Author Topic: Is there any way of changing spoilers?  (Read 9844 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Is there any way of changing spoilers?
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:06:11 PM »
For example, on the vBulletin forum software (the Kerbal Space Program forum is an example here), you can do this:

Which expands to this:

It also works with text.

On here, though, spoilers
Spoiler:
look like this. Here's a test image:

As you can see, images don't work with spoilers here. Is there any way for spoilers to change so that images can work in it?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Is there any way of changing spoilers?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:13:12 PM »
Important to know: The spoiler tag, it self, is a BBS/Text mark-up. Logically it won't affect images summoned by the img mark-up.

Although, a lot of forums have the drop-down to view spoiler thing. I was slightly wondering the same regarding MotK. Though regarding images, I am not quite sure how the sizes/dimension act when in such system. To be honest it wouldn't be a bad idea though I am not quite sure whether it is supported by the forum code. TSO-chan / admins can only let us know.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 03:17:33 PM »
There's the "NSFW" tag that hide images until you click them, if you want a provisory solution for images.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 04:30:15 AM »
Nope I'm lazy

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 04:52:35 AM »
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 07:15:15 AM »
Hidden image; click to show

Using quotes might be an acceptable alternative for image hiding without nsfw tags
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 07:50:09 PM »
Let's test that theory:
Me and mah waifu:

e: Hey, it works! I think this makes a good stop-gap solution. Well spotted!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 08:34:21 PM »
Let's test that theory:
e: Hey, it works! I think this makes a good stop-gap solution. Well spotted!

Thing is, once you've opened it, you can't close it, except for refreshing.

Very bad for me, since I have very slow internet right now....
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 02:39:03 AM »
You do realize after it's loaded it doesn't matter if you can close it or not it's still downloaded and rendered in your cache.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 09:50:32 AM »
Using quotes might be an acceptable alternative for image hiding without nsfw tags

Or use plain old url tag. You can just open it in a new tab, unless your browser lacks that function.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 06:57:37 AM »

Let me give a notice, though, that sometimes quoting images doesn't fold them, so that method doesn't always work.
I wonder if there's an intended pattern with this or I should have bugreported that.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Tengukami

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 11:35:05 AM »
I don't recall seeing this happen here since the change was made. Can you link to any examples?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 04:12:27 PM »
Or use plain old url tag. You can just open it in a new tab, unless your browser lacks that function.
URL tag should automatically pop open a new tab, no intervention required.

Let me give a notice, though, that sometimes quoting images doesn't fold them, so that method doesn't always work.
I wonder if there's an intended pattern with this or I should have bugreported that.
It should all be automatic, I'm not sure of any instances where this is ignored. Can you post me links to a few examples?

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 05:44:30 PM »
It should all be automatic, I'm not sure of any instances where this is ignored. Can you post me links to a few examples?
IMG tags that are embedded in URL tags will not be automatically hidden when quoted. Most notably seen in Minus.com's "Forum Code" link share.
Code: [Select]
[URL=http://minus.com/i/ImagePreview.png][IMG]http://i.minus.com/FullImage.png[/IMG][/URL]
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.

Tengukami

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 05:50:26 PM »
IMG tags that are embedded in URL tags will not be automatically hidden when quoted. Most notably seen in Minus.com's "Forum Code" link share.

Let's try that out:

e: When I quote that, I do still see the full image. But this doesn't seem like a major issue.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 05:52:08 PM by Tengukami »

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 05:59:08 PM »
Let's try that out:

e: When I quote that, I do still see the full image. But this doesn't seem like a major issue.
If you quote a post with multiple large images, you'll see where an issue can appear.
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14001.msg1109938.html#msg1109938

While it is technically a solution to strip the URL tags from the post/quote, since imgur, minus.com, etc. have IMGs embedded in URLs in their Forum Code templates, I can foresee scenarios where someone uses these templates to post multiple images, and then someone else quotes the post and inadvertently reposts all the images. I did that myself before editing my post.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:06:28 PM by shockdude »

Tengukami

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2014, 06:17:45 PM »
If you quote a post with multiple large images, you'll see where an issue can appear
This happens so rarely that I think SJs can just strip the image links out of the quotes themselves without having to re-write anything.

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 06:37:47 PM »
This happens so rarely that I think SJs can just strip the image links out of the quotes themselves without having to re-write anything.
Fair enough.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 03:39:19 AM »
For now yeah just report it and it can be worked around. I'll look into it in a future update.