Author Topic: So how is UFO's reception?  (Read 41746 times)

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
Re: So how is UFO's reception?
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »
WAT

don't tell me that train spell card from stage 2 wasn't taken out

that's the worst spell card in all of touhou history

also the spell cards from the first three stages better have changed in some way. those were all horrible

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »
WAT

also the spell cards from the first three stages better have changed in some way. those were all horrible
Nope and nope, everything's the same.

It's not the worst spell card in history, but it definitely makes you think about how to approach it.  And if not that, it makes you panic and bomb it so you can get the obligatory Stage 2 Spell Failure out of the way.

« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »
Actually, I think Kogasa's second boss card and Ichirin's midboss nonspell might have been toned down a bit.  Which is kinda hilarious since there wasn't really anything wrong with them to begin with.

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2009, 11:34:15 PM »
you guys are idiots

there's EVERYTHING wrong with the first three stages

everything

also regardless of what anyone says the train card is still the worst card in history. it's not about how you go about dodging it, it's that it's simply stupid and makes no sense, and zun didn't put enough effort into that card at all

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2009, 11:37:06 PM »
you guys are idiots

everything

also regardless of what anyone says the train card is still the worst card in history. it's not about how you go about dodging it, it's that it's simply stupid and makes no sense, and zun didn't put enough effort into that card at all

Umm... no. Just... no.

I mean, Kogasa's train might be hard enough, but...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 11:39:13 PM by Nwbi »

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2009, 11:40:22 PM »
you guys are idiots

everything

okay.

anyway

stage 4 is pretty easy now that i've done it a bagillion times. still trying to perfect stage 5 though. those ying yang orbs are mean :(

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2009, 11:49:42 PM »
I like UFO. There's parts of it I don't like; my biggest peeve thus far is that the UFOs are designed to be chained in a way that give you a ton of bonuses, but if you miss one UFO (or collect them out of order) then you lose a lot. It's almost as unforgiving as MoF's faith system.

I'm also beginning to think that Ex-Kogasa isn't complete bullshit, which contrasts to massive ragequits a couple of days ago.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2009, 11:51:30 PM »
you guys are idiots

everything

I think the train spell card is an awesome concept. It's just...there's too many things going on at once. It's certainly got cool points though. Also, if you hate it so much, just don't play UFO.

So now that I have a new computer AFTER 8 YEARS (still need to hook it up though), I can finally play this game in all its glory.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2009, 11:56:03 PM »
I have a new computer
Oh shit.

I wait in anticipation for a slew of Lunatic 1CC replays from you :V

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2009, 11:57:18 PM »
the train card makes no sense conceptually and mathematically

why does no one understand this

do I have to spell it out for all of you?

it's like talking to brick walls

ok maybe foam walls you guys aren't that bad

« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2009, 12:02:00 AM »
you guys are idiots
everything
Admittedly, I only play on normal difficulty, but I have no problem with the train card. The only hard cards in the first three stages are Kogasa's rain card if the bullets spawn right on top of you and Ichirin's laser eyes card.
On topic, UFO is my current favourite if the series due to the music and the bullet patterns, although I haven't gotten past Shou yet. I have to admit, I'm not overly fond of the UFO systems - dense bullet patterns in stages 4 and 5 make UFOs hard to get, and rainbow UFOs never seem to be the colour you want when you're in the right position to pick them up. I am getting more used to it, though.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2009, 12:13:27 AM »
If it didn't make mathematical sense, it wouldn't be there in the first place. 

what wit and vigor.

Gpop

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2009, 12:17:30 AM »
He only played the demo.

He never played the full version yet.

I don't consider him a troll, but I think he's bashing out on the game way too much.

« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2009, 12:17:55 AM »
Okay, so you don't like Carnival Train. That's fine, I don't like Yugi's third non-card and think it's almost unavoidable BS.

Use a bomb and move on.

Oh, and Khornate dude: Just because someone has a complaint about a game doesn't mean that they're bad at it. I was world #1 at Ninja Gaiden Black for a couple of months but still complained about the Chapter 13 boss fight.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2009, 12:23:33 AM »
wow guys way to use personal attacks and logical fallacies

though I will admit I was a bit of an ass, but that's just the way I talk when I'm pissed off

but my point still stands. carnival train is the worst card conceptually in all of touhou

game's definitely not too hard though, I've cleared all the extra stages and I've 1cc'ed MoF lunatic, so it's not like I suck at the game

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2009, 12:41:59 AM »
WAT

Are you playing on Normal?

Stay at the bottom of the screen for the whole spellcard, you'll be amazed how much easier it gets :V

GreenJR

• The richest man in the world!
  • Lets play Roshambo!
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2009, 01:11:37 AM »
Sadly I find Kogasa's first spellcard to be the hardest and the train card is harder on easy than on Hard. All of her others are cakewalk unless the difficulty is hard or higher.
From a game that laughs at your loss and misery.

« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2009, 01:14:33 AM »
I've actually captured The Train Spellcard (legitimately) a few times on Normal. It's a matter of, well, not particularly minding if you're particularly below Kogasa, I suppose.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2009, 01:17:40 AM »

though I will admit I was a bit of an ass, but that's just the way I talk when I'm pissed off

but my point still stands. carnival train is the worst card conceptually in all of touhou

game's definitely not too hard though, I've cleared all the extra stages and I've 1cc'ed MoF lunatic, so it's not like I suck at the game

Why don't you try explaining how Carnival Train "makes no sense conceptually and mathematically" whatever that means, instead of just saying that that's how it is and we're all drooling idiots for not understanding this? That's how you come across as a troll - unsupported blanket statements that seem to be aimed at getting a reaction.

If it's not too much trouble, of course.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2009, 01:18:13 AM »
Stay at the bottom of the screen for the whole spellcard, you'll be amazed how much easier it gets :V
That must explain why I always have to deathbomb it while doing the EXACT OPPOSITE.
Yeah. I always try to shotgun this one.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2009, 01:18:54 AM »

Hey, jerkface. If you want to yell at people, at least use punctuation and capitalization. Carry on.

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2009, 01:59:49 AM »
WAT

as mentioned before (for Normal, at least), staying at the bottom of the screen will save you lots of work; you just have to acknowledge when Kogasa fires her aimed bullet streams, and then check if there are amulets coming from above and micrododge them, or unfocus and then dodge them (in case you want to lure the aimed streams fired by Kogasa herself); avoid the corners.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2009, 02:01:20 AM »
So how is UFO's reception?

A bit fuzzy, but tuning the dials just right clears that up.

:V http://instantrimshot.com/ :V

Anyway, Train card is bad, but only because it's harder on Easy than it is on Normal.  Once you figure it out, though, Easy, Normal, and Hard all follow the same basic pattern that can be dodged the same way.  I can't speak for Lunatic.

I love everything about UFO except that you can't love it too much or it crashes. :(

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2009, 02:05:11 AM »
I can't speak for Lunatic.
Same thing really. Just a lot more micrododging / reading extremely dense waves of amulets.

History of 1/35 (possibly more fails overall) speaks for itself.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2009, 02:07:47 AM »
you guys are idiots

everything

I think the train spell card is an awesome concept. It's just...there's too many things going on at once. It's certainly got cool points though. Also, if you hate it so much, just don't play UFO.

So now that I have a new computer AFTER 8 YEARS (still need to hook it up though), I can finally play this game in all its glory.

Wow... I've met a guy that had to wait longer than myself to get a new computer. It took me 7 years to get a new computer and it was really just something my dad picked up off the street.
Anyway, I find UFO to be quite enjoyable-brutal, but fun. My biggest complaint is stage 5- take that out/improve it and game is 100% perfect.

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2009, 02:16:11 AM »
So how is UFO's reception?

A bit fuzzy, but tuning the dials just right clears that up.
http://instantcrickets.com/

Benny1

• Die The Death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is The Death!
  • Dlanor of the Ten Wedges
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2009, 02:22:49 AM »
Okay hi I deleted a lot of trollfeeding and trolling.

stargroup: Please let us know better what you mean if you're going to say something is the worst card in touhou.  We still don't really understand how it makes no sense mathematically (Actually if a train was going in that direction it's rather likely that it would shoot bullets in the direction it is moving like they do in this game)

Slaves: Don't feed trolls

William Wordslayer, Champion of Khorne : Don't feed trolls.

Anyways, Kogasa is an irritating boss.  Her first boss spellcard is overly difficult and can really screw you over, and her second spellcard is utterly ridiculous.  I like having bullets spawned on me, or very very close to me!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2009, 03:24:21 AM »
Ironically, after playing said "worst spell card ever" like 10 times after all this, I've suddenly fallen in love and I think it's an amazing spell card (didn't manage to capture it though)

Kogasa's first is evil, but I'm seeing that it's micromemorizable. The problem is just what IS this path to take? I've gotten within five seconds of capturing it though.

And her second is surprisingly easy. It rarely walls you and as long as you have your wits about you you can just micrododge in the center and end it in about 15 seconds.

EDIT: Also I just realized: Nue has broken the extra boss tradition of having her portrait in her spell card background! UNFORGIVABLE.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 03:27:38 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2009, 03:49:22 AM »
EDIT: Also I just realized: Nue has broken the extra boss tradition of having her portrait in her spell card background! UNFORGIVABLE.
Or, it may be the product of the Seed of the Unknown, and it IS her true true form.
Lol interpretations

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2009, 03:57:02 AM »
Ironically, after playing said "worst spell card ever" like 10 times after all this, I've suddenly fallen in love and I think it's an amazing spell card (didn't manage to capture it though)

Kogasa's first is evil, but I'm seeing that it's micromemorizable. The problem is just what IS this path to take? I've gotten within five seconds of capturing it though.

And her second is surprisingly easy. It rarely walls you and as long as you have your wits about you you can just micrododge in the center and end it in about 15 seconds.

Well Ran didn't have her portrait either D:

Also for Kogasa's first card, it's much easier if you're using any of the A-characters, since their shots all go in front of you. What I do with MarisaA:
-When Kogasa starts the card, she summons four parasol bullets. Destroy all of them and move to the right.
-She should move in front of you. At this point just follow her location and shoot the parasols that get in your way, don't bother with anything else.

I find it easier to dodge the large blue bullets than the parasols, but maybe that's just me.