Author Topic: What anime(s) and/or manga(s) are you watching/reading right now?  (Read 216164 times)

Lt Streko

• Gates of Yukari
Re: What anime(s) and/or manga(s) are you watching/reading right now?
« Reply #450 on: December 10, 2016, 02:13:40 AM »
Lol yeah, that's what I meant. My friend always calls Plastic Memories "Plastic Feels" so I kind of got that name stuck in my head. Not gonna lie though, it's not TOO difficult to make me cry from an anime. I mean I still cry to the ending of Angel Beats.
Anyways, I'll probably end up watching it next, I've only heard good things about it. I'll let you know what I think.
Uwaaaa~

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #451 on: December 10, 2016, 03:09:34 AM »
Anyways, I'll probably end up watching it next, I've only heard good things about it. I'll let you know what I think.
Well then, here's a bad thing from me: I didn't buy the drama. I don't remember what exactly was wrong with it, but Taiga claims I tagged it as "stupid", so... that.
...My responce after watching 11 episodes says "My feel train stays still with its suspension broken", so here's also that.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Lt Streko

• Gates of Yukari
« Reply #452 on: December 11, 2016, 07:59:46 PM »
So I JUST finished Plastic Memories, and even though I saw the ending coming since episode 1 (I mean who didn't?) I still cried. Isla was too damn cute. Best girl. I enjoyed the show even though it was VERY predictable and relatively standard, though this makes it easy to watch in a casually manner. Honestly, the show to me was very similar to Eden, particularly both of the main female protagonists Isla and Sion.
Spoiler:
I mean they were both artificial beings created by humans who ultimately came to terms with their inevitable deaths and perished.
They even look the SAME.

Regardless, I did enjoy the show. Now time to find something else to cry to watch.
Uwaaaa~

Delfigamer

« Reply #453 on: December 12, 2016, 01:40:28 AM »
Psst, LtStreko... have you seen Clannad?
it was VERY predictable and relatively standard
That was one of the reasons why PM failed for me. Another was that they started with "feels" straight away, before I even got a chance to get attached to them. Overall, it looked more like "Look at me! Isn't it sad? Look at me! LOOK AT ME!"
In contrast, Clannad has a whole season that serves no purpose but to build up to the actual story (seriously, by itself it's pretty meh).
Helck starts with a good comedy, before it gradually lets you in on how serious the character's problems are, and then there's the flashback. The only thing that disapponts me is that it's not adapted into anime yet.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:55:32 AM by Delfigamer »

Lt Streko

• Gates of Yukari
« Reply #454 on: December 12, 2016, 06:06:06 PM »
Psst, LtStreko... have you seen Clannad?
I've not only seen it but I've even played the VN as well (have only done two paths). Clannad was pretty good, but one of the things I love about it is how time actually passes and the characters legit grow up and become adults. Those last few episodes though, my god, all the feels. It was extremely well done overall and I felt the first season by itself was decent, though it was obviously a setup for the second season. I was told to watch it after I became obsessed with Angel Beats! Pretty much anything done by Key I've found has been worth while to watch. I plan on watching Little Busters soon, though I've been prioritizing other shows over it.
Uwaaaa~

Delfigamer

« Reply #455 on: December 31, 2016, 04:57:06 AM »
The (cold) joke is 'mint' in Japanese is "hakka", and Yasuo is a hacker.
I know an even cooler joke and I feel moderately ashamed for this.
Spoiler:
Ammy's OS of choice is
Spoiler:
Linux Mint.

Delfigamer

« Reply #456 on: January 11, 2017, 07:32:18 AM »
Okay, let's review this season's supply of cute girls.
Urara Meirochou looks very promising. The Second Coming of Umaru-chan starts pretty good too. Half-chan kinda pales in comparison, actually, though there's still hope. Pork-men Strike Back has a good trap. The kickstarterted one is okay. Akiba'strip is I don't even.
By the way, did you know catgirls are cute? Well, of course you did, but, you see, there's one thing that is even better than catgirls; that is, foxgirls. So, with reasoning like this, I've also started Wagaya no Oinari-sama, and from the 2 episodes I've seen so far, this stuff is old. So, is there something else about foxgirls you'd like to recommend me?

« Reply #457 on: January 12, 2017, 10:45:06 AM »
I'm on episode 6 of Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

« Reply #458 on: February 12, 2017, 08:22:32 AM »
demi-chan seems to have struck a chord with me on disability stuff.
So this is what it's like to find characters actually relatable. Episodes covering anxiety over disclosure, adaptations/ assistive tech,  support networks, so good...

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #459 on: February 15, 2017, 06:33:19 AM »
Hibike! Euphonium and Avatar: The Last Airbender, both rewatches. Also going to start Diamond is Unbreakable soon.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #460 on: February 15, 2017, 09:55:24 AM »
Konosuba consistently delivers

Delfigamer

« Reply #461 on: February 15, 2017, 01:12:29 PM »
So, a few episodes later, the cream of the current season seems to be Scum's Wish, Konosuba and Vigne is the best girl and this is why.
Scum's Wish is a romantic comedy with elements of drama, following a little bunch of girls and boys on their journey to discover what is good, what is bad, what they really wanted all along, why they don't have it and why they are scum. Yuri included.
Gabriel Dropout should strongly remind you of My Little Sister Can't Be This NEET, but I personally find it closer to Nyaruko-san in terms of comedy, soul and, of course, best girl arsenal (which makes GDP even better).
As for the rest, Demi-chan somehow doesn't intrigue me as much, Kobayashi-san seems good, but not exceptional, Yuri On Oracles, with its yuri removed, remains kinda dull, and Grill Bill is a trainwreck of a Chinese knockoff of Oregairu on vegetables.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #462 on: February 19, 2017, 03:51:44 AM »
Finished DokiDoki Precure and it's cemented its place as my third favourite Pretty Cure series behind Heartcatch and Smile. Now I've only got Happiness Charge and Go! Princess left. That said though, KiraKira is turning out to be pretty good so far, but I can't wait to see how things go once they've gotten past the introductory arc.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #463 on: February 21, 2017, 04:25:11 PM »
For those of you kumo fans who may have stopped following the series for a bit, kumo desu ga nanika? has finally managed to catch up to the elf war timeline and so we can finally expect to have story development starting tomorrow or so (or later today if the author feels generous).
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #464 on: February 25, 2017, 07:20:05 PM »
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I really love Demi-chan as a series; at the very least I find it underrated. To me it's the best written "monster girl" manga/anime out right now, mainly because it does a brilliant job of writing fully fleshed-out characters that just happen to be part monster. In fact the series itself goes into detail over the "are they monster or are they human" question. It's a near-perfect blend of serious moments and comedy that the genre desperately needed.

Also, as any slice-of-life show needs to succeed, the characters are (almost) all enjoyable and grow over time. Today's episisode showed
Spoiler:
Yuki, who up until now displayed nothing but shyness and insinuated innocence, is secretly a fan of shounen gag manga, echii-ness included and, in fact, a guilty pleasure itself.
That said, she still doesn't ursurp
Spoiler:
Hikari
as the best character of the show, with
Spoiler:
Hikari's unintentional double-entendre basically pulling her ahead for good. God I love that goofball so much.

Also I'm honestly shocked how much I'm enjoying Kemono Friends. Like seriously there's obvious flaws (especially in the animation) but it's so charming I can't not enjoy it.

EDIT: SPOILER LINK= This blog post does a pretty good job explaining part of the charm to me.
Spoiler:
It was indeed around episodes 2 and 3 that the creepy feeling of "what the fuck happened to the Humans who built this place and why is Bag-chan here?" really started to occupy my mind. In retrospect, part of that is indeed the fact that nobody else questions this at all and instead just goes on being cute and doing cute things. It leads to the viewer (or at least crazy people like me) feeling like that one character who always seems to notice something is off when their buddies ignore it, leading them to exclaim "Wait, wait! Are we really just going to ignore [the elephant in the room]?" followed by reluctantly following along, the questions ever gnawing away at the back of our minds. It's rather clever, though maybe unintentional? Either way it's shockingly entertaining.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 07:50:28 PM by Silent Harmony »

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #465 on: February 26, 2017, 09:44:28 AM »
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I really love Demi-chan as a series; at the very least I find it underrated.
Unpopular?

Delfigamer

« Reply #466 on: February 26, 2017, 01:37:20 PM »
He probably saw me underwhelmed by it, and thought that was the majority's opinion.
Not like Demi-chan is a bad story, it just doesn't engage me personally as much as some others.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #467 on: February 26, 2017, 10:35:27 PM »
He probably saw me underwhelmed by it, and thought that was the majority's opinion.
Not like Demi-chan is a bad story, it just doesn't engage me personally as much as some others.

Not just you, I've heard the same opinion thrown around, especially compared to other shows this season.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #468 on: February 26, 2017, 11:46:36 PM »
I'm surprised to read that, it had been more or less the opposite for me.

I mean, best girl is in this.

Delfigamer

« Reply #469 on: February 27, 2017, 07:21:50 AM »
Welp, you know what they say. In a room with 6 weaboos, you are guaranteed to find at least 7 best girls.

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #470 on: February 28, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »
Maid dragon is a pretty strong shot for me cause it does heartwarming pretty well I think. Not sure how to explain it, but I really like how the anime somehow conveys Kobayashi's growing fondness for her two dragon tenants in a way that isn't yuri bait.

Also the opening lines of the OP is catchy as all hell.

Delfigamer

« Reply #471 on: March 04, 2017, 01:08:17 AM »
Suddenly, the anime of this season comes out to be I Am Surrounded by Raging Animals, which is neatly summed up in this picture.
A little note: when it starts out with disgusting CG, bear with them, it gets better later.

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #472 on: March 05, 2017, 10:18:24 PM »
Suddenly, the anime of this season comes out to be I Am Surrounded by Raging Animals, which is neatly summed up in this picture.
A little note: when it starts out with disgusting CG, bear with them, it gets better later.

I am watching it too. First episode was... well, not representative of the series as a whole I guess. XD
But because it shown up on knowyourmeme among a few place, I kept watching and it's nice.
Basically, a young girl wake up in some kind of huge animal park filled with animal girl people
and seem to have amnesia as she doesn't know what animal she is even though it's obvious she's a human.
She meet Serval who offer her to bring her to the library so that she finds answers.

It's a series of cute girls meeting more cute girls and they get to know each others and help each others.
That being said, as those thing happens, there are vibes of something that happened in the past before the series started.

If I go by the fanart, the Shoebill girl, the Toki girl and the Penguins girls are very popular.
Also, bkub has made at least 2 comic strip referencing the anime.

Anyway, I can't wait for episode 8, I want to see the Penguin Idols. XD

You can wish for anything!

Drake

« Reply #473 on: March 06, 2017, 02:02:18 AM »
Pokemon continues to be super good. More people need to watch this.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #474 on: March 06, 2017, 06:51:41 AM »
I'd watch it, if only for the Trial captains (always okay with more Mallow), but Satoshi throughoutly annoys me.

« Reply #475 on: March 06, 2017, 11:37:21 PM »
Rarely watch anime now but I currently got back into watching Samurai Champloo. I stopped at episode 18 and I haven't watched it in like a year :V :V.

Should probably rewatch it when I finish it. Show helped me go through a really horrible period in my life

Lt Streko

• Gates of Yukari
« Reply #476 on: March 07, 2017, 07:00:15 PM »
Anyone else been watching the new season of Konosuba? I'm not really the biggest fan of shows that are just pure comedy, but this show just always makes me crack up laughing. It's the only anime I've been watching as new episodes come out (I usually wait for shows to be complete then either binge watch the whole series or watch the episodes in chunks).
Uwaaaa~

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #477 on: March 07, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »
Sangatsu no Lion has been grrrrreat.

Delfigamer

« Reply #478 on: March 08, 2017, 07:34:03 AM »
Anyone else been watching the new season of Konosuba? I'm not really the biggest fan of shows that are just pure comedy, but this show just always makes me crack up laughing. It's the only anime I've been watching as new episodes come out (I usually wait for shows to be complete then either binge watch the whole series or watch the episodes in chunks).
Yes.
Also, speaking of comedies, I highly recommend Gabriel Dropout. I very much recommend it.

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #479 on: March 08, 2017, 10:48:49 PM »
Gabriel Dropout is the best Reaction Faces material I've seen for a while, and the show is fun overall.