Author Topic: Easiest to Hardest Touhou Bosses  (Read 44102 times)

VTPHOENIX

• What's this?
  • Miraculous girl.
Re: Easiest to Hardest Touhou Bosses
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2017, 04:43:15 PM »
Easiest:
1 - Orange is no doubt the easiest. Or maybe I'm just too used to that because I've played LLS over and over again.
2 - Hina has the easier spells. Good for memorization, too.
3 - Kagerou. It's too easy to memorize, and not at all challenging to work around if things go awry. IF.
4 - Marisa. No challenge at all. I seriously think of her as a bridge to get to Mima.
5 - Reisen. The only thing bad about her is that she'll merely make your eyes hurt.
6 - Shinmyoumaru. Bigger does equal better.
Extra - Okina is really easy for Reimu players. Discounting that advantage, Suwako is a pretty straightforward fight except for her two survivals.

Hardest:
1 - Seiran. I tend to die once in a while when fighting her. :(
2 - Sekibanki because of her GODDAMN HEAD
3 - Keine. I can barely move without dying.
4 - Prisimrivers. You mess up once, and then you are forced to mess up again.
5 - Mai and Satono are dangerous back-up dancers.
6 - I don't need to explain Yuyuko, do I?
Extra - Gengetsuuuuuuuuu because you have to go like :getdown: to not die in the last thing
Even while you're down here, F.O.E.!

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2017, 08:29:02 PM »
I'm a normal mode player (though I managed to 1CC a couple hard modes).

I'm also not going to include LoLK bosses in my rankings because they would just win most, if not all, of the hardest bosses.

Easiest:
1 - Orange. Her bullets are slow, not very dense, and her third attack doesn't even get the chance to fire anything depending on who you play as.
2 - Kyouko. The majority of her attacks actively reduce the number of bullets coming at you.
3 - PC98 Alice. The only things you really have to worry about are the lasers she fires later on in the fight, but other than that she doesn't really have anything that threatening.
4 - Seiga. She doesn't really have any "that attack" moments, and the bullets are usually slow.
5 - Futo. Easy nonspells, easy spells. Nothing too scary here.
6 - Yuka. Only a couple tricky attacks, mostly her final attack. Miko almost made this spot.
Ex - Mokou. One of the few Ex bosses I've beaten. Was hard to decide between her and Ran, but I think Mokou has a few more easy spellcards. Okina might go here if you use Reimu.

Hardest:
1 - Nazrin I guess? None of them are hard, but Nazrin seems like she has the most ways to get you accidentally killed.
2 - Meira. She has a lot of fast moving bullets and likes shoot from up close. Also, that bouncing ball attack is decently hard. Doesn't help that SoEW doesn't have focus movement or visible hitboxes.
3 - Ichirin. Mostly because of her last attack, but her first spellcard can also be troublesome since some of the bullets fall pretty fast.
4 - SoEW Marisa. Those orbs that circle around her are so annyoing to dodge, and sometimes they will even do their rotation thing in the middle of other attacks, making them even harder to dodge. Wouldn't be as bad if the orbs weren't there for the entire fight.
5 - Satono and Mai. While Shou might have a few nastier spellcards, Satono and Mai more than make up for it by having some of the most annoying nonspells in my opinion, along with still having some pretty hard spellcards.
6 - Eirin I think? This one was tough to decide between her or Byakuren but I think Eirin has slightly more hard attacks. Omoikane's Device, Apollo 13, and Astronomical Entombing all give me a lot of trouble.
Ex - I can't really say for sure since I've only beaten 4 Ex bosses. From what I've experienced, Koishi seemed like one of the more difficult ones though, so I'll go with her for now.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 12:26:49 AM by Pocchama01 »

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2017, 09:10:18 PM »
Sorry for bumping ;_;

Easiest (based on Lunatic):
  • Rumia. Pretty much the only boss where I don't lose a life or bomb
  • Mystia. Another boss where I barely lose lifes
  • Aunn. Easier than the other bosses
  • Mai. She still kicks my ass but less than the others
  • Stage 5 Yuuka. Too bad that I get my ass kicked before her.
  • (Final) Mima. As long as I don't freak out I can beat her.
  • (Extra) Ran and Yukari.

Hardest:
  • Yamame. Mainly because of that freaking non-spell
  • Either Kogasa or Ringo. Stage 2 my ass.
  • Doremy
  • Pretty much every Stage 4 boss. That's where I lose all my lives
  • Either Seija or Shou
  • (Final)Junko or Shinmyonmaru
  • (Extra) Mamizou.

Honorable mentions:
  • Orange/Seiran
  • Parsee/Kyouko
  • Lolice/Alice
  • Every single one of 'em
  • Yumeko/Clownpiece
  • (Final) Konngara/Kaguya
  • (Extra) Gengetsu/Hecatia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2017, 11:01:16 PM »
Why not. This is from the perspective of Normal.

Easiest:

Stage 1- Rika; most of her danmaku doesn't even come near you. It's just 'stay roughly in front of the tank'. None of her phases are hard.
Stage 2- Cirno - The only part that's dangerous is Perfect Freeze if it decides to wall you. Which is rare on Normal.
Stage 3- Meiling - This fight is almost entirely just small movements; only time I have any issues is if I get too greedy for graze. Her final spell is the worst, but it tends to end quickly because 9 times of 10; you only need minimal movement and she's stationary.
Stage 4- Reimu [IN] - I play the Magic and Scarlet teams specifically to get a Reimu fight.
Stage 5- Futo - I'm a bad Touhou player and I can usually clear this fight with 1 bomb tops.
Stage 6- Kanako - Best her first time I got to her.
Extra Stage- I can't beat any extra stage; but the one I can get closest to defeating is Mamizou

Hardest:

Stage 1- Seiran - Requires more precise movement than any other Stage 1 boss I find
Stage 2- Parsee - I absolutely hate this fight
Stage 3- Doremy - This fight would honestly qualify for a Stage 4/5 boss in most other games. I find her harder than Sagume...
Stage 4- Marisa [IN] - I play Magic/Scarlet specifically to avoid this fight. I really hate random floods of small danmaku that come from multiple directions.
Stage 5- Youmu - I can have the best run and Youmu will put me through the wringer every single time. I don't make it to Clownpiece with enough lives to give her a fair rank.
Stage 6- Remilia - Remilia is a wall I have yet to overcome. I've come close. But I haven't beaten her yet. I blame bubble hitboxes in EoSD. I haven't even made it to Byakuren or Junko.
Extra Stage- Rika - This battle is really on par with maybe a Stage 6 boss [SoEW only has 5 stages after all]. What makes it hard is that's it's an automatic No-Focus run since Focus dosen't exist.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 11:08:22 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2017, 12:18:31 PM »
Easiest (Based on Lunatic):

Stage 1 - Wriggle. Is it even possible to die to any of her attacks?
Stage 2 - Chen. Her non's are just streaming and her spellcards are even weaker than those.
Stage 3 - Alice. Another boss where her non's are more dangerous than her spell cards.
Stage 4 - Prismriver Sisters.  Why are they even a stage 4 boss? The stage (+ Lily) is infinitely harder than the sisters.
Stage 5 - Reisen. BWAHAHAHA. Her only difficult attack is her extra spellcard.
Stage 6 - Yuyuko. Her last spellcard and her knife non-spell is really all she's got.
EX - Mokou. Literally, the only threatening attack she has is her last non-spell. Dying at any point is now a bad run for me.

Hardest:

Stage 1 - Nazrin. I still have no idea how to beat her last spellcard.
Stage 2 - Ringo. Looks easy enough, but I'm terrible at her.
Stage 3 - Doremy. PLSHELP! She should not be a stage 3 boss.
Stage 4 - Patchouli. I still consider her the hardest boss in EoSD (and she's harder than Flan in EX, tbh)
Stage 5 - Orin. BOMB EVERYTHING, HOPE I DON'T DIE.
Stage 6 - Kaguya. I can only do one of her spellcards and one or two of her non's. Still can't capture Hourai Jewel to save my life.
EX - Hecatia. I'm really, REALLY bad at her non's.
Normal 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK
Hard 1CC's - EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, DDC
Lunatic 1CC's - PCB, IN, PoFV
Extra Clears - EoSD (+Ultra), PCB (+Phantasm), IN (+Ultra), PoFV, MoF, DDC
Youtube

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2017, 07:03:07 AM »
Most of these are gonna be based on Easy difficulty because I suck, but here's my input:
Easiest:
Stage 1 - Yamame. Beat her without a single death on the first try.
Stage 2 - Kyouko. I consider her to be the easiest boss in the entire series.
Stage 3 - Alice(PCB). Another one I beat on the first try without a single death.
Stage 4 - Seiga - LLS and TD are the only games I can 1cc on Hard, and Marisa is considerably more difficult.
Stage 5 - Futo. She's pretty much the only stage 5 boss that doesn't give me trouble.
Stage 6 - Yuuka. The reverse of stage 4 above, I find Yuuka to be much easier than Miko.
EX - I've only ever even made it to Mokou, Mamizou, Raiko and Hecatia so my experience is limited, but I can manage the farthest with Mokou.

Hardest:

Stage 1 - Nazrin. Her last spell is a bit tricky for a stage 1 boss.
Stage 2 - Ringo.  She's the only stage 2 boss that really gives me any trouble, her first and last spell cards I find especially difficult.
Stage 3 - Magic Stones - I can get here without losing a single life then this boss destroys almost all of them.
Stage 4 - Reimu(LLS). Like the Magic stones, I can get to her without a single death then suddenly I'm losing lives all over the place.
Stage 5 - Clownpiece. I don't think I have to even explain.
Stage 6 - Junko. Her fourth spellcard and her nonspells are brutal.
EX - I have yet to actually beat any of them, but out of the three I can get to I die the quickest against Hecatia.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:21:09 PM by goldenyoukai »