Author Topic: Touhou 14.5: 東方深秘録 ~ Urban Legend in Limbo. is HM sequel, demo at Comiket 87  (Read 802885 times)

It was Kasen.

Hype?  HYPE!!!
(Good news, eh, Clarste?)

Finally we will get her theme song.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 01:34:41 AM by monhan »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
ALL OF MY MONEY
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
WOW

I AM HYPE

ULiL confirmed for GotY?

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Oh oh god please be real! Please let her be playable!
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Kurtis

• A guy who changes his profile picture constantly.
  • A Normal Mode Player
I almost passed out from seeing that poster of Kasen.

ULiL, HERE I COME!
Main games that I've cleared on Normal (1cc): EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, TD, and DDC.

Goal: Getting a normal 1cc on UFO.

Kilgamayan

• True

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kurtis

• A guy who changes his profile picture constantly.
  • A Normal Mode Player
https://twitter.com/kuroi_tansan/status/549375239042256896

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Was just about to post that.

I've never been this hyped before.  :getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
Main games that I've cleared on Normal (1cc): EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, TD, and DDC.

Goal: Getting a normal 1cc on UFO.

Colticide

• Awoo!~

Kilgamayan

• True
You sure it's deleted? Still seems to be active to me.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Sorry, that page doesn't exsist.

Damnit twitter always getting in my way. What's in the post?

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
Damnit twitter always getting in my way. What's in the post?

playabale kasen

aaaaaaa

茨木華扇 詮願いを訊く仙人
Ibaraki Kasen "Hermit who Listens to Wishes"

ZUN answer to the fans?
Why,  thank you.

Anyway, the versus screen makes it look like a poster, so maybe the characters have rumors for each their own?

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
>Kasen
Nameless drill command normals or GTFO. :V

Since Tasofro's games are kusoges already, and since they snuck by a bunch of random fanservice in to HM, they might as well go full-pandering and make a swimsuit/onsen bonus story after you beat all the main routes. I mean, they already gave Byakuren jiggle and Futo the shortest goddamn skirt in 2hu history

Okay but to get serious I'd like for the story to get more meat. I mean we're probably not gonna have Blazblue-level length here, but I'd like for each pre-battle fight to be more than just:

"Man what the hell be going on"
"Yo the fuck you doing here"
"I dunno lol"
"A'ight I guess we can beat the shit out of each other for no reason"
*FIGHT*
"Well that did absolutely nothing to help me"

For like three fights and THEN it becomes:

"I have accomplished literally nothing from this besides graitutiously assaulting random women"
"'Sup, oh and [INSERT_GRATUITOUS_INFODUMP_HERE]"
"Goddamn woman you expect me to read all that shit"
"Whatever let's just beat the hell out of each other"
*FIGHT*
*ENDING*

I just wanted to say, this is the best summary of Touhou Plots that I have seen, AWESOME!!! LMAO.

And I literally don't know who this Kasen character is or anything but really, all I want is a decent, enjoyable fighting game...is that so much to ask for?

Plus I am a FILFTY CASUAL when it comes to fighter games not named Smash Bros... I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower standards than most hardcore players, yet HM was a big fail even for me!....

I will try to appreciate this for what it is- an entire new game. But, its kinda hard to do when its obviously based of HM..

I just wanted to say, this is the best summary of Touhou Plots that I have seen, AWESOME!!! LMAO.

And I literally don't know who this Kasen character is or anything but really, all I want is a decent, enjoyable fighting game...is that so much to ask for?

Plus I am a FILFTY CASUAL when it comes to fighter games not named Smash Bros... I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower standards than most hardcore players, yet HM was a big fail even for me!....

I will try to appreciate this for what it is- an entire new game. But, its kinda hard to do when its obviously based of HM..

I don't play Touhou Fighters either. I just get hyped for the music. Smash on the other hand...

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara

Hoooh, an alternate Last Word with the Occult Ball? Seems story mode exclusive
Nah, cut that out.

>Kasen
Nameless drill command normals or GTFO. :V
Actually, she has a drill kick.
But, wow, Kasen brings out circus. And she knows Kung-Fu (Meiling BLOCKED?). Other most apparent one is her use of wind and even tornado. Her SC, Dragon's Growl, is making a dragon shaped wind from her hand and roars.

LW is using the dragon arm after blowing them away with a tornado.

And her winpose is lecturing, just perfect.

One thing I find weird is why is she using her bandaged "arm" like a whip(MASTER ASIA), pretty much showing that it's empty. Does it mean she's no longer hiding it?

Marisa's Last Word.... smacks you into the (ghost-infested) toilet and lock you up  :derp:

I think it's safe to say that each character from HM will have different LW, and now they're more comical

Anyway, enough with the characters, let's talk about the game and its elements, additions, changes, and stuff. Remember that this is only out of obersvation from the livestream. I probably misunderstood something or even missed it. And it's still only the trial version.

General stuffs
Gameplay is mostly unchanged, though it's quite noticeable that it's harder to combo now and for some reason guards became harder to break(Unless it's a string of really tight attacks or combos, it just won't break). And barrier guard(blue sphere) is still strong.
It seems that there are no longer red stun, only blue. However, it seems that unless you don't tech out of it(uncertain, since he's against AI) you will automatically get to blue stun state.
Color palette still there.
The fires in the lower middle of the screen is you spirit gauge, akin to Soku. It reduces as you shoot projectiles and use skills. Blocking doesn't seem to affect it though.
Each character only have one SC, out of 3 selection that you choose in the character select screen.
You still declare your spellcard, but I can't seem to notice any timer or the sort(probably just missed it), or it's the meter depleting. Also, SC no longer connects after the enemy is stunned, so keep an eye on the stun rates.

Special Gimmicks
Now is the ULiL exclusive Occult Ball System.
Every time someone makes a significant combo, wallslams, or stunned the opponent, some purple balls will come out and flies to the timer on top. It's not clear how much is needed, but at a certain time (60, 30, etc.) the Occult Ball will "activate" and starts a 10 seconds countdown before it triggers some kind of weather effect, kinda like in Soku.
During it, the occult ball will spawn into the battlefield and interact with the "anomalies". Not all of them affect the characters, but they all definitely affect the ball.
What I've seen:
  • Sand walls closing in to the center, limiting the stage space.
  • Black hole gap opening in the middle of the stage, sucking in the occult ball
  • Yellow mist covering the whole lower part of the stage
  • Holographic scene of the Lunar Capital appears, and the ball floats as if in zero gravity.
  • A gigantic triangle made out of lasers spins around the stage, and the ball will bounce inside it.
They seem random, but I can't say for sure. Maybe character reliant or stage reliant.
Anyway, while it's active, your job is to get to the ball and touch it, giving you 1 point, which is showed around the ball. The maximum is 7 and you're competing with the opponent on who has more points. The winner will acquire the ball and the number of the ball can be seen under the timer. 1P is red and 2P is blue.
The one who has 7 of them, will be able to use the "怪ラストワード" (Strange Last Word?) that will finish the opponent no matter what if it lands. 

However, that only applies in normal matches. In Story Mode it functions differently.
After the opponent enters their spellcard mode like usual, an Occult Ball will appear among the opponent's attacks. What you do is the same, get close and grab it. Earn 7 and you can use the LW to end the fight.
Another thing, the Occult Balls seems to function like an item card when used. It'll summon one of the 7 Mysteries of school at random. Piano crashing, Painting shooting laser from the eyes, Statue running frantically...

New(?) Character Teaser
And for the last(or mid?) boss, we got a figure with an ominous dark aura, sounds haughty, and sports a cape.

Miko got competition.

Appearance wise, it seems to have a horn, or maybe a skeleton in her silhouette.
Or perhaps it's just Seija.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:55:47 AM by monhan »

Kilgamayan

• True
THAT MARISA LAST WORD AHAHAHAHA

Razzi Zadhna

• bye chagen
Holy fuck that char select screen has Persona 4 Arena's "BIG-ASS FLASHY LETTERS KANJI" style down near-perfectly. Please tell me the rest of the UI is that swag  :V

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
The demo CD image is out.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Holy fuck that char select screen has Persona 4 Arena's "BIG-ASS FLASHY LETTERS KANJI" style down near-perfectly. Please tell me the rest of the UI is that swag  :V
The main art motif of HM was "newspaper"; for ULiL, they are going full in with a Showa-era pop poster style. Showa-style fonts everywhere.

The character titles are in Showa tagline style:

Kasen
脅威!願いを訊く仙人
Menance! The Hermit Who Listens to Wishes
Kasen seems to utilize her own powers.

Reimu
神秘!結界の巫女
Mystery! The Shrine Maiden of Kekkai (Boundaries)
Reimu's power focuses on invoking secret domains of the world:
1. The Pyramids: Both side's Occult Special Attacks are enhanced to maximum power.
2. Stonehenge: The playfield becomes gradually narrower.
3. Babel Tower: Touching the Occult Ball causes it to attack the opponent (?)
4. Yomotsu Hirasaka: Reduces stamina the closer one is to the stage center [the penalty is much greater than Soku's Scorching Sun]
5. Nazca Ground Painting: When touching the Occult Ball, one's stamina will [cut off]
6. Hell Valley [a volcanic scenic spot in Hokkaido]: Turns the bottom of the screen into a damage zone.
7. Lunar Capital: Reduces bullet speed (affecting [cut off]

Marisa
恐怖!学校の魔法使い
Horror! The School Magician
Marisa's power comes from the schoolyard legends.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
Fluttery cape?

A pointy bit?

Game about spooky ghosts?

Mima confirmed.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*

Great, now the Velvet Room remix is playing in my head. Also, YES for playable Kasen. I guess this means she'll finally get her own theme. Can't wait to hear it.

As for that silhouette, I can't even fathom a guess as to who it is. Maybe Wriggle? I dunno, I'm thinking they have the most random, unexpected character donning this badass looking cape.

I'm amused, but not surprised that Marisa's power comes from schoolyard legends!

And yeah, quite happy to see Kasen in this.  Half because of the WAHH chapter, but half because it's just cool when sidestory characters get shown in official games (like the 3 Fairies having a role in Fairy Wars).

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Edit: never mind, the picture earlier didn't show up for me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:38:37 AM by Colticide »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
I'm amused, but not surprised that Marisa's power comes from schoolyard legends!

And yeah, quite happy to see Kasen in this.  Half because of the WAHH chapter, but half because it's just cool when sidestory characters get shown in official games (like the 3 Fairies having a role in Fairy Wars).

I'm more hyped for the music in this, but Kasen being playable makes Kozuzu AFAIK the last print work character to not appear at all in a game.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
I'm more hyped for the music in this, but Kasen being playable makes Kozuzu AFAIK the last print work character to not appear at all in a game.

Actually, Kosuzu's in the background of the Human Village stage in HM.

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!

nah see shew as in HM, just as background. as did mofoin' rinnosuke which leaves akyuu, reisen (the not udogen inaba one), and the mary sue wonder sisters as the print work characters to not show up in a game

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Akyuu, the Watatsuki Sisters, Reisen 2, Usami, Renko, and Tokiko haven't appeared in the games yet.

Akyuu, the Watatsuki Sisters, Reisen 2, Usami, Renko, and Tokiko haven't appeared in the games yet.

Don't forget Maribel.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara