Author Topic: Sword Quest V - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 57699 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Sword Quest V - A Z-Machine Adventure
« on: March 07, 2015, 12:57:12 AM »

>You are Toyosatomimi no Miko, Gensokyo?s finest hermit!
>Yours is a curious case; once emperor of this entire nation (except for Hokkaido, Okinawa, and such), you retired away to undertake a ritual to grant you immortality and bring you closer to perfection of being. It worked beyond your wildest expectations, transforming you to the person you?ve become today. One might complain about how long it took, but the results have been worth it. You live in seclusion with your retainer, Futo, and your former consort, Tojiko, refining your mastery over the art of the Hermit and catching up on the 1500 or so years of your nation?s history that you've managed to miss out upon, and trying to understand the nature of this land of Gensokyo. You are not certain which of those two fields has managed to shock you more.
>You have stepped down as a ruler and renounced your birthright, but you do try to maintain a noble?s gravitas. Your interests these days involves perfecting your hermitry, and eventually ascending to the ranks of the celestials. While you no longer have a true interest in leading the masses, you do feel that Gensokyo need to be united under a single leader. At the very least its human population will not do particularly well in its currently weak and disunified state against the likes of the youkai, one cannot depend on corrective measures such as a shrine maiden forever?
>Of late, you have learned of a growing unrest within the human village and on the urging of Futo and Tojiko, have visited to assess the situation. To your mild surprise, you have found that a small handful of villagers have some interest in Taoism. While you have no intention of taking on any pupils, you are contemplating giving them some basic instruction and seeing how it goes over. You've also heard some rumors of a contest regarding some bit of lost onmyoudo lore.  Your investigation has led you to spend the evening in town, or rather, just outside of it. A kind farmer offered to loan you some space for the evening. This space, you were a little dismayed to discover, was her barn. However, it would have been rude to spurn her offer, so you graciously accepted and spent the evening on a pile of clean straw; thankfully the barn is currently free of livestock. Perhaps someone will build an inn someday?
>You  awoke to find your sword stolen and your attendents missing. Eyewitness accounts have said that Tojiko and Futo have been going around, carrying a wrapped bundle in the shape of a sword. You have been searching desperately for them, following a trail that has lead through through the village and into the Forest of Magic with a detour through the Bamboo Forest. You presently travel in the company of Reisen, who hopes to resolve a dispute at Eientei in favor of the rabbits, and are visiting with Alice, who seems to have had a conflict with your rogue companions. Eventually, after some pleasantries, you found that they went toward the underground.
>Following Reisen there, you descended, and soon found the earth spider she was seeking out. As well, you found that earth spider tending to a bucket youkai who had been recently ambushed and had a wand of hers stolen by an unknown assailant. Pressing onward, you entered the Ancient City of the oni, and wandering its streets searching for your comrades, learning they were there from a youkai cat, then having a tense meeting with one of the buddhists to narrow down the search. You finally found them in a dancehall, where you learned they were not the ones who had taken your sword, but rather that they had been chasing the thief themselves, with little success and much blundering, ending with Futo taking a rather nasty beating from one of the oni. They presented you with a wonderful cloak as a gift, and resolved to stay there and rest up while you searched. You decided to try to investigate the city more, and visited the establishment of Nue Houjuu, who was all too happy to sic her patrons on you. In the escape, you've been drawn into a battle with an oni whose sister you unfortunately kneed in the back. >After a protracted but victorious battle, she directed you toward the lair of one of the Devas, an oni styled Kay. The Deva's information helped you decide that your weapon almost certainly wasn't underground, or at least not in the city. Returning to the surface, you encountered Youmu, who had much to say about your former teacher and cohort, Seiga, doing something to the Saigyou Ayakashi that resides within the Netherworld. You agreed to look into it, and also found yourself roped into some sort of stage production that the Ghost Princess is planning, after learning the Buddhist's leader was going to be involved. You then visited Reimu, who agreed with some reluctance to allow your cohorts to stay at her shrine, and suggested that you speak to either Sakuya, Marisa, or Mystia about the key you bought from Kourindou. You then proceeded toward the Netherworld, and have encountered a belligerent woman in red with a floating black box, who seems to be rather keen to chase you out.

> Frown.
> "I'm afraid I cannot do that."

>"Naw, I'm pretty sure you can do exactly that," says the woman in red. "Just do all the things you did to get here, but in reverse."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Sword Quest V - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 01:14:52 AM »
> Shake head.
> "It would not do to back out of my agreement."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 01:52:19 AM »
> Shake head.
> "It would not do to back out of my agreement."

>"You ain't got no agreement, because first off Youmu wouldn't just send someone on their own who don't even know the way," says the woman in red. "Now get outta here before I have to pitch you a beatin'!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 02:21:31 AM »
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "I do not wish to fight you, but I am not leaving until she arrives."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 02:39:05 AM »
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "I do not wish to fight you, but I am not leaving until she arrives."

>"So what," says the red-suited woman. "you just expect me to believe you'd wait out in the middle of nowhere rather than meeting up someplace intelligent. Like...anywhere but here?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 02:45:13 AM »
> "I was actually planning on waiting at the entrance, as I do not wish to enter without her as a guide. She did give me directions, but she mentioned that the pass to get there is easy to miss. Either I have done so already, or I have not come across it yet."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 02:59:14 AM »
> "I was actually planning on waiting at the entrance, as I do not wish to enter without her as a guide. She did give me directions, but she mentioned that the pass to get there is easy to miss. Either I have done so already, or I have not come across it yet."

>"Okay, either you're dumb and you're lying to me," says the woman in red, "Or you're not lying and you're really dumb! Either way, we can't have looters hanging around, so scram!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 03:06:40 AM »
> "Your sentiments are noted, but I believe I will continue my search for the pass she mentioned. Please do not let my presence interrupt your business to the north."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 03:20:46 AM »
> "Your sentiments are noted, but I believe I will continue my search for the pass she mentioned. Please do not let my presence interrupt your business to the north."

>"No, because see, I don't need you trying to loot my house either," she says. "You don't have any business here, so just go away already."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 03:27:01 AM »
> "I wish you a pleasant afternoon. Please excuse me."
> Move to continue our search, keeping in mind that this person will probably start firing upon us.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 03:35:59 AM »
> "I wish you a pleasant afternoon. Please excuse me."
> Move to continue our search, keeping in mind that this person will probably start firing upon us.

>"You sure are lookin' to get your face stopped, ain't ya?" says the red-suited woman.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 03:41:08 AM »
> Continue our search for the pass Youmu mentioned.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 12:26:59 PM »
> Continue our search for the pass Youmu mentioned.

>You continue your search. After a moment, the red-suited woman fires a single yellow shot in the shape of an arrowhead in your direction. It is moderately fast, but you're far enough away that you should be able to dodge it easily.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 01:54:29 PM »
> Is one of our hands occupied from holding our travel bag, or is it looped around our belt?
> Casually strafe to the left to get out of the way of the shot.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 02:30:59 PM »
> Is one of our hands occupied from holding our travel bag, or is it looped around our belt?
> Casually strafe to the left to get out of the way of the shot.

>You are carrying it.
>You causally strafe aside, and the shot passes you by.

>_

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 02:34:31 PM »
> Continue walking as if nothing happened, but do keep an eye on the woman.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 02:51:48 PM »
> Walking or flying, whatever we're doing right now.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 03:19:31 PM »
> Continue walking as if nothing happened, but do keep an eye on the woman.

> Walking or flying, whatever we're doing right now.

>You continue on your way.
>"Hey!" the woman in red shouts, "If you're gonna trespass, at least don't ignore the people who live here!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »
> "You have made it clear nothing I say will change your mind, and you have insulted me several times over. Unless you are prepared to rectify these things, I see no need to continue engaging with you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 03:47:52 PM »
> "You have made it clear nothing I say will change your mind, and you have insulted me several times over. Unless you are prepared to rectify these things, I see no need to continue engaging with you."

>"You insulted me!" She says. "You're the one coming around my home causing problems and getting all uppity when you get called out on it!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »
> "What problems have I caused?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »
> "What problems have I caused?"

>The woman in red turns her hands up and widens her eyes. "Oh , gee, I dunno, maybe the whole skulking around thing? Then acting like a turd? Then just ignoring the people you're trespassing on? I bet you're a real hit at parties!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 04:17:09 PM »
> "Skulking? Are you referring to when I actively tried to get your attention, instead of sneaking around and trying to hide like the thief you allege me to be would actually be doing?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 04:39:51 PM »
> "Skulking? Are you referring to when I actively tried to get your attention, instead of sneaking around and trying to hide like the thief you allege me to be would actually be doing?"

>"Because no one ever tried to pass themselves off as being something other than a thief," says the woman in red, rolling her eyes again.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2015, 04:45:08 PM »
> "My point is that you would not even have known I was here if I did not grab your attention."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2015, 04:54:34 PM »
> "My point is that you would not even have known I was here if I did not grab your attention."

>"I totally noticed, I just didn't say anything," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2015, 05:20:34 PM »
> "If it is so imperative that I not trespass, why not speak up then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2015, 05:49:49 PM »
> "If it is so imperative that I not trespass, why not speak up then?"

>"...Shut up!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2015, 06:36:53 PM »
> "Quite. Anyway, since you claim to be native to this area, if you have some form of direct contact with Youmu, I would be perfectly content to meet up with her elsewhere that does not bother you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »
> "Quite. Anyway, since you claim to be native to this area, if you have some form of direct contact with Youmu, I would be perfectly content to meet up with her elsewhere that does not bother you."

>"Well, I kinda of see her a lot," says the woman in red. "I could pass on word, or have one of my sisters do it."

>_