Author Topic: Rhythm Gaming! Let's dance and groove!  (Read 95152 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Re: Rhythm Gaming! Let's dance and groove!
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2015, 02:09:01 AM »
Magnolia is one of the most epic boss songs in the history of boss songs and no one can tell me otherwise

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2015, 04:34:57 AM »

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2015, 12:43:47 AM »
meanwhile IIDX got the lowest point of des-row's career. also have other boss characters got new art when their songs were given jackets? i can't think of any, which means konami is continuously topping itself in ridiculous pandering

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2015, 12:07:50 AM »
http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/bemani/reitaisai2015/p/music.html

Touhou's invasion into most BEMANI titles have happened. jubeat and reflec finally getting touhou remixes are kinda expected. But surprisingly even iidx got one, but considering it's Starving Trancer and moimoi I guess it's not that surprising, they already have a boss song on iidx with that alias afterall. Not to mention them appearing on every default songlist for several styles.

meanwhile IIDX got the lowest point of des-row's career. also have other boss characters got new art when their songs were given jackets? i can't think of any, which means konami is continuously topping itself in ridiculous pandering
Can't think of any either. The only one I can think of, but not quite what you're looking for, is Mamonis getting a really cool new art on the P*Light remix version on SDVX.
On the other hand, pop'n songs usually get their new art for their character when given jackets though, which is pretty cool.

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2015, 05:59:09 AM »
the only rhythm game i play is stepmania and i can pass st. scarhand soooooooo :v

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2015, 06:01:43 AM »
So Touhou have invaded BEMANI? Good news, and that means more Yuuhei Satellite.

Update on the arcades of my country:

maimai Orange Plus has entered Indonesia, although without complete song list and no online support. That means no Re:Master charts.
RhytmVaders a.k.a. Groove Coaster in Indonesia now have online support, although there's only one such machine right now, probably more to come. Nesica cards are currently unavailable and can only be bought by ordering.

That's it.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2015, 11:12:37 AM »
Update on the arcades of my country:

maimai Orange Plus has entered Indonesia, although without complete song list and no online support. That means no Re:Master charts.
RhytmVaders a.k.a. Groove Coaster in Indonesia now have online support, although there's only one such machine right now, probably more to come. Nesica cards are currently unavailable and can only be bought by ordering.

That's it.
Let me guess, only Jakarta have it.

Did the Groove Coaster in Indonesia had been updated to version 2?

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2015, 06:05:26 AM »
Let me guess, only Jakarta have it.

Did the Groove Coaster in Indonesia had been updated to version 2?

Only Jakarta have it. XD
Karawaci, Serpong, and Bekasi have one too

Yes, it's version 2 IIRC, although without a complete song list.

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2015, 07:42:22 AM »
send Rche a love letter!!!!!

I did it.

also I'm 6dan again. wanna go for 7dan soon but dunno if I can hit The Safari.

is anybody else who plays rhythm games here in socal? both R1 lakewood and R1 PHM are around ~30 minutes from me which is pretty cool. not that a meetup is really reasonable for me right now but I'm curious.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2015, 09:40:35 AM »

also I'm 6dan again. wanna go for 7dan soon but dunno if I can hit The Safari.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18403328
Go for the ANMITSU

is anybody else who plays rhythm games here in socal? both R1 lakewood and R1 PHM are around ~30 minutes from me which is pretty cool. not that a meetup is really reasonable for me right now but I'm curious.

SoCal player here. Dying of happiness because finally got to play sdvx here after not being able to play for 4 months ;ww; Oh gawd I'm such an addict.
Unlocked all the way to Sayonara Planet Wars in one setting. kuroma song is the best.

Don't know how to drive so getting to lakewood takes a bit over an hour via public transport. So I usually go pretty early on weekends. :v and I go like once every few weeks. so I don't expect I'd be meeting anyone here either. haha :v

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2015, 09:50:59 AM »
yeah today was my first time at lakewood actually and I'm not too active in the first place. might be going there instead of PHM now cuz there's a third machine (though I expect it'll be shipped to the Santa Ana R1 once that opens) and the drive is smoother, although until I get my license I have to mooch to get to R1 anyway

in any case my DJ name in PENDUAL is DJ ORZ, if you ever see a skinny 6'1 white boy with long curly hair playing terribly that's probably me. or probably not since I never play :<

E: wow actually I dunno if I could even get to THE SAFARI cuz looking at the changes made to 7dan in PENDUAL it's kind of scales.bms now. might just seem rougher than it is since I'm tired, guess I'll have to just practice ELPIS and Ubertreffen a lot and see.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 10:04:56 AM by huh what »

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2015, 07:09:49 AM »
Failed 7dan four times.

Johns:
- I hit 6/7 with my ring and pinky by default which makes The Safari's rolls extra hard from lack of pinky strength (can't hit Roulette nonran either)
- Ubertreffen nonran sucks when you can't actually hear the song (boring and demotivating!)
- I opened Thaws' video then forgot to actually watch it lmao

Also wow people were all over the sound voltex machines, I oughta try it some time
crack traxxxxx and daiuchuu stage are good songs
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:17:06 AM by huh what »

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2015, 07:40:04 AM »
Failed 7dan four times.

Johns:
- I hit 6/7 with my ring and pinky by default which makes The Safari's rolls extra hard from lack of pinky strength (can't hit Roulette nonran either)
- Ubertreffen nonran sucks when you can't actually hear the song (boring and demotivating!)
- I opened Thaws' video then forgot to actually watch it lmao

Also wow people were all over the sound voltex machines, I oughta try it some time
crack traxxxxx and daiuchuu stage are good songs

Ouch.
I felt like Ubertreffen was harder than FIRE FIRE when comparing PENDUAL's 7th dan to SPADA's. FIRE FIRE had less notes so it wouldn't cut into your gauge as much. and this whole dan is basically taka songs + rche lol
I didn't really completely followed the techniques on that SARAFI video but it's a good reference. I basically just pressed 6+7 together in most te-le-te-le-te-te parts when I did 7th dan :V

SDVX is awesome and you should definitely try it :V There's so many good songs on there now thanks to the success of FLOOR and constant updates every 1-2weeks, so much that it's basically impossible to catch up with updates unless you play like 50 credits a week. But they give out block bonuses (currency for unlocking) on a regular basis and with the exception of boss songs, you're not really restricted by what order to unlock things which are the best.
They actually have the Golden Week bonus till 5/14 and it's a really good source of blocks, you get up to 10 stamps a day (1 stamp per play) and you get 390 blocks on the 4th,9th stamp, 1k blocks on the 5th,10th stamp. To put it into perspective, you get more or less ~300 blocks per credit, and unlocking a SDVX III lv15 chart costs 2000~2300 blocks.

Songs from I are also dirt cheap and those from II are also had their price cut by over half so that's pretty nice for someone just starting out.
Not to mention NOVICE charts are pretty much all unlocked right from the start. (And you can't die from songs under lv6 or 7, I don't exactly remember, but you should see a SAFE label on the top right of the jacket if you'd be safe)

Oh yeah, guess I should post my card name. It's CSYM on both iidx and sdvx, but I won't be in socal for the coming few weeks lol.

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2015, 07:50:07 AM »
fire fire would probably be harder for me since I'm awful at scratching still. ubertreffen isn't really that difficult of a 10 (i was generally going into safari with ~90%) it's just... not fun to play over and over especially when combined with elpis. scales are kind of unexciting to read and hit (or flunk hitting). I like todestrieb tho, easiest 9 rche is my hasubando #imgay

thing about trying sdvx is that all my credits have been going toward IIDX and idk how much money I'm willing to spare in the next couple of months, will try it somewhere down the line though.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2015, 11:56:28 PM »

SDVX getting Ryoushi no Umi no Lindwurm from jubeat through policy break along with old policy break revives next week! yay!

I'll have access to jubeat prop in the next few weeks so gonna be unlocking this :>
I kinda wished it was a rb policy break though because I already have I'm So Happy and True Blue on sdvx, while I don't have a single song from the five policy breaks rb had... really would like to unlock dadadada on sdvx... Oh well, Lindwurm's also good!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2015, 07:45:26 PM »
I've been spending the past week basically living at my local arcade fixing their machines and upgrading them. Got DDR 2013 up and Reflec Beat and am currently working on fixing their broken Taiko Drum machine :D!

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2015, 03:58:26 PM »
Back in the PH and OH GOD ALL THE ARCADES ARE DYING ;_;

Most of the Beatcraft Cyclons have been replaced with Technika 3 again, but since PlatCrew is dead and TZ refuses to sign up for pigscrew, Technika 3 is mostly pointless as well.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2015, 10:57:16 AM »
So I happen to be in Japan while the SDVX Policy Break collab with Jubeat was going on.

There's a limited time genesis card generator volume with 5 jubeat related cards.
The Maud card is super pretty *_*
There's only 5 so trying to get them all shouldn't be too bad right? (I just want the Maud card T_T)

Ohhh gawwwddd all those dupes. aaaaaaahhhhhhh
Kira kira time was on the 9th pull. before that I was dreaded by all the Smith+Left+Right card dupes (got four of those in the first 8 rolls).
After 10 rolls I just gave up on the Maud card. sigh...

Also unlocked Dadadadadadadada on iidx and Lindwurm on sdvx :D
I'll never get tired of hitting the jacks on dadadadadada :V
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:00:17 AM by Thaws »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2015, 09:56:25 PM »
One of these days, I will manage to suck less.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2015, 06:25:30 PM »
oh boy
another addition to the BEMANI series

http://www.konami.jp/am/msc/index.php5

Does this explain the general lack of bemani updates during the whole of May?
The art is good.
Can this be the next SDVX or would be be another futureTomTom or beatstream?

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2015, 11:41:42 AM »
Pendual has original courses now

too bad mind the gap was cut otherwise I'd make a 取り残された美術 -> mind the gap -> 妖隠し -あやかしかくし- -> Boundary course because I'm a dumb (ps revive Hyper Boundary Gate)

not that I have a subscription anyway

E: I guess I could substitute CHEER TRAIN

E2: hmmmmm while I'm posting dumb touhou courses Moon Race -> Star Trail -> 千年ノ理 -> Immortal imo
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:49:08 AM by huh what »

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2015, 09:27:14 AM »
Recently, Deemo has been updated to version 2.0. It also added 2 new boss songs which is ANiMA by xi and Myosotis by M2U.
ANiMA is probably the hardest lvl 10 song in Deemo.
While Myosotis which is best described as Magnolia 2.0 is the ONLY lvl 11 song in Deemo, the dubstep is even harder than Magnolia.

In your opinion which one of this song is harder.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2015, 07:20:51 PM »
I've yet to download the new update or unlock the new songs because my phone borked, but I was sooo hyped! Should I just watch the charts on YT?

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2015, 01:27:06 AM »
I've yet to download the new update or unlock the new songs because my phone borked, but I was sooo hyped! Should I just watch the charts on YT?
Yeah, you can watch it on YT. But don't ever read the comment on those two songs if you don't want to get spoiled on the ending.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2015, 09:32:25 PM »
Whoa, Myosotis HD is like someone at Rayark had been playing too much Sound Voltex.

e: GDI XI I HAD JUST GOTTEN OVER MY PAROUSIA PTSD WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO US
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:34:12 PM by Aba Matindesu! »

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2015, 07:04:20 AM »
Been playing Dynamix for a few weeks, not bad game. Very similar to Deemo, but far more difficult, as notes come at you from left right and centre!

Oh and anyone play Cytus here?

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2015, 09:54:57 AM »
Been playing Dynamix for a few weeks, not bad game. Very similar to Deemo, but far more difficult, as notes come at you from left right and centre!
I even describe it to my friend as Deemo only with 3 sides.
This song here, which I can't spell the title is my favorite song.

https://youtube.com/watch?list=PL8kMnejAVvVOzj01XEDV1n5qHeQ0FQaSf&v=0A7R6a7vzIM

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2015, 10:45:56 AM »

The only issue I have is the level system which is required to unlock all the songs which I'm not a fan of :( I wish there was a way to just purchase a full unlock instead.

Level 39 though and my favourite song (and chart) atm is Decomposition:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmtmsAPQXIo

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »
The only issue I have is the level system which is required to unlock all the songs which I'm not a fan of :( I wish there was a way to just purchase a full unlock instead

I want that too. I just can't be bothered to keep playing for so long just to unlock new songs. I'm roughly around level 57.

So far my favourite song is variance and in terms of chart, iirc it's called red horse massacre.