Author Topic: Cyberpunk Gensokyo  (Read 3381 times)

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Cyberpunk Gensokyo
« on: November 04, 2014, 11:46:19 PM »
So how would you associate the 2hu's powers, or the 2hus in general if Gensokyo is Cyberpunk instead of magical?

Will it be that the girls are Super Soldiers created by the Army or a syndicate?
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
Re: Cyberpunk Gensokyo
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:14:40 AM »
I figure the most direct way to do it would be to replace youkai with battle robots that became sentient (for some reason only the android models show up on-screen), and magician youkai with full-body cyborgs. Other characters who turned from human to youkai would be the result of uploading their minds into robot bodies. Lunarians are genetically engineered I guess, through a process invented by Eirin.

Rinnosuke would be a guy with cyborg eyes that can scan things, while Youmu would have cyborg limbs that make her super-fast.
Unzan is an antiquated, bulky robot that can't speak, which Ichirin found in a pile of scrap and decided to repair.
The Saigyou Ayakashi is a supercomputer that runs everything in the Hakugyokuro district , with an AI named Yuyuko that can project itself as a hologram. Yuyuko was originally a human whose consciousness was uploaded into the system, but the process was flawed and damaged her memory.
Mamizou is an infiltration unit - it's well known that her model has terrible specs due to the room needed for all those image projectors, but Mamizou herself is so skilled that she can take down far more advanced machines with ease.
Seiga is a notorious hacker who can pass through any firewall. She also deals in weird drugs that can really mess with your brain - poor Yoshika started on the weak stuff, but now she can't even go to her poetry sessions any more. All attempts to put her behind bars have failed - whenever the feds get too close she just changes her name and moves to a new location (she's even faked her own death once or twice).
The Miracle Mallet is a computer virus which only Sukuna knew the password to activate.
Miko is a genius engineer who can work on ten projects at once. A child prodigy, her school project was a set of small robots with primitive AIs that could communicate with each other, allowing them to learn more and more complex behaviours by working together; she had no idea that it had learned to seek out power sources on its own, that it had kept evolving for more than a decade...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 01:29:06 AM by Prime32 »

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:16:52 AM »
I like it. Alice would be a human who uploaded her mind, then became a sort of master computer in control of several lesser robots. Suika would be a virus, maybe sentient maybe not. Seija would be a rogue AI bent on destroying machine kind. And if youkai are machines, I say gods would be hackers. Maybe not the most logical jump, but I find it fitting for the Moriyas.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 01:29:32 AM »
Hisotensoku would be the same. Probably.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 02:11:44 AM »
I like it. Alice would be a human who uploaded her mind, then became a sort of master computer in control of several lesser robots. Suika would be a virus, maybe sentient maybe not. Seija would be a rogue AI bent on destroying machine kind. And if youkai are machines, I say gods would be hackers. Maybe not the most logical jump, but I find it fitting for the Moriyas.

I think Prime32's idea of hermits as hackers/engineers fits better. If we have to separate youkai from gods (which we totally should), I would make youkai AIs with robot bodies while gods just exist freely in the net. In the end, they're both AIs but they take a different form.

Kasen is a hacker who pretends not to be an AI by using a keyboard instead of just plugging in.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 02:28:34 AM »
Futo is a hacker, but she prefers old-fashioned storage media for some reason. She spends nearly all her time burning discs.

If we have to separate youkai from gods (which we totally should), I would make youkai AIs with robot bodies while gods just exist freely in the net. In the end, they're both AIs but they take a different form.
Sounds like a good model, but how would you handle Sanae? A girl in a coma whose mind is connected to the Internet?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:34:53 AM by Prime32 »

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 03:59:02 AM »
Gonna make some correlation with .hack here.

Though I like what you do with youkai and gods, I like to think that Yukari is an entity like Aura, or maybe an AI machine, but has a human form out of the net.

So, Superhuman Hijiri Byakuren is now Iron Man?
Super Iron Man, yeah!
With futuristic Palanquin Ship, captained by Murasa, who is the ship itself.

And I like that one for Sanae. She'll be like Tsukasa, still a human but have to exist within the game.

The underground residents should be those defects machines that are isolated in an underground junkyard, even though some of them were just "deemed a defect".

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 05:11:09 AM »
So what would that make Koishi?

By the way, Ran is a pocket calculator.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 08:02:06 AM »
Didn't expect anything from this, but wow, some ideas fit so awesomely.

Incident resolvers are totally shadowrunners.
Kaguya is a high-ranking manager and Eirin is a lead scientist in Hourai megacorp. They did some unauthorized research on nanomachines but were fired for that (well, Eirin was forgiven, but she "quit"), and later they hid their findings. Mokou, a vigilante spy for a rival company, got turned into a nanocyborg by accident (don't ask how), and there are rumors the other two did that to themselves as well. They were later joined by a deserter security bot good for nothing bu-- *shot*.
Said megacorp has its headquarters in an arcology at the bottom of an ocean.

Futo is a hacker, but she prefers old-fashioned storage media for some reason. She spends nearly all her time burning discs.

I laughed more than I should have.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:30:05 AM by C.Angel »