Author Topic: When the Bells Toll (Visual Novel)  (Read 5647 times)

When the Bells Toll (Visual Novel)
« on: August 04, 2014, 07:05:39 AM »
-
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 04:24:47 PM by Lishy1 »

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: When the Bells Toll (Visual Novel)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 01:24:50 AM »
I feel like Higurashi had at least a little bit of influence on this project.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 01:47:48 AM »
We're expecting our demo to have 3 chapters and estimating the wordcount to be 36,000 to 41,000 words.

Currently we're almost done the first chapter and have slightly over 10,000 words of script at the moment. I would say the current draft of our demo script is about 1/4th complete. While that doesn't sound like much, a lot of work has been done redoing our script, and our outline document itself is over 32,000 words, which obviously took me a considerable amount of time as well.

There's a lot of ways you could collab with writers on PSL for this project to get this chugging along nicely, I think. You might present the script so far - 10,000 words takes like half an hour to read at a leisurely pace - and have writers pitch their ideas in-thread. From there you then take it to further fleshing out, either with a closed group of a few writers, or through an open discussion.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Mr.Magic

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 04:15:49 AM »
wow this looks pretty good

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 01:38:37 PM »
I feel like Higurashi had at least a little bit of influence on this project.

I don't deny being a huge fan of Ryukishi07's work :P
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:24:03 AM by Lishy1 »

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 02:16:02 PM »
I'd hope you at least make the presentation less... Higurashi-esque, for lack of better words. Regardless of how well Higurashi was received, I'm sure it wasn't because of its presentation and production values. :P

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 03:24:38 AM »
Bump!

Our website is finally up, and the original post is completely redone. Check it out!  :D