Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (Judging Complete!)  (Read 47315 times)

BobTheTanuki

• Ph3?
  • What is it?
Re: Danmakufu Contest: Contradictory Catastrophe!
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2015, 07:14:45 AM »
As i already said I'm taking Sanae and Suwako

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe!
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2015, 02:07:07 AM »
TWO WEEKS REMAINING!

At this time, I would like to state my current plans for what will occur at the deadline.

Sometime after the deadline, new submissions will be closed, and I will do a stream of all the entries, pointing out various things. From the end of the stream, contestants will have Exactly 24 hours to fix any last-minute bugs/address issues that came up in the stream. Once those 24 hours are up, judging will begin.

Once judging has started, you may not update your project until judging has been completed.

The order in which DNHArt videos will be made depends on the scripter's satisfaction with the current state of the script. If he or she would like to submit updates after judging is completed, I will postpone the creation of the video until the updated version is released.

~~~Sparen of Ir?a

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2015, 07:51:19 PM »
I have decided to include Tewi in my submission because I was going to have her appear in one of the spellcards anyway.

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2015, 08:36:35 PM »
...The opposite of their ability, huh?

Alright, i'll do...umm...Kyouko! Because apparently the opposite of Reflect is Absorb.
Looks like I don't need a signature either...

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2015, 08:55:18 PM »
...The opposite of their ability, huh?

Alright, i'll do...umm...Kyouko! Because apparently the opposite of Reflect is Absorb.

Please ASK before ripping someone's background this time, OK?

Also, what should I call you? 'The Terrible Bullet Dodger' is sort of long, and that's what you're currently known as on Youtube. I will use auto2112 unless you state otherwise.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2015, 09:35:47 PM »
To be honest I would kind of like people to not keep track of who's doing what. It kind of ruins the surprise, as a player who's watching the contest and as a judge XD

TTBD

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »
Please ASK before ripping someone's background this time, OK?

Also, what should I call you? 'The Terrible Bullet Dodger' is sort of long, and that's what you're currently known as on Youtube. I will use auto2112 unless you state otherwise.

Yeah, call me auto2112. I'm gonna ask AJS if I can use their background from the Celestial Showdown script.  :V I'm probably gonna use the default ph3 background. :L
Also, I guess Mystia's ability (if it was reversed) would be to make places bright? Either that or to make people actually like her songs.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:52:48 PM by auto2112 »

TTBD

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2015, 11:05:57 PM »
Sorry for Double Post, but I have a question. Do I PM the download to you? I'm putting it on bulletforge, but i'm not sure.  :V
giant download is giant

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »
Sorry for Double Post, but I have a question. Do I PM the download to you? I'm putting it on bulletforge, but i'm not sure.  :V
giant download is giant

Read the Opening Post. And remember that I'm not the only judge, and that one of the judges doesn't use MotK very much if at all. :)

TTBD

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2015, 11:36:15 PM »
I don't see anything, but i'm guessing I have to PM (mainly since it says that judges must pm reviews). When it's finished uploading, i'll submit it.
Yes. I am very quick at making scripts.  :V

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2015, 11:42:20 PM »
I don't see anything, but i'm guessing I have to PM (mainly since it says that judges must pm reviews). When it's finished uploading, i'll submit it.
Yes. I am very quick at making scripts.  :V

Should be clearer now.

I forgot that you're new to the forums - in general, every participant posts their entry on the thread once it's done.

TTBD

« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2015, 03:58:28 PM »
Should be clearer now.

I forgot that you're new to the forums - in general, every participant posts their entry on the thread once it's done.

Oh, so I don't PM it? Alright then.  :derp:

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2015, 02:23:20 AM »
Let's see if I can pull a gtbot and submit last second.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2015, 02:27:01 AM »
Let's see if I can pull a gtbot and submit last second.

Please do. Just remember that gtbot failed to pull a gtbot last time and still has not pulled off his gtbot. WHERE IS THAT ENTRY. :)

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2015, 05:38:03 PM »
Not a big deal, but if a song were on nico but not on youtube would it still be a problem as far as videos go? Also, happy early/belated/actual birthday, Sparen.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2015, 07:54:03 PM »
Not a big deal, but if a song were on nico but not on youtube would it still be a problem as far as videos go? Also, happy early/belated/actual birthday, Sparen.

Thanks. As for the music, if it is a Touhou remix, it shouldn't be a problem. I'll allow it, but do be aware that if I get a takedown notice, the video of your script will have to be taken down.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2015, 08:24:43 PM »
Unrelated to the actual contest, but please remind me to list contest #11 #12 and this one on the FAQ Hall of Fame page with the other contests once this contest is over.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »
Unrelated to the actual contest, but please remind me to list contest #11 #12 and this one on the FAQ Hall of Fame page with the other contests once this contest is over.

AAA: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=16636.0
ICM: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=17453.0

There was also a Halloween Contest, but I did not include that in the numbering for a number of reasons.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:11:54 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu Contest (RaNGE 13): Contradictory Catastrophe! (EXTENSION)
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2015, 03:47:30 AM »
Deadline Extension

So I've been thinking about this for a while, but I've decided that I will extend the deadline by 3 days from Monday, February 16, 2015 to Thursday, February 19, 2015. This is due to various things shoving themselves onto Monday night, some of which are mandatory for me.

Once again, at 5 PM EST on February 19, 2015, new submissions will no longer be allowed. I currently plan to stream all entries at 7:30 PM EST (this is not official judging), and you will have until 24 hours after the end of the stream to update your projects. After that, judging will begin and you may not update projects until judging has been completed.

If you do not want me to make a video of the judged version for improvement purposes, please notify me. Make sure to submit by posting on this thread: remember that you should host on Bulletforge and follow the submission guidelines in the Opening Post.

Additionally, it is not mandatory that you announce who your bosses are on this thread. Anyone can submit provided they notify me (and preferably Trickysticks) about their submission. It is highly encouraged that they register for an account on MotK and post, however, as that is better for organizational purposes.

One week left from today with the new guidelines. Continue Danmaku'ing!

P.S. As of now, my university has done some really strange things to Skype, so I cannot actually communicate with my fellow judges in my dorm room. We have yet to finalize a rubric (if we are to have one), and we currently do not have a means of dealing with any 0.12m entries. Personally, I propose that out of the 20 points per judge, we sum the squares of the top three scores of the four, and for 0.12m entries, my score will count as a 0. Judges: if you have alternate ideas, send me an e-mail or talk to me on Facebook/Twitter.

Edit @Feb 13, 2015: For further clarification, it is fine to use ZUN, CtC, SCC graphics, etc. in this contest.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 01:00:54 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2015, 04:56:59 AM »
Just out of curiosity, how many of the people who showed interest in participating are actually planning to submit something? I ask partially out of curiosity and partially because I want to have a better sense of the time I will need to stream the entries (I have a major exam the morning after the contest deadline).

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2015, 07:15:17 AM »
Me. it's almost done. I just need to upload some stuff and I hope there is other entry...

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2015, 11:16:16 AM »
Just out of curiosity, how many of the people who showed interest in participating are actually planning to submit something? I ask partially out of curiosity and partially because I want to have a better sense of the time I will need to stream the entries (I have a major exam the morning after the contest deadline).
I might put something out if I can do more than one thing a day.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2015, 02:39:14 PM »
For reference, the way I will compute the scores is based on the average of the individual attacks, and it's always better to have fewer, higher quality spells than a lot of boring and repetitive ones. There is no shame in barely meeting a minimum requirement if you do a good job with it.

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2015, 04:15:42 PM »
If I put a link to my submission candidate here to get some feedback before the deadline, would that be okay? I'm guessing since it might be different during the tweaking period, there shouldn't be a problem. Actually, I won't be able to catch the stream anyway because I would be sleeping at that time.  :V

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
  • I can cut people with all this edge
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2015, 04:40:41 PM »

For sure ill be submitting obvs :v , whether ill just submit it and fuck it all with one difficulty or ill take advantage of that 1 day upgrading period after submitting idk , im kinda stuck on 3 more patterns for koakuma , after that the long process of multiple difficulties implementing
いつもニコニコあなたの隣に這いよる!生放送!は好き。月です~す。略してニコニャル
Learned how to use a custom shotsheet : 12/28/13 *clapclapclap*
東方謎佚光 ~ Dimensional Light Abscence Work In Progress Touhou Fangame

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2015, 04:50:43 PM »
Yeah, I tried to be experimental and it didn't work out so well. I can't gurantee the quality, but I'l definitely submit something.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

TTBD

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2015, 04:53:05 PM »
I'm probably not gonna submit mine, since I'm probably gonna be late. Sorry.  :(

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2015, 07:49:49 PM »
Yeah, I tried to be experimental and it didn't work out so well. I can't gurantee the quality, but I'l definitely submit something.

As long as you've tried your best. :)

For sure ill be submitting obvs :v , whether ill just submit it and fuck it all with one difficulty or ill take advantage of that 1 day upgrading period after submitting idk , im kinda stuck on 3 more patterns for koakuma , after that the long process of multiple difficulties implementing

One difficulty is fine as long as there are a reasonable number of lives and the difficulty is not murderously hard.

I'm probably not gonna submit mine, since I'm probably gonna be late. Sorry.  :(

That's perfectly fine - it's up to you what you want to do.

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2015, 08:52:25 PM »
So I post the first entry:
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/lefkada/p/range-13-contradictory-catastrophe-entry-lettyxlily/v/10b

and the full run video (/! it spoil all the script)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERe_LaJLqA (normal run)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWqV7MATm70 (hard run)

Do the same everyone o/. Post more entry!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:56:58 PM by Lefkada »

Hope ♦ Metal

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »
More entry up in this bitch.

I forgot my BulletForge password because I set it to something stupid, so we gotta use Dropbox and stuff.

It doesn't even have sound effects or music or a background or any cut-in things. or any spell card names showing up. (But the names are in the spellComments.txt in the order in which they appear.)

EDIT: UPDATED: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8ofcbyvv61l1dv/RaNGE13CCPTv02.zip?dl=0

EDIT (2015-02-19): LAST UPDATE BEFORE TWEAKING PERIOD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v77orsytyh9xhv2/RaNGE13CCPTv03.zip?dl=0
EDIT (2015-02-20): LAST UPDATE FOR REALSIES: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aeh4i473dtvnyha/RaNGE13CCPTvfinal.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:57:23 PM by Rumia w/ a chest-mouth »