Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 281822 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #390 on: December 31, 2015, 12:55:03 PM »
All boss medals obtained. Eligor was the biggest obstacle???

No idea how you're supposed to handle the last part except for "Dominus Agony and pray he dies quickly". Didn't think of using light/dark unions though.

I just jumped off of him every time he startes to move. It took forever and is probably still dangerous because of his tail, but it worked. I mean, sort of. I didn't get the medal. But yeah, his last phase is bullshit.

I believe there's also an exploit where you can hit him with Globus while you're still standing under his legs if you aim in the right spot or something too.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #391 on: December 31, 2015, 02:28:21 PM »
I got Nep Rebirth 1, Tales of Hearts R, and Noiregame for Christmas, and also a $25 iTunes card that I used to get FF Dimensions and FF5, and 300 gems in FF Record Keeper. With two of my three 100 gem rolls, I got Squall's Cutting Trigger and a 5* heavy armor. I doubt this whale thing is going to become a habit.  I'm just surprised I walked away from the relic pull festival with good shit. I also got Lightning's Blazefire Saber, Vanille's Wyrmfang; OMG PARTY HEAL, and a couple of shared SB weapons, one of which is a light armor with 100 Def and Res. No Wall relic, though. Le sigh. I really wanted a Thyrus.

I want to see if I can beat Tales of Hearts R without using Hisui as my primary healer.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #392 on: December 31, 2015, 03:54:12 PM »
I actually used Globus, as it deals strike damage and hit both his leg gems and bows in one convenient glyph. Unfortunately, when you're between his legs, it bounces back down once it hits the torso.

If I had the finger dexterity and reflexes of a god, I would have felt less dirty using Scutum unions every time he moved. :/

to be honest I could have used that to run past his legs with Rapidus Fio if I jumped off

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #393 on: January 01, 2016, 03:31:06 PM »
Finally beat True Pacifist Ending on Undertale on New Year's Eve. I gotta say, the final boss the music were really really really kickass!

By completing Neutral and True Pacifist, I effectively know 2/3 of the story. The only mysteries left is  who is
Spoiler:
the First Fallen Child AKA Chara? What happened to them? Are they really as sympathetic as Asriel said?
Buuuuut.....

Now that I finished Undertale with the happy ending, I don't want to reset because then I would take all their happiness away  :(

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #394 on: January 01, 2016, 10:32:50 PM »
So, I went back and played Transistor again. I had just... stopped halfway through Recursion.

I was actually tearing up at the end now that this time I understood what was going on. I didn't understand the first time.

On the other hand... how easy the game was on Recursion really was a letdown. It might have been because I made some good functions; but even then, beating the final boss only Overloading once on the final phase? [Considering the way the final boss attacks makes it almost impossible to evade him I think not Overloading at all may be impossible. It might be possible. I'm sure a no-damage final boss is completely impossible however]

My function set was Jaunt() with Mask() [Spark() in the boss fight]; Crash() with Purge() and Void(); Tap() with Breach() and Get() and Ping() with Spark() and Load(). In passives I had a 2nd Void(); 2nd Mask() [2nd Jaunt() in the boss fight] and Bounce().

Basically Jaunt was... well... Jaunt. Crash amped damage from my damage skills while also stunning and applying a good DoT. Tap was what was really broken. Tap in itself deals good AoE damage around yourself and heals you. Breach changes Tap to a ranged AoE, and Get turned it into a vacuum. And if I killed something my passive Mask() would let me stealth for a breif time to recharge/reposition. Throw in a passive shield that occasionally recharges from Bounce() and I was hardly even taking damage.

And then Ping fires like a shotgun which explodes; basically letting me rapid-fire shotgunbackstab groups after using a Tap().

It was just absurdly easy. Which is a shame, because I absolutely love the combat system in Transistor. I was even using some limiters. I guess next time I should use even more.

... Or I can say 'let's do it fast who cares if easy' and speedrun Recursion if I want to play again. Or do some self-imposed stuff like No-Jaunting or No-Turn()
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:38:52 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #395 on: January 02, 2016, 01:57:02 AM »
Right now playing World of Warships with Kancolle skins. If anyone is interested, you can find them on Pravada. They have different skins and enchants. They're really cool and the staff are really helpful if you have any questions to ask

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #396 on: January 02, 2016, 02:43:55 PM »
Just completed Axiom Verge.

When I started this game, I was expecting to play a 2D Metroid, and I wasn't disappointed. Instead of riding on some Metroid gimmicks, it introduced its own mechanics and had some downright awesome ideas.

I really wish 2D Metroid weren't dead now.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #397 on: January 04, 2016, 06:06:14 PM »
I've been playing Cthulhu Souls Bloodborne, and it is good. Currently up to the Unseen Village, still trucking along with my trusty saw-spear and Ludwig's blade.

Please don't give me any advice about the game, I value my blindness. :V
Let's fight.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #398 on: January 04, 2016, 11:32:30 PM »
I can't play Souls games, I'm terrible at timing dodges.

The Idol armor you get postgame in V Century is so OP compared to the best standard defensive equipment in early postgame, but you'll still get trainwrecked against the original DLC dungeons (and the bosses of the new postgame content) unless you're well into your triple digits in level.

Also picked up Astebreed. I'm probably going to regret it Trophy-wise and it's relatively short, but it was well worth seven bucks during the holiday sale.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 09:09:43 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #399 on: January 07, 2016, 04:53:53 PM »
My friend brought Catherine with her on vacation so she's been playing it while she's here. I'm not touching it because it's not a JRPG/Warriors game, but I'm just sayin'. She managed to get the super-happy Katherine ending, and now she's aiming for the True Cheater ending. So while she's doing that today I'll probably just play the PSP version of Final Fantasy 2. I quite like it, even if the mechanics are weird and I keep getting ambushed despite not wearing any armor.

but you'll still get trainwrecked against the original DLC dungeons (and the bosses of the new postgame content) unless you're well into your triple digits in level.
That's unsurprising.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #400 on: January 07, 2016, 05:02:51 PM »
Catherine is one of those guys I almost buy just about every time I leave the house. I played through it once and loved it, so I suppose I should just grab a copy next time I see it used. The price doesn't seem like it's going to drop any further and it's been a couple of years since I played it, so I think a re-play is probably in order.

« Reply #401 on: January 08, 2016, 04:58:43 AM »
I've been playing stuff I got during the Steam sale. I've definitely got a lot of playtime to come eventually in all these games.

Ys: Ark of Napishtim finished on Nightmare + Catastrophe

Eryi's Action finished on Ex Mode quite a lot of times. Trying to get the No Death achievement for it, with my best run being 2 deaths, both on the water room in level 10.

Quite a lot of Mushihimesama as well. 1cc'd Original and Maniac on it, with not that high of scores due to having no spare lives on either. As for other shooters, also picked up Crimzon Clover, Danmaku Unlimited 2, and Judgement SilverSword Resurrection(despite having the last one on Eschatos 360 version).

I've started up Ys 1 on Nightmare but haven't played much of it. Haven't made it to any bosses yet.Obviously not playing Ys II until I'm finished with this one.

Not too far into Trails in the Sky(first one, will pick up second later on if I like this). I started on Nightmare which was probably a mistake for this unlike the Ys games  :ohdear:.

Also picked up Gurumin(which I've beaten on Crazy on the PSP version) and LISA, but I haven't started either of those 2 yet.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:01:12 AM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #402 on: January 08, 2016, 01:57:56 PM »
Entering day 4 in Fallout 4.

It's more about ironing out a number of loose ends as opposed to anything else. I've run the course with Piper, Nick, and soon Curie with only Danse to go. Things are settling in and I may soon be done until the DLC comes around. After a while, certain pieces of gear that are a cut above everything else become the only things you use and certain missions begin to repeat in familiar locations. Still, exploring is always rewarding and if you play around with the settlements, you'll always have something to build up and scavenge for. The downside is that once you hit this stride, you're effectively invincible unless you boost the difficulty or charge headlong into dangerous situations. Mind you, it took 50-60 hours to do so.

The game does have its weaknesses around certain other things. It's true about the game being glitchy. Some quests are quite forgettable and will even repeat ad nauseam with your faction of choice. Characterization isn't all that strong or memorable most of the time. Melee combat sounds fun until one stray raider blocks 5 of your attacks in a row and counters with their own, making melee not only a cumbersome reliability, but really just not satisfying. On the other hand, you can pop them in the face once and they'll explode.

In the end, your enjoyment of the game still really does boil down to enjoying what it gives you. Exploration, settlement building, and weapon customization are all great places to invest your time and naturally lead into one another, creating a comfortable cycle of going out to a location, gutting it of enemies and supplies, building up your homestead(s) of choice, then prepping yourself for the next trek into the wastes. If that's your schtick, you'll get more than your share.

Also, after some 80 hours of playtime I am finally entering the Glowing Sea for the first time. It's deliciously haunting and atmospheric to the point that it rivals The Glow in the original. Even though I'm kitted to the gills I still went through some truly special prep to ready myself for it.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #403 on: January 11, 2016, 03:08:09 AM »
I was watching a playthrough of Sepia Tears. I think they made a Touhou reference. "That's alot of bullets" "She's the hardest boss in the game" "Parasol" "Red and Blue lasers"  "Attack that gradually gets harder" :V Yukari much?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 03:18:45 AM by Lollipop »
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #404 on: January 12, 2016, 10:06:48 AM »
Symbol Attack Gains and Guaranteed Symbol Attack is amazing when paired together. Run into stuff, get XP and items as if you actually fought the battle. Obviously it doesn't work if you can't activate Destroy Symbols on the enemy, but it's so fun running roughshod over all of these Tough/Risky/Dangerous foes. All I need to do this run is get all of the Big Dungeon Changes, go kill some stuff for the rest of the Medals, and start the next loop.

Also uber-salty at the fact that the only thing preventing me from Platinuming The BIT.TRIP is a random drop trophy.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #405 on: January 12, 2016, 12:17:56 PM »
Just bought Downwell, damn this game is so much both fun and hard, I think I'll stick on this one for a while !

« Reply #406 on: January 13, 2016, 02:17:49 AM »
It's so weird playing Dungeon Travelers 2, where your party members are wearing clothes that are dubious for dungeon traveling, at best, and yet a ten year old girl gets into an actually pretty good argument about the nature of God with a nun.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #407 on: January 15, 2016, 03:54:49 PM »
I'm getting close to the end of Phoenix Wright, but it's really starting to drag. I blame all of the scene transitions. The UI feels really outdated. I should be able to pick any location to go to from a menu, I shouldn't have to manually walk everywhere, especially at points where the only way to progress the plot is to go to a semi-random, non-obvious screen. Especially when there's trial and error involved.

In between working on that and getting bored with it I've playing Wario Ware DIY, which I picked up on super clearance for like $2. It's fun, the normal games are what they are and the game making software is at a nice level of complexity. I don't ususlly buy Wario Ware games because I get bored of them, but I've easily gotten my tiny investment back out of this one in like the two hours I've played it so far.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #408 on: January 16, 2016, 08:47:42 AM »
For once, I've finally had the determination to play through an inFamous game. Second Son (and now First Light, I guess) is at a nice size of compactness, compared to frickin' heug inFamous 1 city; wallclimbing with either Neon or Video is so easy compared to Cole's mandatory slow climb; and I'm at least usable in console shooters now, so I don't scattershot everywhere.

Also, it's amazing how useful the Drill idea chip is. As long as you can go HDD, it doesn't matter much if you die - just revive them, reboot HDD, and instant full health and SP means you can dump literally anything you have on the enemy for free.

Why did I never use this until now.

Move eternally forward,

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2016, 01:35:39 PM »
Hum-dee-dum. Still playing Dungeon Travelers 2 Postgame. After suffering through Conveyor Belt Hell a.k.a. Gear Castle got my ass kicked by
Spoiler:
Maid-sensei
really hard. Turns out she's the God of the Gear Castle Realm. And it's kind of weird. While reaching her, did unlock the next dungeon, there was a standard message before the door i.e. "there's a boss behind this door, beware" instead of "the boss behind this door will eat your face, run while you can".
On the plus side the Tower is finally unlocked now. So, yay, i guess.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 01:37:24 PM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

pineyappled

« Reply #410 on: January 20, 2016, 07:58:58 PM »
Anyone playing Dragon's Dogma? Share your pawnfus.

« Reply #411 on: January 22, 2016, 12:02:06 AM »
Anyone playing Dragon's Dogma? Share your pawnfus.
I'm on 360, so that's a no go for me.

I'm trapped in Final Fantasy XIV. Help.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #412 on: January 22, 2016, 07:24:34 PM »
Giving up Fallout 4 until the DLC hits. Again, a flawed game but it's so engrossing and you get your money's worth. Now playing Wolfenstein: The New Order before going back to MGS5. Yes, it's a dumb FPS but it's a GREAT dumb FPS.

Sorta finished Chrono Trigger on the DS. Found a copy of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and I'm playing that now. Need my street cred up for when Fates gets released.

Bravely Second is due out in the US on April 15th. I found out less than an hour after the announcement was made. SOMEone else beat me to it by like 59 minutes since they had already digested the information and come to terms with it. Hype acquired and stockpiled.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #413 on: January 23, 2016, 05:48:38 AM »
I've been playing a lot of Tobari and the Night of the Curious Moon on Steam.

Finished the first 6 worlds and have been trying to finish Ex, but these levels are quite very hard. I have made it to the boss though, but I haven't figured out the fight yet. The first part doesn't seem too bad, but the part after you get the final weapon.

For some reason, I got the Steam achievement for a no game overs clear when I cleared World 6 despite having had quite a bit of game overs(I never chose the give up option though, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it).

Still need to get a few of the moon shards in Ex, though I'm not sure if they're needed to unlock World 8. Considering how much World Ex is destroying me, I'm not sure how Vs. Desunoya will go. I have seen very little in the way of gameplay for that world, and it definitely looks tough.

Then there's the achievements for finishing the game in under 5 deaths, 100 deaths for Ex, speedrun achievements, no shopping achievement, and no damage bosses to try to get. I don't know if I'll be able to get them, but I'm going to try since the game is quite fun. I already have the no damages for the first 3 bosses, and I had the world 4 boss mostly figured out but just needed to pull it off, then stopped trying.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #414 on: January 24, 2016, 11:15:32 PM »
Oneshot is probably the coolest game I've ever played. It's like Undertale, but 100x better. I've only been playing for an hour and the game has already created files on my computer that contain answers to the puzzles in game  :o
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #415 on: January 26, 2016, 02:45:03 AM »
Picked up Eiyuu Senki in the most recent PS Flash sale. I'm probably an idiot for going the challenge route and trying to take down India first.

Also, I'm imagining what could have been if this Arthur ended up being Saber (or maybe Caster, considering this one's Excalibur is Song Magic).

Also I redownloaded the Gundemonium Collection, and holy fuck I used to be either really stupid or really lucky to do some of those dodges in realtime, instead of being smart and casting Daath Whisper.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #416 on: January 26, 2016, 03:38:24 AM »
Got to the boss of the Vs. Desunoya world in Tobari. That stage was definitely tough, but I don't think it'll be too bad to get through again. I put in quite a bit of tries at the boss, but none were successful so far. I'll come back and try to finish it some other time.

I'm not sure what the best way to defeat the evil staff roll during that fight would be for that achievement. I'm thinking maybe just destroying the boss's summons until I get that avoiding damaging the boss much so that she stays in the easier phase then try destroying it. Obviously that's not too good for actually winning the fight, but if I tried doing it during the later phase where there's  stuff that has to be destroyed with the Holy Staff ability since it can't be dodged,I'd probably end up killing the boss too early, Well, I'd need to actually make it to that point in the boss map first though.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #417 on: January 27, 2016, 08:03:37 AM »
Oh hay, The Witness is finally out.

Move eternally forward,

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #418 on: January 28, 2016, 01:34:11 PM »
So i am climbing Tower of Bogomil in Dungeon Travelers 2. Reached 20F and after one of random encounters Monster Obliterator trophy pops. And second after platinum trophy pops as well. Now i am feeling all demotivated to continue and all that.
Why they decided to make trophies for this game more or less "Finish Main Story" + Monster Obliterator a.k.a. 20k monster kills, instead of the last trophy being "Defeat the final boss of the Tower" is beyond me, but oh well...
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #419 on: January 28, 2016, 02:40:12 PM »
Who needs trophies to play a game?  Beat it for yourself!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!