Author Topic: Touhou 14.5 announced at Digital Game Expo 2014!  (Read 47094 times)

Re: Touhou 14.5 announced at Digital Game Expo 2014!
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2014, 08:04:17 AM »
Before its magic is exhausted, go and rob the shrine of as many assets as you can!

Heh, I think the introduction is pretty funny. Seija must not know where to rob, assuming she is trying to rob the Hakurei shrine.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2014, 08:10:31 AM »
Heh, I think the introduction is pretty funny. Seija must not know where to rob, assuming she is trying to rob the Hakurei shrine.

In the narrative I've created in my mind, the Hakurei Shrine had an exceptionally good day with donations on account of some mysterious generous donor or something, but Reimu didn't put her guard up, as she assumed any malignant youkai would assume the shrine was impoverished as always. Somehow, Seija found out about the huge cache of gold and decided to go for it.

NOT A SERIOUS THEORY, canon-nerds, this is my own joke explanation for ZUN's hilarious premise.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2014, 10:06:12 AM »
I dunno, I'm pretty sure "canon-nerds" are aware that this game is a "what if" made just for fun and that it wasn't ever implied to be canon, which makes theories involving it (joke theory or not) irrelevant when discussing canon anyway. You started your post saying it was headcanon, so no need for the friendly reminder that it wasn't a serious theory, it's not like anyone with some good sense would attack you for it.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2014, 10:19:03 AM »
In a recent Suzunaan chapter, Reimu's storehouse turned out to have plenty of rice. This should have no bearing on the game - I think Reimu is the boss, because outwitting Reimu, the invincible protagonist, is a running theme in the spinoff games.

Some has also suggested that Reimu used her second and third spell cards when she realized Seija is creating gold, and tried to cash in herself. Makes sense given their names.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:25:45 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2014, 10:21:46 AM »
Seija's ability makes it so that she gets lots of donations.  :P

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2014, 10:33:31 AM »
Some has also suggested that Reimu used her second and third spell cards

What were those again, I can't seem to recall.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »
What were those again, I can't seem to recall.
You can always go back and check the thread's first page again.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2014, 06:14:32 PM »
You can always go back and check the thread's first page again.

Ah my apologies didn't see that post.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~