Author Topic: CPSS6: A New Beginning - Reveal List Posted  (Read 203040 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: Cirno's Perfect Secret Santa 6: A New Beginning - OPEN THEM PRESENTS!
« Reply #600 on: December 25, 2014, 10:23:39 PM »

Package, tools, censorship, and assistant!

Just a single box, but with some assistance from Miku, the box is opened quickly.

Hmm, from the look and feel, it's definitely a small book. Maybe a Miku artbook?

!!! AKB, SANJOU!

(Unfortunately Sonata went AWOL quite a while ago and I need to clean my room :|)
An AKB0048 fanbook! Thanks so much, secret santa! Now to rewatch the entire series and cry at lack of season 3
But seriously, watch this show people, the art is beautiful
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:08:07 PM by PX »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #601 on: December 25, 2014, 10:42:05 PM »
Finally got around to the gift opening portion of my day.

Firstly, a large package:
[attach=1]

First thing I saw inside was a wrapped up box. I opened that and...
[attach=2]

WHOAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "box" itself is the gift. More particularly, I've been told it's a shadowbox and it's all handmade and drawn with 3D elements so Akyu, some of the large flowers, and the scroll are all sticking out. This is so fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we get to the next item which I unwrap:
[attach=3]

It's a mug that says Eat'nPark on it. Looks like it's a small family chain restaurant in the Pennsylvania/Ohio area, but Google shows there's one in Burbank, CA. Diner type places are awesome; I'll have to try it out when I can. And inside were 2 pins. And OMG they are handdrawn too!!! Kosuzu and Reisen! They're both super cute.

So, the things I put on my wish list were local things, handmade things, trinkets, Akyu and Kosuzu (I am loving Forbidden Scrollery). And my Secret Santa went and worked hard and covered everything on the list. I am so touched. It's all wonderful. Based on the various details I could find, I am guessing that my Secret Santa is Aoshi. Thank you so much!!!!

Here's a closer look at the Akyu piece:
[attach=4]

The watercolor is fantastic. I love the shadows on her dress. Thank you for putting so much love and effort into these gifts. It's so so wonderful! Happy Holidays!!!

Edit: Click for better quality. Sorry for crinking your necks.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:07:58 PM by Kiro »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #602 on: December 25, 2014, 10:45:16 PM »
HEY GANG! WHO'S READY FOR SOME SHITTY 3DS PICTURES?!

Here, in the eternal battlefield of the Astragius Galaxy, lies a secret, unbeknownst to the soldiers that give their lives for a war with no meaning.

But with the proper tools, one can learn the truth.

Having excavated the top layer of soil during Balarant's latest upswing, my lovely assistant and I were shocked to find a curious shell of undefinable grayish matter, perhaps a product of the Quaintian Civilization?

Ever fearless, my lovely assistant journeyed deeper with, and uncovered a variety of artifacts! Without a doubt, the Quaintmen were here!

Here we see a disturbing vessel, perhaps an icon to their curious leaders who arose at the end of the Quaintian Era? I suspect it was designed to hold sacrificial libations to their unknowable thirsts.

Zounds! Could it be? A record of the Quaintian Downfall! Could this hold the story of Wiseman?! What a find!

Dear god! It's the record of the resistance! Here indeed si the story of Quaint's downfall! This could redefine what we know of the history of the Astragius Galaxy!

What is this, Lovely Assistant?

A missive?

It is! A message! But who can decode it?

"Yo, Purvis!

Another Secret Santa has come to pass, tis I who taken the reigns! Kind of muddled on what to get for an old cuss like you, so I hope what is included in this package is at least semi-satisfactory!

Sincerely, Your CPSS Secret Santa!"

H-how.  How can this be?! C-could the Overman had left this, all those thousands of years ago, knowing I would come to find it? Is, is this fate? Have I always been a puppet?!

"(Me including this doodle may not make it so secret, but whatevs!)"

That...pictograph... no...

LOVELY ASSISTANT, IT'S YOU! IT'S ALWAYS BEEN YOU! YOU WERE THE OVERMAN THE WHOLE TIME!!!

War. War is the eternal fate of the Astragius Galaxy. These artifacts, so lovely and precious, they are the proof. From the very beginning, the Balarant and the Gilgamesh... It was all planned. We have seen the face of the Overman, she was with us the whole time... What does this mean for us all? Will the demon flames consume us all? Oh, if only I could have been the Overman!!

Spoiler:
Thank you so much! This is lovely, and I shall enjoy both of these books, I am sure!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:05:00 PM by Purvis »

« Reply #604 on: December 25, 2014, 10:51:13 PM »
Yay! Got something in my e-mail!

YASSSSSS!!! SUCH A GENEROUS SECRET SANTA!
OMFG WHOEVER YOU ARE THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!! I hope you had a Merry Christmas too :DDDD!
Apologies if my letter to Santa (?) was too confusing. It seemed like I asked for a lot of stuff but actually they were just suggestions... it now makes me a little embarrassed, haha. Anyway, again, many thanks!!

ohmygod it's the first time I'll be able to get Things From The Internet - and that's because I haven't gotten a job. Oh, well. It's thrilling.

춤추는 작은 까탈레나~

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #606 on: December 25, 2014, 11:38:37 PM »
also forza vento says shame on you for not remembering we already got this book through you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

« Reply #607 on: December 26, 2014, 01:08:44 AM »
I was out all day with friends and family (and Christmas also happens to be my birthday so I'm extra busy this day). Time for CPSS opening present time!

OK, Reimu, let's get started!

The return address give away who is it but that's not a true giveaway!

What's that, Reimu?

Open this first? Okay!

Hmmm...

This is one of the CDs I asked N-Forza to get me a long time ago!

Let's open the big box.

What could be inside?!?

Oh! It's a Madoka figure!

Reimu hopes Madoka doesn't cry too much.

Next!

More CDs? From the list I gave N-Forza? Suspicious...

There's a little thing under the CDs.

What is it, Reimu? No. Really. WHAT IS IT?!

What's this bright yellow bo-...

Oh man, the English Touhou Peanuts! Awesome!

An art book of Hidamari Sketch! Neat!

What are you pointing at towards the side of the box, Reimu?

How'd Suika get in there?

Ah, it's a stick poster from C-Clays! I like the artwork.

All the stuff together.

As for the CDs, I'll put them with the others.

Thanks, Secret Santa whom I'm sure is N-Forza!

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #608 on: December 26, 2014, 01:10:18 AM »
ALRIGHT IT IS TIME FOR A BOX TO BE SACRIFICED IN THE NAME OF OUR GREAT LORD SANTA

A whole box of wrapping paper!? Just what I've always wanted-

oh wait no there are things under this.

It's a card! That's my name! And it's even spelled right! (This may be an actual first with regards to real-life correspondence under this username.)

:toot:!?

t-toot...

can't make any promises pal

OK, let's take a look at what this big floppy thing is first...

MARISA PLUSHIE AWW YISS
I've always wanted one of these things but they always seemed really expensive. Thanks a lot mystery santa person!

wait my name isn't marisa what's this

???

Ah, I see. Guess I'll have to make the most of our year together, then. :P

So what else do we have here?

what is delicious
i like delicious

these look pretty fukn delicious

Ooh, that's cool. I bet it'd be even cooler if it was-

:O

I have finished six Layton games. SIX. Nothing you offer can faze me. >B|

Wait, THREE dimensions?! That's 50% more dimensions than I normally work in! Perhaps this will be a worthy challenge after all...

Alright, one more package.

If you sent me a copy of Birdemic I would probably hug you and punch you at the same time.

But it's a dolphin movie! I see you kept with the theme here. (BUT HOW CAN THIS BE A BAD MOVIE IT'S GOT MORGAN FREEMAN IN IT THAT MAN COULD READ THE PHONEBOOK AND MAKE IT RIVETING)

That's my haul more or less. Really happy with this little collection. Thanks again, Internet Generosity Person!

pineyappled

« Reply #609 on: December 26, 2014, 01:16:45 AM »

Looks like you did a piss-poor job of killing Nico, because she's only sorta dead. gg :colbert:

For real though, this is amazing. Especially the homu tank, because... everything. (also how did you know I like 77gl?) Thanks Maullar!! ;-;

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #610 on: December 26, 2014, 01:28:54 AM »
B-But how did *you* know? O_O
I know yer real name ya dolt

A HUNDRED BUCKS
#trueonepercenter #suckityj

Holy shit people are giving gigantic gifts this year goddamn guys
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Aoshi-shi

• Back at it again in the Land of Origin
  • maior e longinquo reverentia
« Reply #611 on: December 26, 2014, 01:34:15 AM »
Wow! That's the mug alright. Thanks!

This was my first try at making a shadowbox. I'm glad you like it (and everything else)!  :getdown:
Art Thread -->
Well gee, I have a Tumblr now.  | Twitter
 What a nice day to complain about mobage!
 |PADherder

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #612 on: December 26, 2014, 01:52:10 AM »
Okay, I'm here! I opened my package and took my pictures hours and hours ago, but I been busy. Get ready for shitty phone pictures with bad lighting!

My package was a large box with two smaller packages and another free-floating thing in it. This is the other thing:

It's a cute Reimu doll with a suction cup and string. I opened the box as soon as I received it to confirm that it was indeed for this Secret Santa, so she has been on my Christmas tree since then. And now that Christmas is over she's going in my office, where she will surely confound the guy next door.

WATCH OUT REIMU A TERRIBLE YOUKAI IS AFTER YOU!

There was a card in the box too. My roommate's cat has decided he's going to be in my pictures, so enjoy his insolent furry ass I guess.

The first of the two wrapped packages was this fine t-shirt, which is of a barbecue restaurant local to my Santa. It has the state of North Carolina on it and is very attractive.

The second wrapped package was this, a Magic: The Gathering holiday gift box. These are nice, solid boxes with a promo card, four booster packs, and an assortment (actually they're fixed, so technically a "sortment") of basic land.

These were the rares from my booster packs. That Sorin, Solemn Visitor is big. For those who aren't familiar with Magic, that's a pretty rare/valuable/good card. Better than I'm used to pulling for sure. I don't immediately have a deck that can play him, but I probably will some day. Also notably my uncommon pulls were excellent, with tons of trilands and a charm in every pack. Damn. Wish I had these in the release sealed I played in when Khans came out.

The box part of the gift box is extremely useful to me. My cards have been bouncing around unprotected in a big cardboard box for years and I've been trying to figure out how to contain them for as many years, and this thing works perfectly. I don't know why I never thought of it. It holds my entire collection in only a little over half its capacity, and it looks a lot nicer on a shelf than the brown corrugated box I had been using. And the dividers it comes with means my stuff is actually sorted now, so I can actually find things. Very good. This is very useful to me.

Motherfucking caaaaat.

I think I know who my Santa is from the name on the card, but I am not positive because I don't know their location (although I think the time zone matches) and the name might be a real name/screen name coincidence. But regardless, thank you, possibly mystery person, for your gifts. This is just the kind of stuff I like to see in a Secret Santa: A thing that relates to the general theme of the community, a local thing, and a useful thing that I should have bought for myself years ago but I never did for some reason. A+, would Santa again.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

N-Forza

« Reply #613 on: December 26, 2014, 02:10:14 AM »
Glad you liked it, sirslarty! I was tempting to put some Bemani stuff in your package because I thought I remember seeing you on a related forum a while back, but I couldn't remember for sure, or if you even still liked it. Your avatar was a better hint. :V

Also, that thing you didn't recognize is a sticker of a Yokai Watch character based on a rokurokubi, which was also the inspiration for Sekibanki.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #614 on: December 26, 2014, 02:18:42 AM »

I MUST HAVE THIS WHERE CAN I ACQUIRE FUCK I'M OUT OF MONEY SHIT
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #615 on: December 26, 2014, 02:21:41 AM »
(also how did you know I like 77gl?)

obviously I spent the last month stalking you on Danbooru and monitoring your favorites until I figured out what you liked I had a Youmu book handy and thought you would like it!

As for my gift, it's a bit delayed, but I'll post about it as soon as I'm able! Also, for those of you joining us at home, here's a digital version of that Youmu picture...

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

« Reply #616 on: December 26, 2014, 03:12:32 AM »
Glad you liked it, sirslarty! I was tempting to put some Bemani stuff in your package because I thought I remember seeing you on a related forum a while back, but I couldn't remember for sure, or if you even still liked it. Your avatar was a better hint. :V

Also, that thing you didn't recognize is a sticker of a Yokai Watch character based on a rokurokubi, which was also the inspiration for Sekibanki.

I still play pop'n music every once in a while. IIDX if I feel like torturing myself.

I saw the stretchy neck on the character on the sticker and thought that it was that!

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
« Reply #617 on: December 26, 2014, 03:32:59 AM »
Hello! Had a nice day at work, and got to spread lots of cheer during my shift into Christmas Day(especally when I wound up returning a $20 to a girl who lost it sometime over the weeked.). Now, time to open this nifty package. It's all slidey inside, wonder what it's hiding?

Hmm... it appears my tablets thinks I'm inside the scarlet devil mansion with all this red going on... Let's see if I can't my tech support to get it out of predator vision mode...

Always good to have one of these guys around. >:)

There we go, much better... Probably should upgrade my bed forums to allow more than one set of spoiler tags sometime >.>;. Anyways...

The box had a single package in it, but it was making quite a bit of noise for a single box.

Oh, sweet! Well, this explains things a bit. Really didn't expect this, but this is pretty cool. I was a bit interested in it when I was it at Otacon but didn't get a chance to get a close look at it then. Problem solved there, but I would have expected a clue here somewhere to who the secret santa was...

OH HEY THERE, ENVELOPE!  Thought you could evade me, did you? Well, let's see what's in here...

Oh crap, it looks like one of those trapy cards! Oh wait, this is a good thing! Almost tried to pull out a Mana Leak, that might not have ended well... really need to stay away from those burn decks...

This really is pretty cool! I hvaen't been able to figure out who my Secret Santa is just yet though. I do have a few ideas where to maybe try and find more clues, but I'm sleepy right now.

Looking back at all the gift ideas, really enjoying the fun extra touches that some people add in there. And man did Hele blow this one out of the water with that chest. Kiro, fun fact that the Christmas Tree on that mug is from an old commercial from the 90's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3NhDtfZmd0. That's a nice part of my childhood there.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 03:47:21 AM by Firestorm29 »

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #618 on: December 26, 2014, 03:48:48 AM »
Merikuri!

(In case anyone was curious, the camera on the HTC One is FUCKING AWFUL!!!)

2 things I love besides weeb shit and college hoops: Food (especially stuff I can't get in the States [my kingdom for a box of Black Thunder]) and alcohol, and this gift fulfills that first requirement perfectly, thanks hungrybookworm!

Also included was a cute little story about Ran but I'm :phoneposting: so maybe later.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #619 on: December 26, 2014, 04:19:38 AM »

Still images are for chumps.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #620 on: December 26, 2014, 04:27:26 AM »
#trueonepercenter #suckityj

Shut up my shipping was already $112 you wanna GO MATE

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #621 on: December 26, 2014, 04:28:28 AM »
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NE9M-YKnJG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ain't nobody got time for that

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #622 on: December 26, 2014, 04:46:47 AM »
:toot:!?
I take zero credit for the image I just found it on the internet  :V

Motherfucking caaaaat.
IF IT FITS I SITS

Still images are great for when you can't listen to a video  :colbert:

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #623 on: December 26, 2014, 04:48:42 AM »
Still images are not great for when you're browsing from your phone :colbert:
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #624 on: December 26, 2014, 04:58:31 AM »
half-surprised this didn't end up being a buttplug or something cough hack wheeze
Let's just say that there were other options for cat tails in the shop I bought these.   :]
Btw, these were wrapped in plastic when I bought it, so no need to worry about who touched them before. =p

[10:22:12] <Helepolis> Nietz for sure held back against Arashi
[10:22:26] <Helepolis> I am sure she tagged 'no nsfw please' otherwise Nietz would definitely gone balls out
Like Arashi said, she wrote it was okay, but I got the impression something too over the top wouldn't be so well received, and I didn't want my reputation to get even worse.  (But some porny yaoi drama CDs might have been a good idea indeed..)

[10:13:15] <Helepolis> I cant beat the Nietz
[10:13:22] <Helepolis> they have access to Japan material
Well, you have access to stroopwafel, so there.
And frankly, when it comes to SS, you're the one who can't be beaten.  m(_ _)m

[10:15:11] <Helepolis> Awww wtf Arashi you got a real DOGE COIN?!
[10:15:15] <Helepolis> paru paru paru paru paru
[10:15:18] <Helepolis> Wow
[10:15:25] <Helepolis> such jelus
I forgot to mention, that coin actually works as a paper wallet. The private key (for withdrawing) is encoded in the QR, and the public key (for deposit) is the one in written form.
I have to say though, that 10 doge is worth virtually nothing... for now! After the Memepocalypse, Dogecoin is sure to become the most valuable currency across the wasteland.

N-Forza

« Reply #625 on: December 26, 2014, 05:12:13 AM »
my kingdom for a box of Black Thunder
if only you had a friend in Japan...................................

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #626 on: December 26, 2014, 05:15:20 AM »

J-List -- You've got a friend in Japan!
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

« Reply #627 on: December 26, 2014, 09:07:42 AM »
It's in vogue to post a picture of the package with something cuddly to cover the address right?

Mauser can actually open up the package too.

Contents are as follows:

This lovely towel has some stitching on it.  The ethanol was obvious, the other, after a minute of study, I guessed would be glucose. Specifically it's L-Glucose.

Stylish Ice Cube trays

And some home-made biscotti. It smells tantalizing.

And lastly, an album from the band MissingNo. which does jazz arranges of video game tracks.
Hadn't heard of them, but their stuff is pretty classy upon a listening.
Thank you very much for the card and gifts triangles.  These will be put to good use.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #628 on: December 26, 2014, 11:34:21 AM »
Yeah really, a friend would truly understand my desire for Black Thunder.........

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #629 on: December 26, 2014, 11:48:48 AM »
Aaand, just one day after Christmas, the second part of my gift arrives!
So, me and a bunch of magical girl mascots went about opening it:

Here's the package, with an evil presence conveniently obscuring the address.

And here an much more amenable one looks as I open and reveal a readme file. Oh no, am I getting a virus from it?

But no, apparently I'm getting... tar for Christmas? Well, it's a step better than coal, I guess?

Oh, wait it's actually a mammoth plushie from the La Brea tar pits,  plus a book full of freaky cool fossils (my favorite so far is this one).
...so, what about that last one?

Oooh, a sabertooth tiger fossil sculpture? Even the creator of the multiverse seems impressed.
But yeah dude, since I specifically asked for not being sent angry live felines, making sure it was dead was the least you cold do. :colbert:

But even in death, this feline is clearly on the side of justice.

Anyway, thanks a lot Kiro! Those were really nice gifts combining both 'nerd' and 'local' attributes. I'll be sure to give you a heads-up if I ever go to LA! And don't worry about the delay, one day late is no late at all by Brazilian standards.

And all is well that ends well.