Author Topic: 2014 in Touhou past and future  (Read 6348 times)

Re: 2014 in Touhou past and future
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2014, 07:30:42 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: PCB and SA Lunatic 1cc's. Granted, in both cases, I was relying pretty heavily on bombs, but it still took a fair bit of practice to get successful runs. PCB was my first Lunatic 1cc, and SA is supposedly one of the more difficult games, so I'm pretty happy about both of them.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: In terms of missing out on achievements, probably the time that I almost captured both of Yuyuko's last two spell cards (on Lunatic) but ended up dying to Sumizome Perfect Blossom as she was exploding and dying to the last red butterfly wave of Resurrection Butterfly (in the same run). In terms of sheer derpiness on my part, I've had too many such moments to count, but the main one I remember is when I failed to capture Subterranean Sun in my first SA Hard 1cc entirely because I accidentally hit the bomb key while the initial field of red bullets was still spawning.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Like others, I'd pick Jovial's IN LNN simply because he was posting about his attempts for so long before finally getting it.

Goals for 2015: Get more Touhou games and Lunatic 1cc's. Try to complete my spell card collections in various games.

CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Try out some new shot types in whichever games you play. Even if they're not your best shot types, you still might find them to be more fun than you expect.

Kappa

• LV. 4 Guze Cannon
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 07:25:48 PM »
Yep. Did both last summer
Oh lol, and here I thought you were trying to talk exclusively about DS, thinking "Hah Hatate is not playable in ISC lololol"
gg me
Well, especially considering that we're talking two separate clears now, Grats ^ 2
Modern Touhou Accomplishments || TD Normal 1CC | DDC Normal 1CC (poorly) | DDC Extra Clear

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2014, 12:37:38 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: ♡20,281,090 in ISC 6-7, being the first(?) 20m+ score in the game, using my own strat and it involving Hatate! Wow, cute!

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Forgetting all about dialogue forcing item pickups and timeouts not dropping items in that DDC extra low scoring run.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Chum taking the fairies to school and E-splice stealing away the UFO WR from shin!

Goals for 2015: Play the new 2hus.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!