Author Topic: A continue patch for MoF, SA and UFO ?  (Read 1561 times)

Marron

• Ordinary crow
A continue patch for MoF, SA and UFO ?
« on: February 20, 2015, 01:17:16 PM »
Hello. I'm playing touhou in lunatic. The problem I have is that the game allow you to use continues as much as you want, but it's more like "well, use bombs as you like for clearing this stage". I'm not really into using bomb. I mean I'm the kind of player that take risk for accomplishing a patern, spell card or non spell. I don't really care using many continues for clearing the game as long as I progress though I know when to use a bomb. The problem here is that I don't get the impression that it can help you improving. I really like the "5 continues" system that doesn't make you retry the stage from the beggining, It garantee you to take some risks and you can progress like that, you will try dodging something, it is really successful  for me, I improved really much by doing that.
I think it wouldn't really be a problem if when you use a continue you would have, like, 5 lives, but here you only restart the stage with 2 lives.....when you have reached stage 5 with only 2 lives, you will not take many risks and will use many bombs...

So I wanted to know if someone is doing a sort of tool that woud modificate this aspect of the game ? If that's not the case well okay, I don't really know anything about these things, maybe it's really something hard to do, I don't know...but I just want to know if someone already thinked of that/have planned to work on that ?

Re: A continue patch for MoF, SA and UFO ?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 08:24:38 PM »
Unfortunately I don't think there is a continue patch for those games.

The continue system of MoF, SA, and UFO encourages players to practice earlier stages so that you have enough lives and bombs to survive the later stages and unlock them for stage practice, Once you've unlocked all stages for stage practice, you can then focus on using fewer bombs and getting a better 1CC.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Marron

• Ordinary crow
Re: A continue patch for MoF, SA and UFO ?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 08:44:20 PM »
I suppose so. Well It's not like I really care to 1CC. I mean it's cool and all, and I already but I don't feel so ashamed as I was before when I lost lives..

But oh well, maybe I'm asking too much. It's just that, you know, you don't really play the same way when you play in practice than when you play on a playthrough so, haha.
Well anyway, thx for the answer.