Author Topic: When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace~  (Read 3421 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace~
« on: December 02, 2014, 11:54:58 AM »
Why isn't there a topic for this? This is Trigger's 2nd official animated series.

Seriously though, dayum...
In episode 7, here we see
Spoiler:
how Hatoko summarizes how normal people see weaboos...or weird people in general.
:V
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:56:38 AM by En »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace~
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 12:13:53 PM »
Why isn't there a topic for this? This is Trigger's 2nd official animated series.

The next Trigger Project is the ballin' Ninja Slayer. This is just something to pass the time.

Seriously though, dayum...
In episode 7, here we see
Spoiler:
how Hatoko summarizes how normal people see weaboos...or weird people in general.
:V

If you're not watching the show, you should at least witness the rant, yeah. Original. Parody.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 01:17:47 PM »
I tried hard to like this because I want Trigger to make good things, but I really, really hated it. The first episode was okay enough (and I was being forgiving enough) that I got my hopes up, but I thought the second episodes was mind-crushingly boring and stupid and haven't been able to bring myself to try a third. If I didn't like the second episode do you think there's a chance I might like any of the ones after that?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »
I dropped it after the fourth episode. At first I thought it was interesting and I got my hopes up because Trigger was invovled, but as the anime was progressing, I got bored and lost my motivation to watch it.

I guess it looks good, and the characters could be a reason to watch it, but most of them feel really generic to me and didn't attract me that much.

And I don't even want to talk about their powers, since they don't seem to serve any relevant purpose.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 02:54:37 PM »
It's a crappy romcom with a twist (the superpowers) that could've been interesting, but said twist is largely unexploited to focus on the (terrible) character relationship drama instead.

Basically, the show was super disappoint.

Edit: If you want a show of this type that doesn't have superpowers but is otherwise far superior in literally every conceivable way, go watch GJ-Bu instead.  Not enough people got to watch it.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 03:37:23 PM »
It's not that bad. But it is kind of generic if you ask me. :derp:
Blame the manga/novel/whatever, not Trigger. I'd say they did a good job on this.

Edit: If you want a show of this type that doesn't have superpowers but is otherwise far superior in literally every conceivable way, go watch GJ-Bu instead.  Not enough people got to watch it.
DUDE. GJ-BU WAS SO F-IN ADORABLE.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »
Yeah, the source material for this is apparently abysmal.  Trigger's adaptation can only do so much, I suppose.

DUDE. GJ-BU WAS SO F-IN ADORABLE.

Yes.  And now I must rewatch it, for hairbrushing scenes.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 11:15:52 PM »
Yeah, in fairness the adaptation doesn't seem bad. The only times I ever laughed or even smiled during the two episodes I watched were nicely-animated bits with funny expressions and stuff. The animation was not the problem...
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 11:32:54 PM »
Yeah, yeah. I went into this thinking it'd be a fun time but actually dropped it right at the first episode when I realized I actively hated the script. "No need to explain" the anime.

Note that the studio is Trigger, but these are none of the powerhouses behind Kill la Kill or Panty & Stocking or Inferno Cop. I guess Trigger's B Team is pretty good, but we would've seen a lot more flair if Trigger had taken this adaptation seriously. Instead they're treating it as a side-project as they should be.  :justasplanned:

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 12:02:57 AM »
brb buying a bag of chips to awaken my dormant powers

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 12:30:45 AM »
If you want a show of this type that doesn't have superpowers but is otherwise far superior in literally every conceivable way, go watch GJ-Bu instead.  Not enough people got to watch it.
Oh god I JUST watched Gj-Bu a couple weeks ago and I still can't let it go, it was too good.

I was thinking of watching this after the anime ended but if it's really that bad I might as well drop it from my "to watch" list.

LaserTurtle

• Master of the lurk
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 02:22:59 AM »
I gave it a shot, but I expected more action and less romance troubles. Dropped around episode 5. The main character ended up being really annoying, and I didn't stick around for the others to get their character development.

Man, I watched GJ-bu when it was airing, that was great. Something about it just makes the whole thing feel like a great slice of life show. I guess it's the character interactions.

You know what? I'll rewatch it.

Spoiler:
I'm pleasantly surprised so many other people seem to like it. I thought it would be passed off as just another generic slice of life adaptation thing.
Off The Rails [complete!] 1  2 - Sharks jumped: Somewhere between one and all of them
Talking to yourself isn't a sign of madness. Expecting a reply is.
Stare too long into the abyss and the abyss stares back, and then it gets awkward until one of you breaks eye contact.