Author Topic: Suwapyon 2012 HD is now legally available for free!  (Read 2275 times)

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Suwapyon 2012 HD is now legally available for free!
« on: August 05, 2014, 12:41:48 PM »
As of recent, UTG Software have made the HD version of Suwapyon 2012 free for download.

Download link here. (for the record, it is the full game)

Replays done on the non-HD version of Suwapyon 2012 should work fine with the HD version. (at least from my testing)

If the game runs at 30 FPS with the default options, try setting the "フレーム更新の処理" option to either "VBlank検出" or "タイマー" (at least these two make the game run at 60 FPS for me). If the game slows down, try disabling Aero in the game's options (デスクトップコンポジション無効) (will have no effect on Windows 8, since you can't disable it there).

Important note: The HD version uses DirectX 11, meaning you must be on Windows 7 or later. It will most definitely not work on Windows XP, and very likely not on Vista either (despite what the manual may imply).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:26:41 PM by fsvgm777 »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
Re: Suwapyon 2012 HD is now legally available for free!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 12:13:57 AM »
What is this, the month of fangame rereleases?

In other news, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 01:23:33 AM »
>Suwapyon 2
>Free

time to party
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 10:14:13 AM »
So version 1.31 has been released. It sort of fixes the issue where the game runs at 30 FPS with the default settings (however, it slows down pretty often to ~55-ish FPS with the default settings in the menu, so I still recommend changing the "フレーム更新の処理" option to either "VBlank検出" or "タイマー").

However, it now doesn't want to run in fullscreen for me anymore, despite me explicitly setting it in the config. Alt+Enter doesn't work either.

(also, I wish they made a patch for those who downloaded 1.30 before, so there'd be no need to re-download over 126 MB again)