Author Topic: [Music] Pushing some buttons  (Read 15302 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: [Music] Pushing some buttons
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2016, 10:06:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured there wasn't any secret to it - play around with all sorts of ideas, watch tutorials if you need to, eventually you have a good enough grasp of things to make a song, but it's nice to hear it anyway.

If you have any tips or insights that helped you back when you were churning these out, that'd be nice. For now, I don't have a lot to ask about until I try it myself.

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2016, 11:11:30 AM »
psy trance uh! that's sound can be good to use for a retro shooting game! lol! i dig into your other tracks as well, very good for game soundtrack!

just say if i was a game developer,maybe i will hire you! :D

i started pushing button like you but one year earlier,but i just wasted hundred things! you are doing good! lol!

BTW, i pressed "follow" your soundcloud, keep making more music! don't let other stop you! :)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2016, 02:28:08 AM »
KoolKoll993: Glad to hear you enjoyed it, haha. I'll have to give your music a listen too!

BT: Make sure you don't use the template with Fruity Limiter on the main mixer, or if you do, to remove it. It can be useful in mastering if you know what you're doing with it, but otherwise it'll make your music sound really muddy and crowded. Beyond that... experiment, I guess. :V

And as promised, a finished new track - the first one I've finished in over a year, so really happy about this one. Mountaintop.

The original idea for this was to try making a track which retained power despite the absence of a kick beat (influenced by a lot of listens to Beatless Challenge by Diverse System), which I used in pretty much every other track I've made. I think it went quite nicely, and I also got to practice making my own instruments - the 'beeps' instrument and main melody instrument (the one that likes to slide around) are ones I built from scratch within the plugin rather than modified from existing presets which is how I tended to work previously. It's a little more work but the customization it allows is really nice.

Any kind of feedback is greatly appreciated, so please feel free let me know what you think if you give it a listen. Enjoy!

Let's fight.

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2016, 11:43:05 AM »
i went through some painful mixing,mastering experiences as well, yes, :D

don't limit while mixing,don't compress (unless special purpose like sidechain), smart EQ to achieve clean mix, save headroom, don't go too hot.....

you new track sound like fusion between trance and ambient, it's quite nice...

but if for my taste, i would like toned down open hat a little bit,snare with more echo reverb than dry, slower BPM, well, that track of your would be nice into Tangerine Dream old lovely ambient synthpop style...no kidding!

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2016, 03:36:44 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. After reading I actually went back and made some little tweaks here and there - slightly lower volume on the open hat, volume and EQ tweaks to the piano and so on and then reuploaded it, sounds a little better now I think. I toyed around with dropping the BPM a little but I didn't think it sounded quite right so left it at 140.

I gave the music on your soundcloud a listen and I was really impressed at how professional sounding the mixes were, really cool stuff. I still need to improve quite a bit in that area, I think... probably because I'm 'going too hot' as you call it. :V
Let's fight.

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2016, 10:40:48 AM »
really... thank you! it's good to get decent and healthy mix and then you all focus on composing! :D

btw, i see spambot attack your soundcloud, it's better for you to block and report them if you feel annoyed!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:24:17 AM by KoolKool993 »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2018, 01:41:56 PM »
Viewpoint.

This is one I've been sitting on for a couple of years, having gotten most of the way through and hitting a block, which then never got solved because my bass plugin mysteriously stopped working. Last week I got off my ass and decided to finish it, and here we are. :V It's pretty trancey and high energy compared to a lot of my other stuff. There remain a few things that I was debating back and forth with myself about but generally I'm pleased with where it went and in particular think the new and improved bassline works nicely.

Let me know what you think, and enjoy!
Let's fight.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2018, 02:35:16 AM »
Another track two weeks later? Madness!

Tunnel Vision.

(I cheated, it's only just over 2 minutes long.)

I made this in the space of this evening, a weird little track which is essentially techno in 3/4 time rather than the standard 4/4, so pretty experimental. I think it turned out to sound pretty fun, hopefully someone enjoys it. :V
Let's fight.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2018, 11:14:23 PM »
Crystalsnow.

My 20th track, hooray! How time flies. This time it's some Prog House, and probably the closest I've gotten so far to something resembling 'real music'. Really chill, lots of nice melodies (I think), hopefully someone enjoys it.

Feedback appreciated as always!
Let's fight.