Author Topic: Rhythm Gaming! Let's dance and groove!  (Read 94310 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Re: Rhythm Gaming! Let's dance and groove!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 04:25:58 PM »
The very same!

I'd hesitate to call them "newer." The cabs were limelight and copious. And the TimeZone's lack of eAmusement support meant basically that you had to start fresh every credit. But hey. Better than nothing!

I can only speak for the TimeZone arcade at the Glorietta 4 in Makati. They sort of... took their machines from Japan. Shhh.
I found jubeat copious, reflec beat limelight, Dance Dance Revolution X2, GuitarFreaks and Drummania, Pump it Up, DJMAX TECHNIKA, Guitar Hero, and something similar to but not quite exactly Taiko no Tatsujin. Sorry, no IIDX, SDVX, or... maimai. I've not heard of that last one.
I don't mean newer versions (I know we sure as hell aren't getting those ever), simply newer series. i.e. not DDR and vanilla Gitadora.

Speaking of which, I forgot to ask, did you play Sandstorm while you were there? :V

@jester: as above, RB was moved somewhere, not sure if RP Ermita or Megamall because I lost track. There's maimai in SM Manila and Rockwell (Quantum locations, not Timezone). Taiko is scattered, usually pirated and in crappy condition. The "similar" game happens to be Percussion Master, made by a Chinese company. Most Technika cabs have been "upgraded" to beatcraft cyclon because Pentavision died.

IIDX... oh god. Sigh. Due to low traffic, Timezone's cabs have slowly been converted into Just Dance zombies. The only decent cab left is some other arcade franchise's Sirius in some remote mall. It was online when it was still in Mall of Asia, then we upgraded it to Lincle not knowing that eamuemu development had stopped completely, so we changed it back to Sirius but it was moved soon after. Now it's close to dead and IIRC its insulation got rekt so you may get static shocks while playing. You'll also find a slightly broken pop'n music 16 in the same location, I think.

e: TZPH's better cabs are literally hand me downs from SG locations.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 05:03:16 PM by Aba Matindesu! »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »
Yes

jesus christ im loving this

when will this come out my body is ready

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 08:18:51 AM »
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/73096

BEMANI artists doing Touhou remixes.
This gonna be good.
Jubeat/reflec is probably getting some of these transplanted along side with sdvx and beatstream.

Looking forward to the PON and NekomataMaster remixes. DJ TOTTO feat. 3L, this combination had a original song in rb before, this should be good too. :D

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 10:41:30 AM »
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/73096

BEMANI artists doing Touhou remixes.
This gonna be good.
Jubeat/reflec is probably getting some of these transplanted along side with sdvx and beatstream.

Looking forward to the PON and NekomataMaster remixes. DJ TOTTO feat. 3L, this combination had a original song in rb before, this should be good too. :D

Oh shit, get hype.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2015, 01:59:48 AM »
> Chinese Tea
> PON

Howling -Shanghai Edition-

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2015, 02:45:50 AM »
1) I was never blessed enough to have a sows account :[
2) I miss my IIDX controller (left it at home and now it's hiding in some box in who knows where)
3) There's a very very tiny rhythm game lounge that opened up here in town that I adore and has resparked my love of taptaptap. I've fallen in love with jubeat and now I'm actually learning how to play Pop'n and SVDX and we all pitched in to get an IIDX machine which should be here very very very soon :O

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2015, 03:45:07 AM »
So I went to ggpon and man I really suck at pop'n :( can barely pass 23s. At least sdvx made me feel good about myself D:. I'm like at a wall with all my rhythm game skills where I can comfortably pass at a certain point but if I go one step harder I fail horribly :S.

I like being on a first name basis with the arcade here at least xD. GOTTA PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:47:43 AM by helvetica »

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2015, 04:23:36 AM »
Every rhythm game will have a wall of some sort, which is where it determines if people are willing to practice enough to bypass it or not. And as you go higher in the difficulty scales, more bigger and harder walls will pop up for you to overcome.

For example, Sound Voltex has plenty of walls, from hitting notes while turning a knob, to doing crosshands and one-handed note sections within knobs.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2015, 05:43:25 AM »
Yeah I played Sound Voltex for the first time today and I can pass anything on novice but trying to go up a step is lol. Still, was my first time and I'm getting the hang of it :D.

Pop'n is just really frustrating because it's like I try to go up one step and it's horrible and I can't do anything. At least with jubeat I was able to steadily work my way up from starting at 5 to consistently passing 8s, but Pop'n is just really really hard D:. I have the same problem with DDR where I can play standard on pretty much anything (and get FCs) but going up to heavy is a wall of nope and I dunno how I can practice to improve :[.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2015, 06:03:05 AM »
Quick question: do you look at colors or lane positions?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2015, 06:12:46 AM »
I switched to using the IIDX notes very shortly after I started playing since the colors were super confusing, so yes I pay attention to lane positions I guess :V. I actually tried switching back to normal notes tonight on another player's recommendation and I couldn't hit anything :\.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2015, 10:35:38 AM »
Pop'n Music will be weird at first in lower levels because the rating is super inconsistent and/or heavily dependent on what patterns you're good at. Mostly the former, as you'll find songs that are either way too easy or way too hard for that level.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2015, 11:45:01 AM »
The arcades in SG here stopped updating jubeat as maimai took over (over 10 machines in one of our biggest arcades, wtf), but i'm hoping they'll go back to importing them jubeat machines once the touhou songs are in  :ohdear:

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 12:00:29 PM »
You got plenty of Touhou in maimai, stop complaining.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2015, 12:15:03 PM »
The arcades in SG here stopped updating jubeat as maimai took over (over 10 machines in one of our biggest arcades, wtf), but i'm hoping they'll go back to importing them jubeat machines once the touhou songs are in  :ohdear:
SG?

This is my skill level based on the song difficulty:
maimai: 8-9
Groove Coaster 2: 8-9
Sound Voltex: 7
Stepmania: 9

Any higher than that I will guarantee to fail.
Every rhythm game will have a wall of some sort, which is where it determines if people are willing to practice enough to bypass it or not. And as you go higher in the difficulty scales, more bigger and harder walls will pop up for you to overcome.
It seems I hit those wall.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2015, 02:15:54 PM »
I guess I should post my current skill based on difficulties for passed songs as well

Sound Voltex: 15 (almost passing Bangin' Burst though)
DDR: 10 on the old scale, no fucking idea on the new one, probably 18? Because I can pass Mei lol
ITG: 14 (if we're counting custom charts)
Jubeat: 9
Reflec Beat: 9
Pop'n Music: 32-33, I've passed a 35 and a 37 though (Elemental Creation and Hyena respectively)
IIDX: 8
Project Diva: all of the songs in the console versions except PD2nd Singing Passion of Hatsune Miku because fuck the game's judgement window
DJMax Technika 3: 11
Pump: 14 on the Pro scale, 11 in doubles, dunno what that accounts for in regular Pump scale though

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2015, 05:59:16 PM »
While we're at it:

DDR: 10 old, 17 new (but my stamina is horrible so this is pretty much once a day max)
jubeat: 10
Reflec Beat: 10+
IIDX: 12 (~12.7 comfort zone, cleared Tricoro Kaiden)
pop'n: 41 old (hesitant to say 42 because I've only passed fffff, Zeta and Monkey's Spiel), 47~48 new?
Technika: 12 (only Bamboo on Bamboo, not Xeus. RIP)
PIU: 17? (haven't played in forever)
DM: ~93 comfort zone, most songs above will be super sloppy without autobass
GF: 90
maimai: 10? Never played anything past the first version offline :'C

I switched to using the IIDX notes very shortly after I started playing since the colors were super confusing, so yes I pay attention to lane positions I guess :V. I actually tried switching back to normal notes tonight on another player's recommendation and I couldn't hit anything :\.
Color is probably more relevant to pop'n than in other games, but I'd still consider position more important myself. Just go with what you prefer~

SG?
Singapore.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:03:32 PM by Aba Matindesu! »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2015, 08:24:29 PM »
Hmm, DDR new 12 on foot. I can play the equivalent of 17s on the controller though.
Jubeat: "High" 10s get A's, maybe S's, up to SS on some "low" 10s
Reflec Beat: Precisely one AAA+ on a 10+ (Guess.
Spoiler:
It's Stellar Wind :V
) I get AAA's on them otherwise and have platinum frames on all 10s and below.

Also, for mobile rhythm players:
Cytus: Okay, never mind, the '9' label in this game is wide as a motherfucker
Deemo: I do okay on 10s, but can get FC / ~98% on 9s
Tone Sphere: Got myself 6 stars on charts up to 8, but I did pull a 4-star rating on the 11 Flugel and 11.5 Linear Accelerator.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2015, 10:10:02 AM »
Good news for everyone living near a Round 1 location in the US. It appears sound voltexes is arriving by the end of april and some locations already got it(?) :DDD
Haven't been able to play SDVX for a few months, can't wait to play!

Since everyone's doing it:

SDVX - 16 (AA'd Bangin' and Ultraplayers, don't have access to other 16s :/ stupid Infinite Blaster unlock system... only good thing that came out of it was the excessive gauge. )
Jubeat - SSS on low 10s, SS on high 10s
RB - Can at least get AAAs on lv10+ generally I guess, except for the hardest ones.
iidx - 8th dan, low lv11s. Barely failing 9th dan, almost getting there!
pop'n - new 43~44
DDR - new 12, and then I'm so out of breath I can't do anything for a while :v
Taiko - new lv8~9 maybe. Didn't play much. Only slower songs for lv9 because I lack stamina.

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2015, 10:49:25 AM »
So everyone's posting their skill caps, might as well, although I only played some, because arcades are scarce here.

maimai: 12
Pump it Up: 10-11
RhytmVaders (Groove Coaster): 9
Taiko no Tatsujin: 7 Muzukashii, can't even Oni orz

Well that's it, I know it's few.

FlamingRok

• Rena is pleased with your efforts.
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2015, 11:09:17 AM »
I don't have access to too many rhythm games because lack of time/funds, but on the ones that I have played, this is probably my skill level.

Taiko no Tatsujin: 5 Muzukashii, no Oni why :<
IIDX: 5 (really not that good)
DDR: 10-11
Project Diva: I can usually FC all Hards, and can Excellent some of the easier Experts. My thumbs aren't super co-ordinated.
osu!STD: Can FC 4*, can usually beat 6*.
osu!Taiko: Can FC 2.5*, can usually beat 3.5*.
osu!CTB: Used to be much better...can FC 2*, can beat 4*.
osu!mania: Depends on keys really, 4K I can FC 2.7*, beat 3.7*. 7K, I can FC 2.5*, beat 3*. All other I dunno because lack of those beatmaps.

Yeah, osu! kinda dominates the list, but like I said, I don't have access to too many rhythm games.

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2015, 01:32:21 PM »
anybody wanna talk about how you send boss characters love letters in IIDX now. great video game

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2015, 11:53:23 PM »
Oh yeah Crypt of the Necrodancer is officially out now

it counts as a rhythm game right? :V

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2015, 12:08:42 AM »

It was just released? I thought it's been out for a while already lol

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2015, 12:45:55 AM »

Yeah definitely, as it requires a sense of rhythm to do well in the game.

This is different from a music game, where it's a game that is heavily influenced on the music but no rhythm is requires (ie. Beat Hazard)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2015, 08:21:17 PM »
Went to GGPon again last night, and going tonight (I have a problem). WE'RE GETTING A REFLEC BEAT MACHINE (hopefully two for vs.). Also IIDX is supposed to be here Soon?. Too bad it'll be Lincle but hey, any IIDX is better than nothing.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2015, 04:08:13 AM »
Yeah, Lincle would be great if eamuemu went up to there at all :fail: of course Konmai gives everyone the shaft for the few R1 locations that'll pop up at all.

Either way I totes still need to move to Ohio.

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2015, 04:36:30 AM »
the one upside to Lincle is you can still play madrugada and EXTREMA PT.2 and other good songs that got cut recently, rip in peace

anyway I'm near a couple R1s since I'm in socal and I generally play 7-9s in IIDX, plus some easier 10s. was 6dan in SPADA but got knocked down to 5dan in PENDUAL. don't play nearly as often as I'd like to due to current life situation (don't have my license or a reliable source of income yet) so I get rusty easily and climbing the 10 wall is probably gonna be a while. event is a good excuse to play soon though so I can be a garbage idiot and send Rche a love letter!!!!!

I haven't actually bothered with any other bemani games though, I know they have pop'n and jubeat at R1 PHM but last I checked they're not on eamuse and they're also right next to Pendual which is much much louder so that's kinda a disincentive when your hearing is shit at separating noise from other noise. wanna try out sdvx but I feel like I'd get a headache immediately, fuckin bright lights and electronic kicks man

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2015, 05:38:23 AM »
Yeah, Lincle would be great if eamuemu went up to there at all :fail: of course Konmai gives everyone the shaft for the few R1 locations that'll pop up at all.

Either way I totes still need to move to Ohio.
The place here is super chill tho and there's talks of moving to a new place that's even better which is great :D. Maybe Konmai will throw us a bone in 2045. I wish we would get an R1 here but good luck this is Ohio :[. Until then I'm stuck with basement too dee ecks. I'm not that good at it anyways so I doubt I'll notice :b (I only dabbled in CS and never seriously, was way more into DDR at the time).

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2015, 11:51:55 PM »
I never played Deemo before and it's so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute I regret my life choices :(