Author Topic: Toho Ronpa Super Gensokyo Level Ideas  (Read 5632 times)

Toho Ronpa Super Gensokyo Level Ideas
« on: February 02, 2015, 08:12:59 AM »
After reading the guidelines Helepolis posted I decided to go with Toho Ronpa rather then using 'Touhou - (Name of game)'. Toho Ronpa will be a free game to play but first I need ideas before starting. Though before I get to that I would like to say that!

I am currently watching a series on YouTube called [Touhou] Super Duper Gensokyo-level Dangan Ronpa posted by the user eeveefruit. It has furthered my ambitious idea and love of both series to make this idea a reality. Though of course using a different setting (Copyright issues) and some characters changed accordingly.

I would also love to form a team of people that would give a helping hand for this project. Currently I am in progress of creating the map in 3DS Max 2013, which is a massive shrine on some random island so far.

Characters I thought would fit the roles would be Sanae Kochiya as the protagonist, and title of Ultimate Living Goddess Student. I thought Sanae Kochiya as Makoto Naegi fitted perfectly as Hope and Miracles go hand in hand togerther. Of course to fix the problem of Monokuma I was thinking of having it as a Yukkuri of Keine.

As for Kyoko Kirigiri... I was thinking of either Reimu as shes a pretty good incident sovler or Aya shameimaru.

Of course I don't want to completely leave out their hax abilites. I think it would be good to give them their cards, that they would only be able to use once which would make the murders and investigation more interesting.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:59:50 PM by BlueFlameBird »

Re: Toho Ronpa Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 06:09:12 PM »
Update - 02/02/15
--------------------------

Created some rough Concept art for Sanae Kochiya. Its nothing amazing but at least its something and I am now planning on doing the Keine Yukkuri next.

Please enjoy~

FlamingRok

• Rena is pleased with your efforts.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 06:16:41 PM »
(feel free to disregard any of the following)
Honestly, the onenronen translation of Dangan Ronpa (Super High School Level) is my preferred one, so to match in with this, Super Gensokyo Level seems like the best fit.

An idea if you use Sayaka Maizono as a character is for Kyouko Kasodani to take her place. Both characters are cheerful and energetic, and both characters appear to have something burdening them, and hide this away from the other characters.

Nitori Kawashiro could work as a substitute Chihiro Fiujisaki,
Spoiler:
without the cross-dressing element.
They both seem to be shy, and both are the most technologically advanced of the group. Some aspects don't exactly match up, but if we were to try and find point-for-point replicas of each character, it'd be very difficult (someone else can probably find a better comparison, but I'm throwing out my own thoughts).

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »
(feel free to disregard any of the following)
Honestly, the onenronen translation of Dangan Ronpa (Super High School Level) is my preferred one, so to match in with this, Super Gensokyo Level seems like the best fit.

An idea if you use Sayaka Maizono as a character is for Kyouko Kasodani to take her place. Both characters are cheerful and energetic, and both characters appear to have something burdening them, and hide this away from the other characters.

Nitori Kawashiro could work as a substitute Chihiro Fiujisaki,
Spoiler:
without the cross-dressing element.
They both seem to be shy, and both are the most technologically advanced of the group. Some aspects don't exactly match up, but if we were to try and find point-for-point replicas of each character, it'd be very difficult (someone else can probably find a better comparison, but I'm throwing out my own thoughts).

I always welcome ideas that fans come up with to enhance the gameplay, and try and give the players a better experience of the game. First off I would like to thank you for commenting and giving your idea for this game.

Before the creation of this thread Mystia came as a first for Sayaka Maizono because... They both sing. xD Though researching into Kyouko Kasodani being like you said,  a cheerful and energetic Yokai. Though seems to be under some stress and mumbles to herself despite her well-behaved appearance is an excellent match.

I agree that Nitori should be Chihiro Fiujisaki but I could mix some things up with the crossdressing as a funny joke. xD just like that one Hot Spring scene in Dangan Ronpa.

Re: Toho Ronpa Super Gensokyo Level Ideas
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 07:21:27 PM »
For characters, my opinion is that you might want to focus on popular characters, disregarding how much those choices resemble the DR cast. After all, what else would capture the Danganronpa spirit as well as watching one of your favourite characters doing horrible stuff or having horrible stuff done to them? (
Spoiler:
Sakura and Junko ;_;
)

As for the "Chou-Koukou-Kyuu" thing, unless the game is set in an AU where everyone is a high schooler, you should probably go with the Vita version's "Ultimate <something>" instead.

All of that said, I'm not opposed to the idea of having a crossdressing joke. Or hell, maybe have one of the characters be an actual crossdresser, that ought to mix things up very well.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 08:36:42 PM »
For characters, my opinion is that you might want to focus on popular characters, disregarding how much those choices resemble the DR cast. After all, what else would capture the Danganronpa spirit as well as watching one of your favourite characters doing horrible stuff or having horrible stuff done to them? (
Spoiler:
Sakura and Junko ;_;
)

As for the "Chou-Koukou-Kyuu" thing, unless the game is set in an AU where everyone is a high schooler, you should probably go with the Vita version's "Ultimate <something>" instead.

All of that said, I'm not opposed to the idea of having a crossdressing joke. Or hell, maybe have one of the characters be an actual crossdresser, that ought to mix things up very well.

Thank you for commenting! ^ ^

Yeah the entire game is based in an AU hence Sanae's different clothing in the concerpt art~  Indeed I was planning of going with the PSVita's titles Ultimate Immortal, Moral, Singer Student etc. Also I know people would like to see their favorite characters in the game, but I want to give other characters that have yet to be given a significant starring role in a Touhou fanwork. Though most of the characters being planned for the game are popular ones, so no one really has anything to worry about. xD

Happy to read one person is liking the idea of crossdressing already~ ^ ^

Off quote.

I came up with another idea but quickly scrapped it as I thought it wouldn't give the DR feeling. That based on the players choices that the player could save they favorite characters from being killed. Giving you guys all sorts of different endings.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 08:40:31 PM by BlueFlameBird »

FlamingRok

• Rena is pleased with your efforts.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 08:50:56 PM »
While that seems like quite an interesting idea, it could end up becoming very complex to work with. It's not necessarily unlike Dangan Ronpa, as only a select few make it out alive still, but it'd be very hard to do right. Also, if you can find a way to work the cross-dressing into the game, go for it!

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 12:49:21 AM »
While that seems like quite an interesting idea, it could end up becoming very complex to work with. It's not necessarily unlike Dangan Ronpa, as only a select few make it out alive still, but it'd be very hard to do right. Also, if you can find a way to work the cross-dressing into the game, go for it!

Ideed it truly would.

Plus it would give me even more work to implement such a feature into the game. xD I already get enough work of working on many different types of games for my uni Computer Games Design course~ Also don't worry I have a few plans in my head that would hopefully work! Since I have Uni tomorrow I can finally keep on making the map, as I can't do it on this Laptop because 3DS Max 2013/2014/2015 isn't installing on Windows 8.1! D;

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 09:21:14 PM »
Apparently, there seems to be a Japanese DRxTouhou fangame out there too: http://1st.geocities.jp/crawfordproject/c_pro_g020.html

Anyway, if I understand this right, you're aiming to put in Touhous that fit the same roles as DR1's cast? Is the plot going to be similar too, or do you plan on taking that in a different direction?
On a maybe more important note, how different is this going to be from the DRxTouhou Youtube videos you're watching? I noticed you talking about the characters using cards - I don't know much about that video series, but they're doing the same thing too, right?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:26:02 PM by KrackoCloud »

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 02:23:11 AM »
Apparently, there seems to be a Japanese DRxTouhou fangame out there too: http://1st.geocities.jp/crawfordproject/c_pro_g020.html

Anyway, if I understand this right, you're aiming to put in Touhous that fit the same roles as DR1's cast? Is the plot going to be similar too, or do you plan on taking that in a different direction?
On a maybe more important note, how different is this going to be from the DRxTouhou Youtube videos you're watching? I noticed you talking about the characters using cards - I don't know much about that video series, but they're doing the same thing too, right?

Someone already beat me to it?! Ahh... I'm feeling happy but depressed at the same time... I admit that it looks really good, interesting and would seem fun to play, but it seems like the creator threw some of the characters in there for the hell of it, or just put placed them in there because they popular Touhou characters or something else?

Anyways yeah that's the plan, I want my Touhou x DR project to have characters to fit the roles of the DR characters. Someone did suggest a idea of forcusing on popular characters, but as you see I declined as I want lesser popular characters (That would fit DR chara's) in a staring role.

Hence
Sanae - Naegi
Kasodani - Sayaka
Nitori - Chihiro
Mokou - Mondo
etc

I plan on taking the entire plot on a similar route but not completely the same. I was thinking of having the deaths somewhat differently~ The only similar thing that this project and the video series will have is the cards system. In the video the people trapped inside the school can use their abilites such as unconicousness where Koishi cannot be detected and can use it as much as she wants. Where else in this one they will only be able to use their ability once.

A example would be that Mokou has the Phoenix Card, she gets stabbed by lets say Kaguya and dies. Her card automcally actives, therefore giving her a 2nd life. Mokou freaks out with a weapon in hand and kills Kaguya in some way. That's how I want the card ability to work, that the user can only use their ability once and that's it.

Anyways it seems the Touhou community will have a Western Touhou x DR in an AU and Japanese Touhou x DR in Gensokyo. xD Can't wait~
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:28:51 AM by BlueFlameBird »