Author Topic: Worst Bullet Type  (Read 10021 times)

Re: Worst Bullet Type
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2015, 01:41:02 AM »
Hm... the only ones I really can't stand are Marisa's stars. And that's just because their hitboxes are always smaller than I'm expecting, so I can never tell if I'm safe or not. I don't have a problem with knives and I actually really like Miko's glowy bullets, I just wish ZUN would use them in more interesting patterns.

What I really hate are things like Raiko's drums or Unzan's fists. Stuff like that shows up a lot in fan games. They take a large image, treat it like a bullet, and pretend like that makes the pattern interesting or unique. That's the biggest problem I had with UFO- every boss except Byakuren and Shou introduced a "new bullet type", but most of the patterns using those bullets are uninteresting.

I also remember getting pretty annoyed when I was playing SA Stage 4 for the first time and I got to the blue amulet section. They look pretty similar to the point items that are constantly falling toward you, so it can really throw you off when you're new to the stage and you haven't figured out the bullets' patterns yet. Even now that I know the amulet fans are aimed at you, the point items can still bother me sometimes during that section.

I had that problem for a long time. Actually, I still have that problem =P
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:44:03 AM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 06:20:50 PM »
I kinda like the different bullets/objects in UFO and in the other games. Gives the bosses more character.

And I think the blue amulets matching point items in SA Stage 4 is intentional. Access me up a lot so I ignore scoring in that stage.

Re: Shou's curvy lasers; Raiko has them, too!

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 07:32:25 PM »
To be honest, I don't find I have a particular type I dislike in general, it's only in particular circumstances where I dislike bullet types and that's when visibility is a problem. In UFO, I always had trouble seeing bullets as they pass over your options on stage 2 Kogasa's penultimate spell when using Marisa A (particularly when focused since the options form a tight glowy row in front of you). Similar problem with the glowing orange/yellow bullets on Shinmyoumaru's final when using Marisa A.

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 10:49:48 AM »
Bubbles and Metal Fatigue bullets in EoSD - former makes Scarlet Gensokyo Lunatic par with Virtue of Wind god regarding capture difficulty.

EoSD Patchouli's Fire Bullets without hitbox patch (I don't use it) - otherwise I could manage Agni Shine High Level and Lava Cromlech rather consistently.

Rice bullets in MoF - main reason I can't play Marisa properly in that game. (Plus MoF patterns tend to be extremely clippy in general)
My theory is that the OP-ness of those bullets is channeled through Kanako's Rice Gruel - a goddess's rice porridge is OP.

The spinning tiny black stars from MoF and SA - even worse than white pellets, because psychologically speaking, pointy things generally make people nervous.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:51:21 AM by Pakken11 »
Lunatic 1cc: 6, 7, 10, and 11 with All Shots; 8 with All Teams & Both Routes; 12, 13, 14
Extra Modes Clear (All Shots): 6 (0-3), 7, 8 (0-3), 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Other: 9.5 & 12.5 All Clear; Have tried 7.5, 9, 12.8, and a few fan games
Currently working on: Maybe I'll try IN solos or something
Score? Survival? Who cares - it's bullet-dodging catharsis, and I didn't even continue~!! *dances*

draganuv15

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 10:57:46 AM »
The 1:1 white bullets have a tendency to screw me over more than I'd like and IDK the ovals/beans used by Kogasa feel smaller than they actually look but at the same time I'll die to one without being close to one. Explain that, science!

I actually don't mind knives once you figure out their hitbox they aren't that big a deal. Kunai are a different matter fuck the kunai bullets I've ran into them more than I can count because their hitboxes feel slightly different to other bullets their size.

Tribow

• pichuun
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2015, 12:57:09 PM »
Curvy anything.

Anything that curves I have a problem with. I might get used to the trajectory, but I just never really get used to them.

I think I'm scared of playing UFO because of this.

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2015, 11:31:43 PM »
Knives and curvy lasers.
Sakuya, Benben and Raiko are a pain.
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015, 12:27:16 AM »
Curvy Lazers and anything that involves animal shaped bullets (I'm looking at you, TD)
Normal 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK
Hard 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
Lunatic 1CC's - PCB, IN, PoFV
Extra Clears - EoSD (+Ultra), PCB (+Phantasm), IN (+Ultra), PoFV, MoF, DDC
Youtube

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2015, 01:21:29 AM »
The bubbles really throw me off.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2015, 03:28:07 AM »
Curvy Lazers and anything that involves animal shaped bullets (I'm looking at you, TD)
and ISC
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear