Author Topic: ○东方花逐夜 ~ Vs Zun ver 1.00  (Read 28350 times)

Re: ○东方花逐夜 ~ Vs Zun ver 1.00
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 01:32:23 AM »
bug report :

If you want to save a replay , you may close the game and restart.
We have not found why it happens.

@t_prinny and SomeGuy712x

Along with the gauge fills , these will happen:
stage 1 : blizzard will obstruct the view and movement
stage 2 : more fairies will appear ( fairies with yellow bullets )
stage 3 : bullets will grow bigger ( 130% at most )

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2014, 01:55:32 AM »
bug report :

If you want to save a replay , you may close the game and restart.
We have not found why it happens.

@t_prinny and SomeGuy712x

Along with the gauge fills , these will happen:
stage 1 : blizzard will obstruct the view and movement
stage 2 : more fairies will appear ( fairies with yellow bullets )
stage 3 : bullets will grow bigger ( 130% at most )

What do you mean by "If you want to save a replay , you may close the game and restart."? Aside from my Extra Stage replay desyncs (such as this one), the replays seem to work okay for me.

Also, huh, I didn't even notice those effects from filling the gauge in stages 2 or 3, but those weren't really a problem for me at all. The blizzard effect in stage 1 on the other hand is a huge annoyance.

So, I guess each stage has its own gimmick for filling the gauge? Any idea if stages 4-6 or the Extra Stage have any gimmicks as well?

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 09:10:39 AM »
"shut the game down and reboot it" . yeah

gimmicks only happen in stage 1, 2, 3 .
the creator says characters are out of the barrier since stage 4.

I think he is just too lasy :derp:.

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 07:46:16 PM »
Reposting this video from the lucky dodges thread

I took the time to test some stuff in this game last night. I think the main thing worth noting is that bosses (and I think midbosses) don't have a collision hitbox (or at least they don't seem to do). I've sort of demonstrated this with ZUN. I've also checked with the TLB and you can safely fly over her (I believe I sort of demonstrated in my full run since I think I was able to safely move over the wings). Also checked this on Letty on easy mode and I find myself getting killed by the bullets she spawn while I try to fly over her body. Pretty useful with Marisa since her focus laser actually seems more powerful when you are at point-blank range. As for dodging patterns, I think I did show some potential use of flying over bosses in the video even if I did mess up a bit.

Also noticed that Marisa probably has the best survival between the three characters if you have the autobombs on(at least in my opinion). I guess its a quirk with her autobomb since while the autobomb does take 3 power away, its not as bad compared to the other characters since hitting a boss with it will make them drop power items (you get about 1 bomb back from what I noticed). Not sure what Sanae's autobomb really does, and Reimu's seems to be a screen clearing bomb that has an explosion that lingers for a few seconds.

The MS spellcard actually has a behavior if for some reason you managed to get out of that pocket of space you are supposed to dodge in. ZUN starts firing a lot of bullets. I actually thought it was just behind him until I tried going to the sides (and in one particular case, circle around him). This is the only case I know where an enemy fires more bullets if you go to a particular spot (haven't really tried on the other bosses yet).

Side note: I think the fairies still have a collision box to worry about. Was ramming into them when I did a test on collision hitboxes in stage 3 on easy. I've also gotten myself killed on the third lifebar of the TLB as it was preparing for its second attack. I believe it was due to the yin-yang orbs hitting me as I was sitting on top of the TLB.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 03:23:41 PM »
Did a few scoring runs in RSY mode with Sanae, managed to get a 5.5 billion TLB 1cc after a lot of runs. I think 6 billion is roughly possible with a few adjustements to my run but I have no idea how.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ebzvezv2etzbead/hzy10.rpy

One question, what are the known highscores for this fangame? I'm kinda wondering if I have a WR for RSY mode.

Edit, managed to get an EX clear but the replay won't work properly, took a picture when I got it though!

In that run I captured a lot of spellcards including ZUN's last 2 spellcards.. 254m is pretty nice for a first clear too I guess, kinda the first serious run I had with Marisa. I wonder how much chance Reimu; Sanae have in the Extra given it's made much harder for  them to survive the stage portion; they have a lot less power against ZUN.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 07:40:43 PM by Zigzagwolf »
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2015, 08:36:24 PM »
@Zigzagwolf:
I never really tried score-running the regular game, but I did accomplish this on Extra a while back (which I posted earlier in this thread):

Video

Using Marisa, I scored 336,114,220 and finished with two reserve lives left. However, the replay for that desynched for me as well (that video was recorded live just in case that happened, since that had already happened to me once before). I hate how Extra replays tend to desync in this game.

(Also, you wouldn't happen to know the name of the music that plays in stage portion of the Extra Stage, would you?)

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2015, 09:32:24 PM »
@Zigzagwolf:
I never really tried score-running the regular game, but I did accomplish this on Extra a while back (which I posted earlier in this thread):

Video

Using Marisa, I scored 336,114,220 and finished with two reserve lives left. However, the replay for that desynched for me as well (that video was recorded live just in case that happened, since that had already happened to me once before). I hate how Extra replays tend to desync in this game.

(Also, you wouldn't happen to know the name of the music that plays in stage portion of the Extra Stage, would you?)

Your Extra clear seems really solid, 2 lives is pretty good. I'm somewhat wondering if the clear bonus is about the lives you have left or capturing the last spellcard..
I can probably study your run for a bit for Extra scoring.

Ah, thanks, I'll live record in that case.

I'm afraid I don't know the theme that plays in the Extra stage portion, I first thought it might've been from Uwambi Breakers due to Beerko; the tendency of this game having some of the older characters; themes. so I thought it might've been unique.. My best guess is that it might be an arrange from ZUN's CDs.

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2015, 06:38:31 PM »
I'm somewhat wondering if the clear bonus is about the lives you have left or capturing the last spellcard..
Well, I was thinking that it was probably because the last spell card was worth 80 million, but I don't know if the game is tossing in a bonus for lives remaining as well. Maybe we can know for sure when you record a live run, if it either fails the last spell card, or finishes with a different amount of lives than I did.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:40:15 PM by SomeGuy712x »

TTBD

• The Terrible Bullet Dodger
  • ^ This is a meme. Praise it. ^
    • I have a Youtube account!
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »
I would love to play the game, but there's a problem. The game won't load the Graphics, the music, or anything (i.e. I can't do anything in the game).

Could you help me with this?  :ohdear:
Looks like I don't need a signature either...

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2015, 11:27:46 AM »
I would love to play the game, but there's a problem. The game won't load the Graphics, the music, or anything (i.e. I can't do anything in the game).

Could you help me with this?  :ohdear:

any screenshot or error report?

TTBD

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2015, 05:31:48 PM »
I don't have a screenshot, but when I load it all I see is a white screen ._.

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2015, 08:38:59 PM »
Are you running the game using AppLocale with Simplified CH locale? In my case, it was the only way I could get it to work.

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2015, 11:40:40 AM »
rename the game path to non-English characters.
maybe this will help.

TTBD

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2015, 09:18:17 PM »
rename the game path to non-English characters.
maybe this will help.

I have changed it, but the graphics still won't load (I found out I need to unzip gamedat.zip to get the graphics to show. I need the password again... :ohdear:)

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »
pw:
yutianjugaogao

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2016, 10:44:32 PM »
I have the same problem with the settings. i"ve downloaded the path but it din't fix... Help?

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2016, 11:11:21 AM »
It has been a good while, I was finally able to get the 5.5 billion RSY TLB 1cc with Sanae I mentioned a while ago up on Youtube. ○东方花逐夜 ~ Vs Zun - RSY mode 5.5 billion TLB 1cc with Sanae I got this up via my mobile so a more thorough description happens when my desktop works again.

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2017, 09:15:51 PM »
I followed every step to run the game, but after I change the settings (The keys, the music etc.) but it always resets.
I downloaded the patch too but it didn't work.
Does somebody know how to save the settings? (I read everything and followed everything that was written in the topic, but it doesn't still work.)