Author Topic: Avatar: Legend of Korra  (Read 3094 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« on: July 29, 2014, 08:34:10 PM »
Anyone still watching this? I know the first two seasons got some rather mixed reviews. The third season seems pretty interesting so far though. I won't say it's perfect, but I've been liking it so far, especially the villians, though admittedly, we haven't seen much of them so far.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Re: Avatar: Legend of Korra
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:32:54 AM »
Third season is definitely the best season yet, because it feels familiar to the original Avatar for some reason. After Season 2, which was lackluster, this is a nice change. And love the environments, especially the Metal City. So against the usual Metal City stereotypes!

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 12:38:28 PM »
I watched it. I didn't find the season 2 that bad honestly, but season 1's end was pretty bad imo
Spoiler:
(did Amon suddenly get weak when he unblocked Korra's airbend)
. Season 3 is being really good so far.

I also wonder how things will be with the move to digital, since I didn't even watch it on Nick in first place (I don't live in the US lol). I'll get whatever the main subtitlers group for my language pick for subtitling. :derp:

Also, do people here also read the comic books that continue The Last Airbender? The final one will be out in November, I'm waiting so bad for it. :*

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 08:10:15 PM »
Third season is definitely the best season yet, because it feels familiar to the original Avatar for some reason. After Season 2, which was lackluster, this is a nice change. And love the environments, especially the Metal City. So against the usual Metal City stereotypes!

Stereotypes? I don't know what it is about this season that's different from season 1 and 2. It's not the pacing, it's still pretty fast. Maybe it's how they've been moving around. I want to say they spent more time on character development, but I'm not sure that's true.

I watched it. I didn't find the season 2 that bad honestly, but season 1's end was pretty bad imo
Spoiler:
(did Amon suddenly get weak when he unblocked Korra's airbend)
. Season 3 is being really good so far.

I also wonder how things will be with the move to digital, since I didn't even watch it on Nick in first place (I don't live in the US lol). I'll get whatever the main subtitlers group for my language pick for subtitling. :derp:

Also, do people here also read the comic books that continue The Last Airbender? The final one will be out in November, I'm waiting so bad for it. :*

I thought season 2 was pretty solid starting with the Wan stuff. It started off odd, but it got better. I don't really like the finale that much though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:47:53 AM »
Well,  fantasy settings and the like usually have all these metal city = evil and rusty stereotypes, and then this series goes and does something different.

And yeah, I've been reading the comics too, but haven't read the third story yet. Dunno if I like them as much as the series, there were subtle things in the series that are not present in comic.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 04:50:52 PM »
I saw the Real Life Movie, horrible :(
The Anime looks quite good.226

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »
I saw the Real Life Movie, horrible :(
The Anime looks quite good.226

There is no Real Action Movie of Avatar  :derp:

I havn't watched Legend of Korra but I watched The Last Airbender like 3-4 times.
Is it worth the time? :)

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 01:50:46 PM »

I havn't watched Legend of Korra but I watched The Last Airbender like 3-4 times.

There is none indeed! :V

And it definitively is!

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 12:05:18 AM »

It's not as good as the original and kinda flawed, but I still find it fun to watch. I find it's definitely gotten better as it went on, especially in season 2 going in to three. Anyway,
spoiler for episode 10
Spoiler:
Are we supposed to not like Zaheer and his group? So far they've only killed Ai wei and the queen and no one liked those guys anyway[/spoilers]

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 05:30:10 PM »
In a way, I was thinking the same, even how they seem to be the underdogs compared to the heroes. It's like they are heroes, fighting against an overwhelming force using their special powers.