Author Topic: Len'en Project Translation (now with its own wiki!)  (Read 24924 times)

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
Len'en Project Translation (now with its own wiki!)
« on: January 26, 2015, 05:10:31 AM »
Good job so far everyone! Keep up the good work!
I wanted to move things to the Len'en wiki myself, but I never got around to it. Thanks to whoever moved it for me!

For those of you who are unaware, the Len'en project is a series of danmaku shooting games created by Jinx (the same guy who created those neat looking pc-98 "remakes" for April Fools and christmas). It's sort of a spinoff of Touhou, and while it makes a few nods to Touhou in it's style, it is its own game with its own set of characters. (more info here).

Now then, there are three games to the project thus far:

Evanescent Existence

Earthen Miraculous Sword

Reactivate Majestical Imperial

The first game has full translations available.

The second game has some translations available.

The third game was released recently, and thus has practically no translations available.

The translations for all of EE and Yabusame's main scenario in EMS are currently supported by my custom overlay application!

And you can get the games from here.

The following list is a recommended order of translation. Note that this is only the recommended order, and things can be translated out of order if you wish:

TODO:
- EMS Yabusame's Extra Scenario [UP NEXT!]
- EMS Tsubakura's Scenario (Stages 4-6)
- EMS Tsubakura's Bad Ending
- EMS Tsubakura's Good Ending (there is both an A and B ending. Don't think there's any difference.)
- EMS Tsubakura's Extra Scenario
- EMS Kuroji's Scenario (All Stages)
- EMS Kuroji's Bad Ending
- EMS Kuroji's Good Ending (there is both an A and B ending. Don't think there's any difference.)
- EMS Kuroji's Extra Scenario
- RMI Profiles [COMPLETE]
- RMI Prologue
- RMI Yabusame and Tsubakura's Scenario
- RMI Yabusame and Tsubakura's Bad Ending
- RMI Yabusame and Tsubakura's Good Ending (there is both an A and B ending. Don't think there's any difference.)
- RMI Yabusame and Tsubakura's Extra Scenario
- RMI Yabusame and Tsubakura's Extra +α Scenario
- RMI Yaorochi and Sukune's Scenario
- RMI Yaorochi and Sukune's Bad Ending
- RMI Yaorochi and Sukune's Good Ending (there is both an A and B ending. Don't think there's any difference.)
- RMI Yaorochi and Sukune's Extra Scenario
- RMI Yaorochi and Sukune's Extra +α Scenario
- RMI Kuroji and Saragimaru's Scenario
- RMI Kuroji and Saragimaru's Bad Ending
- RMI Kuroji and Saragimaru's Good Ending (there is both an A and B ending. Don't think there's any difference.)
- RMI Kuroji and Saragimaru's Extra Scenario
- RMI Kuroji and Saragimaru's Extra +α Scenario

Updates:
(5-14-15): Translations have been moved! Thought I'd edit this post as a result. I also added a mention to my overlay translation project. Also kicked the EMS translations to the top of the list. I need more content for the translation overlay.

(3-1-2015): The last of the character profiles for RMI have been translated! Thanks to everyone for their hard work and support! I also added a TODO list, for a preferred order of things.

(2-15-2015): Someone moved the profiles into their own character pages! I changed the original post very slightly to reflect this. Please note that if you want to edit the profiles now, you need to go to that character's page. And thanks for your continued support!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:52:36 AM by Tsurubami Senri »
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
Re: Len'en Project Translation
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 07:18:32 AM »
It's finally happening!

I'm afraid that I can't do translations. In fact, I can't even play RMI smoothly.

But I'll wish you good luck, and I hope I'll be able to play at least EE patched (or better, get a new machine and be able to play even RMI).
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 12:47:10 PM »
It's finally happening!

I'm afraid that I can't do translations. In fact, I can't even play RMI smoothly.

But I'll wish you good luck, and I hope I'll be able to play at least EE patched (or better, get a new machine and be able to play even RMI).

Well, I don't plan on making a patch any time soon, though getting an email translated and sent to Jinx requesting the source code is on my priorities list, once more of the games have been translated. I appreciate the support though!
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 05:45:23 PM »
I thought someone had mentioned back when the whole Absurdly Extra patch for RMI was made that the methods they used could be used to edit the game text, but I forgot who it was that said that.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »
I thought someone had mentioned back when the whole Absurdly Extra patch for RMI was made that the methods they used could be used to edit the game text, but I forgot who it was that said that.

Interesting.... I might take a peek at this. Any information helps!

EDIT: Already found your old posts on the subject. If someone could decrypt those data files it looks like it might be possible? idk, I'm a programmer, not a hacker. I don't do much hex editing.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:50:54 PM by Yoshiquest »
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 05:48:05 AM »
I think the answer is no but just making sure... this jinx isn't an alternate name for Len from Phantasm romance is it? I only ask cuz 'len'en' project.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 06:16:21 AM »
JynX is not Len. JynX made the Re: PC-98 April Fools Day things and Unreasonable Mechanism, and AFAIK he doesn't work in Danmakufu as Len does.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 06:30:39 AM »
JynX is not Len. JynX made the Re: PC-98 April Fools Day things and Unreasonable Mechanism, and AFAIK he doesn't work in Danmakufu as Len does.

I don't think he made Unreasonable Mechanism. That looked like someone else's work.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 02:01:19 PM »
I don't think he made Unreasonable Mechanism. That looked like someone else's work.

Yeah, I don't think he made that later, especially since it isn't on his download page.

Speaking of which, I should probably add a link to that download page when I can.
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 04:36:20 PM »
I didn't think Unreasonable Mechanism was ever downloadable to begin with, but I could be wrong. I swore he was the one who made that, though.

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2015, 05:26:11 PM »
I didn't think Unreasonable Mechanism was ever downloadable to begin with, but I could be wrong. I swore he was the one who made that, though.

Looks like it was the same person who made the touhou all star medley. So I don't THINK it was Jinx...

Anyways, has anyone translated anything yet? I think I saw a few updates from a couple days ago...
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 05:27:22 PM »
I can play RMI on my computer...?

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 06:19:57 PM »
I can play RMI on my computer...?

Whoops! Was thinking of Fluff. Editted the post shortly after I posted it, but I guess you read the original :P
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 09:34:25 PM »
Is there any priority order to translations? I translated a bit of text from Mystical Power Plant and I can try to translate some text from Len'En project too since I love it :)
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 11:29:59 PM »
Is there any priority order to translations? I translated a bit of text from Mystical Power Plant and I can try to translate some text from Len'En project too since I love it :)

Well, I think a good start would be the character profiles for RMI. Until those are translated, we will know very little about them. After that, the rest of RMI (gameplay-translations) takes priority, then the RMI prologue, and then EMS takes a bit of a lower priority.
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 09:14:03 PM »
Just thought I'd mention that Jinx announced the next Len'en  game! It looks.... kinda odd tbh. The interface looks like you'll be "navigating" through a series of stages. Can't wait though!

Also, Kaze, is the translation coming along?
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 03:21:32 AM »

Also, Kaze, is the translation coming along?

I didn't touched the TLs yet, I plan to do that tomorrow after one job interview.

Just thought I'd mention that Jinx announced the next Len'en  game! It looks.... kinda odd tbh. The interface looks like you'll be "navigating" through a series of stages. Can't wait though!

YES YES
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 03:48:27 AM »
I didn't touched the TLs yet, I plan to do that tomorrow after one job interview.

Ok. Good to know that someone is finally doing some translations! Thank you!
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 09:31:11 PM »
Ok. Good to know that someone is finally doing some translations! Thank you!

Today I started to play with some profiles there, tomorrow I'll try to work more and do bit by bit everyday. Feel free to change anything that is wrong there since my English isn't so good.

OMG the other profiles are so big.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 10:46:22 PM »
Today I started to play with some profiles there, tomorrow I'll try to work more and do bit by bit everyday. Feel free to change anything that is wrong there since my English isn't so good.

OMG the other profiles are so big.

Good job! *gives internet cookie*

I think I might see a few grammar errors, but I think I'll wait until you've worked on it a bit more to fix them.

I don't particularly care how long it takes, of course. I just want to be able to understand what's going on! I'll pitch in where I can too though, probably by using Google Translate on some of the more ambiguous parts.

Hail Senri!
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 06:48:49 AM »
Edited the OP, please read it for details.
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 03:21:26 AM »
I tried my best at Taira's TL so I am moving to the next sections, requesting TL and English review there.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 03:41:28 AM »
I tried my best at Taira's TL so I am moving to the next sections, requesting TL and English review there.

Ok then. As it turns out, it looks like I'll have to make an account on the touhou wiki after all (I thought I had one, but I didn't). I'll see what I can do about revising what's there.

In the meantime, I guess the next one is Shion (who I don't think is as long as Taira's). And thanks for your continued support!

Hail Senri!
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 04:51:25 AM »
Requesting TL and English review for Shion and Tenkai's profile too.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 05:58:32 AM »
Good work so far Kaze! You're doing good! Lot's of progress has been made on the profiles, now only extra Sese's profile is left.

As for looking them over, I need to create an account on the touhou wiki first (thought the one on the Len'en wiki would work. It doesn't). But when I eventually get around to doing that, then I'll correct some of the things I've been seeing.

After Sese's extra profile, we can either start translating the actually dialogue, or translate the prologue first. I'll leave it up to you.

Oh, and I am checking the wiki for updates every once in a while, so I have been keeping close track of the progress that has been made.

Hail Senri!
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 06:03:28 AM »
The last of the profile translations have been completed! Rejoice!

The OP has been updated accordingly, and I also added a TODO list! I hope it's helpful!

We have a long way to go, but I know we can do it! Thank you so much!
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
Re: Len'en Project Translation (now with it's own wiki!)
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2015, 07:47:41 PM »
Updated in order to support the fact that Lenen now has its own wiki.
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
Re: Len'en Project Translation (now with its own wiki!)
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2015, 12:59:07 AM »
This is just to let you know that Len'en information has been moved to http://lenen.shoutwiki.com/. I heard that there was a wiki on Wikia but I thought it was being wound down because of the move to Shoutwiki.

Yoshiquest

• Some weird programmer
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2015, 04:49:36 AM »
This is just to let you know that Len'en information has been moved to http://lenen.shoutwiki.com/. I heard that there was a wiki on Wikia but I thought it was being wound down because of the move to Shoutwiki.

Oh thanks! I'll update the info again with this one instead....
Sudo make me a sandwich.

Drake

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2015, 09:22:52 AM »
Unreasonable Mechanism and Touhou Danmaku All Stars were made by yuke. They aren't distributed. His mylist is here: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/21772560

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -