Author Topic: It took only a year, and Kantai Collection is finally getting its own anime.  (Read 31469 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
...And still no Touhou anime for 18 years and still counting.

Video: FEAST YOUR EYES ON SHIP GIRLS GLIDING ON THE SURFACE OF THE SEVEN SEAS! Harr di harr harr!

Studio: Diomed?a
Director: Kusakawa Keizo

:^)

http://www.animemaru.com/kancolle-anime-delayed-to-winter-2015-due-to-inability-to-come-up-with-plot/

I don't even know what to expect right now...

Edit: Yes, the quote was a joke, but the anime is official.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:45:27 PM by En »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

At least we have Musou Kakyou and Gensou Mangekyou...

Normal 1ccs - EOSD, PCB, SA
Extra 1ccs - PCB

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
En, you do know that article you got there comes from Anime Maru right? Anime Maru is apardoy site that basiclly makes joke articles based on current events using anime as a refference point. So.... the article you posted there is just a joke and not real right?

Otherwise, yes, I'm hyped for the anime after looking at the PV.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
En, you do know that article you got there comes from Anime Maru right? Anime Maru is apardoy site that basiclly makes joke articles based on current events using anime as a refference point. So.... the article you posted there is just a joke and not real right?

Otherwise, yes, I'm hyped for the anime after looking at the PV.
Ye I know. I just felt like posting it here. :^)

Edit: Fine. I'll post the source.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
I hope that this anime will be a good chance to know the girls without playing the game.
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
I gotta say, the use of 3DCG in the trailer makes me concerned for the production values of the show when it comes out...

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
I gotta say, the use of 3DCG in the trailer makes me concerned for the production values of the show when it comes out...
The new Knights of Sidonia

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Well it was known that Kancolle was having it's own anime since last September or October iirc but it's still baffling how soon they already got one going.

I'm keeping a cautionary hype for now. I'm excited but won't expect much for now so I won't be disappointed when it comes out and turns out to be shit in the end :V

Well it was known that Kancolle was having it's own anime since last September or October iirc but it's still baffling how soon they already got one going.

I'm keeping a cautionary hype for now. I'm excited but won't expect much for now so I won't be disappointed when it comes out and turns out to be shit in the end :V
at worst it will be like Kagepro all over again :V

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
The new Knights of Sidonia
More like the new Arpeggio

Totaku

Bumpin' because new info keeps pouring out. I'm certain most of us have seen the new Kanmusus they've been introducing gradually over the web, but now we know about the screen writers!

The gist is this, we are getting 3 screen writers working on the anime:

-Hanada Jukki (F/SN, Steins;Gate, Kannazuki no Miko)
-Yoshino Hiroyuki (Mai Hime, Darker than Black, Macross Frontier, Guilty Crown)
-Aoshima Takashi (Muv Luv Alternative, Campione, Brighter than the Dawning Blue)

Expect lots of drama, potential yuri, and very possible sinking to happen....
Now I Twitter

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Expect lots of drama, potential yuri, and very possible sinking to happen....
Because they're battleships? Is that the joke?

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
No because those three writers have a tendency to kill off characters. There's no joke.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
Am I the only one wondering why the aircraft carrier has but one destroyer and one battleship to protect her? You'd expect her to have many destroyers circling her.

Drake

That writer lineup. Shipgirls are dying.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Drama action thriller are the keywords jumping into my mind.

The anime could be cruel and in my opinion interesting. Except it might hurt the people who treat their shipgirls as kawaii doki doki sugoi. Usually those are in the majority. Honestly I was quite intrigued by the trailer video, even though I have nothing with Kancolle. It is high class material, if they can keep up that quality this could be pretty booming.

Totaku

Thanks to some information that got leaked out on the Kancolle themed Magazine "Advice for the Daily Lives of the Naval Office District Vol 4." that was released a day ahead of schedule we learned about some important information regarding the anime that might be important to know.

The key points of the interview revealed the following factors:

1. Originally, when the anime was in production, they were only going have 20 Ship Girls but after lots of replanning, they managed to expand it to 40 Ship Girls.

2. Another anime screening will happen at Yokohama later on, no date is given.

3. Some episodes of the anime will be character focuses, currently it's known there will be one episode that'll focus on Kongou, one for Yamato, and one for Destroy Division 6 (Akatsuki, Ikazuchi, Inazuma, and Hibiki).

It leaves me asking, "Can they really squeeze that into 12 episodes?" I'm beginning to think it might be bigger than just 12 episodes... but it's still too early to tell.
Now I Twitter

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
1. Originally, when the anime was in production, they were only going have 20 Ship Girls but after lots of replanning, they managed to expand it to 40 Ship Girls.
YES. This means there's still hope for either Kuma or Taigei~

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Like someone from the Kancolle boards mentioned, it's most likely that the ships that haven't been announced will most likely just be very minor side characters, while the ones that were announced and on the website will be focused on more instead as the "main ships".

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
Like someone from the Kancolle boards mentioned, it's most likely that the ships that haven't been announced will most likely just be very minor side characters, while the ones that were announced and on the website will be focused on more instead as the "main ships".
True. either way though, I'd be satisfied with even some minor interaction with the ones that haven't been announced.

Quad City QBs

It leaves me asking, "Can they really squeeze that into 12 episodes?" I'm beginning to think it might be bigger than just 12 episodes... but it's still too early to tell.

WTB Inferno Cop-style webisodes

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
A shipgirl's life ain't easy but at least there's ice cream.

PV shows a couple of girls showing up that aren't listed on the official site.  Hopefully some of them become major characters because I needs me that
Spoiler:
Ashigara.
  It'd also be nice if
Spoiler:
Mamiya
got some well-deserved screentime.

Also,
Spoiler:
yuri confirmed.
  :V

Totaku

While we're at it, let's post the basic plot of the anime too! Provided by ANN.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-07/kantai-collection-kan-colle-anime-2nd-video-story-unveiled/.80775

Basicilly it's a Action/SoL hybrid and the plot focuses on the story that humanity has lost controls of the oceans due to the mysterious enemy fleet known as the Abyssal fleet. And now they turn to human girls who possess the spirits of WWII War Vessels within them. (AKA Kanmusu) That's the basic gist that's known.
Now I Twitter

Drama action thriller are the keywords jumping into my mind.

The anime could be cruel and in my opinion interesting. Except it might hurt the people who treat their shipgirls as kawaii doki doki sugoi. Usually those are in the majority.

Pretty much this. I really hope it'll be something serious, and not all just moe. It'll be more interesting if they decide to take a risk and pick a more complicated and deep story for the anime. With those staffs, I'm hoping that it will be.

I'm not saying that it's definitely going to fail if it decided to go for cute or anything, but I guess that'll be a better choice in my opinion.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
Oh man. I just keep getting more and more hype for this.

Quad City QBs

Pretty much this. I really hope it'll be something serious, and not all just moe. It'll be more interesting if they decide to take a risk and pick a more complicated and deep story for the anime. With those staffs, I'm hoping that it will be.

I'm not saying that it's definitely going to fail if it decided to go for cute or anything, but I guess that'll be a better choice in my opinion.

from looking at the PV, I wouldn't hold my breath

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
no battleship english tea wife britainia in my PV

where is my kongou

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
Looks like we got our first commercial.
Atago will be the death of us all.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Akino from bless4 will be performing the OP called "Miiro". The ED is called "Fubuki" which will apparently be performed by Nishizawa Shiena.

Trying too hard with MC I see

Totaku

The day is approaching guys! The anime is about to be coming out in about less than 2 weeks roughly!

So let me give you some info regarding the anime that might be important since this came mainly from the recent Febri Magazine:

1. The anime is going to be between 12-13 episodes

2. A season two is in the works.... if the sells for the anime and it's ratings do well.

3. 30 + Kanmusus will have regular roles.

4. While Zuikaku was introduced in a magazine not too long ago she actually doesn't have an active role in the series's plans... however... she's the director's favorite.... so... she might get a cameo...somewhere.

5. An event is planned for after the anime's completion!

Also the Kancolle Anime, if you haven't already heard about it had a special screening on the 27th of December.

To explain, there was a deal that was given to people who put in enough money to get a special ticket to go see the special screening of the first episode of Kantai Collection 2 weeks before it's official release!

So what I'm about to post is a big spoiler since it reveals some things regarding the anime. DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT SOME PEOPLE THOUGH ABOUT THE ANIME AND WHAT THE EPSIODE CONTAINED!!

Spoiler:
The responds from those from the special screening showed that the people who went to the Kancolle anime special screening were pleased with what they showed. This suggest that the first episode shows potential promise and may become a big hit.

Most of the anime focuses on introducing Fubuki along with some of the Kanmusus she meets as well as getting acquainted with Mitsuki and Yuudachi.

So far we got to see the following Kanmusus appear within Episode 1's special preview:

Fubuki, Mutsuki, Yuudachi, Akagi, Kaga, Nagato, Mutsu, Kongou, Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima, Shoukaku, Kuma, Tama, Sendai, Jintsuu, Naka, Tone, Atago, Shimakaze, Akatsuki, Hibiki, Ikazuchi, Inazuma, Mogami, Yuubari, Kitakami, Ooi, Mamiya, Ooyodo, Asashio, Oshio, Michishio, Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Kagerou, Samidare, Hiryuu, and Souryuu.

Besides the basic stuff we also get to see several references in play here...

For instance there's already an onsen scene! This serves as the DOCKING area! Akagi's resting in the onsen there's a timer above her.... set for....16 hours.

Also a small battle does take place late in the episode. Kanmusus seem to get thier equipment from some mechanize device which seem to store thier turrents and ship equipment in some underwater cave which get pulled up on some chains and then latch on to thier Kanmusus.

Besides that we watch as the Kanmusus go out and battle against a few Abyssal destoyers and get to see a nice introduction at the very least at how the battles translate based on the anime (which turned out pretty good to the views)

The transition between 2D to 3D animation wasn't all that bad either from what people saw and basiclly the overall conclusion is the first episode had a great start for the anime.... But I'm only mentioning what people have said, so there's probably more to this if we watch the anime when it airs later starting on January 8th.

Butyeah basiclly the small gist with spoilers suggests that Episode 1 shows a lot of promise for the anime... so stay tuned as we get to watch the anime first hand at the beginning of next month.
Now I Twitter