Author Topic: Sales and such.  (Read 4361 times)

Sales and such.
« on: December 04, 2014, 03:35:19 AM »
I've looked around a bit, but haven't seen anything directly relating to this in the rules or such, sooo...

Is there any stance here regarding things such as making a thread about having merchandise that you're interested in selling? I'm going to be putting a small chunk of Touhou stuff onto ebay in the coming days/weeks, but if it wouldn't run against any rules I figured trying my luck here before going that route wouldn't hurt.

Thanks, and apologies if I've missed anything that touches on this. ^^;

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
Re: Sales and such.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 02:51:22 PM »
The subforum you're looking for would be here, my friend.

For better insight as to how to present your items of the trade, check this person's thread to take inspiration from.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:44:04 PM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 03:29:32 AM »
The subforum you're looking for would be here, my friend.

For better insight as to how to present your items of the trade, check this person's thread to take inspiration from.

Well, I feel a bit silly. I skimmed over that board and completely missed the fact that there's a sales thread right there on the first page.  ^^;

Thank you for pointing that out to me!

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 03:33:49 AM »
It's cool, We have had a social experiment that proves no one really reads stickies anyway. (Look at the time distance between my most recent post in there, that I just made, and the one before it.)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 02:14:53 PM »
It's cool, We have had a social experiment that proves no one really reads stickies anyway. (Look at the time distance between my most recent post in there, that I just made, and the one before it.)
Afaik, tourists or newbies, are not allowed to view or post on Cafe, Rumia and similar boards. I had to approve the post of Zooop as well here.

Edit I seem to be wrong, think only some boards were off limits. Confused. Oh well.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 10:54:10 PM »

Yeah, that's been my experience when it comes to forum operation as well, for the most part. In the past I've served as an administrator of an obnoxiously large forum that, even with stickies, dedicated rule pages, a dedicated FAQ, pre-registration TOS page, etc,  had a steady stream of questions that were... honestly a bit amazing at times.  :V

The main thing that had me a little uncertain in this particular case is that stuff regarding commercial activity usually (in my experience at least) involves some hoops that are needed to jump through (specific permission from a particular admin/some sort of approval process/etc), which I didn't see any obvious sign of.

At any rate, thanks again, Soichiro, for the info! I suppose I'll go ahead and start sorting out the things that I don't want to part with, and taking some photos of everything that I wouldn't mind getting rid of.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:56:05 PM by zooop »