Author Topic: Rhythm Gaming! Let's dance and groove!  (Read 95176 times)

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
Re: Rhythm Gaming! Let's dance and groove!
« Reply #360 on: February 11, 2017, 06:52:09 AM »
KAC NEWS!!!

DDR KAC CHAMPIONSHIP HAS ENDED, AND CHRIS FROM USA HAS BEEN CROWNED CHAMPION!
THAT'S RIGHT! FEFEMZ HAS BEEN DETHRONED!

Massive comeback after small losses from previous song by playing EGOISM440

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #361 on: February 12, 2017, 08:49:54 AM »
6th KAC was amazing.
Wished sdvx would stop going overtime due to technical errors though. The two finalists didn't get to choose a song of their own in the final round because they screwed up so many times. :/ Thing was still so hype though :]
Was worried iidx won't be as good to watch without dolce competing but maaan that
Spoiler:
Licht
vs
Spoiler:
u*taka
. Apparently it came down to literally the last note.
Them bringing NA players to DDR KAC is the best thing too.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:34:30 AM by Thaws »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #362 on: February 12, 2017, 08:00:55 PM »
Was worried iidx won't be as good to watch without dolce competing but maaan that Licht vs u*taka. Apparently it came down to literally the last note.
I maintain that random is sacrilegious and that
Spoiler:
U*TAKA
only lost because he got a shittier chord ;[

That said, all these matches were intense. The SDVX 20 reveals were soooooo hype.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #363 on: February 13, 2017, 01:39:37 AM »
I maintain that random is sacrilegious and that
Spoiler:
U*TAKA
only lost because he got a shittier chord ;[

That said, all these matches were intense. The SDVX 20 reveals were soooooo hype.

Spoiler:
Well maybe it was karma for him choosing mei
lol jk

SDVX 20s are hype and I can't wait for them to be released! I don't think there was any obvious hints in the preview movie for a possible ultraplayers HVN so would he4ven possibly come without the need to unlock a series of HVN charts? Though probably Ultraplayers GRV's gonna happen anyways and it's gonna be a unlock requirement for he4ven MXM like usual since konami earns more that way :(

I hope we get another blaster x3 soon because illness lilin is also coming up and if that MXM chart is also hidden behind another batch of HVN charts I don't see myself playing it until a year later with there being no blaster mode in US R1 machines.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #364 on: March 10, 2017, 02:34:53 AM »
In other news, Arcaea was just released. I downloaded it yesterday, and considering it's really doujin (so doujin I actually know one of the charters, and also know the other one's a 2hu fan), it's actually of impeccable quality.

Think of it like Sound Voltex if it actually made sense for phones, and the charts themselves are ~*~in 3D~*~.

jester147

« Reply #365 on: March 11, 2017, 02:07:54 PM »
More like it's a mashup of BEMANI games

One of my friend says it takes inspiration of only SDVX and CHUNITHM, but I think it's more like SDVX, IIDX PENDUAL, Reflec Beat, and MUSECA crossed together into one single game.

For songs, Shades of Light and Lost Civilization easily becomes my choice of best songs in the starting pack, Lucifer is also good. And surprisingly there's GOODTEK in there, which is okay. I haven't (and maybe couldn't) buy the DLC one.

jester147

« Reply #366 on: May 04, 2017, 12:53:31 PM »
I've got some info that SDVX machine has finally arrived in Indonesia! It's already been 10 months since the first loctest took place.

There's still no news on MUSECA, and for SDVX only the machine is featured. I hope the inside is SDVX IV.

THE WAIT IS OVER!

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #367 on: May 04, 2017, 11:11:04 PM »
I've got some info that SDVX machine has finally arrived in Indonesia! It's already been 10 months since the first loctest took place.

There's still no news on MUSECA, and for SDVX only the machine is featured. I hope the inside is SDVX IV.

THE WAIT IS OVER!

Just in time for the month long blaster energy x3 golden week event for you guys lol
Have fun unlocking blaster charts!

Tried Arcaea. Really fun but too a while to get used to my hand covering my own view when doing the "knob notes"

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #368 on: May 20, 2017, 07:20:33 AM »
It seems like Konami want to make their own CHUNITHM or Deemo. There's this game called Nostalgia by Konami. The gameplay is like when you combine CHUNITHM and Deemo. There's a piano in the machine, you press the note vaguely in the position of the note and you get point depending on your timing. There's a hold note, drag note (like in Deemo) and rapid tap note.

I say it's like Deemo because it is piano-centric. Most of the music are from piano. 50% of the music are classic piano piece like Fur Elise, you have an interest in classic piano you'll definitely know the song. And then there's piano arrangement of anime song (like Madoka Magica's OP in piano and I remember the theme song of a certain anime about ghost girl and her friends? Can't remember the title though), Touhou Arrangement songs (piano version of Knight of Night and Machibitohakozu) and mostly unaltered songs from Konami's other BEMANI game.

Doing good in songs gets you Steps. You use steps to unlock buffs? Achievements? (I don't know, I can't read Japanese) and unlock new songs and progress to the story? There is a story? I think? It's a silent story about a cat and a white haired little girl? I don't know, I still don't progress far. Let's hope it doesn't have a sad ending like Deemo did 'cause I don't wanna to be make teared up in a freaking arcade. I'm a man, it's shameful for a man to cry easily.

jester147

« Reply #369 on: May 20, 2017, 01:36:18 PM »
Ah... Nostalgia
Deemo gameplay with buttons, competes wih CHUNITHM

News: After SDVX came in, weeks later it spread like wildfire across entire Java! I just can't believe this level of expansionism after waiting for so long! This also include one or two IIDX machines having spread as well.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #370 on: May 21, 2017, 06:51:08 PM »
Ooh, the loctests in Indonesia are finished? I hope it's as successful there as in the Philippines (or even more)!

Ema

« Reply #371 on: May 22, 2017, 11:09:08 PM »
Okay so because of the person I now live with I was reminded that MotK is even a thing and I'm into Touhou again so I got bored and made an account here again.

But yeah hi I primarily spend my time on music games. So far these are the highest levels I can play:

DDR: 18s (on good days)
ITG: 15s (usually '''speedcore''' more than stamina charts; stamina is like 13s and 14s on rare days)
Pop'n: some 40s sometimes
IIDX: about midway into 10s and I'm really closing to clearing 七段 (currently sitting at an easy 六段 clear)
Jubeat: like some 9s maybe lol
SDVX: like some rare 13s but usually I like to stick around 8-11s - I haven't played SDVX much at all

I also on some occasions play other stuff like StepMania but idk how to properly express skill at games with arbitrary difficulty scales that are inconsistent but I'm at least decentish at most other things I play or have played

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #372 on: May 24, 2017, 05:20:07 AM »
Speaking of Deemo, it's now on the US PS Vita store. Not that that helps me much, since I have the CN physical version, but at least now I can patch the game?
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #373 on: June 11, 2017, 11:15:48 PM »
I've been playing a lot of Thumper lately on my Switch, and it totally lives up to the hype. This game is riveting. I'm not the biggest rhythm game person ever, but I can't put it down. This is the first game that's made me really glad the Switch is a handheld, so I can keep playing when I leave the house...
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #374 on: June 13, 2017, 11:05:14 PM »
I've been playing a lot of Thumper lately on my Switch, and it totally lives up to the hype. This game is riveting. I'm not the biggest rhythm game person ever, but I can't put it down. This is the first game that's made me really glad the Switch is a handheld, so I can keep playing when I leave the house...

Glad you're enjoying it! Since you have the switch anyway, maybe try Voez?

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #375 on: June 20, 2017, 10:08:43 AM »
How are the lengths of the levels in Thumper holding up for you? I wanna dig in but hearing that a single stage is 30 minutes long is a massive deterrent.

jester147

« Reply #376 on: June 20, 2017, 01:18:17 PM »
NEWS: Nostalgia machines have arrived in Indonesia. Seems Indonesia is also in for loctest.