Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 281919 times)

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2015, 11:21:49 PM »
Finally getting off my ass and making some real progress through KHBBS. Terra's story? Done. Ven's story? Ugh, I'll let you know when I can clear the rhythm minigame... from the looks of it, the pattern's actually static, but that doesn't help where timing is concerned. Played just a little bit of Aqua's story for the interim. Can I make it to the last Episode before FJF starts and I put every second of my gaming time into that? Probs not.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2015, 12:09:23 AM »
*Fistbump*

3 Dancer EO4 here.  Hell ye challenge runs.  (I've gotta try 5 medic yet)
idiotic sccs completed so far:
5 medics (eo4)
5 runemasters (eo4)
5 arcanists (eo4) (aargh)
5 survivalists (eou) (aaaaarrrgh)
5 hexers (eou)

why am I doing this

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #122 on: June 09, 2015, 12:12:59 AM »
Finally getting off my ass and making some real progress through KHBBS. Terra's story? Done. Ven's story? Ugh, I'll let you know when I can clear the rhythm minigame... from the looks of it, the pattern's actually static, but that doesn't help where timing is concerned. Played just a little bit of Aqua's story for the interim. Can I make it to the last Episode before FJF starts and I put every second of my gaming time into that? Probs not.
Ah, another BBS player yaaaay.  I SHOULD be working on Aqua's story since I cleared both Terra's and Ventus's, but instead I went back into my Ventus clear file and was putzing around getting my head handed to me in the Mirage Arena.  Whoops.  Reminds me, I randomly made the Second Chance ability and need to turn that off once I've mastered the ability it's on since I intend to beat everything without it/Once More.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2015, 09:21:01 AM »
> Levels almost everyone to level 99
> Beats all of the Quests that don't have a level requirement of 99
> Get Triple XP accessory
> Cry

In other news, the Operation Abyss LE came for me about 13 hours ago, and it turns out it's a fairly large box - much larger than their normal LEs, at least. That's because the artbook is an actual book, not just that stupid little pamphlet they usually have with characters and standard concept art. (Still haven't been able to play it yet, but meh.)

If I recall, the Neptunia animation is getting released on disk today. Fair warning to those who are going to watch the dub but haven't for some reason: Since they aren't going to give 5pb.'s VA only about three lines of dialogue (Setag had more than that, and she's intended to be a one-shot character), they had to dub Kihirirake! Gracie Star. The VA has a much deeper voice than even nao's current standard (e.g. Rave:tech ^_^ New;world), so it's a bit of a shock. (Frankly, though, I thought IF's was a bit more jarring, since I'm so used to her regular voice - the VA they had to bring in has a higher voice.)

413/504. I have almost the entire world map (save the red zones) either cleared or accessible. Too many Light and Dark bosses, though - and not nearly enough Light and Dark spirits on my end to really contemplate trying to fight some of them, even on an advantageous day.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2015, 06:40:01 PM »
Got Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost a month ago and been playing that since. I suck terribly online. 

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2015, 04:50:07 PM »
Is that Kamille from the Z3 portrait rip? I've seen that make the rounds on the internet. Angry Shinn is quite popular.

Anyway, I've been playing Etrian Odyssey 3 and Untold. I just hit 14F in Untold (Story Mode; feel free to point and laugh) but I'm working on a quest backlog. In 3, I'm on 2F because I'm not a veteran of the series. Also I haven't been playing long. I'm doing L/H/B/A/M, but I have other classes in storage soaking up exp so I can swap out if the need arises. I also have 10 Farmers designed to collect items. And I picked up a bunch of discoveries on the ocean.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2015, 11:59:23 PM »
[attach=1]

...And this is (one of) the weakest of the Red Zone bosses. I'm screwed. (Though, really, the 2-battle double boss battles are pretty damn rough, too.)

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot. IFI is having a contest with copies of Nep Re;Birth3 - and a pair of Plutia's plushies! - on the line. The contest? Make a picture... using only the basic Paint applications (e.g. MS Paint), just like those ones they put on their Nep updates every so often!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 03:37:43 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2015, 01:57:56 AM »
Because my backlog of games is not overwhelming enough, I decided to borrow my friend's Wii. I wanted to play some of his Gamecube games most of all, but I forgot to make sure I had a memory card for them. While one is being delivered I decided to play Ocarina of Time on the virtual console instead. It's amazing how fun this game is to this day. I remember "helping" other people beat the game by reading a player's guide to them when I was much younger (I didn't know better). Luckily it's been so long since then that it feels relatively fresh, especially since playing it casually is nothing like watching a speedrunner break it over their leg.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2015, 02:55:05 PM »
I made it to the 4th stratum in EOU. Guess I need to poke around Gladsheim before I can start doing stuff on 16F. I don't think I ever killed the FOEs in the first area. I should go do that, just for completion's sake. I ripped through the ones in the second area. Instead of trying to avoid them I just murdered their asses for exp. I was really overlevelled. I probably still am. Not for FOEs, but for regular enemies.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2015, 04:26:23 PM »
Dunno what bit me, but I played Parasite Eve recently. It's funny to see an RPG where your STG experience comes in handy.

« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2015, 08:19:41 PM »
Dunno what bit me, but I played Parasite Eve recently. It's funny to see an RPG where your STG experience comes in handy.
Parasite Eve is one of my favorite PS era RPGs, which is why I was disappointed PE2 went a more Resident Evil style of gameplay. I wish they'd come out with a third Parasite Eve game, though, that would be fun.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2015, 08:49:14 PM »
Parasite Eve is one of my favorite PS era RPGs, which is why I was disappointed PE2 went a more Resident Evil style of gameplay. I wish they'd come out with a third Parasite Eve game, though, that would be fun.

There's the 3rd Birthday on PSP.

On topic, I've been playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2.  I'm near the end of my first playthrough.  I'm going for Vert's ending.  Even when I got the option to get the other CPUs Leanbox already had 50 shares and she joined right away.  I equipped Nepgear to her and she's even more of a powerhouse.  Not really looking forward to the Conquest Ending though, I don't really want to do that one.

« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2015, 02:31:32 AM »
There's the 3rd Birthday on PSP.
That's an original IP that Square Enix decided to not continue. It is not Parasite Eve, at all. Nope.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2015, 04:47:15 AM »
I've been re-playing Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow after trashing it repeatedly in conversation lately as the worst Metroidvania. Yeah, it is. It's not awful by any means, but it is the worst Metroidvania for a few reasons. I was enjoying it more in Julius mode, but my game broke and won't let me enter the last area, so I guess I'm just done without getting to see the one boss exclusive to that mode. Yaaaaay...
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2015, 09:26:53 PM »
I've been aware of; and wanting to try; Ahin Megami Tensei for a while.

What I wasn't aware of is that 4 was on the 3DS. [Or even existed].

So yeah; I'm gonna deal with some demons.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

SpeedySPCFan

• We are all controlled by something greater... MEMES!
  • Game reviewer or something.
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2015, 07:31:24 PM »
I'm going through a few right now.

Phantasy Star Online 2 - it's an MMO. I'm never going to stop playing it. HELP
Max Payne - my brother has been asking me to play it so I finally gave in, turns out it's pretty fantastic.
Crusader: No Remorse - my PS1 disc broke so I've been playing the PC version they gave for free on Origin. Fun game even though certain parts are padded.
MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries - my (almost) yearly playthrough of the game. Partly for fun, partly because I want to review it.

I plan to get to STALKER: Clear Sky and Ys II + Oath in Felghana soon. Clear Sky because I finished STALKER: SoC not a week ago and loved it in all of its quirky and buggy glory. As for Ys II and Oath in Felghana (remake of Ys III), Ys Origin became one of my favorite games after beating it and now I want to play the rest of the (good) games in the series.
"Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joyned with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf." - Nicholas Kerensky (quote from BattleTech fiction)

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2015, 04:58:55 PM »
Finished off Ven and Aqua's stories in BBS and also did the Final Episode... and unlocked the Secret Ep.

Heh, on Ven's story, as I suspected, Ice Cream Beat is static... it still took me a good thirty tries to get a good enough score to not game over. I was disappointed when I started getting good ranks but was still not good enough... then somehow, BAM, my winning go-around nets me a Fantastic. But yeah, with that roadblock out of the way, the rest was simple enough. The final fight gave me a little bit of trouble the first attempt, but I knocked it out the second time  - control stick spinning is A Thing... and the first fight I was spinning it the wrong way. Oops! :derp:

But now that that's done I think I'll put off the Secret Ep
Spoiler:
I don't think my body is ready for Dark Hide yet
and FJF is coming up.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2015, 11:18:03 PM »
Started back up on my FF Tactics A2 save. Not that far right now. Don't even have access to the Auction House or recruiting. I know about repeatable missions. Working on some other missions and crossing my fingers for halfway-decent loot. My friend has the strategy guide so I might need to bum that off him so I can know what the hell to do without needing to have the computer on making the room hotter. If it wasn't summer it'd be on more often.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2015, 11:49:21 PM »
All you need to do is unlock the auction house and win all of them.  Then the game is effectively over.  It deserves no better.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2015, 07:44:17 AM »

Cleared Turn 13 in Final Fantasy XIV.  It's over.  It's done.  The miracle does happen.  We even got the thing that let us craft this for our FC house so we took a hella screenshot.

And about three days before the expansion hits too.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2015, 09:08:44 AM »
All you need to do is unlock the auction house and win all of them.  Then the game is effectively over.  It deserves no better.
Yeah, I unlocked Auction House then stopped playing because the game was over

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2015, 12:12:52 PM »
Only Lorule Castle is left for LoZenges: A Link Between Worlds. It's been enjoyable and the game's gimmick is probably the best in the series I've encountered in some time. Maybe it hasn't stuck as much because I played the original so many times? Or maybe my 30-31 year old self is slightly better at videogames than my 10-11 year old self.
I found A2 at a local used games store that holds onto just about everything forever. I've never played it and the existence of the game hasn't crossed my mind for 6-7 years. I still feel as if I've beaten it already now.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2015, 03:22:53 PM »
All you need to do is unlock the auction house and win all of them.
I'd rather play the game in my own stupid style than try to break it over my knee that hard and that quickly. I'm not saying anyone else should do what I do. Whatever you feel like doing, do it. And I'll go do my own thing over here.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2015, 03:35:31 PM »
I'm a few hours into Danganronpa 2. It fixed a lot, if not almost all, of the problems I had with the first game. I'm having a hard time figuring out how this game could possibly fit into the continuity of the first one, but it seems to somehow. The first murder was ridiculously convoluted, almost to the point of being silly, but it just BARELY makes enough sense to work. That's a good line to walk I guess.

Spoiler:
It actually has a likable, competent, non-comic-relief fat character! Way to go video games, you finally did it! And he was somehow also the least likable character from the first game? I don't follow, but good. Then he died, but whatever. Least he was there. Now if we can get a character who's likable, overweight, competent, AND a nerd maybe that dumb trend will be over finally.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:38:02 PM by commandercool »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2015, 11:44:48 PM »
The first murder was ridiculously convoluted, almost to the point of being silly, but it just BARELY makes enough sense to work. That's a good line to walk I guess.

Holy shit, you've seen nothing yet.

The murders in this game make the first game solutions seem obvious in comparison.

You'll definitely love the game though, so many twists and turns.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2015, 04:00:54 AM »
Holy shit, you've seen nothing yet.

The murders in this game make the first game solutions seem obvious in comparison.

Yup, I just finished the second one, and that holds true. It had me questioning how far the game was going to push the shenanigans a few times, but in the end I think it all tied together very nicely. I have a theory now about how the timeline fits into the first game too. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

And right at the end of the investigation I figured out a way around my biggest current complaint, which is how all of the fast travel points are way too far from most locations to save that much time. Then I realized that the d-pad makes you run super fast to the next location. Handy, wish I had noticed that earlier. No major complaints then. :) Even the capsule machine is now so fast that it's no longer the ludicrous busywork waste of time it was in the first game.

Spoiler:
Although I am a little annoyed about how the game killed the social link I was working on during both murders so far, but that's just a natural consequence of the way the game works. No use being mad about that. I did finish Chiaki, I hope she doesn't die, but she is a little redundant in her role with Nagito and she is seemingly the easiest-to-murder person in the game by virtue of her narcolepsy. So yeah, that's a couple death flags, but neither of the "fellow detective" characters from the first game died, so maybe she'll be okay?

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2015, 05:11:13 PM »
Spoiler:
5th case is stupid. Its resolution and reasoning behind it, is even more stupid
. What happens afterwards is awesome, tho.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2015, 09:11:10 PM »
Time to blow the dust off the shotgun and the wrench (the latter mostly to make the damn game work).

Time to reinstall System Shock 2.

Shameful confession - the only time I completed the game was on Easy, just because I didn't want any hassle. Taking up Hard this time around. Let's hope early levels won't be TOO bad.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2015, 12:42:31 AM »
Spoiler:
5th case is stupid. Its resolution and reasoning behind it, is even more stupid

Spoiler:
I disagree 100%, I personally believe that case 5 is fucking genius.

(Although I suppose that depends on how much suspension of disbelief you have, but we're getting sidetracked.)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »
 The patch for Heavensward is now downloading

why must I wait for tomorrow for servers to be up again

this is unacceptable

what am I even going to do with my life in the meantime