Author Topic: Does Zun hate Marisa?  (Read 50182 times)

AntKiller

Re: Does Zun hate Marisa?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 05:52:49 PM »
He just likes giving her unconventional shot types, that's all. If he hated Marisa would she have Master Spark and be in every touhou game but two?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »
He just likes giving her unconventional shot types, that's all.
This.

Marisa/Patchouli was one of the most fun and unique shot types in a Touhou game so far.  You could play SA with completely different strategies than you normally would.  I greatly enjoyed that.

As for IN, the Malice Cannon was great... if tricky to use on the later bosses, but it definitely made Marisa/Alice the strongest team in terms of sheer damage output.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 12:00:24 PM by Garlyle »

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »
Trend seems to be that Reimu gets the *ahem* Easy Mode shot types while Marisa gets the shots that need a bit more skill (or which are bugged). That's been pretty consistent over the games.

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 06:31:57 AM »
If you love Marisa less because she was given weaker shot types that means you are not hardcore in love for a fictional video game character or in skill.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 10:04:53 AM »
If you love Marisa less because she was given weaker shot types that means you are not hardcore in love for a fictional video game character or in skill.

It's not that I love Marisa less, rather it's the sadness of not seeing her shine as bright as she used to
rofl bye

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 02:28:44 PM »
Somehow is hard to make her shine =.=

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »
deliberate trolling.

I'm starting to feel that's what this topic is. You ask a question about peoples opinions, and then when they disagree with your conclusion you just shoot down whatever they say. Jeeze.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 06:36:02 PM »
I'm starting to feel that's what this topic is. You ask a question about peoples opinions, and then when they disagree with your conclusion you just shoot down whatever they say. Jeeze.

Nah, not really. Just some mild fanning of the flames here and there to try and keep the thread going and the different opinions coming. My wish to find out how other players were receiving the "new and improved" Marisa from the latest touhous is legitimate.
rofl bye

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2009, 08:39:04 PM »
My personal opinion is that UFO-Marisa doesn't exist.

Well, she does exist, just her smock doesn't exist. There's no possible way for the smock to have been conceived in touhou canon. Marisa would not take the time to make it, Alice wouldn't have made a Smock with a Giant M on it just to give to Marisa (Whether it's because Alice doesn't like Marisa or because Alice already gave her a Mantle to use during the Winter of SA), and absolutely no one else in the Harem will even take the time or has the patients to sew for somebody else.

Basically, the only way I can imagine Marisa Wearing a Smock like that is some Japanese guy going "Marisa will never wear a Smock like that." and due to Rinnosuke's theory on the outside world's beliefs, the Smock just appeared in her closet.

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 08:48:32 PM »
My theory on the smock is that ZUN drew her with it because he thought it would look cute.

Seriously, you people overanalyze this stuff way too much.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2009, 09:02:05 PM »
My theory on the smock is that ZUN drew her with it because he thought it would look cute.

Except its obviously awful and bloody ridiculous...
rofl bye

Herasy

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 09:08:36 PM »

If that's your opinion sure...

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2009, 09:18:28 PM »
If that's your opinion sure...

It is so it must obviously be truth.

Off-topic: Did you misspell "Heresy" for your user name?
rofl bye

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2009, 09:22:26 PM »
It is so it must obviously be truth.

Nice boat Trolling.

AntKiller

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 09:23:39 PM »
off off topic: if you do ban him, don't ban by ip pl0x.
we live at the same house. ToT

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 09:42:06 PM »

I didn't say that I liked it, though I really don't have an opinion on it either way(Who the hell plays these games for the artwork, seriously).  My point is that ZUN will do what he wants with his games/characters, and no matter how horrible you think his decisions may be, there's not much you can do about it.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 10:02:17 PM »
I didn't say that I liked it, though I really don't have an opinion on it either way(Who the hell plays these games for the artwork, seriously).  My point is that ZUN will do what he wants with his games/characters, and no matter how horrible you think his decisions may be, there's not much you can do about it.

The harsh truth u.u
Nice boat Trolling.

Thank you, I do my best.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:03:58 PM by VileLasagna »
rofl bye

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 11:08:01 PM »
*sings* They see me trollin' ... they flamin' ...

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2009, 12:45:43 AM »
@VileLasagna: Why don't you have a go at Cassie or Letty (the user) next? Should be fun to watch.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2009, 03:47:39 AM »
@VileLasagna: Why don't you have a go at Cassie or Letty (the user) next? Should be fun to watch.

Even better, have a go at Moogy. I'd sell Pay-Per-View tickets and get RICH!
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 09:13:12 AM »

Letty is always right too, which makes it somewhat difficult to argue with him/her/it. Haven't met the other two yet but, who knows....
rofl bye

Herasy

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 11:17:02 AM »

Actually, I didn't!
It's a silly user name that I made up a long time ago, considering changing it.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 11:52:37 AM »
Actually, I didn't!
It's a silly user name that I made up a long time ago, considering changing it.

It's quite the mindfuck. I keep jumping between "Heresy" and "Hearsay"
rofl bye

ark7

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 08:55:31 PM »

Frankly, I think the characters/teams available for each game are sometimes imbalanced so that you have the option of playing with a weaker character/team if you're a hardcore player. But imo that should NOT be Marisa. She should be hard to play but strong.

Edit: And about her new clothes... They could look wonderful in another character. Read: *another* character.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 09:02:46 PM by ark7 »

Alice

• 英雄不怕太陽高
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2009, 01:19:01 AM »

Frankly, I think the characters/teams available for each game are sometimes imbalanced so that you have the option of playing with a weaker character/team if you're a hardcore player. But imo that should NOT be Marisa. She should be hard to play but strong.

Edit: And about her new clothes... They could look wonderful in another character. Read: *another* character.

Is that so?

Herasy

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2009, 02:45:53 AM »
It's quite the mindfuck. I keep jumping between "Heresy" and "Hearsay"
Mission Accomplished

Oh, really?

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2009, 03:04:07 AM »
Who here wants to bet that ZUN has a smock fetish now? I wouldn't be surprised if all the playable characters wear them by TH 16 or something.

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2009, 03:08:19 AM »
Marisa's pretty much always had petticoats (well, starting in EoSD, anyway). The difference is just that this one is ridiculous. Kinda like Marisa herself, come to think of it ...

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2009, 03:18:22 AM »
Who here wants to bet that ZUN has a smock fetish now? I wouldn't be surprised if all the playable characters wear them by TH 16 or something.
Gensokyo NEED a fashion designer!

Alice

• 英雄不怕太陽高
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2009, 07:31:59 AM »
Gensokyo NEED a fashion designer!
Alice can designs do many clothes for her dolls, I bet she can design a lot of clothes for Gensokyo's peoples too.