Author Topic: The site tries to block me?  (Read 4475 times)

CyberAngel

• Retired
The site tries to block me?
« on: December 12, 2014, 07:22:51 PM »
I seem to be running into a major inconvenience lately. If I try to do too many actions too fast or repeat the same action too many times, I'm getting blocked from the site until I restart my browser. The former happened when I was jumping through navigation links (I prefer to keep only one tab opened for this site), the latter when I was hitting "preview" while typing a post (redoing half-an-hour worth of typing wasn't fun at all). It seems to get even more restrictive with time. This started happening after security certificate change, so it might be linked. Was there some change in security policy? Or have I done something wrong and it has a reputation system or something?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: The site tries to block me?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:20:21 PM »
Hmm.

Can you try this in another browser (say, Chrome) and see if it still does this to you?

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 08:02:11 AM »
Newer Firefox version doesn't have this problem even if I try hard to get it, it seems. But even on my ancient version it's pretty random. Got booted once on Sunday for one click too fast, but then it never happened again until I went crazy for a whole minute just to test it. Well, since it's not the only issue that my ancient browser has with the site, I guess it can be written off to that, and this particular issue can probably be avoided by not getting impatient. Sorry for the trouble.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 01:09:08 AM »
Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason why you're using an ancient version of Firefox?
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 09:58:11 AM »
I'm using a newer version at work and I find some interface changes extremely inconvenient. Also, it somehow works LESS stable than the old one - it crashed a few times without any visible reason, while the old version worked fine for years. Of course, some sites don't work properly because it lacks some functions, but I think they only add more vulnerabilities.

Sparrow Song

• Bird Youkai Enthusiast
  • Feathers are the greatest!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »
I'm using a newer version at work and I find some interface changes extremely inconvenient.

You may find this interesting. - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/