Author Topic: Touhou Smash Bros Project (Development & info thread)  (Read 161659 times)

Re: Touhou Smash Bros Project (Development & info thread)
« Reply #420 on: January 18, 2015, 12:19:21 PM »
Oooo that's a good catch... .I'll work on it :)

Eiburine

• Ferrero Rocher Lover
« Reply #421 on: January 19, 2015, 03:46:33 AM »
Hello :3 I commented on the slow motion Sakuya video but i guess you missed it XD
It's a little nitpicky, but I'd like to point out that a proper curtsy is usually done with the right foot behind the left :3
And by that, I mean the right foot should cross behind instead of just extending it back XD
In the taunts and sfx vid, the Sakuya on the right side, (the blue one), really does look like she's just bending down.

Because the taunt goes so fast, may I also suggest emphasizing the arms a little? :3 It looks like she is just stretching her skirt XD
When she bends down, raise the arms and shoulders very slightly, and then lower them on the way up.
The way you animated it, it seems like you simply returned the arms to her default, crossed arms position when the taunt ends, so maybe you should lower them back down, and complete the curtsy before returning to the default pose. :D

Hope this helps :)

« Reply #422 on: January 19, 2015, 05:21:23 AM »
Just a few more bugs I found today:

When a percentage goes above 999% (Reimu's down spell + side b seems a bit overpowered), the first digit starts to be replaced by random symbols - at first things like % and "HP", but eventually stranger things like the dots used to represent stocks and a box. Just making 999 the maximum percentage should fix this easily.

Holding down one direction while you're already dashing in one makes you kind of run in place. Pressing the left and right buttons at the same makes you do a kind of hyper dash dance. These probably won't be an issue when using an actual controller instead of the keyboard, although they could make for some interesting mind games.

I'm not too sure why it happened and I can't replicate it, but the spell circle once stayed around Sakuya during her final smash instead of shrinking away. Also, while it's not so much a bug, you can use the final smash right after an up throw and your opponent cannot do anything about it. I haven't gotten the chance to play with anyone else yet, but it looks like this could be a guaranteed kill off of a grab from moderate percents (good knife setups can do 30-40%, and you can catch them with a side smash as they're falling in hitstun).

In any case, I'm still having a lot of fun exploring the demo. Looking forward to trying it with my friends, and hopefully development will still go smoothly without the campaign~

Edit: Just tried it to make sure, and wow can Sakuya's World be strong; good knife setups can actually lead to 80-90%, and therefore a 0-death out of a grab.  :V
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:27:29 AM by Mach131 »

DZL

« Reply #423 on: January 19, 2015, 05:20:53 PM »
Not sure if this is intentional, but if you use Sakuya's final smash as they're about to respawn, it'll eat their invincibility frames.
This doesn't happen with roll's invincibility frames as far as I know.

DZL

« Reply #424 on: January 20, 2015, 02:14:31 AM »
Found another bug.
If you jump/float in the air, you can spam the taunt button so you can stay in the air for a very long time.

Kenta Kurodani

• That guy from IRC
  • Don't mind me, I'm no threat to your high scores
« Reply #425 on: January 23, 2015, 04:42:27 PM »
I'm not sure if this is breaching the previous topics of discussion, this isn't about the crowdfunding or anything like that, mods feel free to move this to the other thread if deemed it belongs there.  I just had an idea for how you could release this easier for you. What you could do is make your original game, release it how you will, but in the PC version, include mod support. With this, when you are able to get the resources together, you could release a semi-official FREE touhou skin/voice/etc pack. Dunno if that's a great idea, just something that popped into my head.

« Reply #426 on: January 24, 2015, 10:03:44 PM »
I'm not sure if this is breaching the previous topics of discussion, this isn't about the crowdfunding or anything like that, mods feel free to move this to the other thread if deemed it belongs there.  I just had an idea for how you could release this easier for you. What you could do is make your original game, release it how you will, but in the PC version, include mod support. With this, when you are able to get the resources together, you could release a semi-official FREE touhou skin/voice/etc pack. Dunno if that's a great idea, just something that popped into my head.
I just want to state that there is a good reason why I didn't respond after my last post, and for those of you who want to, I suppose you could call it a form of ignoring: I was tired, so I went to sleep, I only got up and back on my computer a few hours after noon. In case it's not clear: it is not very easy to read and respond to comments while asleep.

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #427 on: January 24, 2015, 10:49:38 PM »
I just want to state that there is a good reason why I didn't respond after my last post, and for those of you who want to, I suppose you could call it a form of ignoring: I was tired, so I went to sleep, I only got up and back on my computer a few hours after noon. In case it's not clear: it is not very easy to read and respond to comments while asleep.
To be blunt, adding mod support and encouraging people to do more touhou and such would blow most of the other smashers out the water if you do it right.