Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishment Thread 22: Impossible Spell Cards are No Match For Us!  (Read 210009 times)

kitslol

EoSD 90 FPS Lunatic 1cc
Cleared after 11 game overs to Scarlet Gensokyo. Geez.

congrats!

I think that there's probably more instances of difficult stuff to dodge with Reimu-B but everything's that little bit easier because of the smaller hitbox?
A player of your level should have little to no problem staying under the bosses. ReimuB finishes most attacks slightly faster than SakuyaA, so the latter has to dodge more. SakuyaA generally has to do less planning for stage portions (unless you plan to PoC items), though. ReimuB has to face one more difficult nonspell in stage 4, that's about it. Her controllability and damage largely outweigh that in my opinion, though.

Do you stream? It'd be interesting to watch you live, having seen your dodging style from the replay, which is fairly different from most of what I've seen before.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist

UFO Lunatic No Bombs No UFOs 2/6! ReimuA!

Run was good. NMNB stage 5 included (It's a trend for my successful LNBNV runs to have NMNB stage 5 apparently).

Deaths were: Ichirin's last spell (embarrassing), Sinkable Vortex (She moved the opposite way at the end ;-;), Byakuren's first (typical), Devil's Recitation (on the beginning waves lmao. Somehow I managed to retain my confidence and get through the rest of Byakuren without mistake)

Oh

(?・ω・`)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:54:04 PM by dxk »

KirisameMar_113

• Dodging is fun when I realise my X button broken
PC-98 : 1cc normal except HRtP and SoEW (2cc)
EoSD : All Normal 1cc, Reimu A Hard 1cc
PCB : Sakuya A Normal 1cc, Sakuya A Hard 1cc, Sakuya A Extra (until ran's rotating lasers spellcard, don't remember the name)
IN : Reimu-Yukari Youmu-Yuyuko ReimuSolo Normal 1cc (Final A), Reimu-Yukari Normal 1cc (Final B), Reimu Yukari Hard 1cc (Final A)
MoF : Reimu A Normal 1cc, Reimu A Hard (until Divine Virtue of Wind God), Reimu A Extra (until that seven lasers spellcard),
SA : Reimu A Normal 1cc, Marisa B Normal 1cc, Reimu A Hard (until Orin's third boss nonspell), Reimu A Extra
UFO : Sanae A Easy (190m), Sanae AB Reimu A Normal 1cc, Sanae A Hard (couple seconds after Nazrin stage 5)
TD : Reimu Easy Perfect, Reimu Marisa Sanae Normal 1cc, All overdrive except seiga and mamizou captured
DDC : Sakuya A Normal 1cc, Sakuya A Extra, Sakuya A Hard (until sukuna's big bullet spellcard)

I'm new in this forums and I've been playing touhou for 6 months (still really new)
Normal 1cc : PoDD, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB
Extra : MoF, SA, DDC
Current Goal : DDC Hard 1cc or IN Final B Lunatic

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.
A player of your level should have little to no problem staying under the bosses. ReimuB finishes most attacks slightly faster than SakuyaA, so the latter has to dodge more. SakuyaA generally has to do less planning for stage portions (unless you plan to PoC items), though. ReimuB has to face one more difficult nonspell in stage 4, that's about it. Her controllability and damage largely outweigh that in my opinion, though.
The main thing is at this point I'd have to relearn too much of the game since Reimu requires a different dodging pattern for most of it (stages and bosses)
As well as getting used to Reimu's different movement speed
Do you stream? It'd be interesting to watch you live, having seen your dodging style from the replay, which is fairly different from most of what I've seen before.

Last time I tried streaming I couldn't figure out how to get OBS to work with a fullscreen game, would just show a black screen.
Also time zones are a thing, so idk how likely it is anyone will get to see me live (I live in Australia)

But I'll try to get one up in the next few days

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
I've only been able to run OBS with MoF+ games in full-screen. I think the older engine uses a different format that OBS "Game Capture" won't recognize.

Oh

You can either use monitor capture,
or window capture on a windowed game and then full-screening it in-game.

I remember kits made a guide to stream the older games on full-screen with OBS, I think you can find it on his Twitch profile page.

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
NMNB Sanae on MoF normal on a random Mof Normal NB attempt.  :justasplanned:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:26:52 AM by Nolegs the Cat »

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
*reaches Mystia with ~9900 time points*
Me: "Wtf where'd these time points come from," (I usually have ~8000 at that point). "I wonder what fucked up way I'm going to die in and restart at."
L1MNB IN 1cc. Died to Eirin's nonspell of all things and very nearly died to her spell after it and because the non ended roughly when I died, I couldn't go collect my power items since it would mess up the positioning of the spellcard's familiars. In short, I had to do Kaguya's first 2 lifebars (which are 4 of her hardest 5 attacks) without full power. Somehow, I predicted a fucked up death. Still, this is the first of many 1 miss runs (probably). I actually called for an LNN when entering stage 5, oh well. Gonna go upload this now :>

EDIT: Hey, Gothitelle, wanna race to LNN? :V
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:15:14 AM by Mr Jovial »

PCB Stage 6 NMNBNBB

Easiest Stage 6 Boss for survival imo. The spam tho
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:45:03 AM by Star King »

Ghost

• Fluke dodging is the best tactic.
EDIT: Hey, Gothitelle, wanna race to LNN? :V
Oh it's so on  :]

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
YEEESSS, Hatate unlock!    :]

1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
YEEESSS, Hatate unlock!    :]

Nice job! Seeing as you don't have many accomplishments in the main touhou games, it's actually really impressive that you got through DS! Even as a lunatic player in my day, I had trouble with it :V
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Perfect Marisa fight on IN normal :V
....1 derp clip in the second part of the stage -eyeroll-

(Also, perfect TD stage 4. Pretty much the ONLY non-trivial part is the final spellcard.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:20:01 PM by Nolegs the Cat »

While not quite on the level of bigyihsuan's accomplishment, I managed to unlock DS's Extra Level after spending the last few days trying to clear scenes from levels 8-12. While it's probably not that big a deal all things considered, especially since I'm not good enough to clear anything from it at my current skill level, I'm still pretty proud of at least getting that far.

While I'm at it, I also cleared every scene from ISC about a week ago. Would've mentioned it then, but I don't really come by here too often, so it slipped my mind. <_<
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:57:32 PM by Akanesasusora »

Oh

(?・ω・`)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:54:17 PM by dxk »

KirisameMar_113

• Dodging is fun when I realise my X button broken
First Time 1cc Hard SA:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=34075

Thank you very much for helping me in the spellcard help thread :)
Normal 1cc : PoDD, LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB
Extra : MoF, SA, DDC
Current Goal : DDC Hard 1cc or IN Final B Lunatic

PurpleTheGuy

• Purple and Violet
Hey again everyone!

So yeah, as of a few hours ago or so, I finally managed to beat Perfect Cherry Blossom in lunatic mode for the 1st time ever! :D This one took long enough for me to get, I can say that much.

Perfect Cherry Blossom lunatic 1cc

Screenshot

This one I've been wanting for quite a while, like, since February. I've been on and off with this one, but now, finally, I have the 1st clear for Perfect Cherry Blossom, and with Marisa A to boot! This run was rather hilarious and loltastic, so to speak, but yeah, it actually worked out, haha, but I guess, what could you expect from a 1st lunatic 1cc of anything?

Anyhow, this makes PCB the 3rd Touhou game I've cleared in lunatic mode! ^^
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:51:07 PM by PurpleTheGuy »

Second UFO normal 1cc, this time with SanaeB! I even managed to cap both St. Nikou and Flying Fantastica!
Normal 1cc's: LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN
Extra Clears: EoSD, PCB + Phantasm, IN, MoF, TD, DDC
Phantasmagoria Trues Clears: Standard Regular
Goals: Phantasmagoria Trues Unseen Standard 1cc, MoF XNM, MoF XNF

CyberAngel

• Retired
Finally sat and grinded Mokou's spellcards yesterday, and as a result managed to reach "Possessed by Phoenix". Which I promptly died to due to panic and not knowing the route. Well, it's a good enough milestone for me. Will try to reach it with everyone else. Then maybe I'll stop being stubborn and actually look up the route ::)

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
Welp, I can chalk up a MarisaB 1cc now for EoSD.

I don't particularly like her as much as I like MarisaA.
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
Just beat EoSD hard with ReimuB. Few derp deaths on stage 5 but it was all good. Still had 2 bombs left at the end. Now all that's left for hard 1ccs in this game is MarisaB, which is my least favorite shot type in that game.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
If you saw the rage thread, you would have seen me recently complaining about PCB Hard, such as Chen.

I just 1cc'd it, so hooray! No more dealing with Chen's Stage 2 nonsense!

Went into Yuyuko's battle with 6 lives, left with one extra. Lost five to her last two cards. Not my proudest moment. But, I still won, so I can't somplain.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:05:47 AM by Sukunyanman »

Busy recently, but spent a day off finishing this last scene:

ISC No Item All-Clear