Author Topic: Rooster Teeth News - Monty Oum has passed away~  (Read 2628 times)

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Rooster Teeth News - Monty Oum has passed away~
« on: February 02, 2015, 07:29:59 PM »
Not sure how many of you follow Rooster Teeth or not, but I thought this was a pretty harsh blow...

http://roosterteeth.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=3302319

Monty Oum, the man behind RWBY, and Rooster Teeth's Director of Animation, has passed away after spending about 10 days in a coma due to a medical incident.

It sucks because having watched his work when RvB started to go crazy with the animation, I thought he was great. And the things he loved and enjoyed being a part of were great to behold. And despite how bumpy RWBY was at times, I still enjoyed watching it; and have been wanting to cosplay from it for some time now.

The fact is was only 33 makes it hurt a bit more; only 4 years old then Puppy... which hit hard for her as well.

Anyone else a fan of RT or has heard of Monty? Wouldn't mind hearing from you all~

Re: Rooster Teeth News - Monty Oum has passed away
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »
Not so much a fan of RT for various reasons, but what I did get around to watching of RWBY was pretty neat. Hopefully Monty's family is coping with their loss well, and that what good things he's done aren't forgotten.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: Rooster Teeth News - Monty Oum has passed away~
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 07:40:12 PM »
I really enjoyed what I liked from watching the first season (Naomi and
Spoiler:
Penny
in particular), so I was looking forward to what would happen next...And now this happens. :ohdear: I'm kind of wondering what'll happen to RWBY now...Will someone try and continue it, or will it just be archived out of respect?

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 07:47:47 PM »
I was passed the headline on another network when I found out he was hospitalized. To find out it ended like this...

...I'm gonna take the walk to class really slowly today. Bless that poor man's soul.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 08:37:08 PM »
I knew about Monty Oum from the Dead Fantasy series and other earlier movies he did. Fantastic animation and choreography. The preview for Dead Fantasy 6 was sick.

I don't know anything about Rooster Teeth, but I will probably check out what he had been working on recently.

Rest in peace.

KLH

• 47 accounts in my account account
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 09:42:04 PM »
First kitty0706, then Monty Oum? What terrible losses, one after the other...

You will be missed.

2hu is a ghey shooter pl@y COD you f@gs
COD 4 life #swag #yolo #360noscope #lensflare #Skrillex
Main YouTube Channel
Main Reupload Channel

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 12:07:35 AM »
Read about this earlier, it's crazy how he's just gone all of a sudden, but I think I can understand it somewhat though after reading through their website.

Actually remember having alittle chat with him one day back around 2005~2006, we had a nice chat about coming up with combination weapons. Turned out he had the idea of Crescent Rose even all the way back then. I was really surprised at the time when he mentioned using the weapon's kickback, where my idea was a shotgun using the concepts from a M16 to reduce the kickback letting the user swing it around and shoot without too much knockback. Found it kinda funny how we had different ideas of how to deal with kickback, embracing or eliminating it.

I really do want to continue and create the game that weapon idea of mine would show up in, but I still have some ways to go before I can do that, yet.