Author Topic: 2014 in Touhou past and future  (Read 6291 times)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
2014 in Touhou past and future
« on: December 20, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »
The year is almost over, as you all probably know. Maybe it's a bit early, but I just remembered this was a thing, so I'm opening it now. I opened the thread last year and Sapz opened it the year before, and I still like the idea, so here's another.

Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: Post about your favorite achievement(s). Your own, that is.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Well, biggest screw-up(s) are just that. what did you fuck up magnificently? Do share

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Other players do cool shit too. What was your favorite here?

Goals for 2015: What are your goals for 2015? If you have anything planned.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Give other people some ideas of what you think is cool. Challenge them into a race, some silly competition. Anything works.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
Re: 2014 in Touhou past and future
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:53:04 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: No achievements here.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Losing my potential 1.2bil DDC run to Sukuna's last spell. Dying the Change Air Brave in my DDC 2MNB I guess?

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Cactu getting 600mil+ in EoSD.

Goals for 2015: Play Touhou 15 when it comes out. Score DDC Lunatic with SakuyaB. Finally get a "Perfect" Lunatic run.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 10:23:19 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: Getting a PCB Lunatic 1lc, with Marisa of all shots. Honorable mention goes to the massive improvements I've made in fighting Kaguya, even though I've yet to get a full perfect run of that stage.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014:: Losing two separate perfect Kaguya fights on the last phase of Rising World, but I only count this as "technically" the biggest screw-ups. I'm honestly not mad about them at all.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Forgive me, but I didn't pay that much attention to the boards this year, so I don't know what great achievements I missed. >.<

Goals for 2015: I made a list back in the summer of what accomplishments I want to get out of the way, mostly perfecting leftover stages and some full-game survival challenges. I'm not too worried about how quickly I reach each goal though, as there are plenty of other hobbies I like doing (and legit work that needs to be done too). If all goes as planned and I get a new computer early into this coming year, I would like to spend some more time with DDC as well (my laptop's specs aren't good enough for it without drastic measures lol).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:25:00 PM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Cream Soda

• stage 2 boss
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 12:10:18 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: UFO Lunatic 1cc. I really had to improve to get that. I guess also those other Luna 1cc's but they weren't a tenth of the trouble.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Shinmyoumaru Lunatic double KO. I did the 1cc soon after, anyway.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Naya getting 3.6b WR in PCB; E-Splice breaking the UFO WR by one million; Chumlum breaking the GFW WR.

Goals for 2015: 2b in MoF, maybe score a different game afterward.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Let's all prepare now to do our best. Royalflare will watch warmly until we are ready. ^_^
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:52:32 PM by Cream Soda »

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 01:22:31 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: 1cc my first game, DDC (yes I'm a noob :qq:). Reaching Remilia in my first try. Finally beaten Parsee. Reaching Miko.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Losing against Remilia during her first spellcard due to extreme happiness. Using 3 continues against Sukuna (fat Marisa).

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: I didn't even watched anyone's achievements. :blush:

Goals for 2015: Beat EoSD, Beat SA (this will be a hard one), Beat DDC Extra, Beat TD.
Mwahahahahha!

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 01:44:34 AM »
Personal favourite achievement of 2014: UFO 1cc.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: dying on kanako's last card when I was so close to my first normal 1cc.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: TheEpicDuckys perfect IN lunatic run.

Goals for 2015: 1ccing the rest of the touhou games on easy. Also hoping to get MOF and DDC normal 1ccs. Get better at other shumps.

Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 01:50:36 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: 1cc every Len'En on Unreal with every shot. Though EMS doesn't really count because I get terrible lag on some of the stages.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Using the Yin-Yang Orb as a sub-item in almost every scene.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Jaimers (almost) beating Absurdly Extra. That was... painful to watch, yet amazing to see someone get so far.

Goals for 2015: Get a decent job, meet that special someone, find a better hobby than playing danmaku games Make a better-than-decent danmakufu script. Anything more would be asking too much!

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Beat Urban Legend in Limbo within an hour of [REDACTED] obtaining the game.

<Tengukami> Hey, please don't reference piracy sites. See the Rules board for more info. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:30:04 PM by Tengukami »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 01:57:51 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: My entire YouTube channel.  It took a lot of nerve to do things that people who didn't know me personally would watch, and then actually put myself out there for the public at large to like or ignore or etc.

Of the videos I'm not sure which one I like best.  I only have so much free time, so if I didn't think I was going for a highlight goal I wouldn't even try.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014:   Probably this.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014:  I don't watch a lot that isn't related to the games I play, I confess.  That one low-rank run of P.Trues Advanced Area 6 where the player went into Mima blind and somehow came out of it alive was fun to watch though.

Goals for 2015:
*P.Trues Unlimited and Terminus
*WNSP Lunatic showcase (hopefully done before 2015?)
*Rmi Unreal ~ Kuroji Team? (hahaha screw the pirate boss)
*Hollow World of God (much to my surprise, this game has been updated since like 2008)
*Resurrection of Heaven's Liquor (I'll have to rewatch Rou's videos to see if I can improve them though)
*Magical Singular Day?  (It's fun but the videos won't be competitive)
*or just get a different hobby altogether :V

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS:  Download (old) Danmakufu, download Phantasmagoria Trues, and enjoy feeling alternately badass and dead.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:59:45 AM by ?q »

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 04:30:21 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: Scoring a billion in PCB Lunatic. This took me about 4 months to work on (some of that time is just on and off play). PoDD Lunatic is a close second (even if I was using Reimu).

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Not utilizing stage practice or watching replays as much as I should. I'm mostly relying on trial and error, but I really need to start studying more replays in the future.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: I think the only thing I kept track of was PurpleTheGuy's Lunatic 1cc in EoSD since I knew he was working on that for a bit.

Goals for 2015:  (there is probably more I could put here)
I know I want to get better at PoDD later.
3 billion in IN is also something I'm kind of thinking of after a recent run (on lunatic).
Learn proper border routes in PCB (so far, I kind of learned a route I can use with SakuyaB in lunatic). 1.5 billion might be a reasonable goal for now.
More lunatic clears at some point (can include fangames). LLS is something I will try to clear on lunatic at some point as well as SoEW.
Easy in HRtP.
Do more restriced runs (no focus, no bomb, no death, and a combination of the mentioned). Might help me later while working on the above goals.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:50:29 AM by t_prinny »

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 09:30:44 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: IN LNN. I've also done a few stage perfects but I don't think they compare to an LNN :C

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Oh boy, probably the 8 1MNB runs of IN I got before managing LNN. I guess my worst was the one that failed Kaguya's 4th last spell, it's such a straightforward attack ;-;

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Uhh, I don't remember much and didn't pay much attention to score runs for too long so I guess FreeGothitelle's PCB LNNN.

Goals for 2015: Start scoring IN lunatic. I've learnt stages 3, 4B and 5 for Netherworld Team though 4B needs some more practice. Stage 6B shouldn't take too long since I only plan to score a couple of attacks (primarily 4th last spell) and I'm hoping stages 1 and 2 aren't too complicated. I at least want to beat my LNN score on my first complete run.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Gonna be quite straightforward here. Take whatever you're comfortable with and try going 1 step further with it. I've always pushed myself to go further when I played. After 1ccing UFO lunatic I moved onto stage perfects. Those got a bit dull so I went for LNN and cried because of it :<. I managed that so now I'm taking a shot at lunatic scoring. It's painful at times, but if you manage it then that pain suddenly makes the achievement feel so much better.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 10:42:05 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: Clearing every Extra stage in the Windows games

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Not sure... I pretty much loathe all the runs I lose just because of one boss.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: I don't keep track of other players enough to know, so I dunno, sorry

Goals for 2015: Unlock PCB Phantasm and clear it (lol), Hard 1cc every windows game

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Keep having fun in what you're doing. Sounds silly but it's important. :P
[/quote]

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 12:21:41 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: Not playing Touhou.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Playing Touhou.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: vcz
Spoiler:
getting good in kancolle
. He's my favorite player forever, but good job to everyone else with the scores and no-miss no-bomb runs that kept impressing me all across the year. You know who you are.

Goals for 2015: Earn money. Watch less anime.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Sakurei: Play more shot-types.
Chum: Play PCB.
Everyone else: Work your hardest and don't give up!

I'm hoping stages 1 and 2 aren't too complicated.
I have bad news for you. Stage 2 isn't that bad when you have Yuyuko with you, though.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 12:24:47 PM by Inadequate »

Choco Beam

• おやすみしな
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 11:30:36 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: None

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Chain deaths on Normal

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Improving their personal best scores

Goals for 2015: Improve my IN Normal scores. They're all kinda of meh for me right now. Once I'm satisfied with those, I probably move to either Hard or Easy. Whichever comes first.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Come score with Sakuya solo (IN) with me.

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 01:20:51 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: I dunno, I can't shake off the feeling that anything remarkable I did this year was just luck :V

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Die -eight- times in Stage 5 of my DDC LNB. Also this, my reaction when it happened makes it my favorite failure in Touhou

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Denpa's SA 4b run, FreeGothitelle's and Jovial's LNN(N)s.

Goals for 2015: LNB the rest of the Windows games
Spoiler:
including UFO
, get 4b in SA myself (not sure I'll actually do this one, but we'll see).

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 03:03:16 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: 2MNB MoF normal mode

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Still not getting that NNN, and I can't play at the moment either...

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: FreeGoth's LNN of PCB; EpicDucky's LNN of IN

Goals for 2015: No miss no bomb run of MoF normal mode. Also, UFO/DDC/SA hard 1cc.

CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: I want someone to do a no-bomb run of any Len'en unreal mode. It would be amusing. Jaimers, maybe?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:10:23 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 08:32:33 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: 1cc PCB/IN Normal. And clearing extra.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Too much to write them here :v

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Everyone that cleared lunatic is boss for me.

Goals for 2015: More 1cc. More extra clears. Trying out hard.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Szayelaporro Granz

• You can't use spellcards within my range
  • since I've already analyzed and sealed them all
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 10:05:55 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: I haven't made any achievement this year.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Nothing in particular, just the usual old stuff.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Everyone who did LNN.

Goals for 2015: PLAY MORE TOUHOU -> more Hard 1cc's. Hopefully I can muster all motivation to Normal 1cc SA as well.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Keep moving on, unlike me who practically hasn't progressed at all because of some stupid shit :V
Normal 1cc: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC / Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF*, TD / Lunatic 1cc: PoFV / Extra 1cc: EoSD, PCB (+P), IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
*Bug abuse.
Feel free to watch my crappy replays and twitch channel
My favorite touhou music

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 03:38:18 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: GFW Extra NMNB (several ridiculous/lucky moments were the highlight), Scarlet Gensokyo timeout (I love this spell, so I was really happy to time it out)

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Losing a fair amount of EoSD 90fps runs when I was that close to clearing.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Jovial's IN LNN. It was nice to see the gradual improvement.

Goals for 2015: Fool around with Touhou 14.5 a bit.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 04:33:38 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: Returning to Touhou and getting a DDC Easy 1cc

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Failing to earn a new 1cc on Normal.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: I honestly didn't pay too much attention this year, so I guess my favorite achievement from others is whatever they consider their own favorite achievement.

Goals for 2015: Touhou-wise? I guess beat earn at least 1 new Normal 1cc if I can keep my current shmup enthusiasm up.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Never stop having fun doing what you do.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Andrew

• Retired player
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 06:56:14 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: PCB: LNBNBB with NMNB Youmu fight, 1bil Extra with NMNBNBB Ran. Double Spoiler scores (All as Aya): ◇458,720 on 3-4, 2,627,899 on 12-8, and △2,728,459 on 8-3.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Reaching Kaguya with 4 lives and 1 bomb in an IN Lunatic 1cc attempt and still failing to clear. Also, any time I had a good score run going in Double Spoiler, only to completely fuck it up on the very last photo.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Chum's GFW scoring achievements. He broke several world records, including both C routes on Lunatic.

Goals for 2015: PCB: LNB with fewer misses, improve my Extra score, and maybe do some Easy, Normal or Phantasm scoring at some point. Improve my Double Spoiler scores some more. 1cc Every Windows shmup on Lunatic (pc-98 games if I get around to it). LNB another game. Might also give GFW Easy and Normal scoring a try at some point.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:19:49 AM by Andrew »

Kappa

• LV. 4 Guze Cannon
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 08:25:49 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: Several Normal 1CCs after coming back to Touhou/shmups from almost out of nowhere and voiding all my previous clears, and also a DDC Extra clear.  I want to believe that I'm getting better at shmups, but I rightfully have my doubts.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: In the DDC Extra clear, I die twice in a row to "Pristine Beat" in the dumbest way possible.  They were stupid deaths.  No human can look at that, then look at me and see a competent human being.  And the best part - it's on YouTube for the internet to see and laugh at.  Even better, it's literally in my forum siggy ahahaha so good at video games aaaaaa
Also, the first time I tried to 1CC TD Hard was under the most awful circumstances and conditions possible (background distractions, on subpar computer, public area, no sound, etc.) and I got to Miko's 3rd.  I have yet to get that far again under ANY circumstances.  I haven't had time to try lately, though.
Oh, and the DDC 1CC is frigging laughable.  It's SO BAD.  Like, embarrassingly bad.  I can't look at it without feeling feelings of hatred.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Karisa's n+1 PC-98 score runs.  For one, wow.  Dedication.  But it also got me into doing OPNA-style "PC-98ish" covers of music, since it sufficiently exposed me to PC-98 crap which I had not really seen a whole lot of before.
To be honest, I don't follow the superplay scene very closely, so I have no idea who's making BIG PLAYS around here.  I'm kinda new here too, so I don't really know a lot of people too well.

Goals for 2015: Get off my own ass and 1CC TD Hard already, dammit.  I need a Hard 1CC under your belt AT LEAST, or I am nothing.  Pick up one for... uh, PCB or some sh!t too.  Sure, why not.  And maybe actually play EOSD for once.  Shouldn't be too hard.  Ideally, I want to have at least a Normal 1CC of every Windows-era game.
Stop being such an angry person lol nope that ain't happening anytime soon
Crimzon Clover Arcade Boost 1CC ololololol
Get a sigpic that doesn't suck that I didn't make almost two years ago in MS Paint.
Be more than a worthless mass that nobody knows on MoTK
Achieve transcendence and become the superplayer that Gotham needs

CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Here's a killer - the Amanojaku Challenge.  Invert your screen (either at the driver level or physically) and see how far you can get on any Touhou game.  Bonus points if you have a friend stand behind your desk and randomly spin your screen around.

GG, 2014.  No re.  Let's charge into the new year headfirst, cuz 2015's gonna be a good year for Touhou! (hopefully!)
Modern Touhou Accomplishments || TD Normal 1CC | DDC Normal 1CC (poorly) | DDC Extra Clear

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 02:12:52 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: Getting my first Lunatic 1cc (of IN with borderteam ._.) also just making an account here, hi everyone :3

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Failing multiple runs of PCB by dying to Yuyukos first non, Yuyukos first spell or Youmus midbossspell in stage 6 (after Lep told me how to do it) with stockpiles of bombs

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: Hmm... this is a really hard one, most projects I'm folllowing are not done yet. I guess I'll go with chums wrs. (I'm always happy if someone achieves something they worked hard for though)

Goals for 2015: Starting to do LNB and since I can't really judge the progress i could make in one year I guess just generally improving my play and striving for higher goals  ;)

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Do your best :)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2014, 02:37:56 PM »
Personal Favorite Achievements of 2014: I almost can't think of anything, but I broke 100m (110m even) in PoDD. That was nice

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Starting a lot and quitting halfway through all of them. Examples being SA (which I started last year, I admit), IN normal (because things happened) and PCB easy (because too hard). I'm the biggest quitter around

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: From English-speaking communities, Zil reaching over 120m with Chiyuri, Chum breaking several records for GFW and placing solidly on those he didn't break, vcz breaking 6b, Cactu's 647m (and his extra to a lesser extent), denpa's MoF things were good too. I also greatly enjoy other people slowly getting into scoring and improving their scores. (Like Yorgje and Prinny; albeit the former has been scoring for a while now, he's still working towards improvement, which is always nice to see). I probably forgot one of the western superplayers, so sorry to whoever I forgot.
If we include Japanese players, I also want to add Naya's 3.6 WR. He dropped the biggest bomb of the year with it. Similarly was I very impressed with the 6.6b run by Alan. Hayamin overtaking Cactu and regaining his #2 spot again (or WR, if you see ichizoku as a cheater, as a lot of players do) was also great. Again, I can't think of anything else on the spot, but likely forgot a few things.

Goals for 2015: 3b for IN extra, WR for IN normal and WR for IN extra. In that order. Improving my easy mode score in IN too if the year isn't over by then (which it probably will be, even before the extra WR.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Try scoring. You don't have to be able to LNB to start. Lower difficulty scoring is fun too.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Sakurei: Play more shot-types.

Good one. I laughed.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:42:00 PM by Sakurei »

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2014, 04:51:12 PM »
I don't remember most of my screwups, but I remember my accomplishments:

Greatest 2014 accomplishment: Clearing ISC and unlocking Hatate.

Goal for 2015: 1cc Normal any Touhou
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 06:14:07 PM »
[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Try scoring. You don't have to be able to LNB to start. Lower difficulty scoring is fun too.

I might try that when my new monitor comes in (Although I might need to get used to playing Touhou again from the ground up ;-;)

I have no achievements for 2014 as I thought I was going to quit entirely.

Biggest Screwup of 2014: Trying to get into scoring by starting with SA Normal. I dumped 100 hours in before realizing "I don't like this game very much because the first stage is ridiculous for a first stage."

Goals for 2015: Try to get good at Touhou games again and see if you can enjoy them (as well as most shmups) as well as I used to. I remember a time when I spent all of my time playing Touhou in anger towards my own incompetence, which encouraged me to quit. This time I'm going to make it a personal goal to not let that happen anymore.

[OPTIONAL] CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Make sure you are enjoying what you are doing. Don't "git gud" at games just because you'll look good. "Git gud" at games because you love playing them. No amount of skill in the world can make up for the dissatisfaction with what you are doing rather than how you are doing it. Don't feel ashamed in taking hiatuses because you're sick of shmups or just Touhou or something.

CHALLENGES TO OTHER PLAYERS: Here's a killer - the Amanojaku Challenge.  Invert your screen (either at the driver level or physically) and see how far you can get on any Touhou game.  Bonus points if you have a friend stand behind your desk and randomly spin your screen around.

If my desk had a back that wasn't against the wall, I would totally do that shit. That sounds really damn fun.

I tried to do that earlier in the year, but it was too hard for me.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:24:04 PM by Esper »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Kurtis

• A guy who changes his profile picture constantly.
  • A Normal Mode Player
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 01:43:59 AM »
Personal Favorite Achievement of 2014: Clearing most of the games on Normal without using continues.

Personal Biggest Screw-ups of 2014: Well, I had a somewhat good run on U.F.O Normal until I got to Stage 6, because apparently I got very VERY nervous and agitated when I got to Byakuren. Wanna know why? Because I lost ALL of my lives of her FIRST NON-SPELL! It's possibly the easiest non-spell of a Stage 6 boss ever, but my nervousness got to me.

Favorite Achievements by Others of 2014: I don't have any specific favorite achievements that were made by others. To be honest, anyone with Touhou achievements that were worked hard for are my favorites! Good job, guys!

Goals for 2015: I would like to start playing on Hard (practice makes perfect).
Main games that I've cleared on Normal (1cc): EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, TD, and DDC.

Goal: Getting a normal 1cc on UFO.

Kappa

• LV. 4 Guze Cannon
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2014, 04:46:42 AM »
Clearing ISC and unlocking Hatate.
You sure about that...

Oh yeah, and update: the utility "THRotator" allows you to rotate the contents of your game window in increments of 90 degrees, primarily for people who want to play "tate" style, but you can essentially flip your game window with it.  Get on that Amanojaku Challenge, superplayers.
Modern Touhou Accomplishments || TD Normal 1CC | DDC Normal 1CC (poorly) | DDC Extra Clear

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 11:47:13 PM »
You sure about that...

Yep. Did both last summer
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2014, 12:04:15 AM »
I think he got confused and thought you were talking as if they were 1 accomplishment (in other words the same game).

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2014, 12:05:07 AM »
I think he got confused and thought you were talking as if they were 1 accomplishment (in other words the same game).

Well, you do technically have to unlock Hatate to clear ISC, so there's that.