Author Topic: Touhou fan games will appear on PlayStation 4 and Vita  (Read 120498 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Re: Touhou fan games will appear on PlayStation console
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2014, 08:13:06 AM »
Disregard, wrong thread. Got confused after having quite a few tabs open. :V
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:16:12 AM by Leonard-Helsing »

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2014, 05:18:53 PM »
" http://www.mediascape.co.jp/zunps/ " just got an update(19/09/2014).
DAMN!!! I wish all these games get translated and release for other region.(sorry for bad english)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2014, 08:14:10 AM »
Thanks again for keeping tab on their site!

The site has been updated with a summary of the project's purpose, and a list of participating doujin circles (only the 3 announced circles now).

Information gleamed from the update:

Page 1: The project will port original doujin games and Touhou fan games to PlayStation consoles. No mention of the official Touhou games.

Page 2: They have more Touhou circles under their wings.

Page 3: The development will primarily be conducted by the circles themselves, with technical support from their company MediaScape, Sony Computer Entertainment, and knowledge exchange among the circles.

Page 4: Original games will also be part of the project.

Other than direct confirmation of original games, the info about how the ports will be handled is the most important new info. Sony is serious about cultivating an indie game ecosystem in Japan. This requires them to teach the developers how to develop on consoles.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2014, 02:06:09 PM »
I read this a while back. I really want a port in the Vita though. Like hell, I'd not want to play 2hu on-the-go.

With this news. Will ZUN finally give in for a 2hu animu? :V

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »
If he does, I hope he writes it, and it's produced by SHAFT.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2014, 05:39:49 PM »
about anime I think zun still don't approved it.
IMO it's like cuc said the main objective of this touhou x playstation is to pave the road for his fellow doujin game maker.
(sorry for my bad english)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2014, 10:14:40 AM »
If anything, it'd be more unhackable, since you'd have to hack not only the game itself but also the Sony firmware.

I was under the impression that people have already done so with the vita, and I know they have with the psp, but mayb eI'm incorrect with the vita. Even if that was not the case though, I would agree that hoping such would be silly except for the fact that fushigi has been attempted to be hacked by people who have proven to successfully hack other touhou fangames for translation purposes, and were unable to do so in a workable manner (like they kinda sorta could but translating had so many quirks and problems they gave up if I understand correctly). I mean simply that the ratio of hard-core/soft-code, format, whatever...anything, just might (MIGHT, not saying it's probable, but I'm crossing my fingers) coincidentally be more "hack friendly" in a psn version.

edit: I just used a tome of reincarnation on my hina and now, even though I never used a single hp gem or hp level up bonus on her... her hp is horribad. like... half of patchy's... wdf?!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 10:20:45 AM by Ghaleon »

cuc

Re: Touhou fan games will appear on PlayStation 4 and Vita
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2014, 05:48:21 AM »
Further details from Famitsu.com:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201412/18068176.html

The project is now named "Play,Doujin!", with a new URL:
http://playdoujin.mediascape.co.jp/

A fourth title has been announced: "Gensou no Rondo" by CUBETYPE.

Two Vita themes are released at the PS Store, each at JPY 432, one for Gensou no Rondo, the other being 幻想郷四季・冬 "Four Seasons of Gensokyo - Winter". The latter is part of a series to be released over a year, featuring contributions from fan artists.

At present, the two RPG titles are supposed to be released on Vita, while Gensou no Rondo will be for PS4. The platform of Sky Arena is still undetermined.

Well, from a technical perspective, it's only natural to forego supporting PS3, due to how difficult it is to develop for. However, the adoption rate of PS4 in Japan is... still far from optimistic.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:15:02 AM by cuc »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2014, 06:37:12 AM »
That's probably why they added Vita support at some point after the official announcement.

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2014, 06:39:47 AM »
I understand that the PS4's similarity to PCs (at least hardware-wise) makes porting and development easy, but what if Nintendo gets a share of these games? As hard as it is, especially on proprietary hardware, imagine Sky Arena on a 3DS... :drool:

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2014, 03:35:23 AM »
I understand that the PS4's similarity to PCs (at least hardware-wise) makes porting and development easy, but what if Nintendo gets a share of these games? As hard as it is, especially on proprietary hardware, imagine Sky Arena on a 3DS... :drool:

I'm a Nintendo purist, but Touhou would probably clash with the cutesy image Nintendo tries to convey and ZUN has always been cozy with Sony (he even used a PS3 controller for Danmaku Amanojaku Gold Rush.)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2014, 04:02:48 AM »
Touhou Smash Brothers plox. :V

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2014, 04:11:03 AM »
I'm a Nintendo purist, but Touhou would probably clash with the cutesy image Nintendo tries to convey and ZUN has always been cozy with Sony (he even used a PS3 controller for Danmaku Amanojaku Gold Rush.)
Why would Touhou clash with Nintendo's cutesy image?  They have non-cutesy games like Zelda, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, etc., all of which make Touhou super family friendly.  In fact, Nintendo even owns games like Fatal Frame (they co-own it) and Eternal Darkness, both of which are absolutely against their cutesy image.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:27:35 PM by game2011 »

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2014, 04:23:43 AM »
Touhou would probably clash with the cutesy image Nintendo tries to convey

what

and ZUN has always been cozy with Sony (he even used a PS3 controller for Danmaku Amanojaku Gold Rush.)

That doesn't mean anything. PSX style controllers and clones have always been popular as PC controllers.

Drake

« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2014, 09:10:30 AM »
[nsfw]http://i.imgur.com/CfntlOT.jpg[/nsfw]
cutesyimage.jpg

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2014, 04:52:03 AM »

Um on one hand... i can see why you say this... the girls like to drink sake, but in game they don't mention it/drink it. However i can think of countless reasons that clash with that statement.

1- Touhou characters designs are cute, they don't have neither gore or horror
2- The stories are quite a deep mythological meaning/references ( if you search for them, such as PCB or HM )
3- It has a big and dedicaded fanbase ( ESPECIALY  Japan ) which would in the long run and in a marketing standpoint increase both Touhou's popularity and Nintendo's sales
4- etc
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2014, 12:43:06 PM »
the girls like to drink sake, but in game they don't mention it/drink it.
Just about every ending involves Reimu & co. having a drink with the "villain" and making peace. Then there's Yuugi, (who is "only playing around woth you, her sake NOT EVEN DROP" =) ), and Suika whose gourd produces endless sake and who is pretty much perma-drunk... Come to think of it, aren't Reimu & co. underaged drinkers? And then there's the "legal drinking age" message at the end of most games. So...... yeah, there's a lot of references to this sort of stuff in the games. =)

I don't think ZUN would be the kind to compromise the contents of his game because some Big Company is telling him to make changes to them, either....

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2014, 01:18:51 PM »
The point is that Touhou's concept as a whole does not clash with Nintendo's policy, considering that, as I said before, the latter owns series such as Fatal Frame (they co-own it) and Eternal Darkness, both of which make it look like child's play.

And while Nintendo of America has issues with more mature stuff in their games, Nintendo of Japan has lesser issues with them.  The original Mario Kart, for example, has Peach and Bowser drink champagne in the Japanese version when they get first place.
http://youtu.be/S-Nn0BeMBgQ

And in the Japanese version of Wario Land 2, the transformation Crazy Wario is Drunk Wario, as the penguins that threw balls at him in the English version splash him with beer instead.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:27:51 PM by game2011 »

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2014, 01:49:07 AM »
Come to think of it, aren't Reimu & co. underaged drinkers?

No, none of them are. I think Kosuzu may be.

« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2015, 01:44:15 AM »
Just about every ending involves Reimu & co. having a drink with the "villain" and making peace. Then there's Yuugi, (who is "only playing around woth you, her sake NOT EVEN DROP" =) ), and Suika whose gourd produces endless sake and who is pretty much perma-drunk... Come to think of it, aren't Reimu & co. underaged drinkers? And then there's the "legal drinking age" message at the end of most games. So...... yeah, there's a lot of references to this sort of stuff in the games. =)

I don't think ZUN would be the kind to compromise the contents of his game because some Big Company is telling him to make changes to them, either....

I forgot about that, sorry.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Drake

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2015, 04:34:26 AM »
what is this "legal drinking age in Gensokyo" you speak of

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2015, 12:23:18 AM »
Assuming there's a drinking age at all, Reimu would have been 20 by PCB anyway, rendering the point moot.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

cuc

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2015, 04:35:38 AM »
Article on a Dec 18 panel about Sony Computer Entertainment and indie publishers.

Speakers include Sony's Akinari Ito, Unity Japan's Hiroki Omae, Playism's Shunji Mizutani, and Mediascape's Nozomu Ezaki (D.N.A.) and Fumio Oyamada.

Most important info:
It is the Play,Doujin! project's goal to bring Japanese doujin games to the world. That's why the name is written in English letters.

More articles:
http://snn.getnews.jp/archives/505972
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20141222-00000012-famitsu-game
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20141230_681206.html
http://www.4gamer.net/games/272/G027213/20141218166/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:38:45 PM by cuc »

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2015, 05:11:48 AM »
Article on a Dec 16 panel about Sony Computer Entertainment and indie publishers.

Speakers include Sony's Akinari Ito, Unity Japan's Hiroki Omae, Playism's Shunji Mizutani, and Mediascape's Nozomu Ezaki (D.N.A.) and Fumio Oyamada.

Most important info:
It is the Play,Doujin! project's goal to bring Japanese doujin games to the world. That's why the name is written in English letters.

Then would this be possible news of the doujin games being on more then just Japanese PSN?
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2015, 07:29:45 PM »
Does anyone already know why this happens and the true reasons behind this? I wonder if it will be the only one game in the case or if it's only the beginning of other similar things. I hope it won't. Fully commercial Touhou games are the last thing I'd expected to see.
I'm genuinely upset by what I just learned.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2015, 07:32:42 PM »
Does anyone already know why this happens and the true reasons behind this? I wonder if it will be the only one game in the case or if it's only the beginning of other similar things. I hope it won't. Fully commercial Touhou games are the last thing I'd expected to see.
I'm genuinely upset by what I just learned.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember something being said that Official Touhou games will not appear on PSN, and that this is a way for fan games to get their games out there.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2015, 07:51:22 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember something being said that Official Touhou games will not appear on PSN, and that this is a way for fan games to get their games out there.

No no, I don't know anything about the topic, I'm just curious to understand what's happening and humbly ask questions! ◠◠'

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2015, 08:04:31 PM »
No no, I don't know anything about the topic, I'm just curious to understand what's happening and humbly ask questions! ◠◠'

Oh OK, from what I've gathers reading all of this, they are setting up a system for Dojinshi circles to put their games on (not just Touhou games), it's apparently really hard for these circles to get the kind of fame with out advertising like Zun's and a few others can.

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2015, 08:33:23 PM »
Mmmm ain't got no PS4 so I am more concerned about whether FUTURE Touhou fangames will be made EXCLUSIVELY for such consoles or not (Are there still going to be fangames for PCs?)