Author Topic: Assassination Classroom: Thread Time  (Read 11412 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Assassination Classroom: Thread Time
« on: January 10, 2015, 11:41:13 PM »
Ansatsu Kyoushitu, or Assassination Classroom (AssClass) finally has an anime! How has no one talked about this yet? Travesty! It's like my favorite current manga.

Plot Summary: The story of how Nagisa slowly becomes a badass, while occasionally getting shipped with Karma.

Well, as much as that is true, it goes more along the lines of: An octopus-shaped not-technically-an-alien alien destroys the moon and then announces to the world that he's going to destroy the world in a year. However, he's going to give the Earth a chance to kill him on the condition that he be allowed to teach at a certain very discriminatory, socially stratified, darwinistic middle school in, you guessed it, Japan. So the students have to become mini-assassins, trying to kill their teacher while also going about their 'normal' school life.

It's mostly a strange sort of school life/slice of life show that derives most its awesomeness from the bizarre juxtaposing of a relatively normal school life setting with the cool assassination related stuff they have to undertake.
Watch/read, be amazed.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
Re: Assassination Classroom: Thread Time
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 11:56:49 PM »
I really like this manga, Koro-sensei is awesome and it's very... Shonen Jump-ey.

I have high expectations for this one, and first EP was kinda good, so I'm not worried.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 04:37:35 AM »
If you haven't watched it already, there was a ~37m ova that came out last november.

Es bueno, am looking forward to more episodes.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 05:24:28 AM »
If you haven't watched it already, there was a ~37m ova that came out last november.
Oh yeah that ova. I forget what it was about but i remember watching it.
I feel like Kayano should get Nagisa's voice, while
Spoiler:
he himself
should get someone with a bit deeper of a voice. I'll probably get over it soon enough though.

Sahgren

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 06:29:26 PM »
I feel like Kayano should get Nagisa's voice, while
Spoiler:
he himself
should get someone with a bit deeper of a voice. I'll probably get over it soon enough though.

I actually really like Nagisa's voice. It's a good setup for some of the gags later.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 07:32:47 PM »
I actually really like Nagisa's voice. It's a good setup for some of the gags later.
It does, but the gags do leave a bad taste in your mouth, retrospectively, because of what was revealed in the recent chapters.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 07:48:30 PM »
Oh; I didn't know that was coming THIS season. Far as I knew One Punch Man was the only thing airing this season I had any interest in.

Also it's strange because I usually hate this sort of genre, but it's so absurd and the characters are good and it's not the generic moeblob romance school setting for this sort of genre that it's cool.

Honestly; Classroom has quickly become one of my fave mangas; been following it since around chapter 15.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 07:50:44 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 09:43:33 PM »
Oh; I didn't know that was coming THIS season. Far as I knew One Punch Man was the only thing airing this season I had any interest in.
Wait what where how WHEN? WHERE?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 09:54:49 PM »
Wait what where how WHEN? WHERE?

I dunno, I just saw a chart of anime this season and it was on it. This was like 2 weeks ago. Maybe what I saw was a fake, or a mistake [mistranslation maybe?] because looking at a chart now I can't find it, and I can't find anything about it now I'm actually LOOKING.

On the other hand this list has things I didn't see before. Like Jojo has apparently started back up. I thought this was later. Also a nostalgia bomb I already knew about is coming in Spring. But that's not for this thread.

Now I'm depressed. And not depressed. At the same time.

Also I'm such a noob at Anime lists, that I thought that this was the Spring 2015 season, when it's actually Winter 2015.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:04:53 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 03:26:39 PM »
I've been reading the manga and I like the adaptation so far.  The OP animation is kinda repetitive and annoying, but the song is cool.

Plus they manage to differentiate well enough between Nagisa and Kayano's hair enough to tell them apart this time!

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 08:05:29 AM »
Aaaaaah Karma!!!  :* Why are you so glorious??
And omg, why this show is getting awesome voice actors.
Karasuma: Kyon
Koro-Sensei: Lelouch
Bitch-Sensei: Wilhelmina
Kayano: Mako (Kill la Kill)
Board Chariman: Sho Hayami!?

Especially that last one, I cannot think of anything more fitting. It's only been 2 more episodes and it's already starting to get good. And what the hell was that nut thing? Kunudon wth?? Like totalitarian state propaganda. They also switched Hayami's line about Karasuma being cool to Yada for some reason. But Kurahashi keeps her line!!
I'm really hoping Kurahashi get's some good screentime with Karasuma. There's not enough fanart of it!! It's ship them, sorry Bitch-sensei.

Edit:
Ok so according to the recent manga chapter release, we find out who's voicing Itona and Ritsu:
Itona: Shinji!??
Ritsu: Akagi (KanColle), Ruri (DRRR)
I'm like, eeehhh?? Shinji as Itona? But she's also done Yue from Cardcaptor Sakura and Yami Yugi, so I guess it could work. Personally I liked him more when he was rocking that awesome tank top, but he's still cool.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 08:58:07 PM by Mea »

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 04:00:35 AM »
Newest chapter
Holy.Shit.

All the foreshadowing I never noticed.
I think I may find my favorite ship

Sahgren

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 04:39:06 PM »
It really was my favorite type of reveal: the type that makes you look back and see all of the events leading up to it in a different light. Makes me think that the author has been planning this for a looong time.

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 06:32:42 PM »
Just when I felt this character didn't have as much exposure as I thought, baboom.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 09:20:09 PM »
Newest chapter
Holy.Shit.

All the foreshadowing I never noticed.
I think I may find my favorite ship

I dunno I found the foreshadowing a little vague. Although her reluctance to swim before makes sense suddenly.

It just raises the question: SINCE WHEN.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 03:04:26 AM »
I dunno I found the foreshadowing a little vague. Although her reluctance to swim before makes sense suddenly.

It just raises the question: SINCE WHEN.
There's actually a ton of subtle foreshadowing, some as early as in the 20s chapters. One of the major ones being
Spoiler:
many panels of said character with a small, strangely shaped silhouette resembling that in the back
. Along with a slew of minor details that combined are really suspicious when you start thinking about it. And apparently there were some theories that predicted this for a while due to said suspicious details. Just google and I think you'd find some. I think the character entry on dic.pixiv.net has the most collected so far that I know of.

Lol there's already a new pixiv tag called, appropriately enough, Chapter 128 Shock.

Also apparently Matsui Yuusei (the author) himself made a comment recently, saying "this is the start of the true Assassination Classroom". Omg so much hype. And dread. This, coming from the guy who wrote Majin Tantei Neuro.

Also you might want to spoiler that second sentence, it's a bit incriminating.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:41:29 AM by Mea »

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2015, 12:45:35 AM »
I couldn't watch today's episode without glaring at that character the whole time.

I think I'm shocked.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2015, 09:02:53 AM »
I couldn't watch today's episode without glaring at that character the whole time.

I think I'm shocked.
Ikr? Suddenly I'm aware of their presence, like I'm constantly checking what they're doing.

I'm of the opinion that Red Eye can only be voiced by Lockon Stratos. I'll be terribly disappointed if they miss this opportunity.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 10:43:35 AM »
Welp new episodes and new chapters.

Red Eye is too underused for being cool. I feel like he should tutor the sniper duo.

This week's chapter didn't really give out any interesting info, except maybe the link with
Spoiler:
Shiro
. Guess next week is the bomber. Well that and I guess he did mention that those who
Spoiler:
use that without maintenance are bound to die or something else since he trails off. And well, I really don't want said character to die. On the other hand, I trust the author's skill in writing good endings for everyone, regardless of whether it turns out tragic or not. If Neuro is any indicator of things, he is not afraid of ending fan-favorite character lives, but it's always poignant and never 'just cause'. Which I guess makes me more scared.

And hurray for anime original scenes! We see Kanzaki getting tickled, Nagisa being asked who he voted for, and Kurahashi saying that she likes Karasuma. I'm guessing based on Nagisa's reaction that he did actually place a vote in. I ordered the character info book, which I hope will be getting in sometime this next week, which I hope will say who voted for who. And omg NagiKae is so precious, it's even better when it's animated.

And someone pointed this out, but the ending song might be referring to....

edit:
Chapter 131
Spoiler:
Oh my god oh my god things look so dismal and bleak. The author can't seriously be planning to.... Please help!!! Nagisa! Korosensei!!! I haven't had any relief for the past 3 weeks over this. Oh please oh please let it turn out well..... My heart is going to explode if I have to wait for any more chapters...... I'm going to cry...
edit2: On the other hand, I'm a bit relieved now that I read through it. One of the panels shows Nagisa seeing the brain/consciousness waves, meaning I'm like 90+% sure that he's going to interfere next chapter. Especially after hearing what Itona had to say, there's no time to waste or wait or just rely on Korosensei to do something. Heck, he's like way on the defensive. To get over the ring of fire, all Nagisa has to do is use the boutaoshi tactic that they used to rescue the cat. I haven't been this relieved in a while. On the other hand, we still don't know of the character's fate. Once knocked out by the clap stunner, they would have to listen to Korosensei's story. But would they live to see a good ending? Is the big question. I guess I'm just really relieved that Nagisa's going to play a part in this. Go Nagisa! Save the day!

Episode 9 was pretty good too. Also apparently she gave her voice for Hatsune Miku, oh what? Her computing animation and turning on and off after talking was pretty cool.
Liars should be cut in half.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 06:29:49 AM by Mea »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 12:23:37 AM »
131/132

My god.

I think that's the best type of that scene I've seen.

Especially when you realize what the reaction means in this situation.

I'm being deliberately vague because spoilers. But anyone who's read those chapters should know what I mean.

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 01:29:46 AM »
That was surprising.

Spoiler:
Bitch-sensei is proud.

Karma and Nakamura sure have their priorities straight.

When Matsui said that this is going to be the start of the true Assassination Classroom, does he also mean to include scenes like this? There was that character book released not too long ago...

It looks like Koro-sensei is finally going to have his long sought-after romantic shipping/scandal, story-wise withstanding, even if this is the only one. :P

And now for the removal and his background story! (If Akari is conscious for it, that is.)

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 09:22:37 PM »
Especially when you realize what the reaction means in this situation.
Spoiler:
Even more, Nagisa gets a critical 15th hit. It takes Bitch-sensei 30hits to down Nagisa; it takes Nagisa 15hits xCritical to down said person. I'm getting a lot of ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE vibes here.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 02:18:14 PM »
Spoiler:
Even more, Nagisa gets a critical 15th hit. It takes Bitch-sensei 30hits to down Nagisa; it takes Nagisa 15hits xCritical to down said person. I'm getting a lot of ITS SUPER EFFECTIVE vibes here.

Spoiler:
I was more thinking along the 'This worked as what he thought might break her single-mindedness and what might not have been an act'

Sahgren

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 04:04:21 AM »
Newest chapter out.
Spoiler:
I'll admit that I didn't see the reveal of Koro's past identity coming. The fact that he was human was obvious for a very long time, but who exactly he was was surprising to me.

Kaizaki

• Pillager
  • I'm feeling lucky
    • GitHub
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 02:18:24 AM »
Chapter 134 is out.
Spoiler:
Koro-sensei was telling the truth all along---he is (was) an ikemen! He looks awesome, and I can see where he got his current grin.

Light-hearted things aside...

Spoiler:
The fact that GoD was the killer of the Faux-GoD's father was not that surprising, given the info in the previous chapter. As for the FGoD being his student, him being underwhelming and Karasuma's remarks about immaturity (and Koro-sensei's regretful tone at one point) were hints in that direction. Still, that was an interesting reveal. Matsui's on a roll.
:V

Spoiler:
An observation of mine: when Yanagisawa, aka Shiro, said he'll find someone "not from outside" who'll closely inspect GoD, he also said that they "have plenty of other guinea pigs", who are "extraordinary in their own way" and "so unknown that nobody will mourn their death". Of course, he chose Yukimura Aguri. Does this mean she is a guinea pig too? As for "mourning", IIRC Akari didn't seem to particularly mourn/grieve for her sister (perhaps I'm overthinking). Is there more to the Yukimuras, after all?

Final thoughts...

Spoiler:
Regarding GoD -> goofball teacher, I have a suspicion that Aguri is the cause of that. Their constant contact would have led to exchanges about life outside of assassination (e.g. "some guys like big boobs"), which GoD remembered and internalized. He likely also learned principles of pedagogy from her.

Either that, or he acted as Aguri would have to 3-E.

Also, this chapter acts as a point-of-no-return for me. I'm going to find it difficult to see Koro-sensei as just the big, yellow, adorable cephalopod that we all "know" and love when rereading/rewatching the manga/anime from now on. (Just like Bioshock: Infinite.)
:V

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2015, 10:50:33 PM »
Spoiler:
To be honest, Korosensei's identity didn't strike me as too shocking or surprising though I did not see it coming. It's just that so far I'm having such a huge disconnect between him and GoD Korosensei that I'm wondering if my earlier theory of him absorbing Yukimura sensei has any merit.
Also, each of the teachers now has a disciple: Karasuma and Isogai; Bitch sensei and Yada; and finally Korosensei and Nagisa. The last one in particular might turn out interesting if he turns out to be Korosensei's 'redemption' of sorts for raising 2nd GoD wrongly.

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 10:25:20 PM »
So, Chapter 137... My God of Death cannot possibly be this sweet. :3