Author Topic: It took only a year, and Kantai Collection is finally getting its own anime.  (Read 31461 times)

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
Spoiler:
Prepare for Taihou to get the South Burning treatment~
Spoiler:
So, to put it simply, turkeys?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Well that episode was...certainly a thing. I still can't comprehend half the stuff that happened

Spoiler:
Shimakaze was really cute every time she was on screen though

oh my.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Spoiler:
Kongou sisters confirmed for wacky shenanigans.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
This episode was a bit jarring, I'd say, but I can live with it.

For some reason, I'm finding both the OP and ED rather addictive. Fubuki has been stuck in my head all day.

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
So far, the quality hasn't degraded...yet. Hope it keeps up.

And I really want that Kongou Photo Album. Hope they have a special feature in the Blu-Ray. :derp:

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Giratina93

• The Great Titan of a Lost Realm
  • Behold, the Dark Lord of Distortion sees all
Another new episode of Kancolle... and a funny one at that.

Spoiler:
Fubuki for best flagship in the fleet
Why... why must weak humans destroy their world? Why can they not preserve that which they see so dear to them? Why must all life perish before immortality?

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum

the face of a leader

Bio

• resident walker
I approve of Zuikaku screen time.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Newface!
Koungou desu!
You've got mail!
Kongou desu!

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
All I can say after watching episode 7 was can be summarized by one highlight...

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!

Bucky does it again!
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
All I can say after watching episode 7 was can be summarized by one highlight...

BOOM HEADSHOT!!!

Bucky does it again!
I started screaming at my MonHun playing roommate that "THEY JUST SHOT HER IN THE FUCKING HEAD! HOLY SHIT!" and he finally looked up.

I'm enjoying this show way more than I ever thought I would.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Hotel episode next week.

Hotels are nice.

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
Spoiler:
Battle of the Coral Sea
this week?
Yamato next week?

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Giratina93

This week's episode was not a hotel.

Spoiler:
Dang... to think she's an even bigger eater than Akagi of all people... something tells me Yamato is a class A resource drain in the actual game
Why... why must weak humans destroy their world? Why can they not preserve that which they see so dear to them? Why must all life perish before immortality?

Totaku

This week's episode was not a hotel.

Spoiler:
Dang... to think she's an even bigger eater than Akagi of all people... something tells me Yamato is a class A resource drain in the actual game

That's because she
Spoiler:
REALLY IS
Spoiler:
The Long version: Akagi's big appetite is mainly based upon her high bauxite consumption since bauxite is used to replenish planes. And she can hold lots of planes, thus she's can be costly to replenish planes. Where Yamato's gigantic appetite is based on her fuel and ammo consumption. Which to put into the simplest terms is 2.5x larger than the Nagato's fuel consumption in game.
Spoiler:
So to try to compare it, with Akagi, one might say that Akagi's fuel + ammo + bauxite consumption might be close to equal to Nagato's consumption in game. So yes, basically Yamato consumes about 2.5x that of which Akagi might consume.

Spoiler:
The simple version: Yamato has a gigantic appetite that dwarfs Akagi significantly. It's no wonder why Nagato was concern about Yamato taking any action in battle and consuming resources since they're kinda been struggling with them since the last episode (since they were low on instant repairs, which while isn't the same thing kinda give a good idea they're not in good shape at the naval base ATM)

Also yes for this episode my summary is this: Hotel was very hotel, Nagato had her cute moments, and next episode shows a some big promise...
Spoiler:
Nightmare of Solomon is coming...brace for MAXIMUM POI!
Now I Twitter

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Also yes for this episode my summary is this: Hotel was very hotel, Nagato had her cute moments, and next episode shows a some big promise...
Spoiler:
Nightmare of Solomon is coming...brace for MAXIMUM POI!

Don't forget, the possible
Spoiler:
sinking of Yuudachi if this is true oh boy

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
Spoiler:
Oh man, the look on that chipmunk's face - Chipmunk for MVP.
I almost died laughing.

Spoiler:
And K2 shenanigans coming up. I'm really looking forward to next week.

Spoiler:
poi kai ni yesssssssss

Also Nagato's cute side oh my god I died there

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
STOP SAYING POI

Anyway hotel best hotel.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
Spoiler:
I'm predicting the next episode will diverge from history. Here's what I think will happen. It would be from the abyssal perspective. The abyssal's new prototype rigging armed with a nuke is hijacked by Yuudachi. Yuudachi proceeds to nuke the abyssal naval review.

Quad City QBs

I know you're joking, but the anime is already breaking with history by
Spoiler:
having them continue with Operation MO, the attack on Port Moresby, following Coral Sea.

Historically, following the IJN's overwhelming successes in the Centrifugal Offensive during early 1942, Imperial GHQ couldn't quite decide what to do next. The Army wanted to cut off Australia from the rest of the Allies. Admiral Yamamoto wanted to draw out and destroy the American carrier fleet by attacking and occupying Midway, which was a stupid idea for several reasons. But because Yamamoto had so much influence at the time, they ended up splitting the baby--sending Shoukaku and Zuikaku to Port Moresby over by Australia, where they would support an invasion just off the Australian mainland and then dash back east to rejoin Akagi, Kaga, Souryuu and Hiryuu at Midway.

As we saw last episode, it didn't work out that way. Unexpectedly stiff American resistance rendered Shoukaku and Zuikaku unready to move on Midway in time, and so Japan backed off of Australia and attacked Midway with only four carriers--understrength from half a year of sustained operations--no land-based air cover, and with the Allies knowing of their plans. For these and several other reasons that really warrant their own post, the result was a historic defeat that opened the door to the Guadalcanal Campaign.

A popular topic of alternate-WW2-history discussions is what would have happened if Japan had not made the ill-fated push on Midway and had instead kept its carrier force together and struck at Australia. (Ultimately it would not have made much of a difference--at the time of Midway, the US already had 12 Essex-class carriers in the works, more than enough to roll over the Combined Fleet.) Perhaps the anime will explore this alternate history?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:35:29 AM by Quad City QBs »

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
So why exactly is she called a hotel?

More Yuudachi is always good
Spoiler:
especially if that leads to us getting her second upgrade soon
poi

Totaku

So why exactly is she called a hotel?

Yamato was a very large battleship that was made back during WWII. In fact she was larger than any other Battleship that was made in the war by the IJN. After her inital testing was done, she became reconized by the commanding officers of the Imperial Japanese Navy as pertty much the iconic flagship that represented the IJN as a whole. Because of this, Yamato didn't get involved too heavily during the early part in WWII. She was mostly stationed at Kure, and then later at Truk, and then returned back to Kure at the late part of the war...

Thanks for her highly regarded status symbol and her very high consumption (being the largest battleship made in Japan at the time, she required lots of fuel in order to keep going) she mainly remained stationed and did nothing. Because of this, high rank officers often used the Yamato as place to hold main headquarter operation and dicussions, a lounging quarters and also a luxurious diner. Thus often the high ranks would often reffer to Yamato as "Yamato Hotel" much like the one in Dalian, China.

So yeah, the great battleship that didn't get to see a lot of action was used as a relaxing place for high ranking officer more or less.

This would however change late in WWII when the IJN was drastically loosing ships left and right and also loosing the territory they had control over prior to thier battle with the US. Ultimately they ended up bring Yamato into the battlefeild once when Kure threathen to be under attack by the US. And thus on she was a suicide mission (Operation Ten-Go) to do one thing... stall the US navy and try to drive them back if possible from Kure.

In her battle at Ten-Go she was repeatly bombared by dive bombers and torpedo bombers until she ultimately capsized and went out in a gigantic explosion that was seen for miles. Thus ending the tale of the IJN's most iconic ship from WWII.
Now I Twitter

Quad City QBs

Yamato was a very large battleship that was made back during WWII. In fact she was larger than any other Battleship that was made in the war by the IJN.

Nitpick: Yamato was the largest battleship of any navy in history. Each of her turrets alone displaced as much as a whole destroyer!

The American Montana class would have rivaled Yamato, but they were never actually built because big battlewagons were already obsolete by that time. The fact that Montana couldn't fit through the Panama Canal couldn't have hurt, either...

Giratina93

Guess what day it is?!

KANCOLLE DAY! GET OFF YOUR CELLPHONES AND WATCH THE EPISODE!

Spoiler:
Curse you, Abyssals! You destroyed the Naval District! And killed the Admiral... probably. Also, the Nightmare of Solomon is here, and ready to tear the Abyssals asunder.

Quad City QBs

The
Spoiler:
attack on the Naval District is a reference to the Doolittle Raid, which actually didn't cause a whole lot of damage, except perhaps to Taigei. The fact that an American carrier was able to strike the Home Islands at all, though, freaked out the Japanese sufficiently to approve the Midway operation. That and the fact that they're pulling away from Objective MO, or Port Moresby, all but guarantees a Midway episode. Nice knowing you, Akagi and Kaga!

Spoiler:
This raises the question of where the season will end. Midway makes a logical ending point, if a bit of a downer. Guadalcanal is also a possibility, huge battle, Yuudachi gets to show her fangs. Problem is, Fubuki is already sunk by then!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
The
Spoiler:
attack on the Naval District is a reference to the Doolittle Raid, which actually didn't cause a whole lot of damage, except perhaps to Taigei. The fact that an American carrier was able to strike the Home Islands at all, though, freaked out the Japanese sufficiently to approve the Midway operation. That and the fact that they're pulling away from Objective MO, or Port Moresby, all but guarantees a Midway episode. Nice knowing you, Akagi and Kaga!

Spoiler:
This raises the question of where the season will end. Midway makes a logical ending point, if a bit of a downer. Guadalcanal is also a possibility, huge battle, Yuudachi gets to show her fangs. Problem is, Fubuki is already sunk by then!
Spoiler:
It's possible that they'll go off the rails though which has actually happened already. After all, wasn't the Doolittle Raid before the Battle of the Coral Sea despite the anime already showing the battle a couple of episodes ago?

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Quad City QBs

Spoiler:
It's possible that they'll go off the rails though which has actually happened already. After all, wasn't the Doolittle Raid before the Battle of the Coral Sea despite the anime already showing the battle a couple of episodes ago?

Spoiler:
Possibly. The bombing may actually also be a reference to the raid on Rabaul, now that I think about it.