Author Topic: what Touhou theme makes the best ringtone?  (Read 9657 times)

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
what Touhou theme makes the best ringtone?
« on: January 02, 2015, 01:51:47 AM »
Bearing in mind that we only ever hear the intro of a ringtone, what touhou theme would be the best one?

Because my ringtone seems to be the standard android ringtone, I keep wondering if it is my phone or sombody else's that's going off. Seeing as I carry enough vocaloid merch around with me (a Miku wallet, a leek necklace and usually a t-shirt) a vocaloid ringtone would be overkill and folk metal isn't too suiting to a ringtone. Therefor a touhou theme would be ideal for a ringtone.

Thing is - which one is best?

I first thought that Minoriko's would be best which I'm still leaning on using. It has a fast paced opening which is enough to get you to race to pick it up before the melody. Plus it's short.

My now 9 year old brother (it's his birthday today) recommended Suwako's theme. It has a really epic build up. It's only problem is that I listen to it too much.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Re: what Touhou theme makes the best ringtone?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 02:06:08 AM »
Well I have a ringtone I found and its a 8 bit remix of bad apple!!, but with my phone not working I haven't heard it in months. Do you plan on making your own? What phone do you have, android, iphone, standard?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 03:19:45 AM »
Well I have a ringtone I found and its a 8 bit remix of bad apple!!, but with my phone not working I haven't heard it in months. Do you plan on making your own? What phone do you have, android, iphone, standard?

I plan on just using an in game touhou theme from one of the games. I own an android phone.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 03:35:21 AM »
Personally, I've used "Village in the Dead of Night" from HM (it's very loud very sudden but isn't overly energetic), "The Sealed Away Youkai ~ Lost Place" from SA (it's intro is nice because it's sudden and loud, letting you know you have a call, then it mellows out so it doesn't keep blasting at you), "Eternal Night Vignette ~ Eastern Night" from IN (it's loud but peaceful), and "Eastern Youkai Beauty" from IN (it's short and loud enough that it works well for a ringtone. That said, it's so energetic it gets pretty embarassing if it goes off in a weird place).

I can also recommend "Scarlet Symphony ~ Scarlet Phomene" from LLS. Because that's about the only thing it's good for.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 08:32:25 AM »
Can't you just use Audacity to cut out to the part you want to start from?
If we're talking just intros, then Reimu's Maiden's Capriccio ~ Dream Battle might work. The intro is quiet and extended enough that you may possibly be able to answer the phone before the main tune kicks in. It's also short enough that you can still hear the theme if you don't make it in time.
I find the intros to Bamboo Forest of the Full Moon and Welcome to the Youkai Temple to be kind of mischievous and ringtone-y.
Alternatively, you could go for Starry Sky of Small Desires for dat untz.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 05:19:34 PM »

This.

Also, I used Satori Maiden - 3rd Eye for a while, and that worked pretty well. The intro is that nice piano trill, so even answered on the first ring it was pleasant.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 05:32:23 PM »
Nitori's theme Candid Friend is what I used to use. Great intro to the theme and fits very well imo.

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 07:27:40 PM »
Apparitions Stalk the Night has a pretty good intro and could make for a pretty groovy ringtone.  Higan Retour ~ Riverside View also has a good ringtone-material intro.  I've done some looking around through the game soundtracks, and have put together a list of some more songs with some particularly noteworthy intros that could make for ringtones that nobody has mentioned yet.
Dullahan Under the Willows
Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess
Shanghai Teahouse ~ Chinese Tea (the EoSD version in this case)
The Positive and Negative
Now, Until the Moment You Die
Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator (either version's fine)
Select Performer (HM soundtrack)
Stirring an Autumn Moon ~ Mooned Insect
Green-Eyed Jealousy
Legend of the Great Gods (in this case, the Ten Desires "spirit trance" version)

Of course, if you just crop stuff to the main theme, lots of Touhou songs would make for good ringtones.  I for one like Crystallized Silver (Letty's theme) or the official remix of Crimson in the Black Sea ~ Legendary Fish (Iku's theme) as potential ringtones, but that's just me.

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 09:07:52 PM »
I used to have true administrator as my ringtone for a very long time until I figured out how to change it...
The repetitive nature of it helps identify it quickly.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 11:08:38 PM »
I think you're misinterpreting me. I don't actually know what song I should use in the first place - that's what I'm looking for.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 12:53:34 AM »
I think you're misinterpreting me. I don't actually know what song I should use in the first place - that's what I'm looking for.
If you can cut out to the part you want to hear, then ignore the intros and just choose a theme with a tune you like. And if that tune isn't suitable for a ringtone, then find an arrangement/remix that is.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 06:53:53 PM »
Mine is the beginning part (from 00:12 to 00:30 or so) of Mystic Oriental Love Consultation. It's been like this for over a year now, works great.
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 11:20:53 PM »
Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke

It gets more and more intense as the phone rings :V

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Solmyr2000

• 不思議の国のアリス
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 12:14:26 AM »
I've had Immortal Smoke, Locked Girl, 3rd eye and Diao Ye Zong as my ringtones for 3 years and I have no complaints :derp:

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 12:35:21 AM »
Right now I have Player's Score from MoF on, but it's not working particularly well....
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 01:28:41 AM »
Kogasa's theme is my current ringtone.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 01:04:23 PM »
I would recommend Seija theme in DDC, what's the title? Ideology Reversed? Or Kobito of the Shining Needle.

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 03:22:22 PM »
I would recommend Seija theme in DDC, what's the title? Ideology Reversed? Or Kobito of the Shining Needle.

Reverse Ideology. Kobito of the Shining Needle is Sukana's theme.

I don't use my phone often, but I just use Nuclear Fusion with the caution siren's edited into the beginning of it.

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2015, 04:35:54 PM »
Reverse Ideology. Kobito of the Shining Needle is Sukana's theme.
Thanks for clarifying it. Seija must have flip out the title.
I myself uses Phantom Ensemble for my alarm.

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 09:23:22 AM »
Midnight Fairy Dance is the ringtone for me. I also use Earth Spirits' Homecoming when I need a gentle alarm.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 02:46:56 AM »
Magus Night, immortal smoke, native faith.  Gotta go with something impactful right off the bat.

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »
I'm almost a week late for this one, but here's my input on the topic.
Be of Good Cheer - Corpse Voyage. It's a favorite of mine honestly. But it's not exactly the best ringtone, it's more alarm tone type tone.

Faith is for the Transient People is a good one for me too. But honestly, they seem to fit the role much better when they're remixed well.

Lunatic Eyes - Invisible Full Moon is the final one I use a lot. This ones good enough without a remix, but remixes are good too.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »
Magus Night, immortal smoke, native faith.  Gotta go with something impactful right off the bat.

Do you think this remix of Magus Night have enough impact?  :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOXJqqCPWKo

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »
utsuho's theme would make for a good ringtone.