Author Topic: MJP's Sales Thread: Early 2000s Anime and Manga, Madoka Magica BD set 1  (Read 2582 times)

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
I just uncovered a box full of manga and anime in my basement. Relive the glory days of the manga boom years of 2004-2008ish with Gunslinger Girl, Texhnolyze, Genshiken, and more!  Imgur album with everything: http://imgur.com/a/dHzcE

I have 290 positive feedback on Ebay: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ozmjp  If it puts your mind at ease I am happy to list an item or items there if you want to buy with Ebay's protection above and beyond Paypal's protection.

Everything has been kept in bookshelves until it went into storage. Everything is excellent condition unless mentioned otherwise. They come from a non-smoking home.

I'm more than willing to cut discounts! The more you buy the more I discount! All prices OBO! Make some offers, worst I can say is no. Will trade en masse for Gunpla kits, a 3DS, or PS Vita.

All DVDs/BDs are legitimate R1 releases, purchased brand new.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica volume 1 BD set, still sealed in shrink-wrap. Real deal Aniplex. Asking $30 - this one comes with free shipping! Can't find a better price on it anywhere.

Samurai Champloo DVD vol 1 - $5
Kamichu DVD vol 1 - $5
Pani Poni Dash DVD vol 1 - $5

First disc first editions. Good shape for all.

Full Metal Panic - The Second Raid complete series, original ADV release, still in shrink wrap. Asking $10.

Texhnolyze - complete series, no artbox. Original production run, not the thinpack version. Opened and viewed once or twice. Asking $20 for all six discs.

Genshiken - complete DVD series, released long before Japan even got the Genshiken OVAs. All three discs are in great shape, watched a few times then stored. Asking $10 for all three discs.

Manga is $4 OBO per volume, or per-series as priced. Some yellowing on the very outside edges of pages, but nothing on the page itself. It's only noticeable if you close the books and look at them directly under the light.

Gunslinger Girl, vol. 1-6 - I think this is all we ever got in America. $20 for the complete set.

Yakitate!! Japan, vols 1-5 and 7. 6 is in bad shape - was in the trunk of my car - and 7 has some curl on the back cover. $17 for the set.

Genshiken vols. 1-9, probably the first epitome of How to Do American Releases Right. $30 takes the set.

Megatokyo, vol 1 original Studio Ironcat release, vols 2 & 3 original Dark Horse releases, vol 4 original CMX release. Yes, I actually PURCHASED these. Free if you spend $50, otherwise I'd let them all go for $10.

Red Prowling Devil vols 1-8. I don't even remember what else Comics One put out - I think they also did Maico 2010 and Iron Wok Jan, IIRC. $25 for the set.

Nambul War Stories - vols 1-3. CPM tried to get into the Korean manga/manhwa game and this is one of the results. Very gritty story of a new conflict between Korea and Japan. $15 takes the set on this one given its relative rarity.

Musashi #9 volumes 1-8, a very interesting semi-gender bending espionage story. I never even got to reading vols 4-8. Darn near new. $25 takes the set.

Everything ships from Union, NJ, 07083. It all qualifies for Media Mail so shipping shouldn't be a killer.

Again, make an offer - worst I could say is no!

Re: MJP's Sales Thread: Early 2000s Anime and Manga, Madoka Magica BD set 1
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 05:13:29 AM »
I would like to strongly recommend Genshiken to anyone - the anime was fantastic (though I think I watched it off fansubs, it was at anime club in college so the domestic DVD release must not have been out yet), I haven't read the manga though. I'd also like to recommend Yakitate but he's only selling the manga (anime never even got an English release at all IIRC) and again, only seen the anime lol. Bet it's still pretty great though.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 05:24:48 AM »
I actually do own all of Genshiken (and KujiUn!), very highly recommended! If no one buys them, you should donate them to a library or something, they really do have that much literary value in my eyes.

Menorah Jams, Pham

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »
I actually do own all of Genshiken (and KujiUn!), very highly recommended! If no one buys them, you should donate them to a library or something, they really do have that much literary value in my eyes.

How dare you, Red Prowling Devil has more literary value than the entire canon of Joyce and is totes worth my asking price  :colbert:

Spoiler:
they give tax-deductible receipts, right?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 02:59:53 PM »
What's the shipping cost like for 6-7 volumes of manga, and which of us would pay for it? And is the 'really bad shape' #6 copy of Yakitate Japan included, or can you not bring yourself to give it away in that condition?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Menorah Jams, Pham

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »
What's the shipping cost like for 6-7 volumes of manga, and which of us would pay for it? And is the 'really bad shape' #6 copy of Yakitate Japan included, or can you not bring yourself to give it away in that condition?

I think it's still in my car's trunk.  If I can find it it's thrown in at no additional cost.  It's just not in the picture because I found the box of stuff in my basement last night and I was psyched to get it up on the markets.

I'd ship via Media Mail so 7 volumes, calling it at around 3 lbs 10 oz on the high end, mailed from Jersey to Cali ran at $5 without insurance, $6.50 with.  Media Mail is intended for books and stuff like that, so you're well covered.

Buyer pays shipping unless you buy a lot - the more you want, the more willing I am to make shipping free!   

Menorah Jams, Pham

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 03:13:12 PM »
Texhnolyze has sold elsewhere, but everything else is available.

Offer up any interesting trades!  Would happily trade the whole schlog AND pay shipping for a PS Vita or 3DS/3DS XL.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 06:31:21 PM »
I've actually been interested in starting Genshiken for a while, so I'm definitely a potential buyer for the manga if it's still available. I just need to wait until Friday to get paid.

EDIT 11/24: Everything arrived today while I was out. Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:49:17 AM by Mimeslayer »

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)