Author Topic: Alice's Dolls [Casual Game]  (Read 4724 times)

Alice's Dolls [Casual Game]
« on: January 21, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »
Alice's Dolls the first game by Otaku Brigade is now released!

It is free for download!

The game that features Alice Margatroid and her dolls, Hourai and Shanghai from ZUN's hit game, Touhou.

Click the dolls! Tap the dolls of Alice before they may kill you!
A very simple game that is enjoyable.

Multiple game modes to be unlocked:

ENDURANCE
Tap as many dolls as you can within the time limit without clicking the traps.
Reach 1500 points to unlock Doll Trap.

DOLL TRAP
Find the unique doll hiding behind the trap dolls within the time limit.
Reach 700 points to unlock Time-Attack and Alice Tag.

TIME-ATTACK
Click as many dolls as you can within your chosen time.

ALICE TAG
Click as many dolls as you can within the time limit without clicking the traps. And click Alice to get a BIG REWARD!

Get your copy and play now!

Requirements:

Windows XP and up.

Download it here.

THANK YOU and ENJOY!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:28:55 AM by aoiusui »

RuneDevros

• Professor Dr. Momoneko-sama
    • Lost Sky Project
Re: Alice's Dolls [Casual Game]
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 05:13:28 PM »
Only played the tutorial so far, but I had a lot of fun with it!

1.0.0 is here (2/13/14) |  My Twitter | My Tumblr

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 06:28:22 PM »
Ah, is there any video of playthrough? I'd prefer to watch some gameplay before I try it out for myself XD

RuneDevros

• Lost Sky Project
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 10:23:13 PM »
Yeah I think screenshots might be helpful. Had no idea what I was getting into. For Miransu, this is a game that tests your reflexes. You're given a bunch of dolls you have to click on to clear and some dolls are dangerous to click on.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 11:11:53 PM »
Sound cool!

I will give it a try when my crap internet lets me download it...

EDIT:

OK I have gave it a try already.

Its pretty good! Just like the OP says, "A very simple game that is enjoyable."  That's probably the best description.

Only thing is that I found the hit detection a bit off, but overall this is indeed good, particularly if it were to be in android and the like. I can see myself playing this on the android a lot!

+Simple and enjoyable (As any self-respecting Casual game should be!)
+Would be great for Android (And apparently it is in there too)
+I always liked Alice and her dolls, lol (I guess personal opinions don't count xD)

-Hit detection is a bit off. Even then, when you hover over a certain doll, it will change its posture, so you know whenever to actually click or not. The hit detection would be more of a problem in Android, where you cant just "Hover" over a doll...Or maybe its just me?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 12:09:23 AM by IlikeBulletZ »

FlamingRok

• Rena is pleased with your efforts.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 01:03:10 AM »
This game is fun when you play Endurance. You have enough time to see if you're clicking the wrong doll or not, and it's not too much time where it becomes too easy. There are a few situations where you cannot actually progress without losing points, which is a grating issue, but not so much in Endurance. No, where it really is a problem, and where it MUST be refined is in Doll Trap. The trap dolls WILL overlap the real doll so much, that you can't actually win without losing all your points. I've actually went from 200 points down to none because of the shoddy doll spawning. I cannot complete Doll Trap because of this very reason.

Hopefully issues like these can be resolved, as I can see this becoming a very fun experience otherwise.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 03:10:41 AM »
Thank you for playing my simple game. I really appreciate it and I feel motivated.

Almost everyone who gave their opinions have something to say about Doll Trap mode. I guess I'm going to check what can I do to improve it.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 03:16:41 PM »
This game is fun when you play Endurance. You have enough time to see if you're clicking the wrong doll or not, and it's not too much time where it becomes too easy. There are a few situations where you cannot actually progress without losing points, which is a grating issue, but not so much in Endurance. No, where it really is a problem, and where it MUST be refined is in Doll Trap. The trap dolls WILL overlap the real doll so much, that you can't actually win without losing all your points. I've actually went from 200 points down to none because of the shoddy doll spawning. I cannot complete Doll Trap because of this very reason.

Hopefully issues like these can be resolved, as I can see this becoming a very fun experience otherwise.

I agree with this, Endurance is (Mostly) fine as it is, dolls don't USUALLY overlap.

But Doll Trap is... certainly would benefit from an improvement. Right now it just feels like you are at the mercy of RNG, whenever the game makes the good doll be covered by like 5-6 trap dolls, its pretty much GG to your points (I got up to 2000 points.... NEGATIVE 2000 points! LMAO!!!). On a side note, I am not sure if it is a good idea to allow you to get to negative points in the first place, instead of just capping at 0 points, should at least not make the penality so harsh... but thats just my opinion.

BTW I downloaded this for Android, it actually doesn't plays worse there that in PC. In fact, I somehow got 2000+ points in Endurance there when I didn't reach 1000 on PC...I don't know why but its OK xD.

EDIT: OK I beat Doll Trap with 1000+ Points thanks to begin really, REALLY carefull + Great RNG...

Alice Tag crashed mmy game on cellphone 2 times. Or at least it seemed like it did- it send me to my cellphone desktop... like, for no reason at all, while I was playing... WTF?

Oh well still, great game to kill some time lol.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 06:52:42 PM by IlikeBulletZ »

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2015, 01:46:18 PM »
In regards to the crash report, we are now in the process of fixing it. Thank you.

One more thing, I'm currently fixing Doll Trap. We tweaked a little on the positioning.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:01:04 PM by aoiusui »

RuneDevros

• Lost Sky Project
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2015, 07:53:08 PM »
I'm impressed that this is being done with the Renpy engine (as far as I can tell). How hard was it to add these mechanics to your game?

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 06:23:48 AM »
It took me several months to discover that it can be made using Ren'py. But the production of this game took me about more or less 2 months now. its not that hard. I'm a kind of person who is not fond of programming.

Please check-out again the new version of the game!

In ver. 1.0.2:
Fixed a bug in Alice Tag reported by IlikeBulletZ.
Improved the Doll Trap and Alice Tag.