Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F  (Read 245245 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 14F
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2014, 05:13:13 AM »
Do you have a list of what each skill for each character class does specifically like what you just did with the spell cards?
I was mainly wondering how Sakuya's skill to ignore "some" defense worked.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2014, 05:15:35 AM »
Do you have a list of what each skill for each character class does specifically like what you just did with the spell cards?

That's most likely for another day. I'd say we at least give him a bit of a break for that.

« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2014, 06:15:01 AM »

That's most likely for another day. I'd say we at least give him a bit of a break for that.

I didn't know if you guys had it already or not, but if not that is cool, we get it when we get.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2014, 07:28:43 AM »
Guys, I've noticed that Meiling's formula for Mountain Breaker is actually fairly impressive...

0277   Mountain Breaker
      Lv 1   (2.00 ATK - 0.25 DEF) * 1.60
      Lv 2   (2.00 ATK - 0.25 DEF) * 1.65
      Lv 3   (2.00 ATK - 0.25 DEF) * 1.70
      Lv 4   (2.00 ATK - 0.25 DEF) * 1.75
      Lv 5   (2.00 ATK - 0.25 DEF) * 1.80

I do believe that she can actually hit stuff with this.

On the other hand...

0278   Colorful Rain
      Lv 1   (-0.40 ATK + MAG) * 1.00
      Lv 2   (-0.40 ATK + MAG) * 1.05
      Lv 3   (-0.40 ATK + MAG) * 1.10
      Lv 4   (-0.40 ATK + MAG) * 1.15
      Lv 5   (-0.40 ATK + MAG) * 1.20

0279   Healer
      Lv 1   (-0.16 ATK + MAG) * 1.00, Cures PSN, PAR, SIL
      Lv 2   (-0.16 ATK + MAG) * 1.05, Cures PSN, PAR, SIL
      Lv 3   (-0.16 ATK + MAG) * 1.10, Cures PSN, PAR, SIL
      Lv 4   (-0.16 ATK + MAG) * 1.15, Cures PSN, PAR, SIL
      Lv 5   (-0.16 ATK + MAG) * 1.20, Cures PSN, PAR, SIL

It appears that she still uses a composite formula for her healing. How good are these without her Natural skill, I wonder?

There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2014, 07:32:53 AM »
Guys, I've noticed that Meiling's formula for Mountain Breaker is actually fairly impressive...

0277   Mountain Breaker
      Lv 1   (2.00 ATK - 0.25 DEF) * 1.60
      Lv 2   (2.00 ATK - 0.25 DEF) * 1.65
      Lv 3   (2.00 ATK - 0.25 DEF) * 1.70
      Lv 4   (2.00 ATK - 0.25 DEF) * 1.75
      Lv 5   (2.00 ATK - 0.25 DEF) * 1.80

I do believe that she can actually hit stuff with this.

On the other hand...

0278   Colorful Rain
      Lv 1   (-0.40 ATK + MAG) * 1.00
      Lv 2   (-0.40 ATK + MAG) * 1.05
      Lv 3   (-0.40 ATK + MAG) * 1.10
      Lv 4   (-0.40 ATK + MAG) * 1.15
      Lv 5   (-0.40 ATK + MAG) * 1.20

0279   Healer
      Lv 1   (-0.16 ATK + MAG) * 1.00, Cures PSN, PAR, SIL
      Lv 2   (-0.16 ATK + MAG) * 1.05, Cures PSN, PAR, SIL
      Lv 3   (-0.16 ATK + MAG) * 1.10, Cures PSN, PAR, SIL
      Lv 4   (-0.16 ATK + MAG) * 1.15, Cures PSN, PAR, SIL
      Lv 5   (-0.16 ATK + MAG) * 1.20, Cures PSN, PAR, SIL

It appears that she still uses a composite formula for her healing. How good are these without her Natural skill, I wonder?

When in doubt, try it out with Satorin~
Or just hex edit the game  ???

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2014, 09:35:05 AM »
Just remember that Satori copies spell cards at their level 0 stuff so the spells will do less damage than normal.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2014, 09:41:04 AM »
A few questions about Iku and the Hexer subclass...

0297   Whiskers of the Dragon God
      Lv 1   + 56% SPD, -60% DEF/MND 140%
      Lv 2   + 60% SPD, -68% DEF/MND 130%
      Lv 3   + 64% SPD, -76% DEF/MND 120%
      Lv 4   + 68% SPD, -84% DEF/MND 110%
      Lv 5   + 72% SPD, -92% DEF/MND 100%

Apparently, the debuff for this spell increases as it levels up, so this spell is clearly meant to be used with Flexibility. My questions are this...

1. Does the Hexer's skill to strengthen debuffs affect the debuffs on this spell?
2. When Flexibility activates, is the debuff removed from Iku? Because if not, then that would mean that Hexer's Conversion could be used here to great effect, helping her as it does for Chen, and unlike Chen, Iku can actually use the HP recovery to help her stay alive, which would help her immensely for the sake of being a support type(not to mention that gaining the power to debuff Mind synergies with Heavenly Maiden's Blow(doubles the effect of Mind debuffs when Iku attacks with anything)).

The reason why I ask is mainly because I can't do so, due to severe hardware issues(all the computers that I own are utter dinosaurs that don't meet the requirements to run the game itself). I am attempting to remedy that via getting a new computer set up, but until then, well...

And the reason why I haven't said this til now is due to flat out embarrassment. :blush:
I hate not having a compy that can run most games and won't overheats like a freaking hotplate(I own laptops, which is why overheating is an issue), making me have to use two external fans and a cooling pad just to keep it under control. Sigh(and the reason for the Windows 8.1 symbol showing up is because I'm using a loaner, meaning that I don't own this compy, so I can't put the game on it). Sorry for me complaining like that, I hope I didn't annoy anyone...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:45:24 AM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

jaxter0987

« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2014, 10:11:24 AM »
A few questions about Iku and the Hexer subclass...

0297   Whiskers of the Dragon God
      Lv 1   + 56% SPD, -60% DEF/MND 140%
      Lv 2   + 60% SPD, -68% DEF/MND 130%
      Lv 3   + 64% SPD, -76% DEF/MND 120%
      Lv 4   + 68% SPD, -84% DEF/MND 110%
      Lv 5   + 72% SPD, -92% DEF/MND 100%

Apparently, the debuff for this spell increases as it levels up, so this spell is clearly meant to be used with Flexibility. My questions are this...

1. Does the Hexer's skill to strengthen debuffs affect the debuffs on this spell?
2. When Flexibility activates, is the debuff removed from Iku? Because if not, then that would mean that Hexer's Conversion could be used here to great effect, helping her as it does for Chen, and unlike Chen, Iku can actually use the HP recovery to help her stay alive, which would help her immensely for the sake of being a support type(not to mention that gaining the power to debuff Mind synergies with Heavenly Maiden's Blow(doubles the effect of Mind debuffs when Iku attacks with anything)).
No the debuff is still there for Hina and other characters that work off debuffs.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2014, 12:08:03 PM »
No the debuff is still there for Hina and other characters that work off debuffs.

Then Iku can use Hexer Conversion from the debuff? That would really be good if she could.
I'm editing the wiki as we speak, so knowing whether or not the Hexer's skills would benefit her would help out a lot. I hope that I'm not being pushy by asking here...

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2014, 12:42:49 PM »
The debuffs are still on her as debuffs and interact with the Hexer skills.

« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2014, 01:50:12 PM »
If it's any help, the "Kedama" example I provided isn't the first enemy in the list. The enemy data starts one entry before it, at 00096760 ("Small Kedama").

Oh, I already have notes on all the skills. It's just a matter of actually reading them all and formatting them properly.

Just remember that Satori copies spell cards at their level 0 stuff so the spells will do less damage than normal.
Actually, according to one of the first examples, the level for damaging spells is only taken into account if it's greater than 1. So I think Lv0 and Lv1 will do the same amount of damage.

Can't actually find that example, though. I believe it was Rabies Bite, but explained in more detail (almost) directly from the assembly.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2014, 02:58:05 PM »
Every single spellcard. battle command, enemy skill, etc. in the game

So, I spent the last couple of hours flat-out writing a custom assembly decompiler for the spellcard data. A few things are still missing and the formatting needs to be adjusted, but for the time being this is taken straight from the game itself and is guaranteed to be accurate. This doesn't cover the individual handler functions for each spellcard (which is what gives them their more unique effects) and one or two function got cut-off by the function-end-detection algorithm (mainly, Yukari's Shikigami Ran spellcard, which doesn't have its Chen/Ran bonus handling code).

I'll post a better listing tomorrow. My main goal tonight this morning (oh shit, it's this late already...?) today was to have something that can reverse-engineer the spellcard setup functions for me, making it pretty and figuring out what everything means comes after. :D

It may take a while before I can get all of them. Unlike spellcards, passive skills are handled on a need-to-handle basis all throughout the code. I've got a few of them but it isn't much.

Sudden Impulse changes the minimum randomization from 90 to (90 - 5 * level) and the maximum randomization from 110 to (110 + 10 * level).
Enhanced Normal Attack adds 0.30 to the ATK or MAG calculation (eg, 1.00 ATK -> 1.30 ATK).
Area Normal Attack changes the targetting flag to "entire enemy party".

...Yeah. 'sabout all I have right now... >_> Passives are next on my list though.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:03:53 PM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2014, 07:21:22 PM »
Checks for big box small box formula*

It looks like the others, what causes it to power scale at random?

Well dem, its still a mystery for me  :V

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2014, 07:23:26 PM »
Hm, what does mul mean?

Alicirno

• Seer of Heart
  • Paruparuparu
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »

« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2014, 08:12:38 PM »
Alright, I'm pretty much done. As I said, all I have is a huge JSON dump, which is hard for humans to read, but very easy to parse through (most) programming languages.
I can reformat it into HTML or something, but only if someone writes up a template to account for everything, including the multiple sets of stats. I am absolutely terrible with HTML.

Here's a sample, after formatting it with www.jsonlint.com : http://pastebin.com/w3ZWkAi5
(on a related note, shouldn't that be "Balloon Bird"?)

The full dump: http://puu.sh/d97t4/077b16c613.txt

This will obviously not include any special abilities / stat changes monsters have. Balloon birds, for example, get skyhigh eva while they're in the air, but this just reports 10 EVA. Plenty of bosses have similar changes.
There's a lot of unknown fields. No idea what they do, and I haven't bothered trying to examine them at all. One might be a boss flag, e.g. to reduce Yuyuko's ATB affects. I should have all of the really important ones, however.
There are multiple sets of stats per monster. This is for the multiple possible configurations, e.g. Balloon Birds when you first encounter them and again when you see them in the postgame. I should have all the possible sets, but haven't exactly strictly verified this.
There's an ID field, but I'm not positive it's any kind of ID. They do appear to be mostly unique... except Golden Orb of Forward Time and Dark Orb of Forward Time share the same "ID". This isn't the case for the other shadow bosses or even the other orbs. It could be a link to AI script, but I imagine there'd be a lot more overlap.

Finally, not every monster has 100 void resistance: The Second Sun has 200.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #196 on: November 28, 2014, 10:16:53 PM »
Here we go. A cleaned up version of my earlier post.
Setup info for all spellcards and battle commands

As I said, all I have is a huge JSON dump, which is hard for humans to read, but very easy to parse through (most) programming languages.
I can reformat it into HTML or something, but only if someone writes up a template to account for everything, including the multiple sets of stats. I am absolutely terrible with HTML.
Nice work! I've taken the liberty of writing up a little browsing tool for that data.
enemy_info.zip - 25 KB
(Edit: Stand-alone version)
It's a little rushed but it gets the job done. Works on Firefox/Chrome. Doubtful about IE though  (then again, I haven't updated mine in ages so who knows.)

You only seem to be missing the item info. Calls to 000078b3 set this up; the first parameter on the stack is the item ID and the second, the drop rate * 100.

It looks like the others, what causes it to power scale at random?
That's handled through the effect code specific to that spellcard, not its setup code. I doubt my decompiler can work with that yet (it's been written specifically for the spellcard setup code) but we'll get there. :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:05:50 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #197 on: November 28, 2014, 11:05:10 PM »
So I'm code illiterate. What do I do?

« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2014, 11:09:59 PM »
You only seem to be missing the item info. Calls to 000078b3 set this up; the first parameter on the stack is the item ID and the second, the drop rate * 100.

Aha. I knew I was missing that, but I didn't know where it was. Working on updating it now to include that.

Also I figured out what a lot of the unknown fields are; they're for the monster types. I'll add those in too.

So I'm code illiterate. What do I do?

Well, you can use EthanSilver's static HTML page, or try his info browser (haven't tried that yet myself). Or you can just open up the JSON text file, select a line, and paste it into jsonlint.com
You need to put a { in front of everything, delete the , at the end (if it's there), and add a } to the end. Probably should've mentioned that; oops. It'll be a bit hard to read, but all the information is there.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2014, 11:34:18 PM »
I also downloaded the hex editor, so should I do anything with that?

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #200 on: November 29, 2014, 12:36:01 AM »
Odd the dump didn't include 6F and 9F Tenshis. Maybe their data is somewhere else?

jaxter0987

« Reply #201 on: November 29, 2014, 03:38:44 AM »
I realized that I forgot to do the spell card formulas for the last few characters on the wiki.

I also just realized that the preliminary spell card formulas are all slightly off due to how the multiplier is calculated instead of the static 0.05 bonus that was listed the last time the info was dumped. Going to finish up the rest of the formulas and fix up the ones that are already done after I finish eating.

Edit: For Kaguya's DEF and MND debuff on Buddha's Stone Bowl I'm having trouble making sense of the code.

Code: [Select]
buffDEF.power: (buffDEF.power - (level + (((level - 1) - this) * 2) + 17))
buffDEF.chance: (((level - 1) * 5) + buffDEF.chance + 80)
buffMND.power: (buffMND.power - (level + (((level - 1) - buffDEF.chance) * 2) + 17))
buffMND.chance: (((level - 1) * 5) + buffMND.chance + 80)

I have no idea what the variable "this" refers to nor do I understand why the chance of applying a DEF debuff affects the strength of the MND debuff.
My best guess would be that "this" refers to the chance for applying a DEF debuff but that still doesn't explain why the calculations for DEF and MND are different (why use two variables if the value its being used for is the same?) or why that is even a part of the calculations.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:23:24 PM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #202 on: November 29, 2014, 03:17:36 PM »
I hope I'm not interrupting here or something but... after finishing LoT2's main game I wanted to pick up LoT1 again and finish that but I'm finding myself unable to do so properly because the random encounters murder me and I don't progress a lot that way. (And really I'm just not really having a lot of fun.) Anything I can do about that? (I'm pretty sure I'm at the right level but I'm kind of flopping around right now)

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #203 on: November 29, 2014, 03:19:49 PM »
Depends on what floor you're on. I know certain floors are just better for grinding due to how easy it is to kill the enemies compared to a floor or 2 higher.

« Reply #204 on: November 29, 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
Whoops for some reason I forgot to write what floor I'm on. I thought I did.

I'm on 16F, though I still have the Great Stamp to deal with at some point. I remember getting somewhat frustrated with the game starting 14F because of the random encounters :/

jaxter0987

« Reply #205 on: November 29, 2014, 03:42:28 PM »
More code I'm not 100% certain about:

if random(2) == 0
        buffATK.power: (buffATK.power - 25)
        buffATK.chance: (((level - 1) * 5) + buffATK.chance + 80)
if random(2) == 0
        buffDEF.power: (buffDEF.power - 25)
        buffDEF.chance: (((level - 1) * 5) + buffDEF.chance + 80)
if random(2) == 0
        buffMAG.power: (buffMAG.power - 25)
        buffMAG.chance: (((level - 1) * 5) + buffMAG.chance + 80)
if random(2) == 0
        buffMND.power: (buffMND.power - 25)
        buffMND.chance: (((level - 1) * 5) + buffMND.chance + 80)
if random(2) == 0
        buffSPD.power: (buffSPD.power - 25)
        buffSPD.chance: (((level - 1) * 5) + buffSPD.chance + 80)

If the random function is what I think it is (generate a random int from 0 to the parameter, inclusive), then doesn't that effectively reduce the chance for landing a debuff to a third of the chance that is being calculated in the if statement?

Sounds rather straightforward but I'd rather another opinion before making the assumption. Don't want to have to go back and fix it.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #206 on: November 29, 2014, 03:52:58 PM »
Whoops for some reason I forgot to write what floor I'm on. I thought I did.

I'm on 16F, though I still have the Great Stamp to deal with at some point. I remember getting somewhat frustrated with the game starting 14F because of the random encounters :/

Hmm the enemies don't seem to be that strong on 16F compared to 15F. Still, if you're having issues with 16F enemies, maybe go to 15F and see how you do. The EXP different between the 2 is about 100-200 depending on the enemy(Lowest on 15F is 540, while lowest on 16F is 700).

« Reply #207 on: November 29, 2014, 04:01:54 PM »
random(2) should be "generate a random number that is either 0 or 1"
But yes. It looks like "There is a 50% chance to have a (80-100)% chance of an Atk buff" and then the same for all the other stats

Odd the dump didn't include 6F and 9F Tenshis. Maybe their data is somewhere else?

...Oops. No, it's just because of how I was storing the data. The multiple Tenshis all have the same name, so each new one overwrote the old. Well, that's another thing to fix.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #208 on: November 29, 2014, 04:08:23 PM »
But yes. It looks like "There is a 50% chance to have a (80-100)% chance of an Atk buff" and then the same for all the other stats

...Oops. No, it's just because of how I was storing the data. The multiple Tenshis all have the same name, so each new one overwrote the old. Well, that's another thing to fix.

In that case should also check Ame-No-Murakumo as well, since his Post-Game stats show but not Main Game

jaxter0987

« Reply #209 on: November 29, 2014, 05:41:53 PM »
If that's how the random function works in this case then I feel like the parameter here should have been 100 and not 99:
(Code to determine whether or not Mystia's Mysterious song cures Paralysis and / or Heavy)
if (level * 4 + 60) > random(99)
        ailmPAR.power: (ailmPAR.power - 1)
        ailmPAR.chance: (ailmPAR.chance + 10000)
if (level * 4 + 60) > random(99)
        ailmHVY.power: (ailmHVY.power - 1)
        ailmHVY.chance: (ailmHVY.chance + 10000)
I'll just assume you're correct and finish editing that bit accordingly.

Edit: Finished adding the Spellcard formulas for the girls' spellcards. Going to take a break and come back later to handle subclass spells and whatever else Ethan included in this code dump.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:46:48 PM by jaxter0987 »