

Post-panel FCFS handouts would probably be the easiest method, and then any remaining discs could be distributed in the game room (if there's another touhou booth?).

Or maybe Kilga just eats them all.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 05:27:20 PM »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 06:58:30 PM »
This will be my first AB so it should be interesting!  Most likely cosplaying Kaito(Vocaloid) on Friday and then Youmu on Saturday.

Lookimg forward ti Eagle's, since I love me a good burger.  Should try to economize my other food though.  That didnt go so well at MAGFest amd led to some hassles, haha.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

98digger

• The Master of 9801
    • The 98th Dimension
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 08:47:00 PM »
beeboop

Sounds good. Last year I did show up to the Touhou corner in the game room (some of you guys were playing PoDD), but I didn't play anything, so maybe this year I will.

On a side note, I did have plans to bring my PC-9821 Ce2 to AB earlier this year, but the hard drive failed and now I'm restricted to running the horribly broken "FreeDOS(98)". I did get LLS (only) running, but I think I'll give it another year so that I can really get the thing fully functional before bringing it to any cons.

I'll be there Saturday only, btw. :)

^Notice: I'm bad at writing replies :)    Also: Check out my personal site here: https://themasterof9801.neocities.org/

98digger

• The Master of 9801
    • The 98th Dimension
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 02:05:49 AM »
Any updates? :)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 03:38:01 AM »
Photoshoot was fun, video game room setup is a massive success (three projectors pointed at the back wall so they're the first thing you see when you enter), and Genichiro bested SuperParadox in the Eagle's Deli Challenge Burger-off.

EDIT: Saturday photoshoot is at 1 PM outside Hynes 206, panel is at 9:00 PM in Hynes Panel C on the third floor.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 04:04:29 AM »
Sounds like it went pretty well thus far!

I must say I'm not surprised Genichiro topped the Eagle's challenge amongst the group, given his 2012 performance (complete with Kogasa-san coverage). Makes me wonder if he finished the entire behemoth this time, though. :P
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

98digger

• The Master of 9801
    • The 98th Dimension
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 11:49:34 PM »
Its 7:44 now so like another hour until the panel. I'm posting from my 3DS lol :D

damn AB was awesome this year. XD

btw i'll be wearing an NES controller shirt :D

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 05:26:14 AM »
Well, if nothing else, it's nice to know that total disaster can strike and we can still be fine.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 06:20:29 AM »
Can someone upload the pictures from the photoshoot? I was only to take a few since I was in a lot of them, and I want the one where we were all beating up Tenshi

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 11:59:33 AM »
There might be some on the Gensokyo Radio Facebook page, since one of their guys was at that shoot taking pictures.

Jq1790

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 12:31:48 PM »
Also isnt there supposed to be, later on, some dedicated server where stuff like that is going to be stored, for if not all of it is put on FB?  I recall it being mentioned in the panel last night but not the details of that or if there was a timeframe stated.

Reddyne

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2015, 01:17:34 PM »
Photoshoot stuff always winds up online in one capacity or another come hell or high water. If it doesn't turn up directly here shortly after things finish up, we can start putting feelers out.

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2015, 01:53:01 PM »
I'll be posting my photos from the shoot as soon as I get home. I didn't mean to sound rude when I asked, if it came out like that :)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2015, 02:47:17 PM »
Well, if nothing else, it's nice to know that total disaster can strike and we can still be fine.

D:

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2015, 04:36:13 PM »
The Gensokyo Radio FB page is going to get Drunk Aya's camera dump from Friday and Saturday.

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2015, 05:24:22 PM »
I took some pictures of the con with my phone.  I apologize for the quality on some.

http://imgur.com/a/UM2RJ

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 01:39:22 AM »
Now you can't say this and not go into details

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 04:41:45 AM »
I'll attend this convention one day.

Reddyne

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 12:46:41 PM »
Now you can't say this and not go into details
Laptop decided it didn't want to talk to the projector because of ~reasons~. Luckily we had a backup and thus the copypaste-fest began. Unfortunately it ate into our presentation but we compensated for it somewhat. Still doesn't end our string of panel whoopsies.

All the good panels happened during times when we were busy. All of them. For everyone.

So many of us hung out in the games room for the entire weekend and probably wouldn't have had it any other way. It was a pretty rockin' place all weekend.

We sniffed out a PLAGUE RAT early on in the weekend but no one has gotten sick thus far despite hotel quarters being a giant petri dish. This is definitely a success.

I GOT MY FIRST DOUSHIO MOMENT. SOUND THE TRUMPETS.  :toot:

I spent $0 on silly frivolous trinkets and things all weekend! What happened?!

There is a restaurant very close to the con that has good food at a good price and never has a line. We went there 3 times. Totes OP nerf now plox.

Every con is a learning experience and thus every con results in us rejiggering the rules a bit. People might not like the change but the bottom line is we ain't doin' it right so we have to do stuff to make it better.

I think I got ~450 streetpasses, 400 puzzle pieces, and 2 full Find Mii 1/2 playthroughs in, resulting in like 8 new hats. GJ team!

Vurt da furk Bravely Default Chapter 4 to Chapter 5.

The stress of the weekend has resulted in muscle soreness, minor cuts, a raw throat, dehydration, and physical exhaustion, but it's still worth it!

EDIT: Might've spoken too soon on the whole notsick thing whoops
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:30:50 PM by Reddyne »

Jq1790

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 06:56:45 PM »
I found out far too late from one of my roommates(I think Juhani I forget) that the back area of the Road Shou was not staffers only, so Ill have to make sure to hang out back there next year if Im able to go like I hope to!
This was definitely one of my better cons Ive had with the group.  I think I mighr be slightly improving my interactiom skills so hey.  Progress~!

Jmyster

• Knives
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 10:19:27 PM »
Managed to do a 1cc run through of Perfect Cherry Blossom live to get my niece into Touhou, and drew a small crowd of newcomers as I neared the end stages. She wants to play all the games now. Con total success.

The projectors helped too--it was a blast to watch the games on screen. Back wall definitely has better visibility than the crunched up right corner of last year.

98digger

• The Master of 9801
    • The 98th Dimension
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 11:32:36 PM »
The projectors helped too--it was a blast to watch the games on screen. Back wall definitely has better visibility than the crunched up right corner of last year.

Yeah, definitely. We practically controlled the entire game room this year (many thanks to whoever it was who brought in all those computers/projectors). I'm pretty sure that we created a LOT more new Touhou fans than we did last year. :)

I spent $0 on silly frivolous trinkets and things all weekend! What happened?!

Yeah, same here. I didn't end up buying anything at all, cause all the Touhou games were sold out (first year I've ever seen that happen). Hell, even the copies of Mother 2 VGNY brought were sold out by Saturday too. Oh well, at least I can use my con money towards buying MS-DOS install disks for my PC-98  :D

Actually, I think AB this year was slightly better for me than it was in 2014. I stayed until like 11:50 on Saturday, so I pretty much got the "full experience" :D

Jq1790

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2015, 12:34:29 AM »
I managed to save money compared to what I was GOING to spend, but I still bought stuff.  My favorite find was totally what I picked up at the very end right before I left on Sunday...Scored a copy of The Best of ToHo Tempest by Sonic Hispeed Omega.  So, so good.

Also some art stuff from the AA from some people who go here.  Have to support my "local" meidos!

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 10:09:12 PM »
Does anyone have a link to where the photos from the Friday and Saturday shoots were dumped?

Shadow1176

• Garden of Death
  • Reaper
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 05:32:05 PM »
I've got no idea where exactly a dedicated area for the Touhou Project photoshoots would be, but I've got my Imgur archive here if anybody wants to see some of them.

http://imgur.com/a/FbZ93

Although, would anybody happen to know where any photos of the panel might be?
That time, is breakfast time!
My Fanfiction Profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2752493/Shadow1176
My Deviantart Account: http://shadow1176.deviantart.com/

Moekou

• Hourai Doll
  • Nyo~
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 03:28:54 AM »
Is there a page for befriending each other on Facebook? I was at the Danganronpa shoot and added 60+ friends from the photoshoot, and was hoping to do something similar with Touhou! I don't seem to see anything for Touhou Anime Boston 2015 on Facebook though.
Never forget these eternal words of wisdom: "Take it easy!"