Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest - Incident Causer Mayhem!  (Read 2353 times)

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
Danmakufu Contest - Incident Causer Mayhem!
« on: November 10, 2014, 03:24:08 PM »
Greetings, HME board! This past month I hosted a contest over on the Rika and Nitori Garage Experiments(RaNGE) board. The theme for this contest was to create a battle with any of the final bosses(sans Reimu, Yukari, etc.) from the official Touhou Project series with a maximum of 6 nonspells and 6 spells, and a minimum of 2nons and 3 spells.  If you want to learn more about the contest itself you can click here to redirect you to the RaNGE topic.

About Danmakufu(Short ver.) - Skip this if you know about this already:
Danmakufu basically allows people to script their own scripts of Touhou(or non-Touhou) character using its own language based off of C-based language.
There is two versions of Danmakufu: an old one that is no longer updated, but with plenty of tutorials(.12m) and a newer one that's updated often, however lacks the amount of tutorials that .12m has, but a lot of it is easily translated between the two(PH3). It may not seem obvious, but you cannot play .12m scripts on PH3 and vice-versa.  I'll provide download links to the current engines.

Danmakufu PH3(Newer)(Does not need Applocale) Click on 東方弾幕風ph3 [.1 pre4a] and it'll immediately start the download.
Danmakufu .12m(Older)(Require Applocale if you don't have a computer with Japanese locale) click on 東方弾幕風 v0.12m and it'll immediately start the download.
Applocale(for Microsoft users)

Entries:
Lefkada's Konngara(PH3, Engine Included)
Arby26's Mima(PH3)
TrickySticks' Yuuka(.12m)
Goldstein-Izayoi's Yuuka(.12m)
Darkness1's Shinki(PH3)
Baron Blade's Remilia(PH3) - Put the contents of Shot Data(REQUIRE)(not the folder) into the default_system folder in "script"
Bob the Tanuki's Eirin(.12m)
Alicirno's Yuyuko(PH3)
Sariel's Shikieiki(PH3)
100-sun-studios' Yuyuko (PH3)
Conarnar's Yuyuko(PH3)
Yukkuri_Yukkuri_Yukkuri's Remilia(.12m) Do not rename folder, Place into the scripts folder and place the "Shot_Replace" folder provided with the script in the main script directory.
Kirbio's Utsuho(PH3; Engine Included)
TresserT's Kanako(PH3)
Ultimadragon88's Konngara(PH3)
Lunartic's Yumemi(PH3)
Sparen's Kanako(PH3)

The final deadline for entries is 6pm Central Time Zone (GMT - 6:00) so be sure to check back then for the completed entries!
Being there's so many entries, it'll take some time to judge, so make sure you hit that notify button!

Credits:
A big thanks to my fellow judges ExPorygon and AJS, who were willing take time out of their day to help judge all these scripts.
and a huge thanks to all those who participated and supported this contest!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:28:19 PM by PhantomSong »

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
Re: Danmakufu Contest - Incident Causer Mayhem!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 01:48:02 AM »
Judging is now currently underway!

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
Re: Danmakufu Contest - Incident Causer Mayhem!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 06:00:08 PM »
Attention contestants and fans of Danmakufu!

I will be streaming as many contest entries as possible this afternoon at 4:30 PM EST complete with my first impressions of them. Full judgement will follow.

www.twitch.tv/exporygon