Author Topic: Games you've put touhou characters into  (Read 3302 times)

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
Games you've put touhou characters into
« on: September 29, 2014, 10:01:22 PM »
Character creation is always a really fun part of a game and I liked to experiment with it when I was younger. I created my own little universes in the games I played and I still remember the little stories. Nowadays, it's a great excuse to mix universes - and I've started doing that with Touhou and Vocaloid. So do you guys ever use the tools or mod the game to include Touhou characters? If yes then what games have you done it with?

In the Dynasty Warriors Empires series I eventually ended up making Alice. I've always wanted to fight along side her so I just made her in Dynasty warriors empires 7.

Left for dead got way better once I downloaded touhou character mods. It just made the game to be playing as and alongside characters I actually care about.

I also started creating Touhou characters in WWE13. I made a lot of characters based off the Touhou tag dream doujin and added a few more characters who I thought should've been in it - like adding Mima and Shinki to create the "operation anti-Reimu" tag team. It helped that now you could give characters their own themes. Unfortunatley WWE 13 had a rule which meant that men couldn't hit women or else they'd get DQ'd so it was impossible to have a proper match in it. Plus the story is very vague.

I've recently gone back to Smackdown Here comes the pain. I'm actually playing it right now. Alice has ended up as my manager, Yuuka has respect for me and I've just had a feud with Reimu because she was trying to steal Alice from me. The feud is still continuing though because Reimu has just tried to injure me before the UK tour. Now I'm up against her in a hardcore match. It's almost realistic because I actually dislike Reimu. It just reminded me how much I loved this game. I'm making good use of the unknown gender so that the Touhou characters can actually take part in story mode - which is something I dearly miss from the last games. The fact that there is a world in the game just makes it so much more fun to be with the Touhou characters. The only problem is that the create a character mode is kind of crap.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
Re: Games you've put touhou characters into
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 01:15:11 AM »
Any game with a character creation feature I own, it inevitably ends up with at least a couple Touhou girls.

At present, the only such game I have is Soul Calibur 5, but in it are Reimu and Mima, and I plan to re-add Yoshika, Miko, and Okuu at the least.
(respectively using Kilik, Viola, Voldo, Alpha Pat, and Devil Jin styles)

I may also try to make Mima in Skyrim, but not 100% on that one yet.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 07:33:02 PM »
I remember playing Dragon Quest IX around the time Ten Desires came out, and ran my team based off the 4 PCs.  Reimu was set in the default class because it's very jack of all trades (which some of the fan RPGs I played or watched did with her), Marisa a Mage (naturally), Sanae a Priestess (of course), and Youmu a Swordsman.  They looked as close as could be with the limited character creation system.

Also named my Pokemon White trainer Reimu, and my White 2 trainer after a Touhou OC of mine.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »

Basically anything I touch becomes shit if the game gives me the opportunity to make it so. (Pictured above is Cladun X2)

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 11:24:59 PM »
Currently the games I've tried are Terraria (vanilla isn't very good at making touhou characters), Soul Calibur 5 (But trying to make a good looking touhou character is not possible so I take creative liberties and make ones that are inspired by them... also made a Youmu and Yoshika fusion character, to bad I suck with Yoshimitsu.)
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 03:33:24 PM »
But trying to make a good looking touhou character is not possible
Reimu
Height 3/Normal, Face 3, Hair: Long (0, 0, 31), Eyebrows 14, Voice: Reliable Leader (-3/0/None)
Undergarments: Cotton Bandage: All (default color)
Upper Body: Linen Shirt (7, 1, 23)
Lower Body: Long Skirt (7, 1, 23)
Neck: Chef's Tie (9, 10, 20)
Arms: Adept's Sleeves (9, 0, 0) (7, 1, 23) (7, 1, 23)
Socks: Shinobi Tabi (0, 38, 0)
Shoes: Straw Sandals (1, 12, 17) (0, 0, 0)
Special 1: Bow (Horizontal 0, Vertical -25, Back -28, Rotate V 20, Color: 7, 1, 23)
Weapon/Style: For you to decide (I personally use Kilik)

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 07:06:22 AM »
Not actually a game, but I thought about if Lord of the Rings  starred Touhou characters.  About 50% of the cast has a sort-of Touhou equivalent; imagining Marisa as Gollum amuses me.

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 02:56:34 AM »

Basically anything I touch becomes shit if the game gives me the opportunity to make it so. (Pictured above is Cladun X2)

Spriting for that game is fun but I never bothered making the clothes or weapons.