Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 282777 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #630 on: December 29, 2016, 07:29:28 AM »
Welp, that's Criminal Girls 2 Platinumed. Let's be honest for a moment here, having you fight the final boss eight damn times, followed by the postgame final boss another eight damn times is really irritating, especially since there's a major luck factor in for the postgame boss - if the Greeder has a chance to bestow the +2 ATK/MAG buff before you can destroy it or give a -2 SPD debuff to the enemy team, you're fucked, no question. You do get XP and CM for every time you win, so there's some incentive to go, but jeez.

Unrelated, NEKO WORKs is turning Nekopara into an OVA. Some crazy person has already filled in the 10k reward slot. It hasn't even been seven hours yet from this post, and it's fully funded.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #631 on: January 03, 2017, 06:41:15 AM »
I just finished Albino Lullaby in one sitting after picking it up cheap in the last Steam sale. I fuuuucking haaaated it. I'm not going to go into great depth as to why it bothered me so much right now because I stayed up super late playing it, but basically it's not very polished and uses every annoying, time-wasting mechanic it possibly could have to make itself less fun for no reason. The art style is cool (although it kind of looks like ass on anything but very high-end computers), the monsters are interesting, but I would not recommend the game in a million years. This is one of those rare cases where there is absolutely no reason to play it instead of watching a Let's Play in my opinion.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #632 on: January 05, 2017, 10:07:13 PM »
Well; that was an amusing experiment.

Blizzard added a new bonus effect to an item in Diablo 3; the Manald Heal. If you take a passive skill which can proc on a Lightling attack; you will deal 13,000 ~ 14,000 % bonus weapon damage as Lightling to the target you procced on.

Obviously; 13k%~14k% spikes of damage are pretty large.

So I did the completely logical thing and decided to combine this new item with the Firebird set; which; as you can probobly guess; works with Fire skills. Specifically; for every enemy you hit with 3 different fire skills in quick succession; you get a 3% DR buff and 120% damage buff. This... isn't restricted to Fire skills. Or even your skills. It's just a damage buff. And if you apply the 3 stacks to an Elite... you instantly get maximum buff stacks. 20. So 2,400% damage boost.

Which turns the Manald Heal procs into 13,500 * 24 = 324,000% damage spikes.

Which basically turns you into a glass cannon hunting down and nukeing Elites. Ironically despite the fact this build is oneshotting Rift Guardians it's so glass cannon and so useless against anything that isn't an Elite that it's actually performing worse than my old build.

At least; perhaps until I find a specific wand which lets me teleportspam and thus avoid fights and hunt down the Elite packs...

The gameplay is literally: Teleport around; pray you don't run into a pack of normal mobs; dump fire spells on Elites quickly and zap them so they explode instantly. It's **working** in Torment 7~8 and clearing fast there... but my normal build can clear T10~11 right now. In T9 this build just gets instajibbed if it teleports into a bad spot because Teleport is still cooldown-based, and it could legitimately also be a case that I blow up before I dump my fire spells.

Probobly a good/fun build for speedfarming bounties and such which are often or involve 'Kill this Elite'. Pushing GR's? Not so much.

I'm a blithering crazy fool who's first idea with a Lightling based item is 'LET'S COMBINE IT WITH A FIRE SET'. Although to be fair; there is not set which explicitly focuses on Lightning.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:14:14 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #633 on: January 07, 2017, 09:42:19 AM »
So, i am playing Criminal Girls 2.
Some thoughts.
Evil Play wasn't a bullshit boss. Not all. And the boss after her was a pinnacle of fairness.
It's kind of funny, that the most efficient way to explore dungeons is to NICE BOAT everything.
Final Boss x8 is pure torture and that was an experience i wouldn't want to repeat any time soon.
Made it to the True Final Dungeon and it's actually fun. Everything still dies to The Boat and the skill is the most beautiful thing ever.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #634 on: January 08, 2017, 07:10:23 AM »
As I've said, be prepared to eat another 8x true final boss if you want the Plat. Surprisingly, its moveset doesn't change very much - the only thing is swapping out Scar Whip with a stronger attack that hits fewer times (but still random) and a weak revival skill it will use pretty rarely for its more threatening adds. Oh, and you get no warning when Jealousy is incoming now. Good luck.

Evil Play was a bitch, but the only really hard part is getting around her +2 to all buff. I believe her appearance in Bloody Hell has her vulnerable to Poison...

That sandworm though. Unblockable Poison and Speed Down (well, yes, you can block the damage, but not the ailments) on its charge attack which it spams relentlessly? Ugh.

The best part about NICE BOAT is that you can almost guarantee its appearance, since Revival Brew S only heals 30 health. Oh, just killed her? Eat a NICE BOAT from her in exchange. Dropped her to single digits? ATK Boost X, eat max power NICE BOAT.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 07:13:12 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #635 on: January 08, 2017, 04:59:08 PM »
Got reminded why I stopped playing XCom 2.

Long-range overwatch shot from a Stun Lancer? Yeah. I'll dodge past that and shoot the other Stun Lancer who I can flank and kill. Stun Lancers have bad aim.

*Overwatch shot misses*

Just as... wait; why are you panicing?

Why are you grabbing a grenade?

*Blows up his own squadmate and kills him*

Yeah. THAT'S why I stopped playing XCom2. Pure BS like that. At least this time it wasn't a dude throwing a nade up a building killing half my squad and a VIP through fall damage. *Crazed laughter*

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #636 on: January 09, 2017, 07:54:44 PM »
Maybe one of these days I'll actually be into Trails in the Sky's battle system as much as its characters, but it hasn't come yet.

Anyway, trading in my Bracer guild badge for the PC release of Tales of Symphonia and Far Cry 4. Have started up Pokemon Moon and am well into Final Fantasy 9.

Got reminded why I stopped playing XCom 2.

Long-range overwatch shot from a Stun Lancer? Yeah. I'll dodge past that and shoot the other Stun Lancer who I can flank and kill. Stun Lancers have bad aim.

*Overwatch shot misses*

Just as... wait; why are you panicing?

Why are you grabbing a grenade?

*Blows up his own squadmate and kills him*

Yeah. THAT'S why I stopped playing XCom2. Pure BS like that. At least this time it wasn't a dude throwing a nade up a building killing half my squad and a VIP through fall damage. *Crazed laughter*
I had to learn to play XCOM like XCOM and not like Fire Emblem. Losses are okay and so are mission failures. Also, only very low level soldiers will ever pull this crap.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #637 on: January 10, 2017, 11:30:43 PM »
Why are these multi-button presses in Future Tone so hard for me? I guess I'm too used to the console style, where the only multi-presses are those on the same position (e.g. left+square).

Also a bit salty that they use the original/Arcade version of the PV when they can, even if it was one that got a rework in F 2nd, like Melt or Magnet.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:41:11 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #638 on: January 12, 2017, 06:22:35 AM »
I'm just saddened by all the salt on the PC port of Criminal Girls. NISA has said from the start that it'll be the censored version from when they released the Vita version, and various people have talked at length at why NISA's not going to be doing uncensoring for the PC version.

Yes, we get it; you don't like censorship in any form. You've brought it up many, many times since the Vita release. It's a thing, I understand. You could simply just mention it to prospective buyers, and then simply... don't buy it.

Anyway, bought it, and it feels like they used the JP CG: Invitation a bit more. At least, I don't remember the Engrish being that bad during the level introductions. Also already missing the touchscreens.

I'm tempted to go back on the Overwatch because Oasis map, but my body is not ready yet.

Back on playing Totori Plus, since aside from Sophie, that's the only Atelier game I've played, but not actually completed. I've finished up Fat Princess: Piece of Cake anyway, needed something to take my mind off of endless attempts to get a 5-gem, and potential 5-gems being ended because another gem crashed on top of the pile.

EDIT: Plugh just realized I double posted.

Move eternally forward,

CF7

« Reply #639 on: January 12, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »
Well. Criminal Girls 2 platinumed. I was kinda not in the mood doing the final boss 8 times fairly and after a bit of preparation i.e. Mizuki at 1 hp at the battle's start and stocking on some Group Remedies and Secret Rewards (mainly to activate Tsukasa -2 to every status) it was relatively simple. Harem in Hell. Hurray.

Pywackett-Barchetta

• Icelandic Elf Inspector
  • G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #640 on: January 12, 2017, 05:22:01 PM »
Finally hit XXV-100 in Payday 2. And considering that I play the game solo, there's a distinct feeling after hitting level cap and going through Infamy (think CoD's prestige) the maximum number of times of "okay. Now what." I never thought I'd hit a point where I just... don't really have an excuse to play it. Still plenty of achievement runs and such, at least...

Gran Turismo 6 continues to massively impress. Made it to the Super class and now going back through the previous ranks with new cars and finishing up events I hadn't done. There's a weird feeling it gives me, with its mix of incredible cars and both fictional and real courses, that I think sums up my issue with racing games nowadays; there's constantly a feeling in too many of these titles where you can't help but notice what isn't there. When they get 3/4 of a real schedule, the omissions become painfully evident. When they get just a small sampling of a discipline, it makes you really want more. But GT6 actually manages a balance of original content where I'm never actually disappointed that something's absent. Nothing feels absent. It reminds me of that sort of vast, endless possibility I felt as a kid with a Hot Wheels city set up in the attic. Having Sega-style courses with beautiful forest tunnels and sweeping mountain ranges greatly helps, too, to the point of making a few of the real-life circuits stand out as seeming dull in comparison. (The N?rburgring remains absolutely gorgeous and ridiculously intimidating, though.)

That being said, I'm still getting really, really sick of Brands Hatch and Silverstone being in every racing game of any degree of realism that I play. The holding company is eager to license them, the UK devs love representing their home turf, and the non-European devs have to have something to cater to the UK audience, so they always end up showing up. (I do quite like Brands Hatch in F1 2013, though, for some reason; likely being the older layout from the 1980's so it's not the exact same course I always see.) I imagine there's similarly someone in the UK complaining about Indianapolis always showing up...

I also gave Need for Speed: ProStreet a try the other day. The sudden shift to on-track racing after the massive success of NFS Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted, and Carbon was, I thought, the biggest contributing factor to its market failure. It was a pretty big shift in tone, but it includes an impressive assortment of circuits, including Texas World Speedway, which doesn't even exist now. And the DLC is still up a decade later, so props to them on that! However, it turns out people didn't like it because it was bad. It handles poorly, runs poorly, makes all the tracks (no matter how iconic and distinctive in reality) generic and unrecognizable, and adds a bunch of gimmicky garbage that doesn't work. So that's a shame.

Oh, right, and I tried Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, as well. I don't think I've ever sworn at and shouted at a game so much and still kept playing it that long anyways, at least not in a few years. Did eventually give up at the final boss fight, though. I'd like my controller to remain intact.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2017, 02:19:20 AM »
I bought a game called The Legend of Dark Witch, thinking it's going to be good. After playing it for a while, I ended up not having a good opinion about it.

One day, the Syega (magic crystal used for magic) got stolen. It's up to Zizou Olympia, the titular dark witch to find the culprit by beating up 6 potential suspects. Yeah, classic Megaman bareboned plot.

The game is combination of Classic Megaman and Gradius power-up system. Like Megaman, you run and gun through the level and fight the boss, beating the boss will get you their weapon. Bosses are weak against a certain weapon. The game includes Gradius esque powerup. Every enemies you kill give you Tres (basically money & EXP as one) that fills your Enforcement Slot and gives you money. Once your EXP fill up a certain slot, you can activate a certain Enforcenent to make yourself stronger. The slots are Speed, Wing (glide), Line, Comet (both attack option, though those two don't differ much), and Power. You can use Tres to permanently upgrade your stats or upgrade weapons obtained from bosses. That the basic of it. Now let's talk the other aspect of the game... And how it frustrated me.

Unlike Megaman, your HP does not represented by a health bar, instead, you got 4 hearts as your HP. 4 hits and you're toasts. Better yet, in normal difficulty or above, there is no health restoration. Go clear a stage and its boss without taking more than 4 hits, ya? There is a max health upgrade, but it's easily THE most expensive thing the upgrade by far. The zero upgrade achievement should go screw a donkey.

The game heavily punishes you for taking damage. Taking even a single damage reduces your EXP by 25% - 100% depending on difficulty. Dying deletes all your Enforcement, nuisance in stage, incredibly fatal in boss fights.

Each stage has its own enemy pool. While the enemies are various, the problem is that very few of them poses a threat. Some of them dies in one hit, and I can kill them with ease the moment they entered the screen. Even if there's a tough enemies, I can mash the attack button to kill them fast. The only time they managed to hit me is that if they have advantageous position, took me by surprise, or if I'm clumsy.
Though there is one awesome enemy.

Japan Everybody.

The camera is pretty crap. It gives you good view of what in front of you and above you. What it doesn't give you give you viewing what's behind you (read: Respawned enemies who are more than eager to backstab you) and below you (Bottomless pits). The camera also waits a view seconds before moving if you're facing the other direction. There's a section in a stage that have zig-zagging pattern.

The bosses are... meh. The bosses have regular health bar while you're stuck with just 4 hearts. I actually counted how many their attacks pattern are. Answer: 4. The final boss has 1. They make up for it by making their requires broad memorization, positioning, and agility to dodge, by agility, I mean putting at least one level on your speed. Dodging with your default slow-ass speed is almost impossible. If you are really good, you can parry any attack by tapping the movement just as the attack is going to hit you. I'm not good at fighting game, and I prefer to jump my way out of trouble. Like Megaman, the final stage has you fighting all 6 bosses before you can fight the final boss. Riddle me this: How the heck am I gonna fight 6 bosses with just 3 lives and 4 hearts? You hit them with their weakness. Hitting the bosses with their weakness will knock them and cancel their attacks. Their invincibility will be gone the moment they're recovered...

The sub weapons are also nothing to write about. Most of the are gimmicky and too situational to use. Besides, they draw their energy from the Enforcement Slot. It's much better to upgrade your basic shot instead. Dia Missile locks on to enemies and sends 4 missile to converge at their direction. It's range is pretty short, but the missiles itself is pretty good. Ice Divide shoots a veeeery slow ice ball that can be spread to... wherever the hell it wants. I rarely hits anything with it. Ground Impact sends a bullet from the ground straight up. There's rarely any enemies that well above my range. Bound Ring shoots a bouncing ring diagonally upward. Basic Shot LV2 can shoot diagonally upward. Circlecron summons 2 rotating bullet around you that can be shot forward slooowly. The boss its weak to is melee-oriented, so its okay I guess. Upper Tornado plants a small tornado on your feet. Damaging the boss with it requires you to get extremely close to her.

Go straight down Goddamit!!!

Once you finished the game, you get a second character to play as, Riva. She handle a little differently from Zizou. Her Enforcement Slot are Speed, Dash, Cobalt Fire, Sword Rain, and Extra. Almost all of them are... unique. Since there's no dedication button for dashing, you instead dash by double tapping a direction, which is likely to accidentally do. Unlike Megaman X, her dash is uncontrollably fast, and dash jumping will send her flying through the stage lightning. Speedrunner could use this to quickly traverse the stage, but more often than not, it will send flying to nearest hazard or bottomless pit. Unlike Zizou, Riva's attack (Cobalt Fire) doesn't reach full screen. Sure it deals 2x damage and can be charged, but having a range of just a few feet means I have to get close and personal against enemies and bosses now. Sword Rain drop sword around her, the range is awkward and it can get stuck on high platform and low ceiling. Extra lets you fire off charged attacks without the needs to charge it for a while. Let's just say it's overkill for normal enemies and useless against bosses. I'm not playing as her.

There's some things I like about that game. The music is pretty nice. It's so nice it's sold as separate DLC that's twice as expensive as the game itself (it's also redundant since the game comes with built-in music player). The art style instantly makes me bought it. Riva has her storyline and different final boss*cough*Castlevania can't do that *cough*.

As much as the game frustrated me, I can't say it's bad. I'd rate it average -good.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:05:57 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #642 on: January 17, 2017, 02:14:52 AM »
New Dangan Ronpa V3. Most of the way through. Enjoying it a lot so far, although naturally the last couple of cases will determine whether I like it as much as 2. I think the most interesting new thing is the
Spoiler:
lying
mechanic and the slightly different flavour it brings to a lot of the story. It's not something you have to use often, but it's a really cool way of mixing up the flow of debates.

Will report back when done, probably near the end of the week. The cases are long. :V
Let's fight.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #643 on: January 20, 2017, 12:25:12 AM »
Legend of Dark Witch was actually made by a circle who started out doing touhou fangames, those games were called the Ma Danzan Cronica as I vaguely recall.
If you thought that game was punishing, you haven't seen anything yet. they are closer to MMZ than Classic Megaman though. which is to say, no special weapons, but you get a Z-Saber equivalent and special moves to make up for it.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #644 on: January 20, 2017, 06:30:01 AM »
Oh boy, Caster is still the meta gal. "You might know [Lu Bu] as the 'Tamamo Killer,' since he can kill me in one hit even if I Guard."

Also, Gravity Rush 2 just had early release.

Move eternally forward,

Pywackett-Barchetta

• G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #645 on: January 20, 2017, 07:52:19 PM »
Alongside Gran Turismo 6, on Christmas, I was also given Forza Motorsport 4! A brand new, fresh copy. I already knew the DLC was all gone, the online servers shuttered, and support for the product entirely stopped, but I'd only played Forza Horizon before and never any of the core Motorsport titles, so I was very excited to give this a go. Better yet, it has the 2004 Monte Carlo Stock Car, which is Chevy's exact entry in the NASCAR Cup Series years ago, and both Sedona Raceway Park and Sunset Peninsula Raceway are original courses parodying known NASCAR circuits, so it covers that front decently well for me!

However, the actual gameplay is... lackluster? I dunno. It's decent. But it's not really anything more than decent. It tries too hard to be flashy and the actual racing suffers. If I were to compare them, I'd say Forza and Gran Turismo aren't really direct competitors and do cater to different markets. Forza pulls off flashiness and silliness and being a big budget game for people that just want to pick up a game with cars and aren't too fussed with what one they pick as long as it has a lot of content. Gran Turismo is painfully dated in graphics and audio (not helped much by outright porting much of it from the PS2 games) and is more a hybrid of RPG and racing game, but the driving physics are totally solid. A friend of mine said it sounded like GT was for car enthusiasts, by car enthusiasts, and the more I think about it, the more that's exactly right. It's a wonderful thrill to collect all sorts of historic racecars and obscure production vehicles and learn about these cars and drivers in lengthy bios, but if you aren't too interested in that in the first place, I can see where it wouldn't hold one's attention much.

In short, really not impressed by Forza, but I think that's just because I play too many games like this. It seems like it just coasts on Microsoft budget and branding and doesn't actually do much of note. (That being said, the first Forza Horizon is still a fantastic game, and the FH2 Fast and Furious spinoff was ridiculous fun.)

So the other day, I was looking for something peaceful and cute to play to relax. After searching for a few hours, I gave up and booted up Sleeping Dogs again, but I'm glad I did. It's more dated now than I expected, but touring around Hong Kong is still excellent fun; the worldbuilding in every little radio ad, storefront and street vendor makes it one of the more wonderful locations I've had the pleasure of visiting and revisiting in a video game. I love the little moments of characterization in the story, the brutality of triad warfare all the more heart-wrenching as it affects people you actually care about, and the comedy of the surreal spinoff additions turning the hardboiled drama into a cheesy kung fu flick or a supernatural demon rising. (The latter's actually where I first came across jiang-shi, too.) And when all that story is over, you can still cruise the streets, sing karaoke, buy furniture, and throw gangsters off of bridges into oncoming traffic. Fun times.

I also attempted to get back into Lego Marvel's Avengers, and I think the reason I much prefer Lego Marvel Super Heroes still (besides that game's inclusion of just about everything Marvel piled into one gorgeous and fun open world) is, well... the tone of the Avengers films, which I'm not too fond of anyways, really doesn't work with Lego. That happy-go-lucky silliness in these cute little towns and cities of people going about their day? Really does not combine well at all with screaming civilians banging on the windows of burning trains, major real-world cities recreated burning to the ground, and a young hero being brainwashed into an engineered killing machine. It gives me the same vibe as the films; it's so constantly, oppressively bleak that it's borderline unlikable. And that's a shame, because it fine-tunes a lot of gameplay stuff that didn't work well in Super Heroes. No matter what, though, it's still really fun to genuinely be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound as Hulk and others, and crash through traffic as Fin Fang Foom. It's just a lot of padding to get there, so the former game still impresses more.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #646 on: January 20, 2017, 08:21:57 PM »
Dangan Ronpa V3 finished. I don't think I've seen such a mindscrew since MGS2.  :colonveeplusalpha:

Overall I think it was probably on a similar level to DR2. I felt the mystery cases were perhaps a little easier than in 2 (although maybe I just got better at figuring things out which is entirely possible), but the cast of characters was really good, with a bunch in particular really well developed, and arguably a new contender for most interesting character in the series (though I won't spoil who that is, naturally). There are also lots of entirely new significant tricks/gimmicks which make certain cases rather different to anything else before in the series.

I guess now I need to go through again and find the
Spoiler:
ura routes
. :V

EDIT: I've been thinking about the game for the last few days and I'm starting to think it's actually better than DR2. Thing is, though, it's not going to be for everyone in the same way that DR2 was. Anyone could play DR2 and agree that it was better in just about every way compared to DR1, but DRV3 has some stuff that will divide people heavily on whether they love it or hate it. I can totally understand why people would hate the divisive stuff, but the more I think about it the more I'm coming to the conclusion that this is a twisted work of genius.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:42:35 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #647 on: January 20, 2017, 11:16:31 PM »
Playing Pokemon Stadium with rental Pokemon only. They suck. Their stats suck and their movesets suck. It's a miracle if even two out of four moves are useful for anything. Can't even count how many battles I lost because of perfectly timed Thunder/Fire Blast/Sky Attack misses. Missing several Thunders in a row is especially fun.
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

« Reply #648 on: January 22, 2017, 05:34:21 PM »
Currently playing Fate/Extella. I'm having fun with it: it's a simple, dumb Dynasty Warriors type game with neato husbandos and waifus, complete with a convoluted story by Nasu.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #649 on: January 24, 2017, 08:45:56 AM »
Once you get over the initial entry barrier to Neverland, it's frankly depressingly easy. As long as you can get your Scratch Damage dealer up to whatever level gives them Full Scratch Rate 100% and Stun Rate 100%, you can stunlock single enemies brutally. Even the final bosses at the end are extremely vulnerable to getting stunlocked by that and the Direct Damage Gauge Break, and at that point, you probably have some of the Golden Guns already and are dealing significantly more damage than in the first zone.

The only real difficult sections aside from the initial grind just to survive are the areas that have mob zones (e.g. the park with the boatload of Neverland staff) and the occasional Blob monster that regenerates Scratch Damage to its parts to such a degree that the absolute first frame you can hit them with a Direct Damage attack won't be enough to break the part... and probably about five attacks after that.

Move eternally forward,

CF7

« Reply #650 on: January 24, 2017, 04:54:43 PM »
Playing Exist Archive. Made by tri-Ace. So, it's kinda like Valkyrie Profile, i.e. you run around 2d jump, freeze enemies and a bit later in the game can use frozen enemies as sort of cannons that shoot you in the direction of your choice.
Combat is more or less standard VP as well, you have up to 4 characters in your active party and when you press a button corresponding to that character they use one of their 3 attacks.
There's an attack phase when you attack enemies, and defense phase when enemies attack your doods and you can use defend command, that lets you reduce damage taken.
There are 12 playable characters and while i like some of them more than the others, the game game often decides to be an asshole and packs level's random encounters with magic resistant spiky bombs. And you are forced to use characters, who are good against those abominations, but suck at pretty much everything else.
You can freeze/run past enemies in the level of course, but then you won't be able to get that rare loot from the boss, since there exists a system, when you hit enemy in the air, they drop risk orbs. These increase drop rate, but at the same time when you are hit with attack you didn't guard against, there's a chance that your risk combo will break. Each risk orbs equals 1%. So at 100 risk you have really great drop rate, but any unguarded attack will break your combo.
Overall it's fun, but the repetitiveness of the gameplay and aforementioned bombs make it that i can't play it  for more than a couple hours.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #651 on: January 24, 2017, 05:40:56 PM »
I've found that Gunners perform admirably at taking out those bombs. Taskmasters are decent at it too. You just have to avoid equipping attacks that have the user get close in. Those two classes are also excellent at hitting many enemies at once, which lets you get your specials off.

Also, at high Risk, it doesn't even matter if you guard. Any clean hit can break.

Move eternally forward,

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #652 on: January 30, 2017, 05:03:26 AM »
Teleporting before a hit lands, unblockable attacks a la Lingering Will's constant charge, and Xbox HEUG health.

Who thought this was a good bonus boss, again?

Move eternally forward,

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #653 on: January 31, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »
Have been playing Lost Saga through the three companies it's been through. Gameplay, Mechanics, Characters, and Modes are really fun. Though the community, RNG, and some characters make things less so... With an item, most of your equipment can be redesigned into whatever your artistic skills can manage. I've seen many reskins into Touhou characters. Unfortunately, not many would join a guild for Touhou, and many of them are already in guilds.
Things are fantastic and simple when you're a low level, but get complex and heated when you're a higher skill level, where you're limited to similar level rooms, avoidable by being invited or making your own room however. Higher levels give access to more of the characters, rather than relying on luck for a quick random character.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #654 on: February 02, 2017, 06:28:07 AM »
So I installed Kingdom Hearts Unchained x on my iPad.

Help me I've won five of the six HD Aqua medals in four days help I can't stop the grind because mysterious no AP costs I guess this week

Move eternally forward,

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #655 on: February 05, 2017, 10:38:08 PM »
So I made a sort of homebrew Wizard build in Diablo 3; and even with me playing sloppily as all hell; I breezed through a T8 Rift. And by sloppily I mean 'Not using a costless spell which I can get off cooldown basically immediately that gives enemies a damage reduction debuff and gives me a 50% DR buff.'

Also I'm missing probobly the single most critical item for the build still because it just refuses to drop. And the gear isn't Ancient.

For anyone who speaks Diablo; it's a 5 Tal 3 DMO Spectral Blade build which plans to throw in Manald Heal once the darn thing drops.

Mostly because I refuse to be a sheep with my Wizard and play Archon. Archon is boring.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #656 on: February 08, 2017, 05:37:36 AM »
I just realized (or noticed, actually) that there's actually still a way to judge the cue for the final hit in The Last Song, not just based on Mikhail's yammering.

So that's the main game of Drakengard 3 done finally; now just for the grindy bits.

Move eternally forward,

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #657 on: February 08, 2017, 02:04:30 PM »
Re-reading Steins;Gate in preparation to read the two main fandiscs. After that is Chaos;Child. :D
Let's fight.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #658 on: February 23, 2017, 01:09:28 PM »
After fighting to rip myself from the clutches of my mobile games I'm finally resuming Ys Origin(Nightmare mode of course).  Up to Khonsclard now, and MAN Jenocres was a jerk as Yunica.  I tried at Lv. 28 so many times but had no success.  Decided to gain two levels and while I had a hard fight I barely scraped a win first try.  Khonsclard so far has been handing me my head but when I get home from work I have a strategy I plan to try.  Then I can continue the ascent!

Probably gonna end up playing with all characters eventually but might drop to Hard for the remaining runs so I can hurry and finish up since I also have Ark of Napishtim to do afterwards.  (Catastrophe mode, naturally)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Pywackett-Barchetta

• G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #659 on: February 23, 2017, 07:13:21 PM »
I've had a rule against figure collecting for a long while. I'll casually pick up plush toys of characters I like, since they're soft and comfortable and don't break to bits when they fall off of a shelf or table, which is kind of a must for me. But more importantly, I'm a completionist. I like collecting full sets, burning through my games to 100%, and generally, if I get into something, I go all-in. Either that, or I pick things I specifically cannot go all-in to, such as my Daytona USA game collection which genuinely cannot be completed past where it is because I can't fit arcade machines in my apartment.

To cut to the chase, my mother got me Lego Dimensions for Christmas. That opens a whole new can of worms.

It has a Sonic pack, and it's been sort of a running thing that I get something Sonic-related every year. And I gotta say, it is basically the best thing the blue blur's been in since Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed. Okay, so he hasn't actually been in much of anything since then, but still! Despite being in yet another crossover event, his level pack focuses solely on classic Sonic stuff; they crack jokes about the entire series and a few internet memes, but the actual content only covers up to the Dreamcast era. One thing that stands out immediately is that the music sounds a bit off; it's actually new compositions mimicking the soundtracks for S1, S2, and S3&K, since the rights to those songs are held by the composer and not SEGA themselves. Makes it all the more awesome when the actual themes from Adventure roar in out of nowhere. (I was particularly excited to hear a certain track return from Sonic 4, especially since that entire game is basically swept under the rug now.)

It's a nostalgia trip, for sure, and banks pretty heavily on that, but it's definitely done with love, and makes all the more clear how much fun the writers, Roger Craig Smith, and Mike Pollock have with their roles. This is very, very clearly the main Sonic crew making content that just happens to be in another game, and if, unlike me, you have any impulse control, it makes for a fine Sonic game all in itself. The vehicles you can assemble with him are pretty smartly designed, too. Every vehicle/tool in the game has three different configurations it can be built into, and what starts as Sonic's racecar or the Tornado can be remade into classic badniks.

Playing it alongside her, my mother, a long-time fan who sunk many hours into the Genesis era before I was even around (especially Spinball), expressed sadness that playing as Sonic was now too fast for her. She thought it was her reflexes going out over the years, but no, Sonic's genuinely as ridiculously fast in this game as he's described in the manuals. The Sonic Adventure World (which of course there's an Adventure World for him; the entire term "Adventure World" is taken right from SA1) and the level pack are made for Sonic specifically, and you can blow through them at top speed no problem, but putting him just about anywhere else pretty much breaks the game's physics.  The gravity screws up and ejects him sideways across the sky, he can run up walls he's really not supposed to be able to, and bodies of water that'd usually require a boat can just be run across (though at least that much is intentional).

There's tons of cute little details, from Omochao giving increasingly tedious and useless information ("Move your legs to run!") to Sonic wearing a life preserver if he ever lands in water, and while these are all fun to find, they aren't the sole meat of the expansion. It's not just novelty. What'd be just minor fetch quests in other expansions are entire extra levels in this one; so far, I've found Sandopolis, Death Egg, and Metropolis Zones hidden across the map.

Of course, I'm only experiencing it from scratch now because the entire thing messed up, dumped my characters into an abyss, and corrupted my save on my first run. So while I'm hesitant to go all in... well, I've completed the main story now and picked up Nya from Ninjago. And Marceline from Adventure Time. And Chell, from Portal. And Unikitty, the Lego Batman Movie pack, and The Doctor are in the mail at the moment. I've loved exploring all of these places thus far, and the story definitely got better as it went, but I gotta give special mention to the Adventure Time world absolutely nailing the show's art style (for all characters; entering it makes any character cel-shaded), and the Portal level / adventure world being a pretty fantastic return to a setting I almost forgot I loved so much. I've kind of started geeking out over every single expression Chell makes ever, because we've never really gotten to see her emote before, or have anything close to freedom. Marceline constantly jamming out on her guitar and dancing when not given an objective is cute, and Nya... well, pretty much all of her animations are repurposed from Deadpool in Marvel Super Heroes and she's a samurai with ninja training and a mecha, which I think speaks for itself in terms of awesome factor.

On the side, I've been playing Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and as someone who found the movies pretty okay but not stellar, I'm quite relieved to find that the game is indeed very solid beyond just a fanservice standpoint, as well. They really put a lot of love into it, from a mechanical standpoint as well as a nostalgic one. It's filled the niche I've been looking to fill for a while of atmospheric horror that's not at all reliant on jumpscares and knows when to add some levity.