Topic: What anime(s) and/or manga(s) are you watching/reading right now?  (Read 37711 times)

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
Re: What anime(s) and/or manga(s) are you watching/reading right now?
« Reply #510 on: June 05, 2017, 03:40:42 am »
Boo hoo hoo-oooh!
Too bad Elf is the best girl, that means there's no chance she will win.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:42:33 am by Delfigamer »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Saxy Grandpa
  • Fate Memory
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Zent
« Reply #511 on: June 05, 2017, 05:18:06 am »
It'll probably just wind up ending like Oreimo. G R O S S.  :barf:

And now that I've ruined that for you and every other EMS fan who ISN'T into THAT:
I'm mainly watching Dragon Ball Super's dub, even though it's currently still in the movie adaptation arc phase. Mainly hoping it'll tide me over until Stardust Crusaders starts airing on Toonami in the hopefully, hopefully near future.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Save the bees; eat a vegan.
  • Zentillion's Tumblr

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #512 on: June 18, 2017, 11:55:46 am »
Been picking up Arpeggio of Blue Steel both Manga and Anime and found both to be very enjoyable and realized that with how the manga is the way the Anime adapted it was really the best option they had for amount of episodes they had available.

I mean I've had Haruna in World of Warships for almost a year or more now but just now started to poke where she came from.

On other fronts group watches of Space Battleship 2199 with friends.
Might have other stuff on the list soon.
This Space For Rent

Delfigamer

« Reply #513 on: June 18, 2017, 11:06:22 pm »
So, I've decided to check this RWBY thing out.
My thoughts: "cheesus, so much cheese!", "do these animators just hate it when something stays still?", "omg just behave like a sane human already come on", "hey the music is kinda nice", "(actually covers his face with hands) my god this joke was already bad and they keep dragging it on!", "ahaha dude you're so right these are weird children man this dude is the ray of fresh light in this cheesy yellowness dear god".
"I liked it better when I was watching GMod machinimas."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:09:38 pm by Delfigamer »

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
  • Nickname: Market Gardening Youkai
« Reply #514 on: June 19, 2017, 05:25:05 am »
Season 1 kinda sucked, Season 2 got good, Season 3 was alright, considering what happened.

Season 4 was there, I guess.

BT

• Who cares? Unimportant
  • Overrated, overblown
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Dan
« Reply #515 on: June 22, 2017, 09:04:46 pm »
I'm fresh outta the oven with Koe no Katachi, or at least I was yesterday. Anybody seen it and wanna share thoughts? I was snuggling a blanket for, like, half the movie.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Kasunagi
« Reply #516 on: June 23, 2017, 02:00:51 am »
I've got no idea why, but ever since I've gotten passed the anime in the DanMachi novels, everything just got way more awesome. I'm seriously hoping that they announce a second season at the end of spinoff anime now because they definitely have enough material for at least a second season by now.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Jq1790

• The countdown's finally begun!
  • It's Karin's time to rise once more!
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #517 on: June 29, 2017, 12:43:00 pm »
I'm fresh outta the oven with Koe no Katachi, or at least I was yesterday. Anybody seen it and wanna share thoughts? I was snuggling a blanket for, like, half the movie.
I want to see this so badly after a friend turned me on to looking into it...  It's out?  Or do I not want to ask (due to...questionable means of watching)?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #518 on: July 12, 2017, 10:01:12 pm »
Just wrapped up Eromanga-sensei.  All I can say is, "Meh."

It's not bad, but it's far from good too.  All it has going for it are moeblobs and memes.  The story isn't very good and feel so by-the-numbers, and the characters are underdeveloped.  And let's not get into the (pseudo-)incest angle it's aiming for.  (Other than can the author write anything else?)  It's the type of series that's hot today, forgotten tomorrow.

Borrowing Jeremy Jahn's rating scale, I give it a "Will forget about it in about T-1 Day (Yup, already forgotten about it.)"

Delfigamer

« Reply #519 on: July 13, 2017, 06:49:47 am »
Eromanga is trash, and so is Emilia.
I think it was fine. It was consistently funny, which I can't say for a lot of titles.
As for moeblobs and memes, well, of course, Eromanga is full of them, that's kind of the point of the show: how much trash can you pack into a 20-minute episode withouth it spilling into an R rating? I think the creators were successful in packing a lot.
I liked Emilia more though.

Lt Streko

• EXPLOOOOOSION
« Reply #520 on: July 13, 2017, 08:32:29 am »
I thought both seasons of Konosuba was consistently funny. I mean the ending of the second season with the constant harassing by the Axis cult members started to get old, but it only lasted for two episodes and really drives home the fact how annoying Aqua's worshippers are .

Anyways, not really a lot of interesting anime coming out this season. The only thing I'm somewhat interested in is the new Fate series, and after watching the first two episodes I think it's okay. I just want an anime with some sort of engaging/exciting plot, there's too much silly stuff now.
Uwaaaa~

BT

• Who cares? Unimportant
  • Overrated, overblown
  • LOOK AT ME
  • Nickname: Dan
« Reply #521 on: July 13, 2017, 09:47:42 am »
I thought both seasons of Konosuba was consistently funny. I mean the ending of the second season with the constant harassing by the Axis cult members started to get old, but it only lasted for two episodes and really drives home the fact how annoying Aqua's worshippers are .

Anyways, not really a lot of interesting anime coming out this season. The only thing I'm somewhat interested in is the new Fate series, and after watching the first two episodes I think it's okay. I just want an anime with some sort of engaging/exciting plot, there's too much silly stuff now.
Check out Made in Abyss. It's the resident "show that's actually pretty good but with a name that makes people laugh every time you gush over it".

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
  • Nickname: MielMiel
« Reply #522 on: July 13, 2017, 08:08:52 pm »
Symphogear AXZ. Episode 2.
Fist 1, reason 0!
That's pretty much Symphogear in nutshell.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Jq1790

• The countdown's finally begun!
  • It's Karin's time to rise once more!
  • LOOK AT ME
« Reply #523 on: July 13, 2017, 09:47:16 pm »
Watched much of Little Witch Academia recently, no regrets.  Started Hyouka, got paywalled on Funi but got enough of a taste I WILL end up buying it later or asking for it so it definitely hooked me, KonoSuba I'm almost done with and think is hilarious and clever in how it does things.  Gotta finish the last episode or two tonight(EDIT:  Done and found out it might have just been meant to promote the manga version and so there won't be a s3?  That's....Kinda makes me hope it bombs out of spite).

Pretty good times so far.  Gotta catch up on more cool things I've ignored over the past year+.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:17:39 am by Jq1790 »
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Theme based on ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.