Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 282295 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #840 on: March 26, 2018, 12:36:02 AM »
now I am on my 5 fencer run

it is so very bad please kill me

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #841 on: March 26, 2018, 01:55:55 PM »
Just started EOU2 postgame and was just informed that the Golem does that 50% heal thing in like every game its in or something WHOOPS. Also gee I sure wish binds worked and lasted for more than 0 seconds pls gaem.

Also it took a year plus but the Switch is finally out of the box and hooked up and I'm so excited Mario is a blast and the Octopath Traveler/Octopus Atelier/Octothorpe Snarkier/Octodad Terminator demo was great and it's just the start and stuff and ohboy.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #842 on: March 28, 2018, 06:12:38 AM »
Phew, that's one of the trouble trophies down (0.3% rarity!), and with only four days to go. Now for the hard part - getting at least Passes on any node I've bypassed; literally all of them demand I get first place finishes. I've had some good luck so far with finding people who are actually doing the good thing and fighting for their Passes. Them against someone who knows how to manipulate his craft to bounce between two adjacent Weapon Pads, it's not much, and sometimes I feel bad enough to go idle for a while, but they're too damn slow when I do. (First world problems, eh.)

EDIT: Oh. The servers went down a few hours ago. Barely grazed that bullet there, picked up the other MP trophy with basically none of my free time to spare.

Lydie and Suelle arrived for me yesterday, but I still haven't even gotten to Firis, much less gotten Plachta a body back. Then again, I wandered through Meruru without ever adventuring with either Totori or Rorona...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:25:11 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #843 on: April 02, 2018, 01:49:21 PM »
SMTII, for real this time. Most of the way through (I would think), having just beaten
Spoiler:
Abaddon
and committed pretty hard to the Chaos route. This feels extremely similar to the original MT2 in a lot of ways, particularly once
Spoiler:
Makai
starts up. Story-wise it feels pretty different to SMT1 which was generally very fast paced - this one's all about the slow build and gradual escalation. I still am not entirely sure where this is going. :V
Let's fight.

Pywackett-Barchetta

• Icelandic Elf Inspector
  • G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #844 on: April 02, 2018, 02:22:46 PM »
Anybody here have much experience with Xbox One controllers? Went to the Microsoft Store to maybe buy one and Forza 7; wouldn't you know, both were on display! However, pretty as Long Beach was, the trigger rumble just felt like... buzzing. Like it was trying to buffer my fingertips off. I couldn't get a feel for the road at all, either. That's a death knell for a racing title and wasn't my experience with FM6:Apex on my own home computer with an old 360 controller (the awful load times compared to my own copies of FM4 and FM6:A were baffling, too). So... like. Is that normal for those controllers? Did they have a faulty demo kiosk and just not realize it would make them negative amounts of money? Because I was gonna snap these up in a heartbeat if convention budget allowed, and it absolutely does allow, and now it doesn't seem too worth it compared to frantically trying to get my older 360 controllers connected again.

(No I'm not buying another wheel)

(Yet)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #845 on: April 03, 2018, 02:55:01 PM »
SMTII over, with the world
Spoiler:
inherited by the mutants and liberated from the rule of God
. Good stuff. On to SMT if!
Let's fight.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #846 on: April 07, 2018, 10:02:14 PM »
Well, Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth. Ameno-habakiri obtained. :getdown:
It was certainly interesting with Blade Master Masurao, Barrage Brawler Pugilist, Omnimancer Warlock, Flying Falcon Rover and Divine Herald Shaman.
Now i am thinking about doing NG+ with only map carried over and running a team of other 5 classes i haven't used i.e. Dragoon, Fencer, Harbinger, Necromancer and Botanist.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 06:58:30 AM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

« Reply #847 on: April 07, 2018, 10:23:30 PM »
Congratulations!  NG+ doesn't scale up enemies right, it just lets you carry over stuff?  I haven't gotten around to EO5 but I would be inclined to do the same in your position: not give myself any "meaningful" advantages in NG+ so I can basically play through from scratch with different party ideas.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 10:25:19 PM by dosboot »

theshirn

« Reply #848 on: April 11, 2018, 12:28:53 AM »
my 5 fencer run has reached the final boss

the best sword in the game, incidentally, is the petra flyssa

lucky petrify proc on crystal dragon, get dunked :V

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #849 on: April 15, 2018, 05:51:17 AM »
I got dragged into Warframe. God save my soul.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #850 on: April 16, 2018, 03:26:40 PM »
Ni No Kuni 2 is like crack, I'm addicted.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #851 on: April 26, 2018, 08:11:03 AM »
WILL: A Wonderful World is amazingly dark for the relatively light-hearted description the store page gives.

Gal*Gun 2 is (probably) arriving for me tomorrow, so I want to go full weeb and do a blind let's play if I don't end up getting distracted and play for five hours in one session.

Or get distracted by the elemental Irisviels that have just shown up in Fuyuki.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Pywackett-Barchetta

• G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #852 on: April 26, 2018, 03:37:26 PM »
Was given a friend's copy of Mafia III, so I decided to go back and give Mafia II another go; I'd gotten stuck on chapter 14 out of 15, so it might as well be worth retrying now that I know what I'm doing, right? And while the open world isn't really much of one (hardly any side activities and the ones that are there don't matter until very, very late in the game), a whole lot feels unfinished (you can't ride in taxis, combat outright sucks until they introduce countering halfway through the game, there's only one bridge to really let the faster cars loose on), and it's not usually my cup of tea, I gotta say, it's pretty solid. If you have a copy laying around, I'd say it's worth a go despite occasional frustration; seeing the game world slowly evolve over the years is absolutely excellent, the way the whole plot situation falls apart is impressive, and the ending... well, I said "that's it?" at first, but realized it was pretty perfect a few seconds later. All in all, worth a play if you want a decent third-person shooter.

I love games in historic settings. I love the idea of getting a feel for an era I was never part of. While Empire Bay isn't quite NYC, you get a sense of the global politics and nationwide tone pretty well. The music and cars tend to represent the era rather than the exact year, so there's some exaggeration and some anachronisms. As there should be. I absolutely love that kind of thing; drivers racing in series they haven't debuted in yet, landmarks that would've been torn down by then, little changes to make a place more iconically what it is now than necessarily what it really was. I loved L.A. Noire for a few choice rule-of-cool moments especially. I think we finally found my immersion-breaking limit, though.

It's "Ain't That A Kick In The Head" playing on the radio in 1951. Come on.

Anyways, as intriguing as Mafia III's demo was, turns out the game doesn't run great on a PC. Not just my PC, but PCs in general. The lower-tier visual settings don't sacrifice quality, which is very bad because it defeats the point of them.

I primarily enjoyed Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus for its plot, and kind of ignored the epilogue stuff after my first playthrough. Trying it after my second, though, it's a very nice gameplay loop of collecting and fighting and exploring. It's like a whole extra game. It's become my go-to for quick sessions or late-night play.

Still hopping between Forza Motorsport 4, Forza Horizon 3, GRID Autosport, and NASCAR Heat 2 for racing games, mainly, though sinking more time into Midnight Club: Los Angeles. I'm sure the difficulty scared people away back in the day, but it's really smoothed out now and I highly recommend it if you want classic 90's madcap silliness that isn't actively trying to be wacky, but also doesn't stop you from hitting the nitrous and launching yourself sky-high off a ramp and over the Santa Monica boardwalk. It's a very believable world, complete with Winchell's and lowriders and every AI being a named, voiced driver with their own trash talk. It genuinely reminds me a lot of Anaheim. Which considering that's as close as I've gotten to LA besides airports and freeways, I feel bodes very well. The freeways are mercifully less clogged, anyways, and even when they are, you get to use a power (not a power-up like an item pickup, something you can install onto your car) to make your car (or motorcycle!) invincible and punt traffic around like toys, which is MASSIVELY satisfying. There's also a Hot Wheels-y harmlessness to it; like Midtown Madness and unlike early Midnight Club, you can drive on the sidewalk at 200mph and barely ruffle anyone's hair as they conveniently dive out of the way action-movie-style, and you can smash shortcuts through malls or baseball fields or whatever seems remotely breakable and conveniently leap back out onto the road after.

It lives up to the name, because it pretty much is exactly the same giddy 90's racing game glee except with a modern setting and modern quality. (Well, modern for 2008.) Much like how Wolfenstein is classic 90's shooter stuff with modern quality. I think that's my jam lately. That sensation of what was good about then not being over.

Oh, and I did end up buying an Xbox One controller for my PC. Works quite nicely! Took some getting used to lightness-wise, though, especially with the triggers. Weirds me out that the trigger rumble is actually kind of at its worst with Forza, a first-party product. It was bad enough to turn me off of FM7 completely, but is at least more subtle on FH3. And glancing at old stuff, I'll note that DiRT 4 wore thin on me extremely quickly and I wouldn't recommend it, and the two Barn Find cars I missed in FH3 ended up coming back around on the rotation. For now, I'm gonna keep messing with these until I can figure out a good way to set up my diecasts again. Good to just kick back and enjoy the view.

« Reply #853 on: April 27, 2018, 03:07:27 AM »
Bought myself a PS4 along with Ys VIII, Super Robot Wars V, and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. The questionable quality of the former's PC port and recent paychecks pushed me toward getting it and I have to say they're all excellent. With a decent TV and 5.1 sound system it's a significant difference from the desktop gaming I subjected myself to for the last 7 or so years.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #854 on: April 27, 2018, 10:48:48 PM »
Disgaea 3 Return. I'm enjoying this a lot more than I expected to so far, given what I heard from some reviews and things. :V Halfway through the main game currently, so we'll, uh, see if I get anywhere with the postgame this time.
Let's fight.

CF7

« Reply #855 on: April 28, 2018, 07:25:54 AM »
So, 7th Dragon VFD.
Spoiler:
True Dragon Hypnos
That's some pretty bullshit material.
Has lots and lots of HP.
Acts twice per turn (that's normal for bosses in this game, but still)
Normal attacks hit for 30-50% of HP of my party members (after buffs).
Spams aoe Paralysis/Confuse, while you only have 2 accessory slots and accessories has only 50% chance to negate ailment.
Single damage strong attack can pretty much one shot my healer (also it seems attack has a small chance to instakill).
Heals itself and then uses "guard or die" attack on the next turn. Said attack inflicts mass silence/bleed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 03:00:55 PM by CF7 »

« Reply #856 on: April 28, 2018, 02:21:19 PM »
Got back to Cities: Skylines and started a new one to take advantage of the newest DLC, city is currently at a stable 44k population although I kinda need to figure out what direction I want to expand in

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #857 on: April 29, 2018, 04:34:44 PM »
Started playing Gunvolt again, the first game, and got a pretty high score that I'm happy about on the fire stage, 2.9mil. I'm planning on trying to get a rubbish recording setup for my 3ds later to record a run.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Reddyne

« Reply #858 on: May 02, 2018, 12:54:57 PM »
Finishing up Super Mario Odyssey with some 600+ moons at the moment and some tail-end post-game content to go. This is the most fun I've had in a Mario game since 64. Like seriously the platforming is pretty spot on.

my 5 fencer run has reached the final boss

the best sword in the game, incidentally, is the petra flyssa

lucky petrify proc on crystal dragon, get dunked :V

GEE THANKS I'm not totally going to steal that tidbit for cheese later on.

Despite a couple lazy slip ups I'm rolling through the game and just hit the 3rd stratum. Everyone's armed to the teeth, I've got a ton of spare cash, and the legendary title stuff means the party is loaded for bear. I blitzed through the 2nd stratum boss practically by accident. I'm sure this'll come to a halt eventually. I mean, I quit EOU2 because the dragons are there to filter out anyone playing the post-game out of curiosity instead of determination to beat every inch of it.

All the super cool Switch stuff is a little ways off so I think I'm mostly playing Shovel Knight next. I got Thimbleweed Park too but games like this really test my patience at times. I picked up Nier: Automata on sale too and that's good so I've heard maybe??

theshirn

« Reply #859 on: May 02, 2018, 10:22:45 PM »
help my 5 rovers are also up to the final boss

also 5 rovers is insanely strong, goddamn

« Reply #860 on: May 17, 2018, 11:43:36 PM »
Picked up Strange Journey Redux on Tuesday, playing on Expert fully aware of the horrors that await me

CF7

« Reply #861 on: May 19, 2018, 05:49:42 PM »
Picked up Strange Journey Redux on Tuesday, playing on Expert fully aware of the horrors that await me
Good luck. There's nothing but misery and death out there.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #862 on: May 30, 2018, 02:29:11 PM »

So, I completed FFXV at level 101 in just around 60 hours. With 0 deaths no less, because I'm just THAT good. Heck, the few times I died is because of vehicular related incident like crashing my hybrid car/plane, or dropping my Monster Truck from a cliff. Even after I completed it, there's still stuff to do in-game like many bonus dungeons to explore, superbosses to fight, postgame sidequests, and many more.

Still, I think FFXV is best played as a slice-of-life starring 4 handsome dudes. It's relaxing to just spend your playtime driving around to continent, fishing in a lake, just sight seeing on Altissia, a beautiful city on the sea, playing gambling with monster, and looking at gorgeous dinner made by Ignis after a tiresome day in the camp.

[nsfw]https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/youreveryneet/76738738/3046084/3046084_900.jpg[/nsfw]

[nsfw]https://ic.pics.livejournal.com/youreveryneet/76738738/3045259/3045259_900.jpg[/nsfw]

Also, I went into the final boss battle wearing a Chocobo T-shirt and hat when you're supposed to wear a Royal Kickass Suit befitting for a king. Just because. I was busy laughing myself silly when I'm supposed to take the scene very seriously.

NSFW, because it's my subtitute for spoilering images.

Pywackett-Barchetta

• G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #863 on: May 30, 2018, 05:02:20 PM »
Also, I went into the final boss battle wearing a Chocobo T-shirt and hat when you're supposed to wear a Royal Kickass Suit befitting for a king. Just because. I was busy laughing myself silly when I'm supposed to take the scene very seriously.

Now THAT is some serious style.

On my end, I've had a bit of a break from racing games to mess about in... Crush Crush, which was recommended to me in the last Steam sale as something I had in my library but never played. This is true; I downloaded it for one cameo character but never booted it. A free-to-play idle-clicker dating sim sounds like a lot of words for things I don't like. But the game's actually funny and moves along pretty quickly! I'm actually liking the characters and constantly snickering at the dialogue (especially of one particular character that tilts things abruptly, awfully grim). Plus, due to Steam's regulations and stuff, the game's explicit content is sold elsewhere for $7 USD... which means I get to keep playing for free and not have to worry about it. All the better for me!

On a side note, with Danica Patrick having retired from motorsports and with Team Sonic Racing on the way, I'd highly recommend picking up Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed in case it gets pulled for licensing issues. The PC version especially has a good number of guest characters not owned by SEGA. I've been playing it a good deal again due to Danica's retirement (and just still liking the game), and I also picked up the Danicar that the in-game car is based off of... or, well, first the Danicar was made as a Hot Wheels car, then it was adapted to the in-game car, then the Hot Wheels car was re-released with a paint scheme themed after the game one. I was giddy to obtain it and it didn't take long to notice it's pretty starkly different.

Still pretty frickin' cool, though.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #864 on: May 31, 2018, 05:41:13 AM »
Crush Crush moves pretty quick at first, but as with nearly all idle games I've encountered, it slows down massively later on. God, the waiting to get funds for the magic shit, never mind Karma and Sutra....

Then again, it's been quite a while since I've last played. Maybe it's gotten better?

So I've been playing Thumper. God, this game messes with my head.

Move eternally forward,

Reddyne

« Reply #865 on: May 31, 2018, 03:09:47 PM »
It's Four Job Fiesta sign up time! Get your weapons ready!

CF7

« Reply #866 on: June 01, 2018, 07:11:11 AM »
I am replaying Metroid: Samus Returns on Hard. Currently near the end of Area 5. And just now after fighting numerous Zeta Metroids i finally realised a thing.
Spoiler:
That glowing red spot on its back during bouncing energy orbs attack looks suspiciously like a grapple point.
Whoop dee doo.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #867 on: June 01, 2018, 06:32:58 PM »
I am replaying Metroid: Samus Returns on Hard. Currently near the end of Area 5. And just now after fighting numerous Zeta Metroids i finally realised a thing.
Spoiler:
That glowing red spot on its back during bouncing energy orbs attack looks suspiciously like a grapple point.
Whoop dee doo.
The game is many things, but subtle is not one of them.

Spoiler:
Don't talk to me about how long it took me to realize what I was supposed to do for the mining robot thingie's first phase.  I'm still kicking myself for that one.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Pywackett-Barchetta

• G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #868 on: June 03, 2018, 01:00:18 AM »
Crush Crush moves pretty quick at first, but as with nearly all idle games I've encountered, it slows down massively later on.

Sweet babies, you were not kidding

It is utterly bizarre to me to boot a game, look at my options, and have to come to the conclusion of "okay, I guess I can do stuff here tomorrow"

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #869 on: June 05, 2018, 08:16:10 AM »
Because I don't want to bring up an ancient thread:

Overwatch 2nd Anniversary is going on now; among the new stuff is Competitive FFA Deathmatch.

There's so much salt (or rather Bastion, Reaper, and Brigitte) my internet actively hates me doing it. Eked out Silver, which honestly stunned me since I had so many deaths to actual Bronze players.

EDIT: What. Symmetra is getting another rework. Three launchable turrets instead of six deployable, teleporter is now an ability, her barrier skills are now folded into a 5k health barrier with massive size, beam no longer tracks and recharges on barriers, sphere explodes on impact....

...Anyway, picked up Xenoblade Chronicles. (Insert tired meme here.) At some point, I'm going to get a Switch, so I'm interested in picking up Blade Waifu Simulator, just for the accents (and T-elos; can't forget her); but I found this at a relatively decent price while I was picking up the Code: Realize duology.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 02:06:50 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,