Author Topic: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You - Translation (Decrypted .dat files)  (Read 130736 times)

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
Re: Gensou Shoujo Taisen You - Translation (Decrypted .dat files)
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2016, 06:21:15 PM »
Ok, apparently the Tewi issue was because it was patched incorrectly. Now I reinstalled, and it works perfectly fine,
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2016, 02:24:57 PM »
At chapter 43 when you attack Kaguya with Yuuka and some others the conversation they have before the attack starts is still untranslated.

« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2016, 12:04:02 PM »
I installed the 0.5 patch and the game soft locks when i open the spirit command

« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2016, 06:00:35 PM »
I installed the 0.5 patch and the game soft locks when i open the spirit command
Put the original JP data4 back, and that should be fixed.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2016, 12:27:51 AM »
The spirit command bug of FMW P returns. (We're doomed)

The thing is, when I open anyone's spirit list it locks up (But I can use the Shift keys to change the little information block at the top left of the screen. nothing more. I have to close the game) More strangely, when I see the status screen of Alice (for example) it doesn't have any spirits, as if she had not learned any. This happens to me in the 1.0.8 version, either with the patch or the clean game.

EDIT: It's possible for me to access the spirit list of the hourai dolls that Alice can summon without freezing my game. The problem with all the main characters persist though.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 12:41:37 PM by Tashi »
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2016, 06:11:25 PM »
I cant seem to get past this message, I have patched the game up to 1.12 but to no avail, it still keeps on coming back. Help is appreciated!  ???

MadokaMagica

• 魔法少女まどかマギカ
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2016, 04:10:01 AM »
I cant seem to get past this message, I have patched the game up to 1.12 but to no avail, it still keeps on coming back. Help is appreciated!  ???

The message says: "File decompression failed.  Please restart your PC before starting the game again."

I presume you're on the wrong patch?

« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2016, 06:45:03 AM »
Oh I see, thanks!  :D It was able to work after my PC did a mandatory reset for updates, but I still was confused by the message. The restart was probably the key, since I patched it to the latest version.

« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2017, 05:08:41 PM »
Please, it have been months since my last visit here, so just wondering. Is there anyone working on a full(battle dialogues) translation of GST: You? Thank you.

MadokaMagica

• 魔法少女まどかマギカ
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2017, 02:15:10 AM »
Talked with the translators and apparently they're not going to do battle dialogue because of the... lack of apostrophe in the Japanese fonts?  Anyways you're not missing too much with that.

« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2017, 04:00:33 PM »
I wonder how the translation for Ei is going, it's been a few months.
But I guess that's what it takes to force changes onto something that's supposed to stay as is.

Anyway, has the story dialogue been translated separately? I'd like to read the last chapters of Ei, if the dialogue just needs to be put into the game files.

« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2017, 02:29:34 AM »
Updated Eternity translation patch

Just in time for FMW4 to come out! Please don't ask us about making a patch for that game.

« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2017, 11:44:04 AM »
Ah, this is even better!
Thanks for working on the patch. What does it translate?

« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2017, 05:06:40 AM »
Updated Eternity translation patch

Thanks so much to everybody for their work on this.

Also ah crud I was still trying to talk to the team through BlitzBlast and now I'm not sure if they were sending my messages through, because they weren't responding to me or posting anything anywhere. If you need to update the patch (and my fears that Blitz didn't get back to you guys are founded) then here's the slightly more convenient version of my text insertion tools that you missed: https://pastebin.com/q0DPDFWX

Just in time for FMW4 to come out! Please don't ask us about making a patch for that game.

Code: [Select]
that's what they said last time
But actually, even if it turns out as well as when I tried to reverse-engineer FMW3, it would probably be best for me to wait a while (while the developers are still patching the game and whatnot) anyway...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 05:08:29 AM by Roonerspism »

« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2017, 06:16:27 AM »
Oh, Blitz got the tools to us fine, and there's no worry about him not sending your tools through. Uh, about those, actually....

We couldn't actually get the unpacker to work on data4!! Aside from the whole "you need to be on a Unix machine to use it" (which is strangely not the case for the Cypher or Repacker which can be run through simulated Unix environments), it just wouldn't correctly unpack decrypted files from data4. From what I can remember, Blitz said that it was probably because there were too many files for the Unpacker to decrypt in that data file (which there are quite many). I have no idea why that would happen or how to fix that, but if you were wondering why we left the Weapons menu and Spirit names untranslated, that's why.

Anyway, definitely something to fix next time around, whenever (if ever) that is.

« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2017, 07:20:33 AM »
Oh, good. But I'm surprised (as much as I can be when I work in such a fickle craft) that you're having those two problems with my tools. I'm on my Windows machine, the same one I do all my work and play on, and it's unpacking and decrypting data4.dat just fine.

I'd understand if you didn't want to dive right back in to translation work, but if you tell me what error message you're getting then I might be able to figure out how to write something less environment-specific. Or heck, I could just upload my entire CodeLite workspace and running the code from there would probably just work.

Anyway, definitely something to fix next time around, whenever (if ever) that is.

Mmm, yeah. It seems that next time I should communicate with everyone else more (well, I did choose this purposefully to remain unspoiled on the game, but I still could've at least had more than one point of contact with everyone else) if you were, in my perspective, suffering in silence.

« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2017, 01:30:40 AM »

Fantasy Maiden Wars Eternity Patch v1.1

Featuring Weapon names! And a couple script fixes (good lord chapter 46 was a mess)

As a reminder, the font that the game uses for in-battle dialogue does not feature English punctuation such as apostrophes, which means this is likely as far as the patch will go unless we acquire the means to modify the exe, which is where the fonts are stored.

« Reply #137 on: May 25, 2017, 07:44:12 AM »
Oh, I remember reading something about the quotes, but I didn't know it was a font problem. I'll look if I can do something about it.

« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2017, 08:22:44 AM »

Fantasy Maiden Wars Eternity Patch v1.1

Featuring Weapon names! And a couple script fixes (good lord chapter 46 was a mess)

As a reminder, the font that the game uses for in-battle dialogue does not feature English punctuation such as apostrophes, which means this is likely as far as the patch will go unless we acquire the means to modify the exe, which is where the fonts are stored.

Nice, thank you everyone who worked on this :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:28:49 AM by Seryuu13 »

« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2017, 05:38:32 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I can't find the 1.03 to 1.04 update patch for You anywhere. This prevents patching further than 1.03 which also screws over english Kou players. Can we get a download link for the 1.03 to 1.04 patch, please? It's not on the listed mirror (which is also missing 1.01).

The spirit command bug of FMW P returns. (We're doomed)

The thing is, when I open anyone's spirit list it locks up (But I can use the Shift keys to change the little information block at the top left of the screen. nothing more. I have to close the game) More strangely, when I see the status screen of Alice (for example) it doesn't have any spirits, as if she had not learned any. This happens to me in the 1.0.8 version, either with the patch or the clean game.

EDIT: It's possible for me to access the spirit list of the hourai dolls that Alice can summon without freezing my game. The problem with all the main characters persist though.

I think that's a bug with english players only. Running it using Locale Emulator to run it in Japanese fixes the issue. I know because I had that issue at first, too.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 08:07:20 PM by Neosonic97 »

« Reply #140 on: January 25, 2018, 09:19:44 PM »
Hey sorry if this is annoying but would it be possible to update the first post with links to the most up to date patches? As it is now you have to trawl through the whole thread and its hard for newcomers to tell which is the newest version.

Thanks for the great work as always!

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2018, 10:58:12 PM »
Hey sorry if this is annoying but would it be possible to update the first post with links to the most up to date patches? As it is now you have to trawl through the whole thread and its hard for newcomers to tell which is the newest version.

Thanks for the great work as always!

i second this.

also, can someone on the team confirm this team is... actually translating the game? i know this may seen odd but, while the first game has a ENG patch from Maidens of the Kaleidoscope, the second and thid game's patches are labeled as being completed by A bunch of goons on the Something Awful forums. i searched around and found nothing, but download links to their patches. and i have no idea on the status of even a menu translation of the 4th game, but i can't even find the something awful topic for the second or third games translations (actually navigating their forum is something i appear incompetent at and i can't even find their translated games section, and i know they made other patches...)

hopeing for a response.

@Ogelevil259 the Akurasu site has links to the patches, altho no idea how upto date those links are. or if they are even by the team here on this site.

Edit: found the project of sorts after a buncha stuff, i bought a forum account on the something awful forums and am trying to get more info.

Edit 2: i grabbed those tools for the second game, and figured out how to use them. i think im gonna update the english patch for it to include english spirit names, and attack names. not sure why it's not translated. i may also look for other misc things. if anyone wants to help let me know, it should be really simple if anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 10:22:13 AM by dawnbomb »
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2018, 09:34:09 PM »
i think im gonna update the english patch for it to include english spirit names, and attack names. not sure why it's not translated.
I think I remember reading something about the game crashing when you translate them

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2018, 03:54:29 PM »
actually i already found out why it would crash and got it working along with english attacks, and more. using the current english patch as a base.

http://puu.sh/zL16U/a2240196ed.png

http://puu.sh/zL1c3/01f81788ee.png

http://puu.sh/zL1q5/413d348568.png

http://puu.sh/zL1ts/b3c9370d14.png

for some stuff im being lazy about, i'm simply using Blazers english text from the first game (it helps to be consistent anyway) and knowledge of super robot wars and touhou.

im gonna try and take a stab at the third game today or tomorrow as well and see if i can get it just as English. i remember loading it up and going "oh, it's basically just the plot thats english and a few menus and very little else, i thought the second games patch was minimal, this is way worse"

i'll release once i do some playtesting, but anyone wanting to help me is welcome to send me a message. i guess i am gonna revive the translation effort. Atleast im like 99% sure the patch for games 2 and 3 is dead right now and all the effort is on game 4.  Still, english plot makes it alot better so kudos to Nook and them, but i'm gonna try my best. if anyone wants in, it would be a huge help, and i can walk you through how to help out.

now to figure out those tools for the third game..
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:06:11 PM by dawnbomb »

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2018, 10:54:55 PM »
As far as I'm aware, issues with code that's in the .exe of the game are what caused any attempts to translate the parts of the second and third game that were left untouched to fail - have you found some sort of way to access said exe, or is this simply attempting to resolve those issues without touching that?

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2018, 10:24:45 AM »
this is resolving without touching the exe. i just went and startedt by replacing just about all menu japanese text i could find with "test1" "test2" "test3" ect, and as i see them ingame replace them with appropriate english. i may make a effort to keep the names the same with the other games, or i may not. im not sure how much people care, but starting with "don't care" and making sure it bug free and release able, and then seeing if i still have the effort to change over to "care" afterward.

i don't think my screenshots are to bad anyway. i managed to get into the third game now, i seems more stuff is either in the exe, or maybe things got moved to different data files. anyway as for what you directly said, as far as IM aware, the issue was the team mainly wanted to do a plot patch, and weren't going to go out of their way to make the rest of it english unless it was easy or obvious what to do. (but thats understandable, not everyone has infinite time to put into a project to see if things can work. and what they did, the plot, is already a fantastic result! i just want to make it better.)

i noticed i can also make a mod for the games if i wanted but, mostly it's just convenient for testing.  if you want to get involved and help me, even just for testing, i welcome you nyttyn. :)

« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2019, 10:08:11 PM »
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I'm having some trouble translating something from FMW4.
I'm trying to translate the dialogue at the beginning of the game, with Rinnosuke and Akyuu in the Palanquin, I can edit the file with the dialogue (ChatList_OP04), but the translation does not appear in the game after rebuilding and replacing the .dat files, all other dialogues translate properly but not this one.
Can anyone who is familiar with the games translations please help me?

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2019, 06:20:37 PM »
[attach=2]

I'm having the same problem but with Complete Box. However, in my case the game will give me the same error even after a reboot. I've tried uninstalling the game, installing it, using AppLocale, changing the whole system to japanese, still the same.

[attach=1]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 06:24:35 PM by Arukaizer »

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2019, 10:03:24 PM »
So, it seems that the error is because I'm using Windows XP (yeah, yeah).

The 4 games works on XP individually, but in the Complete Box, they doesn't.

And, it's so weird... after some testing, I found out that the Complete Box installer itself won't install on Windows XP, but once it's installed, the gsw.exe does run on Windows XP(I moved the installed content from another computer to mine)... while it also DOESN'T.

While gsw.exe does run on Windows XP, you won't be able to pass the first black loading screen, since you'll get the error I mentioned before. While Windows 7 pass that just fine. So, yeah, Complete Box is only for Win 7+.

I feel so disappointed. I really hope the devs would do a tweak to make it run on Windows XP, since all previous games runs individually, but I know it won't happen.

A shame I won't be able to play this series(I managed to test the game in many ways with help from a friend's pc) since the translation of the whole series is likely to be moved to the Complete Box instead.

I know the 4 games are mostly translated individually, but I was hoping to play the 3 last ones with translated battle dialogues as well, which, if those turn out to be translated at all, pretty much will be available exclusively for Complete Box.

This has made this my saddest day of the year.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 10:10:04 PM by Arukaizer »