Author Topic: 東方大魔楼 ~ Mystic Memory Drive [WiP Danmaku Fangame]  (Read 5375 times)

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
東方大魔楼 ~ Mystic Memory Drive [WiP Danmaku Fangame]
« on: August 11, 2014, 03:00:54 AM »
Its been nearly a year since I posted any updates on the status of my fangame. That being said, I feel that I have come far enough to announce the game once more with a thread dedicated to doing so. So I present Touhou Daimaro ~ Magical Moon Story!

Touhou Magical Moon Story MMS for short is a fangame for Touhou Danmakufu Ph3, this fangame is being developed by three people, myself(Programing, Most Resources), Spectral Nexus(Music), and Eiburine(Boss Art). If we rewind back a year ago, MMS was just a tiny little (and lets be honest here) crappy fangame in Danmakufu 12m. Over this past year I have advanced so much into Danmakufu eventually exceeding version 12m and permanently moving on to our newest constantly updating version ph3. I've learned alot of other stuff such as how to properly use raster and vector(to a certain extent) editing programs such as Gimp, Photoshop, and Inkscape, just to name a few. Ever since I transitioned on to ph3 I have worked hard to bring my idea of a Touhou game to life so I practiced and practiced with the engine, had to remake stages and boss battles constantly until I finally find a certain amount of satisfaction with them and most of all, the help of my music composer and artist who're helping me see this project to the end and I am very grateful for them.

Story:
MMS takes place in Gensokyo of course, a mysterious tower has appeared out of nowhere and seems to be causing quite the disturbance around Gensokyo affecting three characters the most, Reimu Hakurei, Aya Shameimaru, and Reisen U. Inaba. Reimu discovers some of Gensokyo's natural and unnatural resources in decline and decides to seek out the cause of this and comes to the conclusion that the tower is the source of this problem so she sets out to confront the one who is responsible. Aya notices the tower's existence and decides to go out and get photographs of the tower's interior and exterior as well as the people(Youkai maybe) inside and write her reports on them. Tewi informs Eirin of a rumor that the tower is able to transport people back and forth to the moon and instructs Reisen to investigate the area and get a direct report from the person in charge of the tower. The girls have been brought into the shenanigans of the Great Tower of Magic as named by many residents of Gensokyo and set their sights for the Youkai Mountain (Aya is already there of course) since it seems to be the closest area to the tower.
(Story will probably go under changes to fill up weird things, plotholes, ect....)

Gameplay:
The game is just like every other Touhou, I have had many different ideas planned that I may or may not have implemented, currently I have Mystic Square's Dream system to make a return in this game and other gimmicks from the previous games, a few other features including a Boss Rush mode, Character Biographies, and possibly other stuff if I come up with new ideas in the future.

Release Date:
Planned 3 Stage Demo to release Summer of 2015. If all things go accordingly. Regardless, the demo will be this year.

Progress Showcase (What you see may not be final for the demo and full game release)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr_y0yhRYePI0eFoQAoyXinJdz6RUo7l4
I'll, try to keep screenshots to a minimum. I do Youtube videos from time to time mainly for bosses.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 01:35:08 AM by Sage Ω (Ultima) »

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Re: 東方大魔楼 ~ Magical Moon Story [WiP Danmaku Fangame]
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:21:04 PM »
Hmmm the art looks pretty good but as always I ask for gameplay videos if you have. And I suggest to you to drop that "14.8th" to avoid possible fan rage :P
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:52:32 PM »
Gameplay videos hmm, I don't have any at the moment but since Stage 1 is nearing full completion( more difficulty levels is what's left) I may post something of that. As for the 14.8th thing, lol I may do something with it, especially if ZUN actually does a 14.8 game. Or I can do like I did in my sig image(the first thing you see when the game starts up) and add a "This is a fangame" line. I already have to redo that image because I signed out of my computer with gimp open and didn't save an xcf file of it.

Anyway, thanks for taking an interest in the game. I will try my best to get something playable in the next month or so if I'm not too busy.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 02:35:56 AM »
Updating the thread to announce a 3 stage demo to be released this summer. I also updated the cover art, as well as added a link to the Youtube playlist in which all videos will be posted.

As always, things are subject to change from now to the demo, and from the demo to the full game release.

Marron

• Ordinary crow
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 12:03:31 PM »
Seems really interesting. I can't help but think of Kotohime while looking at the screen.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 09:02:47 PM »
I think she was actually suggested to me for a cameo appearance in the game long ago. I don't really remember since it was just a simple conversation on Skype, but no its not her (assuming you're talking about the cover).

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing a random video this weekend, showcasing some effects. There are some things that need to be redone or replaced, or implemented altogether. I was busy all week but now I'm free.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
Re: 東方大魔楼 ~ Mystic Memory Drive [WiP Danmaku Fangame]
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 03:34:02 AM »
I haven't been keeping up on youtube due to other stuff getting in the way. But progress is slowly making it's way back in.

So I have a video of a mostly completed Stage 1, functionality for some things are still missing or may look weird, but this is stage 1 for the most part. Things are still subject to change in the final despite how much I have redone this stage already lol. Danmakufu doesn't seem to like my new computer and fps is all over the place with random slowdowns for no reason, future videos will be uploaded by members of Team Eternal Desire.

Stage 1 Test Video

You may also notice the new name in the video, it is rare for games to do this but I found the new name more fitting to the plot.

I may show progress with the game or my own danmaku engine from time to time. https://twitter.com/EternalUltima/media
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:47:02 AM by Sage Ω (Ultima) »

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 06:04:48 AM »
Nice to see you getting back at this project!
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

TalosMistake

• Master of Aura and Shade
  • I'm Talos, not Talo~~
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 09:53:29 AM »
Wow stage 1 looks really nice.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 02:48:21 PM »
I cannot say when a demo will be available, but I am working on it as much as I can. Regardless, thank you for your support.